PDA

View Full Version : The World is buggered to heck.

Coracaldo
02-09-2009, 05:32 AM
Well let me make this plain and simple, the ozone is collapsing out of frustration, the ice caps are melting out of bordem, the economy is going to heck because of Bowie apparently http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/01/12/david-bowie-s-back-catalogue-bonds-may-have-started-the-credit-crunch-115875-21036649/ , and how long have we been fighting terror now?
Seriously though Bowie starting the credit crunch, there has to be some sort of crazy hate conspirosy against Bowie in there somewhere.
What are your thoughts on the subject and how are you facing the credit crunch and global warming and terrorism and just general day to day life during the apocalypse.
People may disagree with me about the apocalypse part, so if you you do start to disagree with me, then just watch BBC news or CNN for about 2hours, if you still feel the same way about it then contact me and openly voice your opinion. (seriously if you can watch the news for about 2 hours and you don't run into the street shouting "WE'RE ALL DOOMED", then your pretty fucking bulletproof).

LordMaddie
02-09-2009, 11:02 AM
No offense, but why is this in random discussions? Shouldn't it be in serious discussions?

Other than that, I watch the BBC news quite alot. And I don't run into the street shouting ''WE'RE ALL DOOMED''

I do, however, shout: ''You fool! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!!'' Whenever someone opens an umbrealla indoors.

DarthWario
02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Taking such a defeatist attitude is kinda pointless.

Yes the world is doomed, but i'd quite like to see it go down in flames rather than just ending it all for myself because it is 'inevitable'.

And anyway, the apocalypse isn't going to strike because we're 'running out of money'. The stuff that constitutes worth is still worth as much as it used to, its just that some tosspot with a calculator has decided that one numbers going to change.

Not understanding how the world economy works is fine for most people, but when bankers don't either there is something inherintly wrong.

Fat1Fared
02-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Well let me make this plain and simple, the ozone is collapsing out of frustration, the ice caps are melting out of bordem, the economy is going to heck because of Bowie apparently http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/01/12/david-bowie-s-back-catalogue-bonds-may-have-started-the-credit-crunch-115875-21036649/ , and how long have we been fighting terror now?
Seriously though Bowie starting the credit crunch, there has to be some sort of crazy hate conspirosy against Bowie in there somewhere.
What are your thoughts on the subject and how are you facing the credit crunch and global warming and terrorism and just general day to day life during the apocalypse.
People may disagree with me about the apocalypse part, so if you you do start to disagree with me, then just watch BBC news or CNN for about 2hours, if you still feel the same way about it then contact me and openly voice your opinion. (seriously if you can watch the news for about 2 hours and you don't run into the street shouting "WE'RE ALL DOOMED", then your pretty fucking bulletproof).

well I have and still know it is all rubbish, earth has been ready to go for 100's of years if listen to doom talkers and yet it has survived other planets hitting it, humans are buggered yes, but we were buggered from day one so why worry, just injoy time we have as though we are told of all these ways we are doomed, it will be something out the blue which finally does it anyway PS never use news as source, i mean why not just trust the sun paper

As for Brownie, well to say he is the only cause of credit crash, is giving him way too much credit, but he is part of it, by giving banks free self run, and making rates so low even most mentally and finercally ret??ded moron could get loan and mortage....etc meant everyone was living beyond their means, meaning when finally got small ecomonic bump, we were buggered as the poeple living out means had nothing left to surivive it, making it much worse

JesusRocks
02-09-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm moving this into serious discussions

This is topical enough for it.

CELTIC
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
We could always abolish money....

....but that would be a bad idea

Tatterdemalion
02-09-2009, 04:52 PM
We could always abolish money....

....but that would be a bad idea

Not if we abolish private property along with it.

Just a thought.

Fat1Fared
02-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Tatter that would get rid of the very core of our social structure and would mean we would be living in anateky, which is land without rules, though may at first sound like a great land of freedom, even the cysintic's like me know this would only be a land of freedom for strong

OverMind
02-09-2009, 09:38 PM

You forgot that Pluto isn't a planet anymore.

darkarcher
02-09-2009, 11:13 PM
I seriously doubt that it's the Apocalypse.

Things have always been bad. It's just that now technology has advanced to the point that we can see the bad things beyond our personal scope.

OverMind
02-09-2009, 11:51 PM
I seriously doubt that it's the Apocalypse.

Things have always been bad. It's just that now technology has advanced to the point that we can see the bad things beyond our personal scope.

Or, technology is the Apocalypse.

HolyShadow
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Or, technology is the Apocalypse.
...One-liners... ...Are you Horatio Caine? :eek:

Regarding all of this...

I can honestly say that I think humanity can figure things out. Humans have learned how to change their environment to fit their needs, rather than adapting to different situations. Even in the worst-case scenario, I think we'll still survive. Still, it doesn't hurt to try to delay the worst-case from happening with environmentalism, I suppose.

But you have to admit: Humans have gotten out of worse things than the economy and global warming. *Looks at George Bush*

Fat1Fared
02-10-2009, 06:02 AM
holy I think you are about right there, but problem with environmentalism is people usually try and stop the wrong things

As for the Apocalypse, like I said if earth can survive having other planets hit it, we really give ourselves too much credit, to think we can really destroy it, and in end ether earth will stop spinning or the moon will finally pull free of our gravitational pull and then we are actually be buggered lol

PS Bush was a fool, but he was nothing more than a figure-head and I almost feel sorry for him, then I remember his life and my vindictive pleasure takes over

TPishek
02-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Fat1Fared, I wish you would stop bringing up the Earth "surviving other planets hit it." That happened once, and it was 4.6 billion years ago, before there was any life at all. It was also an extremely glancing blow, which still managed to completely destroy the other protoplanet, knock off an equivalent-to 3470-km diameter piece of the Earth in lots of *little* pieces (which condensed into the moon over the next century or so), and vaporize another 1% or so of the Earth's mass which was lost to space. It also changed the Earth's spin and the orientation of its axis. If there had been life at that point, it would not have survived, and a similar scenario today would be the apocalypse.
So no offense, but that seems to me to be a very poor example of "oh, we survived this, we can survive anything." We did not survive it. A giant, barren piece of rock that turned into the Earth survived it, and just barely at that.

OverMind
02-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I can honestly say that I think humanity can figure things out. Humans have learned how to change their environment to fit their needs, rather than adapting to different situations. Even in the worst-case scenario, I think we'll still survive. Still, it doesn't hurt to try to delay the worst-case from happening with environmentalism, I suppose.

Perhaps the world is "buggered to heck" precisely for this reason.

Fat1Fared, I wish you would stop bringing up the Earth "surviving other planets hit it." That happened once, and it was 4.6 billion years ago, before there was any life at all.

We can also fast-forward this a bit to 65 million years ago and look at how well the dinosaurs handled that asteroid collision.

Fat1Fared
02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
TP, I can state what I wish, that is the point of a debate, and if you read what I put you may understand what I am saying (which is not that WE survived anything), however it may have been I was not clear enough, so here we go, the 2 points I am making are:

First=Many people talk of the destruction of earth, when in truth, I are actually on about the destruction of MAN KIND, not EARTH, these are too very different things and the earth was here long before man and will be here long after man, because she is a very tough thing

Second point=Is many of these destructive events infact cause new life, including the earth crash.

PS=if you call one planets complete destruction and the other losing a whole layer of its crust a merer glancing blow that is up to you, (Point here before you speak is, yes it was a MERER, glancing blow in tech terms, but it was still one hell of a blast)

PSS=Mind, they still do not know if the dino's where infact killed by that asteroid and many now believe if was an asteroid it would have not been blast which killed them, but the fact that many dino's where very large and needed a lot of food, meaning that they felt the effect of food shortage a lot more (which could or couldn't have been caused by asteroid,) than humans would, plus though it is impossible to know, I think not only are humans naturally better built to deal with food shortages than dino's, we are industrious enough to deal with it as well, I personally feel

Kanariya674
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't call this day in age an Apocalypse. It's the same as always - people dying from incurable diseases (today it being HIV, etc.), warfare and a bunch of other crap. The world warming up is a new threat we have, and I believe we can live through it. I don't think we should help it by polluting though.

Economic downturns can happen anytime. It's inevitable, but we can fix it when it comes or help reduce the effects.

Now, I can imagine an Apocalypse in the future - when the sun burns out. Holy shit, I hope I'm not reincarnated during that time.

HolyShadow
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
We can also fast-forward this a bit to 65 million years ago and look at how well the dinosaurs handled that asteroid collision.

Hmm... there are theories circulating about this.

One is that the dinosaurs weren't really an all-powerful dynasty when the object collided with earth. Rather, they were exhausting their food supply, due to the massive amount of vegetation consumed for the herbivores, and how their reproduction process took ages to actually complete, and barely any dinosaurs could actually be born. They were starving and about to die anyway when their apocalypse happened.

Whereas humans have the technology to bugger the world to heck even more to save ourselves.

However, in the situation of an 'end of the world' blow onto the earth, I believe that our food supplies would be exhausted due to the effects of the collision and humans would rely on cannibalism to survive, not to mention how the world powers would probably be too busy fighting amongst themselves to prevent total anarchy from taking hold.

As it is now, if any civilization-destroying strike were to happen, we would not be able to handle it properly, so we have to prevent being hit. This could be rather difficult, but doable. All we would have to do is redirect the asteroid or such, not necessarily destroy it.

However, I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject.

OverMind
02-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Hmm... there are theories circulating about this.

One is that the dinosaurs weren't really an all-powerful dynasty when the object collided with earth. Rather, they were exhausting their food supply, due to the massive amount of vegetation consumed for the herbivores, and how their reproduction process took ages to actually complete, and barely any dinosaurs could actually be born. They were starving and about to die anyway when their apocalypse happened.

Whereas humans have the technology to bugger the world to heck even more to save ourselves.

However, in the situation of an 'end of the world' blow onto the earth, I believe that our food supplies would be exhausted due to the effects of the collision and humans would rely on cannibalism to survive, not to mention how the world powers would probably be too busy fighting amongst themselves to prevent total anarchy from taking hold.

As it is now, if any civilization-destroying strike were to happen, we would not be able to handle it properly, so we have to prevent being hit. This could be rather difficult, but doable. All we would have to do is redirect the asteroid or such, not necessarily destroy it.

However, I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject.

The most widely accepted theory is the asteroid collison (and the consequences that followed). I brought that up in the first place to point out that survival in such an event is difficult (as it were for the dominant life-form at the time, who failed), but possible (the few species that did manage to survive).

Taking into account the long history of the earth, species have come and gone with some surviving one mass extinction but getting nailed by the next. Humans are just a relative addition, with the first of our species (not ancestors, I'm talking homo sapien sapien here) appearing around 200,000 years ago. Whose to say that we survive the next mass extinction?

TPishek
02-10-2009, 10:53 PM
TP, I can state what I wish, that is the point of a debate, and if you read what I put you may understand what I am saying (which is not that WE survived anything), however it may have been I was not clear enough, so here we go, the 2 points I am making are:

First=Many people talk of the destruction of earth, when in truth, I are actually on about the destruction of MAN KIND, not EARTH, these are too very different things and the earth was here long before man and will be here long after man, because she is a very tough thing

I still don't see how that particular example has any relevance. "The Earth" in this discussion, as far as I see, refers more to the environment than the planet itself. I don't *think* anyone's concerned that global warming is going to make the planet itself explode; they're worried that it's going to make the environments on the planet uninhabitable.
In fact, the title of this thread is "The World is buggered to heck," and "world" has the distinct connotation of "relating to human activities" as opposed to "the Earth" which refers to the planet itself. I can back this up with Webster's if need be; I'm looking at it right now.

You say that this is in fact the very point you were trying to make: that humans cannot destroy the Earth itself. But why bring it up at all then? As I perceived it, no one was discussing whether we could obliterate the planet; the topic was about destruction of habitat and humans' causing environmental changes.

Second point=Is many of these destructive events infact cause new life, including the earth crash.

True. The collision in question created the moon and began (or at least augmented) the Earth's rotation. Life would quite probably not exist here if not for that. This doesn't change the fact that it doesn't make much sense for this particular argument. The collision completely changed the planet, and if such an event were to happen again, it would completely change the planet once more. Except this time, changing the planet that drastically would destroy all life, not create conditions to make it possible. Whether an event is detrimental or helpful is determined to a large extent by timing, and 4.6 billion years makes a lot of difference.

PS=if you call one planets complete destruction and the other losing a whole layer of its crust a merer glancing blow that is up to you, (Point here before you speak is, yes it was a MERER, glancing blow in tech terms, but it was still one hell of a blast)

That was exactly my point. It was merely a glancing blow, and look how destructive it was! Imagine what would have happened if it were head-on.

And as far as the K-T extinction 65 million years ago goes, the last I heard the leading theory was that several large fragments of an asteroid crashed into the Earth, blanketing the entire planet in thick clouds of particulate dust, to a large extent blocking out the sun. This cloud remained for nearly an entire year. Photosynthesis was inhibited and plants began dying off, which crippled the food chain. The species that had the best chances of survival were small and had food chains based on scavenging detritus. There were other causes of extinction associated with the impact as well-- for instance, acid rain, radiation blasts, and temporary global warming.

I mean, not to mention if you happened to be right under where the meteorites hit. That would kind of suck. :/

Fat1Fared
02-11-2009, 11:37 AM
with dino's like said no one knows, though I could be wrong as not done much research into it, last I checked it was like what I said, comet did crash, and it caused small food shortages, however unlike humans dino's need a lot to live and so felt its effect a lot more, (PS anyway till we are hit by comet these are moot points)

As for Planet crash, you still clearly miss my point, and it is a real simple one, poeple need to stop mixing human death with the end of the world, that is all,

Plus if think that global warming is end of all life, again you give us too much credit. If we forget that the fact that a lot of scientists still reject a lot of the most poplar Global warming theories and they are all theories (aspeically as england, is now being hit by some of its worse winters in long time lol, though some have said this is global side effect as well <doh>.)

(PS I actually like the theory that the rise in heat comes from human life and factories..... etc being so big, close together and warm the planet is getting warmer because of that, and the whole gas things was a mix up of cause and effect, not saying this is true, but is nice idea, which to me makes more sense than gas's )

and we must also forget that the planet has had far more exstream weather changes than ones seeing now

Anyway as I was saying if forget all this and just say in some way we humans are messing up environment, and we kill ourselves and every other animal on planet, the planet will servive and life will recover, it may change...etc but it will recover (which is point, I was making with planet crash and if don't like this example, use your dino death, or several volcanic basts throughout history,) as it has recovered from hard greater things than us, and will probably recover from even worse things in future

PS also should probably worry about fact that we are only 3mins away on dooms day clock, more than warming planet,

OverMind
02-12-2009, 09:26 AM
with dino's like said no one knows, though I could be wrong as not done much research into it, last I checked it was like what I said, comet did crash, and it caused small food shortages, however unlike humans dino's need a lot to live and so felt its effect a lot more, (PS anyway till we are hit by comet these are moot points)

TPishek already outlined the asteroid collision theory accepted by the scientific community and ... it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. There weren't "small food shortages" and the dinosaurs weren't the only ones affected. The event caused dust to spread throughout the atmosphere which blocked sunlight, thereby rendering photosynthesis difficult (but possible). All food-chains rely on photosynthesis since, whether indirectly or directly, all energy used on the planet traces back to the sun.

If an event like this were to happen again today, the results would be unpredictable. Perhaps the environment of the earth would change making it uninhabitable? Perhaps the food chains humans rely on will be disrupted causing a mass population decline?

Plus if think that global warming is end of all life, again you give us too much credit. If we forget that the fact that a lot of scientists still reject a lot of the most poplar Global warming theories and they are all theories (aspeically as england, is now being hit by some of its worse winters in long time lol, though some have said this is global side effect as well <doh>.)

Wait, are you saying that the consensus among the scientific community is that global warming/climate change is not occuring? Or, further, if it is occuring it is not because of human activity?

(PS I actually like the theory that the rise in heat comes from human life and factories..... etc being so big, close together and warm the planet is getting warmer because of that, and the whole gas things was a mix up of cause and effect, not saying this is true, but is nice idea, which to me makes more sense than gas's )

I don't quite understand this, please explain. I don't see how the increase in human density or concentration is attributable to global warming.

and we must also forget that the planet has had far more exstream weather changes than ones seeing now

Often at times when the planet is undergoing severe decline in life, otherwise known as a mass extinction. On an unrelated tangent, there's the Gaia hypothesis which states that the planet is an organism undergoing homeostasis. If the balance is upset, the planet counteracts to fix the problem. It is not concerned about sustaining life as it is trying to sustain itself. (Of course, I don't fully buy into this theory, but there are a few tidbits that are interesting and practical).

Anyway as I was saying if forget all this and just say in some way we humans are messing up environment, and we kill ourselves and every other animal on planet, the planet will servive and life will recover, it may change...etc but it will recover (which is point, I was making with planet crash and if don't like this example, use your dino death, or several volcanic basts throughout history,) as it has recovered from hard greater things than us, and will probably recover from even worse things in future

PS also should probably worry about fact that we are only 3mins away on dooms day clock, more than warming planet,

This seems questionable. Are you condoning environmental damage simply because any damage done is repairable? I'm quite sure that's not how it works.

Fat1Fared
02-12-2009, 09:57 AM
TPishek already outlined the asteroid collision theory accepted by the scientific community and ... it's not as simple as you're making it out to be. There weren't "small food shortages" and the dinosaurs weren't the only ones affected. The event caused dust to spread throughout the atmosphere which blocked sunlight, thereby rendering photosynthesis difficult (but possible). All food-chains rely on photosynthesis since, whether indirectly or directly, all energy used on the planet traces back to the sun.

If an event like this were to happen again today, the results would be unpredictable. Perhaps the environment of the earth would change making it uninhabitable? Perhaps the food chains humans rely on will be disrupted causing a mass population decline?

Wait, are you saying that the consensus among the scientific community is that global warming/climate change is not occuring? Or, further, if it is occuring it is not because of human activity?

I don't quite understand this, please explain. I don't see how the increase in human density or concentration is attributable to global warming.

Often at times when the planet is undergoing severe decline in life, otherwise known as a mass extinction. On an unrelated tangent, there's the Gaia hypothesis which states that the planet is an organism undergoing homeostasis. If the balance is upset, the planet counteracts to fix the problem. It is not concerned about sustaining life as it is trying to sustain itself. (Of course, I don't fully buy into this theory, but there are a few tidbits that are interesting and practical).

This seems questionable. Are you condoning environmental damage simply because any damage done is repairable? I'm quite sure that's not how it works.

Ok, Mind, I cannot split quote, so for that I am sorry, and will have to go through each one in order under it.

First, dino's well this is not a dino page, so I did not think it was really needed for me to go into the whole thing, just a basic overview and again for other animals affected, as far as I could tell we were mostly interested in dino's not all life at time, so again would be over top to go into it all here, if wish to talk about it, need a dino page.
Anyway as far as I knew TP theory was the last accepted one and has now been replaced, but I may be wrong like a said

With global warming, No I am not saying anything of sort, I just wish people realised there was a very high dissenting judgment in this area and it is not as conclusive as some like to make out, there are views ranging from it is not happening to humans not only cause to most known view, gas in air...etc to many others (PS some countries are getting colder, as well causing even more confusion in this area)

With this next bit, I am not a scientist so not going to be great at explaining it, but everything gives off heat, from people, to cars, to factories and over last hundred years humans have gone from being in millions to being in the billions, with masses of life altogether, this causes a lot of heat, and could easy effect planets warmth, like i said not saying it is right, just another theory, which I have not explained very well

So maybe that is what we are seeing here, in which case, nothing we can do about it anyway, OK though that is not true, point is, this not as big a thing as it is made out to be, there is a lot more problems,

No i am not condoning it, at all just saying we should worry about other things a lot more at min, such as our shorting resources and fact that we could die (whole race) from range of things today (i mean there is enough is Nukes in world to blow up its whole surface, and not sure about you but I don't trust the people holding the buttons,) rather than something which will not kill, just affect us and which will repair itself in end,

In short Humans will die, so just be happy with time we have as like you said the planet will look after itself

KuroStarr
02-12-2009, 09:02 PM
lol.
you said 'David bowie'.

Other than that, we're not doomed.

Artien
03-10-2009, 01:30 PM
The world's greatest threat... Russia apparantly.
After the first world war, Germany was scalded and bruised economically and socially, leading to a power vacuum, filled by Mr. Hitler.
All their territory and power removed by the treaty of Versailles, Germany was quick to re-arm and get it back.
Look at Russia, and you will see that the events after the dissolution of the USSR left them in a similar state to Post WW1 Germany, sore from defeat and landloss.
Earlier in 2008 Russia participated in a six day war with Georgia, an old territory of theirs. Certainly this is an early sign of things to come.

Btw, on abolishing money, throwing away copper coins helps reduce inflation. Trust me. That or recycle them.

caps
03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
lets keap this short and quiet the opposite of sweet. within 300 years, humanity will be gone for ever. do to,
A)destruction of the life cycle
B) global warming
C) between Russia and the USA, there is enough nuclear/other power to destroy the world (this is a fact from school) so if there ever is a real world war, we are doomed.
D)This has a much smaller chance of happening, but meteor (it is possible.)
E) I got nothing right now, but I'm sure there are more

Artien
03-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey Caps, check this out.

A) Please elaborate
B) It's going to happen, we are coming out of an ice age.
C)Ummm... there's lots of nuclear disarmament talks going on... also the first country to fire will be burned by everyone else (Mutually Assured Destruction)
D) Get real. Ever seen deep impact? Everything's pretty okay in about 3 years and we're inundated with fallout shelters and stuff, so we are prepared for that.
E) Did you consider biosphere breakdown, i.e. extinction of species leading to chain reaction animal and plant death

Zairak
03-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Hey Caps, check this out.

A) Please elaborate
B) It's going to happen, we are coming out of an ice age.
C)Ummm... there's lots of nuclear disarmament talks going on... also the first country to fire will be burned by everyone else (Mutually Assured Destruction)
D) Get real. Ever seen deep impact? Everything's pretty okay in about 3 years and we're inundated with fallout shelters and stuff, so we are prepared for that.
E) Did you consider biosphere breakdown, i.e. extinction of species leading to chain reaction animal and plant death

If I may interject...Your E sounds a lot like his A, in essence. I had assumed the food chain was what he meant by the Life Cycle.

Please continue.

caps
03-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I am a girl. My examples aren't that great, but there are just so many reasons we won't be alive... there is just no way.

HolyShadow
03-11-2009, 03:51 PM
A)destruction of the life cycle
B) global warming
C) between Russia and the USA, there is enough nuclear/other power to destroy the world (this is a fact from school) so if there ever is a real world war, we are doomed.
D)This has a much smaller chance of happening, but meteor (it is possible.)
E) I got nothing right now, but I'm sure there are more A) Elaborate.
B) Prove it.
C) Prove that this will happen.
D) Prove that we won't be able to evade it/survive it.
E) Elaborate.

caps
03-11-2009, 04:02 PM
lol
many animals are doing extinct and humans are tearing down the rain forests and eating all the animals and there is overpopulation in the cities and the icecaps are melting and the number of natural disasters is increasing due to global warming and Russia and the USA are two conflicting "powers" because Russia is for communism and USA is not so there is a good chance there will be a war and all the nuclear power will destroy the world. I learned that in school, believe it or not. And a meteor is supposedly what whipped out the dinosaurs(it's a theory anyway) so why couldn't it happen again? were poisoning the air and mutations are occurring and we are getting closer to cloning which would only make the overpopulation worse. ect.

Fat1Fared
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I am a girl. My examples aren't that great, but there are just so many reasons we won't be alive... there is just no way.

lol, why does everyone always think you are a boy!!!!

Anyway, there are so many reasons why we could all die, but then there are so many reasons we could live, and most are things we won't have thought of, so best just to live and let faith happen, I mean if something bad is stoppable, stop it, but no point worrying about things out of your control, aspecially as most are lot less 100% than people think.

IE=Everyone in England thinks if walk home after night out on your own, you will be murdered, I do this around 3 times a week and I have never even met someone on my way home yet, chances are most are all to busy getting taxis home in fear of being stabbed <facepalm>

As for your points First: Animals go exstiant all time and yes we don't help, but we give ourselves to much credit to think we are the main cause of all Animals Problems

Russia is not Commuism anymore and trust me, there is more chance of comet hitting us than ether USA or Russia being dumb enough to attack one another

As for Comet, well could happen, but we are very different to Dino's. first we are lot smaller and can survive with lot less food (I eat one meal a day and I'm fine.) 2 we can think for ourselves and regulate and make our food resources

caps
03-11-2009, 04:16 PM
:D well if we have another president like bush...And i didn't say it was necessarily our fault about extinction, only that it is a problem. And I think our most immediate problem is overpopulation. really.

Fat1Fared
03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Bush wasn't in control of your county, neither officially or unofficially

He was only 1rd of 3 parts of your government and was just a puppet anyway

Moving on, yes we are overpopulated, but I never said that poeple won't died if these things happen, just not whole race

caps
03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes, but there is a good chance of a genocide. and if there was the right setup... and the wrong leaders...one country might just be stupid enough to attack the other. and if the food chain is destroyed, we will die

Fat1Fared
03-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Yes, but there is a good chance of a genocide. and if there was the right setup... and the wrong leaders...one country might just be stupid enough to attack the other. and if the food chain is destroyed, we will die

Caps, thing you are forgetting is, that the normal cycle of exstintion cannot be placed on humans because:

-It takes a long time for it to happen, usually hundreds of years, of slow decline in numbers

-This means, that because we are sentient being and watch our numbers closely, we would quickly see, our decline in numbers and counter it, no other animal had this edge

So unless, Dawn of Death...etc happens, we are save

PS Those nukes, we rot in their holes for long time, as no one with hold of them, dares use them, and anyway, a nuke is not that bad lolz,

Watch Movie "Lord of War" That has a brilliant line on Nukes

caps
03-11-2009, 04:56 PM
read the books. no thanks. I have seen an inconvenient truth though. there are still a ton of ways we are going to die. and I think you have to much faith in the human race. People are paranoid, but in America it's usually more about gaining weight than extinction. and again I am not sure why the nukes would destroy us, i just have blind faith in my teachers. And we are destroying the rain forests and slaughtering the animals and cutting down their territory and hunting is not outlawed, so we are still speeding up extinction greatly.

HolyShadow
03-11-2009, 05:03 PM
read the books. no thanks. I have seen an inconvenient truth though. there are still a ton of ways we are going to die. and I think you have to much faith in the human race. People are paranoid, but in America it's usually more about gaining weight than extinction. and again I am not sure why the nukes would destroy us, i just have blind faith in my teachers. And we are destroying the rain forests and slaughtering the animals and cutting down their territory and hunting is not outlawed, so we are still speeding up extinction greatly.
If you eat meat, you have helped to commit a murder of an animal.

If you eat plants, you have helped to castrate a plant.

Therefore, you shouldn't eat either.

So... don't eat food. Ever. Just starve to death.

caps
03-11-2009, 05:06 PM
I am a vegetarian...but not eating food sounds a little extreme :D

Fat1Fared
03-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I read a lot of books, how ever lord of war is one Hollyward movie I have time for, as it is dark and clever look on the truth of our world

Anyway Inconvenient Truth is not as factual as it makes out, and Gor is a political man, not a scientist

As for faith in Human Race, no not really, I have one of the worst Complexes going, poeple are generally dumb, however I do have faith in will to survive, you would be amazed at what poeple will/can do if put enough pressure on them

As for extinction, well yes is a weight problem, but sure they would feed the rest of us <Sick-facepalm>

PS Know you are joking, but Don't have blind faith in anyone, including me and even teachers, maybe aspeically teachers, technically there are enough nukes in world to destroy its surface 4 times, however that would mean someone would have to use it and no one dares do that, as all have too much to lose (though if someone did do it, you could blame England, we actually invented the things, but decided to let you yanks buy it, we're just that smart)

Finally yes we are killing things, so are other things, the only true fact in this world, is that EVERTHING must die in end

caps
03-11-2009, 05:15 PM
I actual agree with you about an inconvenient truth...even though i don't want to admit it.If you make a before and after chart, give the basics, and tell a few jokes you get an inconvenient truth, but i like the points he makes. And I count myself among the idiots, for i present a few points without the necessary background to back them up.:p

Fat1Fared
03-11-2009, 05:23 PM
lol, I think I just won, well no Matter, if come back with another post, I will just kick you in balls and call a draw in confusion (Though I am sure I'm forgetting a small problem with this plan)

Anyway, the only genius in this world, is the one who knows he is a moron

Guess that means, I must be retarded, what a waste of 134 IQ points, and Top Grade Education

Think words of Raditiz work here "Dam you Hind Sight"

caps
03-11-2009, 05:24 PM
what your forgetting is I AM A GIRL:D

HolyShadow
03-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Guess that means, I must be retarded, what a waste of 134 IQ points, and Top Grade Education
Mine's 135, desu. I'm one point smarter than you.

I am a vegetarian...but not eating food sounds a little extreme :D

YOU SICKO DASTARD! STOP KILLING PLANTS!

caps
03-11-2009, 05:37 PM
I do not eat:
enzymes
rennet
gelatin
red meat
poultry
fish...anything that was once alive really. But we do swallow bugs accidentally all the time...

Fat1Fared
03-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Mine's 135, desu. I'm one point smarter than you.

YOU SICKO DASTARD! STOP KILLING PLANTS!

Well, I'm 2 points more annoying than you, so there lol

PS that was score from over 5 years ago, I really should check it out again

caps
03-11-2009, 05:48 PM
before this thread gets to off topic, because if it does I have not doubt JR will sweep in, The world is still pretty fuc|<ed up. and I still think that humans will be extinct in three hundred years because there are just so many problems we can't dodge them all.

caps
03-11-2009, 05:57 PM
and the stubborness of that post was just a lame attempt to get this conversation back on topic.

HolyShadow
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I still think that humans will be extinct in three hundred years because there are just so many problems we can't dodge them all.
You still think that? Then you can't be convinced otherwise.

I don't feel like wasting my time on you. Give me indisputable proof.

caps
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
did you read the post after that?

HolyShadow
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
did you read the post after that?
I'd like to ignore it.

Sekaru
03-12-2009, 06:07 PM
You forgot that Pluto isn't a planet anymore.

funny how that started being said the second began its cycle and apparently doomsday comes when its done. and to be quite honest how do you determine something with billions of layers of ice has no core? I'd like to know how they got those facts.

Fat1Fared
03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
well it is not a planet acturally because it is too small and, though not 100% that hasn't got core, the laser tests point to that, also it is not a planet, because its covering plates are made of ice, which is not one of 4 elements which can set it as a planet

TPishek
03-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Give me indisputable proof.

http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/showthread.php?t=4519

Artien
03-13-2009, 08:49 AM

It doesn't matter what gender you are, your points are valid.

Also, there were a lot of statistics in the past 50 years exclaiming that we would be dead by the millenium. We're not. All the things you hear in the media are designed to spread moral panic, or hype. Anyway, regardless of what you hear, science can probably help or even alleviate most of these problems. If we can invent a vaccine for cancer we can at least have a try at making the world a better place.

BTW the Al Gore movie is only so much bullshit. So don't let him worry you.

caps
03-13-2009, 03:15 PM
No...I was saying I was a girl because someone called me a guy...and you might want to read the rest of the conversation:D

Fat1Fared
03-13-2009, 05:53 PM
I know your girl at lest Caps, lol seemed I was only one who actually thought you were, before you said it lol

anyway, Art, I agree there is always something beging with D..... about to kill us all, and never does, though we will die some day, no point worrying about it, thats just life, where going to die anyway, so what does it matter, if we all die at once, I do not care if I die, as long as I can say I had go run when it lasted