PDA

View Full Version : French subtitles for The Abridged Series !

Falxo
10-01-2008, 05:25 AM
Hello everybody,

I am a French new fan of Yu-Gi-Oh: TAS. I wanted to tell my friends about it, but sadly, most of them do not understand English very well. That is why I figured I could translate the episodes and put French subtitles.

However, before I begin, I wanted to know if I am allowed to do so... It is LittleKuriboh's work and I don't want to mess with it without his permission. So... I don't know if this forum is the best place to ask this, but I need an answer to at least one of the following questions :

- How can I contact LittleKuriboh to ask him directly?
- Do any of you know if LittleKuriboh has already stated that he (dis)allowed such translations of his work?
- And of course, if you, LittleKuriboh, see this post, you can answer me directly ^_^

Thanks ! :)

Tatterdemalion
10-01-2008, 03:51 PM
LittleKuriboh made the series by stealing animation, characters and storylines from Kazuki Takahashi and 4Kids, as well as audio material from numerous other copyrighted sources...I mean, I'm not saying what LittleKuriboh does isn't justified, but suggesting that he is somehow entitled to intellectual property rights concerning it....sweet, perhaps, but for the record no, LittleKuriboh isn't allowed to prohibit any sort of reproduction of YGO:TAS, because if he did, that would make him a hypocrite.

Just go make your subtitles.

araharu
10-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Go for it man, I know a little french, I'd like to see how it turns out.

yamiangie
10-01-2008, 11:00 PM
There was someone doing a Japaneses subtitle of TAS so why not french.

Falxo
10-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Thank you all, I think I'm going to add the subtitles as soon as my friend who knows how to use the software will be ready to help me :p

Tatterdemalion, I am well aware that LittleKuriboh isn't legally allowed to forbid it, but I wanted to at least let him know that I was making subtitles, so that he wouldn't be surprised if he happened to stumble upon one of his videos, only woth French subtitles ;)

I'll let you know when we have finished the first episode if some of you are interested !

Tatterdemalion
10-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Tatterdemalion, I am well aware that LittleKuriboh isn't legally allowed to forbid it, but I wanted to at least let him know that I was making subtitles, so that he wouldn't be surprised if he happened to stumble upon one of his videos, only woth French subtitles ;)
Don't worry, he doesn't care.

killaziv
10-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Lol What Do You Expect LK To See Your French Subtitles And Report You For Subbing His Work? Don't Worry About It, Subbing Is All Over The Web. It Only Promotes The Work By Making It Available To More People, Right?

Falxo
10-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Lol What Do You Expect LK To See Your French Subtitles And Report You For Subbing His Work? Don't Worry About It, Subbing Is All Over The Web. It Only Promotes The Work By Making It Available To More People, Right?
No, no, I know I don't risk anything, but that's not a reason for doing it without telling anyone :p

Concerning the translation, I am doing pretty well, I have already translated several episodes. I'm also halfway through the subtitling process for the first episode, but I think I am not using the right method : I've put the subtitles are in a separate file, and I doubt it'll allow me to upload the subtitled episode. So I should probably directly edit the video, but... I don't know how to do that ^^'

If anybody can help me, I thank them in advance :)