PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to help me make an abridged series?

AcidSoldier
11-26-2008, 12:10 AM
I've wanted to do this for a while and now I really want to. However, due to circumstances out of my control, I can't up/download anything onto this computer as it belongs to my school district, and I don't own a microphone so (for now at least) I can't use any of my superlative dialects (my British voice would blow your mind). I can write and approve voices and clips, but that's it.

I'd prefer to do Hunter x Hunter or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Tatterdemalion
11-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Next time don't steal your computer from your local school district, and buy your own instead.

AcidSoldier
11-26-2008, 08:43 PM
I didn't steal it. They gave it to me because I'm a home-bound student which means they give me my work and I use this laptop that they gave me to do work that I need to type or do research for. Secondly, there's one here but it belongs to my older brother who banned me from it. I'd explain that but since you like to label people as theives and make common inferences you'd mistake the word autism for mental retardation.

Zairak
11-26-2008, 09:57 PM
You do realise he was making a joke, right?

AcidSoldier
11-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I thought he was serious. Sorry, it's harder for me to tell when there's just text.

WillPhanto1
11-27-2008, 09:21 PM
I've been wanting to do an anime parody series myself, but my hard drive is getting filled as it is. So I'm waiting until I can get a couple of Terra-byte hard drives to store my stuff on.

AcidSoldier
11-28-2008, 01:40 AM
kool. I'll just wait till then. Plus, I'm probably going to get a mic soon so I can take away some of the work load after all. Also, scratch JoJo's, I'll just do HxH.

Zairak
11-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Hunter X Hunter, eh? That could be interesting...

killshot
11-28-2008, 09:08 PM
I'd explain that but since you like to label people as theives and make common inferences you'd mistake the word autism for mental retardation.
Um, what the hell does this have to do with anything? He made a joke about being you being a thief, so you called him autistic? I don't follow your logic.

WillPhanto1
11-28-2008, 10:16 PM
I think AcidSoldier is saying he's autism. I was autistic myself, but I got better, most people can't tell. But I know of a lot of assholes who think it's just another way of saying retarded.
Also, AcidSoldier, I didn't say I would do it, I'm better on the writing end anyway, And I never seen Hunter X Hunter. I was just commenting that I have an parody series on plate of projects.

AcidSoldier
11-29-2008, 07:15 AM
I see. Sorry I jumped the gun a little.

Anyway, if you have another series in mind, just lemme know, and naybe we can co-write like Lani and Taka do for DBZ TAS. I haven't seen too many anime series, but I can get into it pretty quick, and after a few scans, find plotholes.

and Zairak, yes it will be, since the DVDs aren't out in the states. Although I did hear something about Viz releasing dubs on the 8th of December........If you want in, fine......if not, fine.........I've already gone to the VAA forums and asked for assistance. I may not get a response, though.

Zairak
11-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately, this is not my area of expertise, so I will have to decline. Good luck, though.

WillPhanto1
11-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I plan on doing Digimon D.S. just because the English dub was such a disappointment, and there's so much to make fun of in it. But thing is, I only have enough raws for five episodes, so I have to get my hands on the Japanese DVDs, and a means to rip or capture them into my computer.

Kochiha
11-30-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm a friend of someone who's an expert on the matter who is himself doing a Hikaru no Go abridged series, and I'm here to tell you that the best way to go about this is to choose a series that is fairly well-known and that you personally like despite its many flaws. It has to be something where you can see the seriously funny stuff right there. The material should come entirely from the show and what directly refers to it, as well as certain private jokes you have that work in well. It's much, much harder than you might think. You also have to be really satirical, you can't have anything in the way of shoddy and quick business (see: 5Ds abridged).

Acks
12-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh dear, more people confusing autism with learning difficulties. What shall we ever do?

Zairak
12-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Not start flame wars?