PDA

View Full Version : arsenic and old lace

caps
05-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Death.

personally, i don't believe in heaven or any afterlife, you don't have to agree, but...for those that do agree...I don't know how to put this into words, what do you think it will be like when we stop living? it's in odd question, because we can't think or feel but...the world disappears in a way. like, it stops existing for your conscious/unconscious/subconscious mind...i guess we wont feel it anyway, but...what will it be like not feeling?we wouldn't be able to feel what it would be like not to feel. and what would...what happens? there may not be an answer...

bravo if you understand what i'm saying, because if you understand it, you wont post something like "it wont be like anything. we will be dead"
...because that sorta wouldn't be the point ;)

HolyShadow
05-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Death.

personally, i don't believe in heaven or any afterlife, you don't have to agree, but...for those that do agree...I don't know how to put this into words, what do you think it will be like when we stop living? it's in odd question, because we can't think or feel but...the world disappears in a way. like, it stops existing for your conscious/unconscious/subconscious mind...i guess we wont feel it anyway, but...what will it be like not feeling?we wouldn't be able to feel what it would be like not to feel. and what would...what happens? there may not be an answer...

bravo if you understand what i'm saying, because if you understand it, you wont post something like "it wont be like anything. we will be dead"
...because that sorta wouldn't be the point ;)
I questioned this and still do. If there isn't an afterlife, there will be eternal nothingness. That's all. There's really no other way to explain it. It won't be darkness. It'll merely be nothing. Almost like you're in a coma with no senses or dreams. Pure nothingness.

Orga777
05-15-2009, 05:34 PM
I will let everyone know when I die. I plan on haunting everyone that made me lose my mind on this site when that happens so... XP

But seriously, nobody knows for sure. I think there is something after death, but I have no idea what it is and I personally feel that it is something that no one expects.

mystra
05-15-2009, 06:40 PM
just out of curiosity does anyone realize that the title of the thread is an olde cary grant film?

DaJacksterN
05-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Energy and matter cannot be destroyed. Only broken down and reused.

When we die and decompose, our energies will become part of some future person, or a rock, a tree, a bird in the sky--and our energy will last forever. In that sense we are 'eternal', 'everlasting' and 'reborn', all at once...

caps
05-15-2009, 10:18 PM
just out of curiosity does anyone realize that the title of the thread is an olde cary grant film?

yeah, i did that on purpose

Energy and matter cannot be destroyed. Only broken down and reused.

When we die and decompose, our energies will become part of some future person, or a rock, a tree, a bird in the sky--and our energy will last forever. In that sense we are 'eternal', 'everlasting' and 'reborn', all at once...

well, i was kinda asking philosophically i guess and not scientifically. science is good to, but i prefer things that don't have a definite answer

...or don't make much sense ;)

but mentally, what do you think we go through? like, what will it be like not knowing what i don't know it is like?

DaJacksterN
05-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Well, that's just my thoughts on the 'afterlife'.

Mentally? we shut down. Like going to sleep and never waking up. Just a feeling of loss of consciousness, like when we're dozing off...

HolyShadow
05-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, that's just my thoughts on the 'afterlife'.

Mentally? we shut down. Like going to sleep and never waking up. Just a feeling of loss of consciousness, like when we're dozing off...
As I said. Total nothingness.

Titan50
05-16-2009, 03:28 AM
http://www.globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/game_over_screen_from_battlezone.jpg

Aninamar
05-16-2009, 05:20 AM
That's something really out of grasp for me - the whole concept of the fact you're dead, and you aren't even aware with your nonexistance. I can't imagine it.

But I'd love to have an afterlife working like in Order of the Stick.

TPishek
05-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Hmm, what about reincarnation? Anyone like that idea? I've never been able to decide if I do or not...

mystra
05-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Caps: So you don't believe in an afterlife but do you believe in a soul? Soul NOT being a conscious entity but the energy that keeps us alive.

I sort of believe in the whole Universal Soul theory. When we die our energy goes out and becomes part of everything else around us. We're not aware of this per say but our essence (if not our consciousness as well, leading into past life experiences and/or dejavu but I'm not going there) continues on. The body goes back to the Earth as nourishment and lives on that way as well giving the Earth, plants, animals, etc. the rest of our energy.

caps
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
well...not really. i believe we just die, but...to just...not existing is such a strange concept, it would feel like nothing because we wouldn't ba able to feel, but what would nothing feel like?