PDA

View Full Version : Halo: The Movie

Darklordmyke
08-04-2007, 01:05 PM
I hear that FOX has recently picked up the licensing rights for the Halo movie yet again which means it's back in pre production!! I cannot wait for this beauty of a masterpiece hits theater possibly in 2009!

There is also this video circling the web of an assembly plant making snipers and warthogs... It's a live action trailer for Halo 3 apparently that the WETA team scraped together with Director Neil Bonkhamp (not sure if that's spelled correctly)

ShadowMaskPrime
08-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Mixed feelings...
On the one hand, VG movies rarely please. On the other hand, Halo might make a good movie.

It would be cool if they made it a prequel of Halo, showing the Fall of Reach and stuff, but I find that unlikely, since most people would complain that they now need to play the games to understand the story, plus there wouldn't be a Halo in the film then (appart from maybe at the end). A Separate retelling (hopefully not a rehash of the story) or completely new story loosely based on it is probably more likely...

Still might be entertaining, if they ever do get it done...

Prodigs
08-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Ultimately depends on what they decide to keep and replace from the games, that's really what the fans look at, regardless of whether it makes a good movie.

OverMind
08-05-2007, 05:59 PM
*sighs* I kind of have a feeling that it's going to suck, even though it hasn't been filmed yet.

On a side note, why haven't they made a StarCraft movie? The plot is basically laid out, and it's kickass for the most part. Hmm ...

mosescali
08-05-2007, 06:24 PM
I hope it wont be in development hell like metroid again, but i think Halo 3 isnt the last thing out of master chief, i thing the halo movie will wrap it up

ShadowMaskPrime
08-05-2007, 07:01 PM
.... The idea of a Starcraft films reminds me of the idea of Command and Conquer novels or film script that Penny Arcade's Tycho came up with....

OverMind
08-05-2007, 10:33 PM
.... The idea of a Starcraft films reminds me of the idea of Command and Conquer novels or film script that Penny Arcade's Tycho came up with....
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/04/27

Indeed. I wasn't at all thinking about the general plot of the game, you know the story, and the tons of potential cool battle scenes. I was thinking solely about the minute details like resource-gathering ... yep .... resource-gathering ... because everyone knows that's exactly what would make the movie great.

ShadowMaskPrime
08-06-2007, 11:44 AM
I know I know, but after that comic, that idea springs to mind whenever someone mentions a novel/film based on a RTS....

grungies
08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Two words:

Peter Jackson.

This will be the first good video game movie, trust me.

Oh, and here's some footage to whet the appetite of the Halo fans (who am I kidding, it's just gonna make them more thirsty):

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ethreeblowout

(look under Halo: Arms Race for the links)

Manipul8or
08-06-2007, 04:34 PM
actually there are novels for Starcraft too...........but a movie would be kickass for it........but would probably turn out crappy........

I still have high hopes for the Halo movie though......

ShadowMaskPrime
08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
.... I though Arms Race was just Halo 3 Promotional Live Action Advertisement, much like that one they did for the Super bowl .....

grungies
08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Nope, it's a piece from Peter Jackson and director Neill Blomkamp.

I guess it worked because the movie's back on track.

Prodigs
08-10-2007, 02:06 AM
I've always had hopes there would be a Metroid movie, and I heard John Woo was taking the directors seat at one point, obviously that didn't work out.