PDA

View Full Version : TopFree

Spoofs3
08-06-2008, 04:47 PM
TopFree is a way of females gaining equal rights with men in all ways, They view that Females should also be able to wear no shirts in public areas.
Most States within the united states do not encourage TopFree and it is illegal to show breasts within public.
The reason these rules exist is because some people find breasts arousing which is not seen in the male chest.
But it has nothing to do with sex some feminists find it unfair to justify such behavior.

Discuss your views, look it up if you have to gain some insight on TopFree or Topfree Equal Rights Association (TERA)

Azat
08-06-2008, 04:50 PM
While I think this is a good idea, and I support it for those who would like to show their breasts in public, I wouldn't do it myself.

Spoofs3
08-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Accepted, This orginization is just there so people can have the choice to do it, Although America is meant to be the land of the free they still stop females from doing things that males can do.
(Even though I act like a perv most of the time I am a feminist and take these matters seriously)

Azat
08-06-2008, 04:58 PM
I see. I think this is a fairly good organization, and it is a bit sexist that they made this illegal for woman. Besides, men have breasts too, but they don't do this to them. (Especially overweight men O_o)

Underling
08-06-2008, 04:59 PM
this is the stupidest thing i've heard this week

Spoofs3
08-06-2008, 05:06 PM
it's an organization underling ¬_¬
if you don't have anything good to put into one side or another then leave

killshot
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
This organization has my full support! This injustice must be rectified immediately! Let us work together to free the innocent breasts from the tyranny of our patriarchal society!

But seriously, whose idea was it to make breasts illegal? If topless women became an everyday thing, boobs would lose their appeal. They're only interesting now because we are not allowed to see them. I'd stare for a week at most. I don't see the harm in this movement, but honestly the reasoning behind it is fairly stupid. Even if women were allowed to go topless, I doubt there would be many takers. Worst-case scenario, strip clubs go out of business.

Azat
08-06-2008, 10:29 PM
That is true... XD

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
08-07-2008, 12:22 AM
I believe in some African tribes women do go topless.

Tatterdemalion
08-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Is it actually illegal to be topless in the United States? I'm pretty sure it's legal in New York...(at least, I was under the impression it was).

And since when is the male chest not arousing?

I say take it a step further, and just let people, both male and female, be completely naked in public. Is that too unreasonable?

Elt
08-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Even if this would go true, i doubt any women will go around in public topless.
Which makes it stupid, as Underling said ...

HeavyDDR
08-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Same.

So, what, are they trying to deny that tits are arousing? (Though I do have to say clothed breasts are much hotter.) The only way this could become "equal" is if we could all just go naked.

That and men that don't wear shirts are stuck-up, cocky, and gay.

Spoofs3
08-07-2008, 09:52 AM
It's not about wheter some women would its about the choice to,
Only like 10 states allow them to have the choice to the rest they would be arrested.

@Heavy: They are not trying to deny breasts are arousing they are merely trying to make it lose most of it's appeal because long ago they decided breasts have more apeal than the male chest making it illegal to show breasts in public.

It's like a forbidon fruit thing, The male chest is seen less arousing in modern day world because if you wanted to you could go to any beach or swimming pool and see it. The female chest is seen as more arousing as you can't see it regulary if you wanted to.

That and men that don't wear shirts are stuck-up, cocky, and gay.
Please do not tell me you wear a shirt when swimming...

Tatterdemalion
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
So, what, are they trying to deny that tits are arousing? (Though I do have to say clothed breasts are much hotter.) The only way this could become "equal" is if we could all just go naked.
No, not at all. I've been checking out their website, and they don't at any point say "breasts are in no way arousing, anyone who is aroused by breasts in any way is sexist, death to men, etc." (which very often seems to be the public, albeit inaccurate perception of feminism). No, all they're saying is that bare breasts alone are in no way obscene or indecent, and there is no reason that women should not be allowed to be topless in public, if they so choose. Now, you're saying that's stupid, but would you care to provide a reason why? It seems perfectly sensible to me.That and men that don't wear shirts are stuck-up, cocky, and gay.
Well, that seems like a very childish comment to me (unless you were being sarcastic, in which case you forgot the sarcasm tags). Yes, there are definitely situations in which not wearing a shirt is perfectly reasonable, without any implications of cockiness or homosexuality. Let's say, for example, you're soing some sort of physical activity outdoors, like jogging. Doing so without wearing a shirt is not only understandable, but is in many ways practical. Or, let's say you're at the beach, or going swimming. It's not illogical to do so while topless. Or maybe you're out and about, perhaps in the park or some similar place, and it just turns out to be a really hot day. Would it be cocky or gay to remove your shirt then?

Don't equate being shirtless in public with going grocery shopping shirtless, going to the movies shirtless, going to corporate lunches shirtless, etc. Yes, that's different, but clearly there are situations when being shirtless in a place that happens to be public is practical/reasonable for a man. And if it's reasonable for a man, there's really no reason why it isn't reasonable for a woman.

What's so stupid about that?

Fenrir502
08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Even if it's legal, do you think that would make it acceptable?
I don't think men should walk around without a shirt on either.
Another example: It is legal for a man to wear a dress in public, is it not? Yet how many of those do you see?
Call me old fashioned, but it just seems impractical to change a law for something that would be done extremely rarely.
And besides, a large majority of men are perverted, insecure, pigs! There are times that I feel like killing my fellows for the sheer stupidity that seems to orbit their heads and the insane, perverted comments they make about girls! Allowing this will just increase the problem exponentially!

Um, I think that maybe I got a little off topic... and a little ranty, but my point still stands. A lot of other guys are insensitive jerks who will only seek to abuse this law. Of course, I realise that it is the principal of the thing that matters and I am overeacting big-time. I just reeaally think it's not the best idea.

Sorry if this brings me accross as rude, I assure you that this was not my intention.

Tatterdemalion
08-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Well, I think that it's acceptable already, regardless of whether it's legal or not.

And as far as impracticality, I'd say it's impractical to keep a law against something just because it is going to be practiced rarely.

For example, let's look at your point about men wearing dresses. It's true, you don't see transvestites very often, but at the same time, there are definitely some men who like to dress in ladies clothes. And there are some men who do wear ladies clothes in public. So if there were a law against transvestism (something which, although it's not common, is not indecent/obscene/harmful) would it be fair to those men to keep it on the books, and to enforce it, just because the men who would be targeted by it are in the minority? That actually seems incredibly unfair to me

Fenrir502
08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Well, I do see your point, however, I feel I must fall back on my other point. Idiots!(Men) will almost definitely make vulgar, obscene comments towards anyone who does this. Of course, I know that's hardly a reason to stop it being changed and would just have to be accepted as one of those necessary risks. It's not that I don't see your point, because I do. It's just that I can only imagine the unhappiness of a large majority. But, that's is just a small price to pray for freedom, ne? I guess then that there is nothing more for me to add at this time, other I guess I support.

Spoofs3
08-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Men may not make vulgar comments against such things because in spain near the coast it is legal and perfectly normal for a female to go around topless and when I was there I saw no such comments being made towards females wearing no shirts because it is the norm.
And this has nothing to do about the unhappiness of the large majority because they CAN still wear something to cover their breasts, I don't see how Females being able to go to areas where males can walk around shirtless and go there shirtless will make people unhappy.

Zairak
08-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use stereotypes like that. You act as if men are a collection of randy incompetents just waiting for an oppurtunity.

Besides, I agree with Killshot on this. Most of the males who do make what you could consider sexist comments only do it as a form of rebellion, in my experience. Forbidden fruit and all that. I think this movement is correct. Breasts have been around for millenia now. Get over it.

killshot
08-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Several millennia actually.

Tatterdemalion
08-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Or several hundred milennia, if you believe in that whole evolution thing.

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
08-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Lets look at this with way.
Bare chested females are interesting to Males, (I believe that's a correct assumption)
As a female, I find Bare chested males interesting.
Let's all wear heavy sweaters and coats so no one gets turned on.

Zairak
08-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Well...I guess that might do something towards the over population thing...