PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing (why isnt it already on this part of the forum?)

maisetofan
03-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Actually an anime worth watching
Not only was Hell sing brilliant but Ultimate *is lost for words*
:thatface::thatface::thatface::thatface::thatface:

DISCUSS

TitanAura
03-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Best vampire manga out there. Vampire D has a manga too I believe but those started as novels so those don't count. Ultimate is fucking awesome but I found the original series to be quite good too. Kinda like how the original Full Metal Alchemist anime was extremely good by it's own merits. In some ways, the usage of Nazis as the main villains irks me.... if it isn't a WWII movie or Indiana Jones then it just doesn't feel right.... still, nice formula to have a bat-shit crazy war enthusiast as the main villain. It's also one of the better anime dubs. Crispin Freeman is a god of male voice actors.

It's less the parts about Alucard that I like because he can always just go God Mode and kill EVERYTHING and while that's cool and all, I'm extremely fond of Seras and the fact that she is far more vulnerable to damage and the display of how she's slowly losing her grip on humanity is actually somewhat sad while at the same time it gives us a glimpse into her individuality. Plus she's got a nice rack.

Even though the releases are insanely far and few between, *seriously, 10 years and the mangaka can't even keep a constant pace* I wouldn't mind finding out more about all of the main character's backstories than just those brief glimpses we were shown. Integra was the only one we really got a detailed retelling for.

And of course, can't let a vampire story go by without mentioning having a story that follows the rules waaaay more than the sparkly vampire shitfest that is TWILIGHT. *twitch*

XxEnslavedNekoxX
03-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Yup you are right about the Novels Titan.
I've only seen bits and pieces of Hellsing. I know I should watch it but I keep putting it off. Maybe I'm afraid I'll enjoy it too much and have another obsession.

TitanAura
03-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Yup you are right about the Novels Titan.
I've only seen bits and pieces of Hellsing. I know I should watch it but I keep putting it off. Maybe I'm afraid I'll enjoy it too much and have another obsession.
Because you will? I only read/watched the series a few months ago and I'm craving and hoping that every release date doesn't get pushed back!

maisetofan
03-27-2009, 08:04 PM
i know same here ^^ its sooo addictively good

speedlolita
03-28-2009, 04:00 AM
It is not on the forum because it is rubbish subbed. I found it pretty enjoyable dubbed though.

killshot
03-28-2009, 08:01 AM
The subbed voices are good. They just get overshadowed by the awesomeness that is Crispin Freeman.

I've loved this series ever since I saw it on the Action Channel about 6-7 years ago. I've since then bought the entire original anime and am buying Hellsing Ultimate every time they release a new DVD. I read the anime, and I must say I hope Ultimate continues to be a faithful adaptation. This is definitely one of my favorites.

maisetofan
03-28-2009, 03:30 PM
yes definitely, although i watched the japanese version because i found it better

TitanAura
03-28-2009, 03:47 PM
yes definitely, although i watched the japanese version because i found it better

Except that most of it takes place in England and therefore they WOULD actually be speaking English.

speedlolita
03-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Except that most of it takes place in England and therefore they WOULD actually be speaking English.

Yup. :8V:

yamiangie
03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
It's like the greatest dub since cowboy bebop. anyone know if funination is doing vol 5 with the same production staff?

TitanAura
03-30-2009, 11:03 AM
It's like the greatest dub since cowboy bebop. anyone know if funination is doing vol 5 with the same production staff?
No idea. But I wouldn't doubt it.

xellos88
03-31-2009, 01:07 PM
it has a great story IMO, the only thing i dont like is that alucard is too powerfull, and that gets annoying fast -__- Im still waitng for the new Ultimate

TitanAura
03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
it has a great story IMO, the only thing i dont like is that alucard is too powerfull, and that gets annoying fast -__- Im still waitng for the new Ultimate

Yeah, that's just about what I said in a nutshell.

yamiangie
04-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Hadn't heard of it much, but this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT_ptsVCFYU) has gotten me interested. How is it story wise?

insane flight's against nazi vampires and philosophy about mortality vs immortality.
Is it wrong that I see Alucard as the only justifiable godmoding vampire in recent fiction.

TitanAura
04-02-2009, 11:11 AM
insane flight's against nazi vampires and philosophy about mortality vs immortality.
Is it wrong that I see Alucard as the only justifiable godmoding vampire in recent fiction.
ALTHOUGH, I never really thought about it before until just now but Alucard isn't truly invincible. He's subservient to humans, specifically Integra, BECAUSE he was defeated by the Hellsing family and they chose not to finish him off, but take him in as one of their most loyal soldiers. I'm truly hoping he is either defeated or put on the brink of defeat at the hands of his new adversaries just to give us a glimpse of the type of power required to parallel that of one of the most powerful adversaries in fiction.

killshot
04-02-2009, 11:28 AM
If Hellsing Ultimate continues to follow the Manga, you can expect to see just how powerful Alucard really is. He's only used a fraction of what he is truly capable of. That being said, you won't be disappointed with the strength and cunning of his enemies either.

xellos88
04-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Humans arent shown as beeing THAT powerfull in the Hellsing universe. I still dont get how whoever defeated him before did it. I was kinda hoping that father Anderson would defeat him cus he was my favorite character in the series

yamiangie
04-02-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't know if he was as powerfull as he is now the first time he was defeated.

TitanAura
04-02-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't know if he was as powerfull as he is now the first time he was defeated.
Vampires in the Hellsing universe grow more powerful as they suck the blood of their victims because they absorb their souls and abilities so he wouldn't have been as powerful as he is now.

@xellos: Yeah Anderson was f**king awesome but he's not my fav. My fav was.... *sob* Pip Bernadotte.... *sob*

maisetofan
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Pip was EPIC http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t209/ova3/OVA%203%20Screenshots/1_pip.jpg

i still prefer Alucard though and integra she is the best anime female EVER
http://www.absoluteanime.com/hellsing/integra.gif

TitanAura
04-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Pip was EPIC http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t209/ova3/OVA%203%20Screenshots/1_pip.jpg

Could you have perhaps have chosen an image that DIDN'T make him look like a retard? I just don't like the art style when it comes to the mouths... it looks so friggin weird.

toeskater91
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I love the manga and ultimate
I haven't been able to see the first anime but don't really care as i'm sure ultimate puts it to shame

We only have about one more volume of manga that needs to be released into english(it's over in japan)
I like the ending and i shant say anything for it is extreme spoilers

Has anyone looked into Hellsing the Dawn? A prequel focusing on young walter and girlycard during WW2?
If you haven't make sure you don't till you finish the series as there are MAJOR spoilers in that too. Unfortunatly for this there's only 6 short chaps out so far, but hopefully more soon
*crosses fingers*

xellos88
04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
I still havent finished the manga, i dont find a place to download it and it isnt sold on my country...also i thougt The Dawn was already finished >_>

Kiya
04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
This is a pretty kickass series.... The only anime I cant remeber how I disscoverd it....
The Padalin (Alexander) was my ex's favorite and he kinda obsessed over padalins because of it lol. Mine, of course, is Alucard. Best "REAL" vampire in the show.

toeskater91
04-29-2009, 04:45 PM
manga.bleachexile.com

It has all of the original hellsing except for the last chapter, remember that if you use this site!!!!
I watched the last chap on youtube since it was the only place I could find the very very last chapter

This site also has the 6 chapters of the dawn also

The dawn only has 6 chaps out and ends on a cliffie so I sincerly hope it isn't over

maisetofan
04-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Could you have perhaps have chosen an image that DIDN'T make him look like a retard? I just don't like the art style when it comes to the mouths... it looks so friggin weird.

oh be quiet you :squintyface:

oh thanks for the site manga.bleachexile.com :thatface::thatface:

toeskater91
04-29-2009, 08:56 PM
no prob on the site
Just remember, THEY DO NOT HAVE THE VERY LAST CHAP
you will feel very unsatisfied if you think it is

toeskater91
04-30-2009, 04:41 AM
LOL
Well there's always the wonder of YouTube ^_~

xellos88
05-03-2009, 01:13 PM
manga.bleachexile.com
Thx for the link! i've unly read up to when Seras fights the werewolf guy
ALso....father anderson is the best character >_>

toeskater91
05-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Has that battle finishe dyet or is still in proccess?

And your welcome ^_^

Oh and for when your ready for the very last chapter... Here ya go ^_^ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4PGe-LJKjE)