PDA

View Full Version : What Would Your Platform Be?

Aerodynamic
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Subject to editing and additions.

-Immediate withdrawal from Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Japan, Germany, etc. and have them protect our borders. Cut military spending and move it towards infrastructure, education, health care, alternative energy, etc.

-End foreign dependence on foreign oils from evil regimes like Saudi Arabia. Oil is the only reason why they haven't collapsed. Drill in our own backyard and invest in alternative energy.

-Abolish the Federal Reserve. Only Congress has the right to coin and regulate money.

-Legalize cannabis (and end the War on Drugs) and tax it. Think of the benefits: increased tax revenue, more prison space, saved trees by using cannabis for paper.

-No benefits for illegal immigrants.

-Immediate withdrawal from the united Nations if they fail to reform.

-Reform the health care system and model it after Australia's system. A dual health care system is the fairest and a win-win situation for both sides. Those who prefer private care have every right to it and will get a tax cut to avoid "paying twice". I'm not a fan of single-payer health care by any means, but there needs to be relief for those who can't afford private care.

-Reform the education system by allowing vouchers. Make colleges tuition free.

-Abolish the death penalty. Killing others to show killing is wrong is hypocritical, plus it's more expensive than life prisonment.

-Prosecute the entire Bush administration of war crimes.

-Bring back the Glass-Steagall Act. Removing that act is why we're in this economic mess.

-Repeal Bush tax cuts. Have progressive taxation.

-Increase the minimum wage to $10.

-No benefits for unions. They have a right to assemble, but should not expect benefits or job security.

-Abolish the electoral college.

-End the two-party dictatorship, open up debates, etc. Americans are sick and tired of Democrats and Republicans.

-Alliance with Israel, but end foreign aid to them and the Arab League. Reform foreign aid by having it more humanitarian. Instead of sending money to corrupt regimes, drop off food and other necessities.

-Repeal Roe v. Wade and put that power to the states. Human life begins the moment at conception and should be protected, even in cases of rape (punish the rapist, not the child). Women should put unwanted children up for adoption. Abortion is only permissible in cases of dangers to the women's health.

-Repeal the Patriot Act.

-Limit Congress and Senate members to two terms. No more Joe Bidens, Robert Byrds, etc. We will continue the same old crap over and over if the same smarmy politicians are constantly reelected.

-Legalize gay marriage, but it's still not a right nor do I agree with it.

-End all corporate welfare.

-Law-abiding citizens have every right to a firearm.

-No regulation of the Internet.

DaJacksterN
05-06-2009, 03:38 PM

They get benefits? :O

Aerodynamic
05-06-2009, 03:41 PM

They get benefits? :O

You kidding me? Amnesty, free education, free health care, etc.

DaJacksterN
05-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Ahh, gotcha.

Divided issue. If they take up refugee status they could get those kinds of benefits. It's a sticky situation, since we could say they need to earn the rights to these benefits by having official citizenship status. But did any of us really? We just got lucky and were born into them.

DaJacksterN
05-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Who da heck is Ron Paul? :V

DaJacksterN
05-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Ooooh. I don't know American politics very well, you'll have to excuse me. I'm just learning Canadian politics now in grade 10. xD

Orga777
05-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Sorry, I was addressing Aero. But Mr. Paul was a fairly popular presidential candidate the past election. I would consider him 3rd party, but he is actually a Republican, and Aero's platform reminds me of his.

Ron Paul is full on Libertarian (which is the views expressed above.) I can't say I agree with the full pull out move which would be a total power vaccum in the region (and in Iraq's case cause a huge ass humanitarian disaster), but I do accept Ron Paul's views on everything else, especially all things economic. (and I also voted for him in the Primary... XD)

Aerodynamic
05-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm a centrist, but I liked Ron Paul.

maisetofan
05-08-2009, 12:52 AM
has anyone here read about the historical WHIG party?
two well known presidents were members of the whig party

DANMAN
05-08-2009, 08:39 AM
-Immediate withdrawal from Iraq. Cut military spending and move it towards infrastructure, education, health care, alternative energy, etc.

-Reform the health care system.

-Make colleges tuition free.

-Abolish the death penalty. Killing others to show killing is wrong is hypocritical.

-Make the economy better

-Repeal the Patriot Act

-Legalize gay marriage

Obama is my candidate.

Aerodynamic
05-08-2009, 08:03 PM
-Immediate withdrawal from Iraq. Cut military spending and move it towards infrastructure, education, health care, alternative energy, etc.

-Abolish the death penalty. Killing others to show killing is wrong is hypocritical.

-Make the economy better

-Repeal the Patriot Act

-Legalize gay marriage

Obama is my candidate.

1. How are you going to make the economy better?

2. Obama is an Uncle Tom. If you want real candidates, look up Ron Paul, Mike Gravel, and Ralph Nader.

Aninamar
05-09-2009, 06:48 AM
-Make StarCraft a national sport.

Orga777
05-14-2009, 12:01 PM
-Make StarCraft a national sport.

Better than saying WoW. XD

Immediate withdrawal from Iraq. Cut military spending and move it towards infrastructure, education, health care, alternative energy, etc.

Again, pulling out too fast will destroy all the work we did over there and make things worse. For something as complex as that you have to do things slowly, which is what the Bush Admin. started and the Obama Admin. continued. Both admins had the time-line of withdrawl at around 2010-2011. But then we have to go finish the job in Afganistan (and we still have to worry about Nuclear Pakistan falling apart at the seams.)

Everyone wants to do that. Doing it correctly is the hard part.

Yes, lets do that, so then teachers get paid even LESS and we will have to import all teachers from other countries because it will become pointless for teachers to do years of school work to teach college and then not get paid for it.

I am on the fence with this one. I would say abolish the death penalty since it is more expensive to the Tax Payer than keeping them in for Life....

Right. Go to the corner please.

-Make the economy better

Yes... how?

You do that and less people will find work. Companies already have to deal with outragous taxes, lack of funds in a Resession, and some have Unions to deal with. Not to mention paying for Health Care and other such things. Add more Minimum Wage and the only thing that is going to get done is more Part-Time work, less full-time work, and more people in the Unemployment Line.

-Repeal the Patriot Act

I agree here. Too bad Obama isn't going to do that... (He voted for it to be re-instated actually...)

-Legalize gay marriage

As long as Churches aren't forced to do it, then I wouldn't care either way.

Of course.