PDA

View Full Version : Kill one to save a thousand

Turtlicious
04-23-2009, 12:33 PM
what is the number can you kill one for one...?

one for a thousand...?

when does the number get high enough for killing to be ok?

mystra
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
number doesn't matter it really depends on the cause and the reason behind the killing. (my opinion here)

TPishek
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
IAWTC

EZE
04-23-2009, 04:12 PM
I always thought it was kill one for six billion.

HolyShadow
04-23-2009, 04:37 PM
I'd kill one to save one. I'd kill two to save one. I'd kill all of humanity to save one. The sole condition is that I have to be that one.

OverMind
04-23-2009, 05:54 PM
I'd kill one to save one. I'd kill two to save one. I'd kill all of humanity to save one. The sole condition is that I have to be that one.

So, then, you wouldn't sacrifice yourself to save the world then?

JulzzBabeex3
04-23-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't think killing is ever right unless they truly deserve it. Or... maybe kill one to save the world :p

drakebro
04-23-2009, 08:43 PM
one for one depends on who the one your saving is..

like me for example

maisetofan
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
you kill one person you go to prison, you kill 5000 on a battle field, you receive a medal
now i know its disputed that war is necessary as his death of the enemy soldiers to defend nations but seriously there has to another way aside from killing?

drakebro
04-23-2009, 08:49 PM
well first statement not really true
if you kill one person in self defense your not in trouble if you kill one person because they beat you at Tennis or something then you go to jail

and yes, but it's been like that since the caveman days and roman days and so on
we just have stuff now that goes boom we didn't before.

DaJacksterN
04-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Kill them all. >:V

Duykur
04-23-2009, 09:06 PM
it depends, how important is the person that's going to die? If he's some random hillbilly from Tennessee, they ya I'd kill him to save one person

HolyShadow
04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
it depends, how important is the person that's going to die? If he's some random hillbilly from Tennessee, they ya I'd kill him to save one person
Would you kill Obama if it were to immediately solve every problem in the world?

Duykur
04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Would you kill Obama if it were to immediately solve every problem in the world?

No, because i don't want all problems in the world fixed, that would destroy the economy.

DaJacksterN
04-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Yes. Obama would die. A Harvard student would die. I would die. IF it meant saving millions.

Ishikawa Oshro
04-24-2009, 01:15 AM
How about this one. I have my own answer but it troubles me.
Here are the scenairos.

You get a random call from a random person. they tell you that they have a building with x amount of hostages inside and they have the explosive power to blow the building sky high along with the hostages. To further prove to you their telling you to the truth they allow you to see a live feed through a special channel on your television to see the hostages are real. And to show once more they are legit they blow a car sky high outside your house to show they have explosives also. Now the hostages lives are in danger. And the killer tells you that in order to save the hostages you must kill x person in x amount of time. And x person is completly innocent and the killer makes this known to you. X person has a family wife and kids. They live an honest life.

Could you kill that x person to save the hostages?
Why or why not?

Titan50
04-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Kill one to save one. Kill one to save two. Kill one to save three, etc

Just depends on who that "one" is

Turtlicious
04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Here are the scenairos.

You get a random call from a random person. they tell you that they have a building with x amount of hostages inside and they have the explosive power to blow the building sky high along with the hostages. To further prove to you their telling you to the truth they allow you to see a live feed through a special channel on your television to see the hostages are real. And to show once more they are legit they blow a car sky high outside your house to show they have explosives also. Now the hostages lives are in danger. And the killer tells you that in order to save the hostages you must kill x person in x amount of time. And x person is completly innocent and the killer makes this known to you. X person has a family wife and kids. They live an honest life.

Why or why not?

I really could i would do it with out a blink of an eye because i see person X as one and Hostages of x amountnow if it were hostages in a prison it would depend

TheRealTristan
04-24-2009, 02:34 PM
This sounds a whole lot like the Watchmen plotline. Not that I'm spoiling anything, but the villain kills millions to save billions, i.e. the mass murder of half of NYC would result in world peace. Under those circumstances, I would agree with what would occur, but the whole "kill one to save one", I couldn't kill someone. I wouldn't be able to deal with the weight of a human life, in addition to my own. Yes, someone innocent may die, and that might also be because of my actions, but I didn't murder them directly, if that makes any sense.

As for the "kill x person to save the hostages", I might be able to if I know absolutely nothing about this person. But the fact that it's made aware that he is innocent and has a family, it just makes me think about the way his family would react. The wife losing her husband, children growing up without their father. At least the hostages in the building are nameless and faceless.

HolyShadow
04-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Here are the scenairos.

Why or why not?
I'd tell them to switch the death from the other man to me, then suicide. This world is boring anyway.

Spoofs3
04-24-2009, 08:05 PM
I'd tell them to switch the death from the other man to me, then suicide. This world is boring anyway.

I would too do that, but in the case of that not being sutable, Would kill the person and then in my last hours before dying (I say hours because of whawst coming...)
I would hunt down the people who organized the plot and kill them one by one, If ever being caught by either side would blow my brains out

I consider death a fair punishment for being caught, Not neccisarily my actions of killing the person but for being caught?
UGH!

caps
05-10-2009, 09:48 PM
killing can never be OK, but it can be justified. well, i suppose some people think killing is okay, but i don't want to meet those people.

Titan50
05-11-2009, 03:12 AM
"Here is something you can't un-da-staaaaaaaaaaand, how I can just KILL-A MAAAAAAAAAN!" Sorry, I couldn't resist. XD

<3