PDA

View Full Version : Man shot because family talked during a movie

xellos88
12-28-2008, 01:55 PM
A South Philadelphia man enraged because a father and son were talking during a Christmas showing of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button took care of the situation when he pulled a .380-caliber gun and shot the father, police said.
James Joseph Cialella Jr., 29, of the 1900 block of Hollywood Street is charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, and weapons violations.
"It's truly frightening when you see something like this evolve into such violence," said police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore.
Police were called to the Riverview Theatre in the 1400 block of Columbus Boulevard about 9:30 p.m. where the gunshot victim, a Philadelphia man who was not identified, told police a man sitting near him told his family to be quiet and threw popcorn at his son.
After exchanging words, Vanore said Cialella allegedly got out of his seat to confront the family when the father got up to protect them. That's when the victim was shot once in the left arm, sending others in the theatre running to safety.
Cialella then sat down to watch the movie. Police arrived a short time later and arrested Cialella and confiscated his weapon, Vanore said.
I wanted to do it some times but never thought someone actually woud O_o I lol'd when i read the guy actually sat down and kept watching the movie.

link (http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20081226_Phila__man_shot_because_family_talked_dur ing_movie.html/)

WillPhanto1
12-28-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry but, that's just too funny, especially when he sat back down (Hey, he only shot his left arm anyway.). But anyway, what the hell was that dude doing with a gun at a movie theater?Just to let you where I'm coming from, I'm gun guy. I fully support the 2nd. But there was no need for him to shot a guy over a stupid movie. I mean, was he paranoid that someone was going to jump him while at the popcorn stand?

Tatterdemalion
12-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Now that's what I call vigilante justice.

SilverFox
12-29-2008, 04:18 AM
He'd probably been unfortunate enough to have gone to other movies recently and there were people talking in those too, so he figured, next time I'm going to make an example of someone.

killshot
12-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Someone give this man a medal.

Tatterdemalion
12-29-2008, 11:24 PM
That's normally the way it goes. Clearly society is to blame.

KuroStarr
01-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Shot him? Thats a little extreme.

insaneXchaos
01-17-2009, 05:17 AM
that's what happens when you talk in the movies

lunchbox
01-18-2009, 01:35 AM
hahahahahahahahaha thats hilarious

Insane
01-18-2009, 02:55 AM
I agree punishment is needed, but shooting him. A wee bit excessive don't you think.

Maruna
01-18-2009, 03:02 AM
F. Scott Fitzgerald: Serious Business.

Omega
01-18-2009, 12:34 PM
That really shouldn't be hilarious, but, well... that's pretty hilarious.

roxasabridged
01-18-2009, 04:11 PM
And this is why I don't want to go to America. You get shot for trivial bullcrap...

TitanAura
01-18-2009, 09:37 PM
I must see this movie. If it's worth shooting someone over, it must be serious business.

killshot
01-18-2009, 09:43 PM
And this is why I don't want to go to America. You get shot for trivial bullcrap...

Talking during a movie is not trivial. Any asshole who would disrupt a movie that people paid to see is the scum of the earth. I hope shooting these people becomes a trend.

Animegirlzzzzzzz
01-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Talking during a movie is not trivial. Any asshole who would disrupt a movie that people paid to see is the scum of the earth. I hope shooting these people becomes a trend.

Agreed

onidragon
01-19-2009, 02:30 AM
That's a bit much I think. I would have just stabbed the guy, but this lunatic had to shoot the motherfucker.

roxasabridged
01-19-2009, 12:18 PM

Or you could make a complaint about it and ban them or something.

killshot
01-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Or you could make a complaint about it and ban them or something.

I don't think you quite understand the seriousness of the situation. These people who talk in theaters are wild savages who lack even a shred of human decency. The only way banning them from the theater will help is if they are immediately sent to a forced labor camp until they can demonstrate the ability to act in a civilized manner.

AsteriskRocks
01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I must see this movie. If it's worth shooting someone over, it must be serious business.

Lol I liked it and thats just funny...

Tatterdemalion
01-19-2009, 01:51 PM
You know what I hate? People who bring babies to movies...I have to say, that's far worse than someone talking during a movie. What's the punishment going to be for that?

KawaitaSakebi
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
The only way banning them from the theater will help is if they are immediately sent to a forced labor camp until they can demonstrate the ability to act in a civilized manor.

Are there any uncivilized manors? XDDD

Seems like if it was more primative would be called a cabin or something.

killshot
01-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Good catch. Damn firefox not catching my grammar mistakes.

capler
01-20-2009, 12:14 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAAA!! X'D
Sure, the guy who shot the other guy needs to be thwacked over the back of the head with a lead pipe a couple of times, but I get the feeling that that would be more entertaining than the movie itself.
X3

KuroStarr
01-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Thats a closed minded accusation, don't you think?

Tatterdemalion
01-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Thats a closed minded accusation, don't you think?

Well, it would be if not for the fact that it's based on the fact that in America you get shot for trivial bullcrap. I mean, a man got shot for talking in a movie theater, for talking? Are you saying that didn't happen...or are you saying it's not trivial?

In any case, keep in mind that America, of all countries, does have an exceptionally high rate of crime involving firearms. So it's not as though the statement is completely unfounded. I mean, it's a bit of an exaggeration, yes, but it's rooted in reality.

capler
01-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Eh. You can get shot for trivial bullshit anywhere. It all depends on how touchy the psycho with the gun is.

KuroStarr
01-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Eh. You can get shot for trivial anywhere. It all depends on how touchy the psycho with the gun is.

Exactly.

KawaitaSakebi
01-23-2009, 07:49 PM
O_O
I'm scared now. >_> <_< >_>

xellos88
01-25-2009, 10:47 AM
If you talk during movies...you should be >:3

KawaitaSakebi
01-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Um...
>_>
<_<
>_>
Not out loud?

Spoofs3
01-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Give that man a round of applause,
I hope he gets what he deserves...
Cake...
Cake full of fun and sprinkles of Joy and more people to shoot.

He was right to shoot them, Talking during a movie is a capital crime where I come from

Tatterdemalion
01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
He was right to shoot them, Talking during a movie is a capital crime where I come from

I'm going to tread very lightly here because I like you, and I mean no offense by this next comment whtsoever.

That being said, I will proceed to say:

Given some of the stereotypes regarding where you come from, that's not saying much.

havefun
01-27-2009, 03:59 PM
so where ARE you from