PDA

View Full Version : anime theres no love there

PharoMallnot4kids
12-22-2008, 09:36 AM
When i think of love stories i vommit alittle, but anime doesn't have it not even a bit ok maybe samurai x, but serously maybe it's too removed to have it during the series and then the series ends whilst hinting love not really giving the raw human emotion.

I mean you watch buffy or angel it isn't the main attraction it gets it done properly you feel god damn no happy ending, but it was a show on tv that doesn't make sense not trying to sound like an excutive of 4 kids mother,but if your gonna have a love in your anime end it.

If you inuyasha my butt i'll feel like damn i wasted alot of time for no ending whatsoever, but not every anime blows at this i think because we are human we knowingly or not desire to see human emotion atleast run it's coarse not all anime fails.

Cowboy bebop has a good enough ending, fma and rurouni kenshin if we forget the 3rd season and count all movies.

Zairak
12-22-2008, 10:30 AM
I...Um. Could you rephrase the post? I'm usually not bad at translating stuff like this, but this makes no sense to me...

Acks
12-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Ever seen this: .? It's a full stop. Use it.

PharoMallnot4kids
12-22-2008, 12:02 PM
sorry new.

MrsSallyBakura
12-22-2008, 01:54 PM
At writing? I certainly hope not. Just write here as if you were writing for school. It would help us a lot to understand what you were trying to say.

As for your first post... so you're saying that there are no love stories in anime, and then you start talking about happy endings or satisfying endings, then go you on about Death Note and how it doesn't need love. That's an awful lot for a topic. Let's just stick to the primary bit.

I do agree that anime tends not to get too much into romance, but it depends on the anime. If it's Shonen then typically not seeing as it's more directed towards boys who may not be as interested in a romantic storyline, and if there is one then it's small yet over-exaggerated by fangirls most of the time. But what about Shojyo anime?

My favorite childhood anime (and still my favorite anime today) is Sailor Moon. Now the way that Usagi/Serena (Sailor Moon) and Mamoru/Darien (Tuxedo Mask) get together I admit is a bit... eh, because of the use of superpowers and reincarnation in this anime you can't really get together like that IRL. But when I think of raw emotion between them, I think of Sailor Moon Stars when Mamoru gets on a plane to America and promises to call/write to Usagi every day. Unknown by Usagi, while Mamoru was on the plane he was attacked by an enemy of sorts and was left essentially for dead. This obviously causes him to not write to her and she gets worried for all sorts of reasons, as any girl in her position would.

Usagi has actually been bottling up this emotion the whole time, convincing herself that she's just being silly and she shouldn't cry over it (something I admit I'd probably do too). Somewhere in the middle of the arc her best friend Raye/Rei (Sailor Mars) comes to visit her and eventually Usagi tells Rei about the situation. You can tell how awfully depressed Usagi is in that moment, and Rei's all shocked and says something like, "How come you didn't tell us about this before? This isn't like Mamoru at all!"

I guess the point of that bit was to show how in love Usagi was with Mamoru and I thought it was spot-on the way the writers and the animators and the voice actors all handled that situation, which is very much a broken love story.

Pharo, I'd like to know what anime you've seen to make you think that there's no romance in anime. Because I think it's there, you just have to find the right anime.

killshot
12-22-2008, 07:02 PM
I don't agree with the premise of this topic at all (if their was even a point being made to begin with.) No romance in anime? Have you ever seen an anime? Most shows I have seen have some sort of a romantic sub-story that accompanies the main plot. Some shows even make the romance the focus of the series. I don;t really understand how you came to the conclusion anime is devoid of love stories.

Also, this looks like it belongs in Television, not General Discussion.

KuroStarr
12-22-2008, 10:49 PM
See? This is when the laws of punctuation should be enforced. 'Cause i have no idea what the f*ck your sayin'...

PharoMallnot4kids
12-23-2008, 06:58 AM
I mean i thought translation wise it needs full stops, anyway i forgot sailor moon thanks for reminder.

Sorry using ps3 internet just waiting for friends to play resistance, its hard to be punctual with a sony control.

By the way if anyone can give me anymore anime that has closure by all means this is a topic, and i haven't seen every anime.

killshot
12-23-2008, 12:04 PM
More examples you say? How about Eureka seveN, Rahxephon, Elfin Lied, Gurren Lagann, Baccano, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Berserk, or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumia?

Most of the shows I just mentioned don't have the romance as the main plot, but it is an important theme in all of them. I don't tend to watch shows that are only about romance, so can't really give many example of pure romance in anime. Anime tends to encompass many genres at once, so it isn't uncommon to find romance in an action/comedy series.

Underling
12-25-2008, 04:56 PM
watch better anime
yes, all of you
christ...

xellos88
12-28-2008, 01:47 PM
One Piece

Zairak
12-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I prefer to ignore that particular "romance", actually.

WillPhanto1
12-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Okay, from what I can tell, you're talking about two different things in your post. Romance plots, and endings.
Alot of animes tend to have unsatisfying endings. One reason for this is when an anime is based of a on-going manga. Hellsing (TV series), Gantz, Berserk, and several others to name a few that had subpar endings. One reason is when the anime has to end faster then the original story would allow. Like when the network only orders X amount of episodes, and doesn't order more to fully tell the story, or the creators ask for the anime to end instead of letting them do filler while they get ahead or end the manga. So such animes tend to have rushed endings, or try to make them open ended so the series can continue of it's picked up again.