PDA

View Full Version : The Pride of America

Spoofs3
04-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Barack Obama, The first Black President of America
Seen as a great man across the globe...
But I ask... Is he agreat man?
Loads of people say he is, But others say he isn't and I agree...
i don't believe he is a good president (But all i acan judge from is foreign affairs and how I am affected by his bright ideas)

But Americans
How good is he?

PS: :rensasscon: Ren'sAss++ (Should lead her in here, She has some things to say about Obama)

Ishikawa Oshro
04-25-2009, 09:59 PM
All I can really do is support him.
I cant say if hes good or bad. Its his first time and first year in office.
When bush got in office the USA was crazy about him. But after his first term he wasent as hot anymore though we elected him over al gore (which still is suspisious >.>)

Give obama some time. Hes a great talker but he still needs experience in the oval office.
Im black myself but sad to say I wasent voting for the due. But he still go elected so im rallying behind the man and hoping for his sucess.
Which would then lead to american sucess right XD

maisetofan
04-25-2009, 10:02 PM
yeah if i lived in the states i would too :)
Im sick of all these anti obama statements, like the people downing him could do any better?

Spoofs3
04-25-2009, 10:04 PM
All I can really do is support him.
I cant say if hes good or bad. Its his first time and first year in office.
When bush got in office the USA was crazy about him. But after his first term he wasent as hot anymore though we elected him over al gore (which still is suspisious >.>)

Give obama some time. Hes a great talker but he still needs experience in the oval office.
Im black myself but sad to say I wasent voting for the due. But he still go elected so im rallying behind the man and hoping for his sucess.
Which would then lead to american sucess right XD

Well I don't like him because of the things he has done, And that is interfere with Europe which was uneeded,
He started giving out to the European Union for not letting in Turkey when we had good reasons not to let them in
He support Israel despite what they do, And I find it terrible...

I don;'t like the ideas of his foreign ideas...

Cocyta
04-25-2009, 10:14 PM
My guess is that U.S. presidents support Israel since we were one of the countries that originally supported it being re-created after WWII. I suppose they figure if they don't support the country, they'll make the United States look stupid for having brought it back into existence. >.>

Ishikawa Oshro
04-25-2009, 10:18 PM
You know I think ima leave this to someone who knows politics better than I do hahaha. If I tried to say anything else I would sound foolish XD.

Im not keeping up with the Obama administration.
All I can say is i'll try to see things from obama's point of view and try to see the plan he has.

Remember code Geass young padawan hahahaha.

HolyShadow
04-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Remember code Geass young padawan hahahaha.
...Are you calling Obama (Lelouch) the antichrist?

Ishikawa Oshro
04-25-2009, 11:59 PM
lolz lelouch made himself the pawn for world peace. Thats really where I was getting at ^_~ (even though the anti-christ will do the same thing I refuse to put a name to him yet)

Skarphedin
04-26-2009, 12:45 AM
He support Israel despite what they do, And I find it terrible...
I actually haven't seen him say much of anything about Israel except the fact that he was interested in a two state solution. Admittedly though, not supporting Israel is akin to political suicide for any American politician.

The man is competent. As for whether he's great, I'll tell you in four/eight years.

Orga777
04-26-2009, 04:29 PM
If anything President Obama is competant enough so far. It is those morons and thieves in Congress that I really have a problem with... I think about 99%of them should be kicked out of Office with their horrific Approval Rating. (Especially that scum bag Chris Dodd who gets all those kick-backs and sweetheart loans.)

I don't like President Obama's econimic policies though. They are irresponsible in this environment. You can't just print $1 Trillion that doesn't exist and expect the problem to go away. All that will do is cause mass inflation, devalue the dollar even more, and raise the National Debt even higher down the road.

0mnislash17
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I have to agree with everyone here saying that it's too early to say whether or not he is going to be great. We just have to wait and see how things are going to go from here and the man himself said the changes wont be too noticeable till later down the line. After his first term is up (supposing he runs again and wins re-election) then we can say whether or not he was good.

maisetofan
04-26-2009, 07:45 PM
so how come so many americans are anti obama?
you guys voted for him for goodness sake, a better option than mccain anyway
or is it just the nerds who hate democrats?
yeah i know i am gonna get flamed for that XDXD

HolyShadow
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
so how come so many americans are anti obama?
you guys voted for him for goodness sake, a better option than mccain anyway
or is it just the nerds who hate democrats?
yeah i know i am gonna get flamed for that XDXD
What I hate is that people call it a historic presidency, and a lot of people simply voted for him to make blacks seem more important, instead of really caring at all about the country. I mean really. His economic policies are crap.

Besides that, people defend him simply because he's black. One time I tried to tell a joke about him and I had 8 liberals yelling at me, saying that I can't make fun of him when three minutes earlier they were making fun of Bush.

I don't dislike Obama as I dislike the bulk of his followers/supporters.

maisetofan
04-26-2009, 07:51 PM
What I hate is that people call it a historic presidency, and a lot of people simply voted for him to make blacks seem more important, instead of really caring at all about the country. I mean really. His economic policies are crap.

Besides that, people defend him simply because he's black. One time I tried to tell a joke about him and I had 8 liberals yelling at me, saying that I can't make fun of him when three minutes earlier they were making fun of Bush.

I don't dislike Obama as I dislike the bulk of his followers/supporters.

in all fairness, bush had 8 years, well nine almost to sort the government out, and he made a lot of mess ups so off course people are going to slander him. Obama has only been in the white house, what a few months? give him time before downing him, 8 years over a few months

HolyShadow
04-26-2009, 08:15 PM
in all fairness, bush had 8 years, well nine almost to sort the government out, and he made a lot of mess ups so off course people are going to slander him. Obama has only been in the white house, what a few months? give him time before downing him, 8 years over a few months
And? I'll still make fun of him if I feel like it, just like I'll make fun of anyone.

0mnislash17
04-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Well I have to agree with Holy on this one Mai, people are saying his presidency is historical for he is our first black president. Yes that in it's own sense makes it historical but he hasn't done anything yet to truly make it historical. It is also my opinion that majority of his votes came because he is part black. However he is a good talker so it doesn't surprise me that some of his votes probably derived from that as well.

Bush in all fairness f*cked things up big time lol. Yes he will get slander for that alone but Obama is going to get some too probably because he is a democrat (Which doesn't usually win), black and has some views that are a bit "big" to see happening yet.

I support him as long as he gets us out of this slump we are in now. However that isn't going to happen right away or at the snap of a finger, so that's why I say don't expect much until you start seeing it. When 4 years come around and if he has made America somewhat better or helped our economy crisis out, then yea I'll probably give him my vote in the next election should he run. Until then all we can really do is wait and see.

maisetofan
04-26-2009, 08:19 PM
well i am gonna make fun of your dokuro chan avatar na i am not, cuz i love that show XDXDXD

maisetofan
04-26-2009, 10:14 PM

wow thats pretty racist thinking, i mean after the way african americans have been treated over the years i think its about time they had a black president, the white people need to sit back for once

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
04-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Bush left a huge mess when departing the Oval office, that can't be cleaned up overnight. Obama has to clean it up as well as alleviate the fears of the rest of the world and nation. IMO: Obama needs to get away from the press, formulate a plan, and do his job without getting distracted.

Orga777
04-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Bush in all fairness f*cked things up big time lol. Yes he will get slander for that alone but Obama is going to get some too probably because he is a democrat (Which doesn't usually win), black and has some views that are a bit "big" to see happening yet.

Interesting... Would you like to say WHICH Bush policies screwed up the Housing Market that caused the economic collapse then? Everyone says "It was Bush's bad economic policies!" Does anyone know what policies they were? Look, I hate Bush too. He was one of the most fake Conservatives ever elected President. But believe me it wasn't JUST him. It was also Dems in Congress REFUSING to allow more regulation on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the two morgage giants run by the government that allowed (and forced banks by Government mandate) to give loans they had no damn business giving to people. No money down and No Credit type of loans to keep this "affordable housing" myth up. Look where THAT got people? A Housing Bubble that popped, causing banks to topple left and right, and a economic downturn.

I support him as long as he gets us out of this slump we are in now. However that isn't going to happen right away or at the snap of a finger, so that's why I say don't expect much until you start seeing it. When 4 years come around and if he has made America somewhat better or helped our economy crisis out, then yea I'll probably give him my vote in the next election should he run. Until then all we can really do is wait and see.

You can't get out of an economic down turn by increasing the National Debt another $2 Trillion. China already came out and said they are getting sick of us and them needing to buy our damn debt. Everyone made a big deal about Bush and his large increase of National Debt, but Obama in nearly 100 Days increased it more than Bush in any one year. This is the only issue I have with him right now though (well, this and him being TOO apologetic to the world). Most of the other problems come from crappy Congress and some of his cabinet members (like Tax Cheat Geihtner and Janet "Veterens are extremists" Napolitano.)

Skarphedin
04-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Although I don't think Barack Obama is a bad person, I predict that he will not be the President that the American people were counting on. Well, first of all, basically half of the voting population probably already disapprove of him regardless (republicans).
I'm just gonna point out that Republicans and Democrats only make up roughly a third of the voting population. The rest are independents or registered with a third party. Also:
President---Approval rating after 100 days
Eisenhower---73%
Kennedy---83
Johnson---80
Nixon---62
Ford---48
Carter---63
Reagan---68
Bush I---56
Clinton---55
Bush II---57.5
Obama---65
Average~~~65
Interesting stuff, huh? He's right in the middle.

Skarphedin
04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm just gonna point out that Republicans and Democrats only make up roughly a third of the voting population.
Shit, I misspoke, there should be an each at the end of that sentence. Effectively 1/3 republican 1/3 democrat, 1/3 independent, though it changes constantly. Right now it might be closer to 1/3 republican 2/5 democrat, and the rest independent and other.

If 2/3 of the voting population are other than democrat or republican, do a majority of those voters still vote for a democrat or republican candidate then?
A majority of them do vote for one of the two main parties. The important thing about them is that they can be influenced either way, which is part of the reason we have such a marathon of an election cycle. They're also the main reason that both parties tend to avoid fielding very far left or right politicians in presidential elections, as those too liberal or conservative tend to be toxic to centrists.

0mnislash17
04-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Interesting... Would you like to say WHICH Bush policies screwed up the Housing Market that caused the economic collapse then? Everyone says "It was Bush's bad economic policies!" Does anyone know what policies they were? Look, I hate Bush too. He was one of the most fake Conservatives ever elected President. But believe me it wasn't JUST him. It was also Dems in Congress REFUSING to allow more regulation on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the two morgage giants run by the government that allowed (and forced banks by Government mandate) to give loans they had no damn business giving to people. No money down and No Credit type of loans to keep this "affordable housing" myth up. Look where THAT got people? A Housing Bubble that popped, causing banks to topple left and right, and a economic downturn.

You can't get out of an economic down turn by increasing the National Debt another $2 Trillion. China already came out and said they are getting sick of us and them needing to buy our damn debt. Everyone made a big deal about Bush and his large increase of National Debt, but Obama in nearly 100 Days increased it more than Bush in any one year. This is the only issue I have with him right now though (well, this and him being TOO apologetic to the world). Most of the other problems come from crappy Congress and some of his cabinet members (like Tax Cheat Geihtner and Janet "Veterens are extremists" Napolitano.)

Well yea I know the democrats had something to do with the house market collapsing but it still kinda was Bush's job to not let that happen. Yea sure, congress/senate votes and if it never makes it past the senate it never reaches him but up until this year, weren't the majority of the senate republican? I think he could've rallied them together or something to stop this from happening should they have wanted to. Unless they don't have....what was it....2/3 the votes? Or is that only for Veto? Anyways, he is still majorly responsible for it.

As for Obama printing 1-2 trillion dollars, I had no idea he had done that since I haven't been near a T.V. or read a newspaper in ages. I agree that was a bad move on his part unless he has one hell of a plan as to make up for it.

MrsSallyBakura
04-27-2009, 03:56 PM
wow thats pretty racist thinking, i mean after the way african americans have been treated over the years i think its about time they had a black president, the white people need to sit back for once

I really must be missing something about the United States, living by some of the most liberal-thinking cities in the nation. Because I definitely, definitely feel like I'm a loner when it comes to my political standpoint. Where I live, almost everybody loves Democrats. They have bumper stickers that say stuff like, "Hate freedom? Vote Republican!" Most of the people on campus during the campaign either ran around with an Obama pin or t-shirt. After he won, everyone wore their Obama shirts and hoodies the next day.

I really do hate it when someone criticizes Obama, they get called racist. People, this isn't about race. It's only about race when you care about it so much. If someone has a legit argument against Obama about his policies, please know that it's not about race and don't try to say that it is.

As for what I think of him? Well, even though I didn't vote for him or support his win, I was kind of looking forward to the potential change. Putting another trillion dollars into the economy sounds an awful lot like what Bush was doing.

It's also important to keep in mind that Bush wasn't very conservative.

DaJacksterN
04-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Dude, it shouldn't matter if he's black or white. I just want my brother nation to have a good leader. I dislike hearing people say "Yay, about time the States had a black president! Whooo!" What does it matter? Like being black all of a sudden upgrades your ability to perform? I wouldn't care if the dude's black white or purple.

Sure some people say, "Well it's a momentous occassion, because it symbolizes that blacks are finally getting better treatment!"
Uuuh....yeah, that's nice. Really nice in fact. Now we need to move on though, for as heart-warming as that is, it doesn't do jack shit to help the economy.

Skarphedin
04-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Well yea I know the democrats had something to do with the house market collapsing but it still kinda was Bush's job to not let that happen. Yea sure, congress/senate votes and if it never makes it past the senate it never reaches him but up until this year, weren't the majority of the senate republican? I think he could've rallied them together or something to stop this from happening should they have wanted to. Unless they don't have....what was it....2/3 the votes? Or is that only for Veto? Anyways, he is still majorly responsible for it.
Republicans controlled both houses from 1994 until 2006, Democrats have controlled both houses since 2006.

As for Obama printing 1-2 trillion dollars, I had no idea he had done that since I haven't been near a T.V. or read a newspaper in ages. I agree that was a bad move on his part unless he has one hell of a plan as to make up for it.
He hasn't. There's a huge difference between borrowing money from other countries and just printing it with no backing. Printing one or two trillion dollars would be economic suicide.

Orga777
04-27-2009, 05:27 PM

George Bush brought these problems of Fannie and Freddie forth years ago actually, and the likes of Maxine Waters, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, and others fought it and nothing could get done despite the strong evidence that the two Morgage Giants were falling to pieces (all while the Stock Market was soaring and everyone was making LOADS of money off the Housing Market that was about to implode.)

Senator McCain also propsed a Bill around 2004 or 2005 for Mac and Mae regulations. Dems fought it to the point it wasn't even voted on. Democrats may not have controlled Congress at the time, but they had enough seats in place that they could have fought it all the way no matter if Republicans had the majority. Especially since some of them leaned on the Dems side at the time.

mystra
04-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Pride? in what? this country lost everything it stood for ages ago and it's very fast losing what dignity it had left. now they tell us that they will need to 'borrow' 30 something billion for the next quarter and like 15 something billion the following. hrm i don't see any of the stimulus money that was supposed to help our economy in my pay check. i see the banks begging for money and being given it while they contribute to causes like ACORN that have been raided by the feds in the last year. the unemployment rate is still skye rocketing yet the stimulus plan was supposed to make more jobs available for us little people. 100 days and i see the country still going down and not one good thing being done for us. lies lies and more lies. when obama came into office he promised no ear marks in bills. the stimulus plan was full of them. does anyone pay attention to the fact that this man cannot thinke on his own? he reads from a telepromter nothing else. when asked a question he doesn't know the answer too and the promter doesn't give him one he fails. there's a glitch in the promter guess what happens he fails. stumbles over his wordes then has the audacity to resay what he said already once the promter starts working right. give me a break. i was no bush fan but people jumped all over him when he made mistakes and no one does it to obama.

america has two options: 1. someone kills obama 2. a civil war occurs.

mystra
04-30-2009, 04:32 PM
the gallup poll has been released and obama is the second least liked president since 1969 ranking only 1% above clinton at the 100 day mark of presidency. hell people liked nixon and carter better during that period of their presidency and look at the shit they did.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/28/baracks-in-the-basement/

america has decided and yet we're still the minority being silenced by the extremist libs. go figure!

and yes JSwiggz i do believe a civil war might occur. what i'd do i can't say but if i didn't have a kid i'd be in the front lines.

maisetofan
05-01-2009, 09:17 PM
i am just glad i live in New zealand :)