PDA

View Full Version : Tekken (2009) - Live Action Movie

JesusRocks
06-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I think this will suck, yet I am inescapably drawn to anticipating its eventual release, and also viewing it upon it's eventual release.

I think it will suck for three reasons:

1) It's a video-game adaptation - these are notorious for sucking, and this one will be no different
2) There's no Paul Phoenix - the dude has massive hair, gonna suck without him... I don't care if he's not part of the real plot, I just want him in the movie! ಠ_ಠ
3) Yoshimitsu - It is pure inevitability that his portrayal will be done poorly, making this movie suck

As yet, there isn't really that much information flying round on this... mostly on Wikipedia:
Tekken (2009 Film) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_%282009%29)

What do you guys think?

iwatch2muchanime
06-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Well for someone says Jesus Rocks you're clearly someone who hates everything.

I don't think at all, no need too, too hard. So like everything else ever, this has a 50/50 chance of good or bad and will watch it either way.

JesusRocks
06-17-2008, 08:35 AM
I don't hate everything... I don't even hate this movie... just not setting my hopes too high for this one. I really want it to be a good movie, but I just think it might be a little too ambitious, especially since the other game-to-movie adaptations haven't been up to scratch... mind you, it is primarily martial arts, and those are generally good...

I'm just ranting unnecessarily, hopefully the movie makers have learned from the mistakes their colleagues made with other movie adaptations of good games. I just really don't wanna see it ruin the game's rep...

iwatch2muchanime
06-18-2008, 04:12 AM
The games rep needs to be tarnished by something. Andamovie may do just that.

But alas, it doesn't matter what anything else has done and how it faired, it has nothing to do with this movie and won't, sure most game to movies suck, but it doesn't mean anything to this movie and thus is just another in the wheel of movies coming.

gigavirus
07-14-2008, 04:44 AM
well have you seen ff 7 advent children i dont even like the games realy but that is one heck of a movie
and i think it could be done ok

Chidori
07-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Advent Children wasn't that good. It could have been a fuckton better.

iwatch2muchanime
07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
AC had so many actual CG flaws that it hurts after seeing it 89 times (as I liked it) But ANYTHING can be better, anything and everything, and for a movie only production of a hyped game from hell, it did well. But yes I agree it could've done better in eevery way.

Chidori
07-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I never doubted it wasn't good, but there were obvious rooms for improvement.

Xarg
07-21-2008, 11:33 PM
I know it will not be a great movie, but I know I'm not going to hate it.

Ammeterasu77
07-21-2008, 11:36 PM
*gasps air* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why!? Just why?! They made an animated movie that SUCKED BALLS. Why are they going to kill it again? *drops F-bomb*

And why no Paul Phoenix? wtf?

Oh wait, it's on wikipedia? Probably fake then, never mind.