PDA

View Full Version : Yu-gi-oh! The actual series

Drifter
04-18-2009, 03:27 AM
I did not see anything in the rules regarding what I'm about to ask, so here it is.

I'd like to know if anyone knows where I can find the real episodes. Japanese audio with subtitles. I found the first season, before Duel Monsters. I believe it's called Shadow Games. I'm trying to find the seasons where they start the whole Duelist kingdom thing, with Pegasus and then Merrick and Kaiba's whole locater card tournament. You know what I mean.

I did read the print at the bottom and I understand that this site cannot provide the episodes. What I'm asking for is if anyone can give me a link, rapidshare, torrent or whatnot possibly in a PM.

If that is not possible, then if there's a way I can come into contact with the guy who's making the abridged series (LittleKuriboh?), that might help too, since I'm assuming he has to have them in order to make the abridged series in the first place. Though I'm not sure if he'd be willing to let me have them.

At any rate. Help a guy out. I'm a college student and I'm poor. Can't exactly afford a whole lot these days. Especially with the way the US economy is. I'm sure there has to be some of you who can sympathize with me on this.

maisetofan
04-18-2009, 05:20 AM
um well youtube has heaps of the episodes from the beginning
um and

this site here
http://www.mininova.org/tor/248824
that has episodes 1-50

ThePRPD
04-18-2009, 05:53 AM
I would say youtube.
Also you could try to put some money on the side 'till you have enough to actually by the series.

Personally I actually like the 4kids dub of Yu-Gi-Oh more than the Japanese dub.

TPishek
04-18-2009, 09:52 AM
YamiBakura1988 has almost all of the episodes, both subbed and dubbed, on youtube. You can also fill in with veoh for the episodes YB's missing. :)

Drifter
04-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

Youtube's quality is kinda crap, but I'll figure it out with my video programs. Grease Monkey firefox add-on ftw. I'm sure most of you guys have some tool that downloads youtube videos. It's just a pain in the ass to take care of the quality.

DannyLilithborne
04-18-2009, 05:26 PM
http://usakonobaka.livejournal.com/27227.html?thread=249435

Orga777
04-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

Youtube's quality is kinda crap, but I'll figure it out with my video programs. Grease Monkey firefox add-on ftw. I'm sure most of you guys have some tool that downloads youtube videos. It's just a pain in the ass to take care of the quality.

I can't find good quality subs anywhere (most of the subs I found are really pathetic with so many grammatical and spelling errors that it just hurts the eyes sometimes trying to sort it out.) But that is mostly streaming. I never tried any of the downloadable stuff.

TPishek
04-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Occasionally you can find decent fansubs. Usually, though, what you find are subtitles that were translated from Japanese to Chinese, and then from Chinese to English. They are terrible. Now, either that drives you insane, or you enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out what's going on.
>_><_<>_>
I think they're hilarious. :D

Orga777
04-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Occasionally you can find decent fansubs. Usually, though, what you find are subtitles that were translated from Japanese to Chinese, and then from Chinese to English. They are terrible. Now, either that drives you insane, or you enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out what's going on.
>_><_<>_>
I think they're hilarious. :D

Well, for me I can figure out what is going on, it just takes more work than skimming over it and getting involved. I have to quickly dissect the sentence in my head to something comprehensible. Usually it works fine, but sometimes I go "wtf did that say?" XD

Ohara
04-18-2009, 06:56 PM
A Google search would be a good place to start. Download them from a torrent website through a program like Azureus. I've recently downloaded all of season 1 and 2 in english, but I don't think it'd be that much harder to find the Japanese version.

Drifter
04-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Yay! That helps.

Subtitles are not so much a problem for me, as I understand a lot of Japanese already. I mainly have the subtitles there in case they use a phrase or word that I'm not familiar with, or if they use a word I know as one way, but it's in different context.

maisetofan
04-19-2009, 07:45 PM
animesuki.com has season one :)
but thats all unfortunately

minonova has all of capsule monsters

sajeev50
04-19-2009, 09:18 PM
So, I'm guessing this is a Yugioh duscussion thread....

GX Manga >>>> GX Anime

ggctuk
04-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Did anybody watch the recent FanSub of the first episode?

I think it captures exactly the essence of the original, even better than the FUNimation cancelled redub IMO (although I think they should have got it instead of 4Kids)

Guess who plays Grandpa in the fandub? (You know already, I bet)

TPishek
04-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Yep, that was awesome. ^_^

kycoo
04-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Shockingly, 4Kids seems to have started uploading subtitled Japanese episodes onto their YouTube account. :o It'll take them a while to get all 224 up, though, so I suggest you look elsewhere in the meantime.

ggctuk
04-24-2009, 07:01 AM
4Kids should redub the lot, YES, THE WHOLE LOT, and release them all on DVD, complete with Japanese audio track and subtitles too. They should also retain the original names too.

beatlesgirl95
05-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Content labeled "V" may contain mild, comedic violence, fantasy violence, or isolated incidents of realistic violence. However, any violence depicted should not be gory, pervasive, or sexual in nature. Similarly, V-labeled content may contain a small amount of other imagery or situations that are disturbing or repulsive to sensitive viewers (such as real or dramatized medical footage, or depictions of disgusting or scary content in a horror or fantasy context).

this is what 4kids rated Yu-Gi-Oh on youtube

all I can say to that is....not really

Tristan's Voice
05-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Yu Gi Oh was great until Marik used the restroom on the blimp and they winded up in a virtual world

Wht the heck? They could've at least put Marik in it

Kohaku
05-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I would try Youtube, that's how I watched the orignal Yu-gi-oh, but that- of corce, was years ago. And Youtube deleated it.
Try fanmade sites. Ones that don't use Youtube uploader and don't have the Copyright rule.

ggctuk
05-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Yu Gi Oh was great until Marik used the restroom on the blimp and they winded up in a virtual world

Wht the heck? They could've at least put Marik in it

They did. In a roundabout sort of way, they had Marik looking for them. Though they might as well not have bothered.

DannyLilithborne
05-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I was a co-writer for that fandub so... uhh, yay me. I guess.

Umbreon
05-17-2009, 06:54 PM
I think 4kids started airing them on youtube for some odd strange reason.
*cough*lk*cough*

DannyLilithborne
05-18-2009, 01:43 AM
They aired them so stuff that has YGO content can link back to 4Kids' YouTube account.