PDA

View Full Version : the belgariad

grimfang999
08-11-2008, 07:46 AM
im currantly reading these books and think they are very impressive read
so ive taken the liberty of making a topic about it in the books and literature section
anyone else read these and want to talk about them? or if you just want to find interesting books to read then the titles go:
book 1: pawn of prophecy
book 2: queen of sorcery
book 3: magicians gambit
book 4: castle of wizardry
book 5: enchanters end game

Fenrir502
08-11-2008, 02:51 PM
I loved this series! In case you didn't know, there is a sequal called the Mallorean which, although not quite as good, was still a worthwhile read.

grimfang999
08-11-2008, 05:23 PM
yeah ive seen it in the front of the books, i stil am half-way through the series thouh so ill read them after :P

leonhart321
09-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Make sure after you finish them, you get the Mallorean (the follow up). The books are, in order:
1.Guardians of the West
2.King of the Murgos
3. Demon Lord of Karanda
4.Sorceress of Darshiva
5. Seeress of Kell

grimfang999
09-04-2008, 10:02 AM
yep i have finished, im half-way through king of the murgos
this is a definate read, i liked the final battles at the end of enchanters end game, by far more satisfying than the crappy final harry/voldemort battle

niknnik
09-09-2008, 02:24 PM
THIS SERIES IS EPICALLY AWESOMSE.
David Eddings is my favourite author!!
^_^

Ibiza
10-26-2008, 06:58 PM
I love this series! <3 The last batlle is very epic... better than other books that try to describe their last battles. XD David Eddings did write some other books featuring this other character, a knight named Sparhawk in case anyone wanted to read it. The first ones of the series are the Elenium and the second ones are Tamuli.

Elenium books (in order): The Diamond Throne, The Ruby Knight and The Sapphire Rose
Tamuli books: Domes of Fire, The Shining Ones and The Hidden City

I wish more people would read this instead of Harry Potter though... why aren't they famous enough? ; ;

niknnik
04-20-2009, 07:49 AM
I finished The Mallorean a few weeks ago... Did anybody notice how the Malloreans and Murgos seemed to be communists. The Malloreans wore red and Garion told Zakath and the king of the Murgos that they should stop trying to do everything by themselves and get other people to help them, so it's less like a democracy. I constantly noticed that..
I hated in the Mallorean how Eddings repeated the word "Ostentatious" every 3 pages. And a lot of the things seemed repetitive, and I don't mean in the way that the world was repeating itself until everything was whole again. For example, half the things Silk says are sardonic or sarcastic, but every time he speaks it says "Silk said sardonically" or "Silk said in a cynical way" or something along those lines.
I'm reading Polgara the Sorceress right now, I've already red Belgarath the Sorceror. I actually love the series and there's something about the way Eddings writes that makes you want to know more about Garion and sorcery and stuff.

mystra
04-20-2009, 04:35 PM
I wish more people would read this instead of Harry Potter though... why aren't they famous enough? ; ;

because of the time it came out. it was big back then and actually started a lot of people into d&d then later the magick era.

i read these books when i was a kid and now i've just recently read them again. still love them after many years.