PDA

View Full Version : life after death

divine1
05-16-2009, 02:07 PM
All discussion on what, if anything, happens after life goes here.

I don't know what I think about this topic right now but I can't help but feel that something happens after life.

xellos88
05-16-2009, 04:42 PM
I dont believe there's anything after life but i kinda wish there is something.....just not reincarnation...especially if there is karma involved

maisetofan
05-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Well obviously being christian i believe in life after death, eternal life

divine1
05-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Living forever kinda sounds strange to me...after some time has passed, would you not get so bored you would want to die?

xellos88
05-16-2009, 04:57 PM
But that's living forever. It's diferent from a life after death.

divine1
05-16-2009, 05:03 PM

I think he means dying then going to heaven and living forever after death there.

BakuraMuto
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Living forever kinda sounds strange to me...after some time has passed, would you not get so bored you would want to die?
If heaven does in fact exist, forever and time would sensations that would not be felt. Heaven would be a realm beyond such a thing. I imagine Heaven would be like existing in every point in time simultaneously. You would be able to feel the very concept of infinity and exist within it. It's a sensation that we can only vaguely begin to imagine.

I think Hell would be something different entirely. Perhaps you wouldn't feel the concept of infinity in Hell, maybe it would feel like eternal life in a physical world? That alone would truly be Hell.

I don't know if there is something after death, but I hope there is. I don't want to revert back to non-existent state. The thought of my perception not existing anymore is terrifying. If there is something after death, I hope I'm able to keep my memories. My memories are very precious to me, even the bad ones.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
06-13-2009, 08:18 AM
My dad's GF told me that I believe in the Buddha's thoughts of what happens after death; that you come back as something else. But I also believe that when you die, your life will be replayed b4 you, and if youre able to except it, your next life will be wonderful. If you dont, itll be horrible. But if you only half accept it, your next life will b average, which is what most ppl's lives are

Ishikawa Oshro
06-13-2009, 08:46 AM
My dad's GF told me that I believe in the Buddha's thoughts of what happens after death; that you come back as something else. But I also believe that when you die, your life will be replayed b4 you, and if youre able to except it, your next life will be wonderful. If you dont, itll be horrible. But if you only half accept it, your next life will b average, which is what most ppl's lives are

hahahahaha
YOUR ALL WRONG
being a man who has passed to the other side I know whats its like on the other side.
And ill tell ya its not pretty.
To start theres an alligator with a scale and he puts your heart on it. And weighs it with a feather on the other side. And if your heart has evil in it then it will be heavier than the feather. But if you are pure in your deeds then the feather will be heavier.

Depending on the outcome 2 things can happen
-feather weighs more than heart= eternal happiness in the afterlife. They re-do your making and make you into something more suitable to be happy FPREVER.
-heart weighs more than feather= The alligator devours your soul and thats that. An evil person will be consumed and will exist no more.

But then again that could have my dream on egyptian mythology O.o

I CANNOT BE WRONG hahahaha

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
06-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Ive heard that; I dont believe it

XxEnslavedNekoxX
06-17-2009, 01:42 AM
I believe that there are multiple possibilities in what happens in the afterlife. There are far to many religions and far to many different possibilities to simply settle on one thing. In most cases, I dabble in the believe that the afterlife is what you make it to be.

Who is to say that our human minds and beliefs do not bring things into existance?

Though on the same point, why worry about it now? You have your whole life ahead of you. I say this from experiance. After watching Halloween by Rob Zombie, I fell into a depression for a couple weeks where I was consistantly thicking about death and if there was an afterlife. I have come to know that such answers are things we as humans will never be able to grasp.

The key is to live each day to the fullest. Right now, life is what we have, not death. Besides, the answer will come to you when you actually do die. But remember that you won't be able to tell anyone about it either.

As for your feeling, I feel the same thing. My grandmother passed away after Christmas last year. I may not have known her well but I rest easy because I have the feeling she hasn't completely dissappeared.

Kochiha
06-17-2009, 01:55 AM
hahahahaha
YOUR ALL WRONG
being a man who has passed to the other side I know whats its like on the other side.
And ill tell ya its not pretty.
To start theres an alligator with a scale and he puts your heart on it. And weighs it with a feather on the other side. And if your heart has evil in it then it will be heavier than the feather. But if you are pure in your deeds then the feather will be heavier.

Depending on the outcome 2 things can happen
-feather weighs more than heart= eternal happiness in the afterlife. They re-do your making and make you into something more suitable to be happy FPREVER.
-heart weighs more than feather= The alligator devours your soul and thats that. An evil person will be consumed and will exist no more.

But then again that could have my dream on egyptian mythology O.o

I CANNOT BE WRONG hahahaha

1. Anubis, the fellow with the scale is a jackal
2. Ammit is the bitch that resides below the scale, and is in fact a mix of a crocodile, lion, and hippo.
3. There's a whole bunch of other stuff you have to go through before you get there, right down to fighting demons to get through large doors to the next level of heaven.

Ishikawa Oshro
06-17-2009, 11:25 AM
hahahahhaa
Glad someone knows there egyptian mythology ^_~

Abridgedfan101
06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Haven't really thought about if there's life after death or anything yet (I'm only 18 so...yea...). Just taking each day one step at a time.

But I'd like to think there'd be something once we close our eyes for good. Not sure what it would be...but something...

l3o2828
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
But I'd like to think there'd be something once we close our eyes for good. Not sure what it would be...but something...

I agree with this...

Maybe that something is just a feeling, like a feeling of peace, i would like that there was soemthing after death...

inamerica55585
07-19-2009, 11:42 PM
It's always been my personal belief that every religion has a different afterlife. I'm Jewish, so I would go to a Jewish heaven. Protestants would go to Protestant Heaven, Muslims would go to Muslim heaven, and Scientologists will go to Hell. I kid, seriously.
My point stands firm, though.

HolyShadow
07-19-2009, 11:49 PM
...and Scientologists will go to Hell. I kid, seriously.
Y...You're kidding? Aww...

maisetofan
07-20-2009, 12:24 AM

Very much so, i mean living forever on earth in human form would be awful lol, i mean in eternal peace in heaven so yeah. i am also jewish, my grandmother believed in a jewish heaven, i dont but hey i am confident in my beliefs

Turtlicious
07-20-2009, 01:18 AM
sadly nothing happens you cease to exist no peace no afterlife no nothing you just cease

sorry to burst your bubble

but make the best of today

HolyShadow
07-20-2009, 01:37 AM
What does, "Make the best of today" mean? I don't get it.

Turtlicious
07-20-2009, 02:15 AM
well basically...

lets say you want to go to vegas and have fun but your worried "GOD" would disaprove

dont hes not real enjoy yourself now then

dont go kill anybody because we still have laws

HolyShadow
07-20-2009, 02:17 AM
...So just do whatever you want within reason?

...Why?

Oh, and two contradictions so far:

One: You can still live for the moment while being religious. For example, get to know people and make friends.

Two: God did say thou shalt not kill, so why not just kill people? Those laws are really only there as a result of Gods, for the most part, so why bother following them at all? We should all live for the moment...

Living for the moment isn't some wild, out of control thing. Enjoy life and explore all it has to offer, sure, but why would you go to vegas and lose all your money against crooked dealers?

Turtlicious
07-20-2009, 02:41 AM
cuz it is reallyfun no seriously though vegas was a bad example and who says the dealers are crooked gambling is just a tax on stupid people

HolyShadow
07-20-2009, 02:50 AM
I think I'll be religious while sitll living for the moment. Oh, by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLJ3DSY68NA

maisetofan
07-20-2009, 05:05 AM
yeah well its good i am not listening to what a user on a fandom forum says lol
turtle i mean you

Xanadu
07-25-2009, 09:48 PM
What anything else does when it dies, rots in the ground and turns into dirt

HolyShadow
07-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanatopsis?

Xanadu
07-25-2009, 10:08 PM
what?
I mean decomposition

HolyShadow
07-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Try googling things if you don't know what they mean. It'll be good for you. I think you'll like it.

Xanadu
07-25-2009, 10:10 PM
don't care to bother

Noah Kaiba
07-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Accept Jesus as your personal lord and s-- oh, who am I kidding. There's probably nothing after death, kind of like before birth.

Ishikawa Oshro
07-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Only the fool has it set in his heart that there is no God
-_-

Aninamar
07-27-2009, 11:40 AM
:objection:
After death there's only El Chombo and he sings:
Chacarron Chacarron Chacarron Chacarron Chacarron Chacarron Chacarron Chacarron Chacarron
Ualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeua leualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeuale ualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeua leualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeuale ualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeua leualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeuale ualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeuale
Chacarron Macaron Chacarron Macaron Chacarron Macaron Chacarron Macaron Chacarron Macaron Chacarron Macaron Chacarron Macaron Chacarron Macaron Chacarron Macaron
ualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeua leualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeuale ualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeua leualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeuale ualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeualeua leualeualeualeualeuale.
-_-
You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to get you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the street, I know you look both ways.

-Do you know why people believe in God?
-I thought you didn't believe in God.
-I don't.
-Well then, you'd better be making a very good point.
-Do you think they pray to Him and praise Him because they want Him to know how great He is? God already knows that.
-Are you ... comparing me to God? I mean, that's great, but just so you know, I've never made a tree.
-I thank you because it means something to me. To be grateful for what I receive.
-You are the most naive atheist I've ever met... thank God. People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs. I'm not gonna crush you.

-Einstein said, "Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous."
-Woman in Florida said, "Look, Jesus is on my cheese sandwich."

Riu
07-27-2009, 08:21 PM
If anything does happen after death it's beyond human comprehension

HolyShadow
07-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Huh. I think they just ended the conversation.

DaJacksterN
07-27-2009, 10:24 PM
After death you rot.

You more likely than not just return to the same state of non-existance that Noah described before birth.

It's really not that hard to understand, and yet billions refuse to accept it. :V

Turtlicious
07-27-2009, 10:37 PM
I know this was already said but i need to quote house

PEOPLE PRAY TO GOD SO THAT HE DOESN'T THEM LIKE ANTS

HolyShadow
07-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Problem is, Danni, you haven't experienced death, nor have you spoken with anyone that has after the fact, so you have absolutely, positively NO idea what death is like. You can have your opinion, but don't speak like yours is right, because every opinion has a little bit of falsehood to it. It's possible you're right, but unless you have absolute proof, you can't prove it.

The reason why this conversation exists after millions of years is because we still don't know. The reason for that is that it's beyond human comprehension.

Turtlicious
07-27-2009, 11:46 PM
My thoughts are that i really dont know...and that scares me scares me more than anything else to wonder if it all just ends or if i float or if a universal spirit is judging me whether im wrong or right either way im scared and i hope that I'm right so that im not being judged for my actions cuz i probably am really going to hell

Aninamar
07-28-2009, 01:12 AM
"Ummmm... so there's life after death!" - Duke Nukem. And he has balls of steel, and damn, he's good, so better come get some and let's rock!

Turtlicious
07-28-2009, 01:28 AM
OK?

maisetofan
07-29-2009, 11:47 PM
-_-

testify Ishi :D :D :D :D

in case you did not know ishi and me believe in god :)

Heaven awaits

HolyShadow
07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
I have to wonder. If we're supposed to love thy neighbor, why would hell exist?

Humans would undoubtedly use it to threaten each other. Now, why exactly would that be? It creates drastic problems with other parts of His message, specifically what I said before.

Turtlicious
07-30-2009, 01:01 AM
testify Ishi :D :D :D :D

in case you did not know ishi and me believe in god :)

Heaven awaits

sure with 72 virgins if your a martyr

maisetofan
07-30-2009, 01:14 AM
um no i do not believe that
don't the muslims believe something of that nature?

Fat1Fared
07-30-2009, 05:29 AM
Mai that is sterotpyre of Muslin terrorists, you shouldn't believe everything you see on TV (doesn't prove my point on another page <sigh>)

=Holy, I don't think it is beyond human understanding, we just have no way to know if we understand it (there is difference)

Though to be honest, to me once your dead, your dead, nothing else, GONE.
=I was once told by a christian that I must really fear death because of this view. But I don't, I mean not going to go looking for death, but I can handle that will die. In tuth I think anyone who holds the view of an afterlife is one who really fears death, because they have make up some silly idea about afterlasting glory to deal with it.
=The idea of afterlife makes no sense, when you think 250,000-300,000 poeple die a day, Heaven must be bloodly big place:-In words of Niat Griffin "There's a lack of chairs"
=And the idea of coming back makes no sense ether, when think in last hundred years in Britian alone, the population, has gone from 12million to 67million, the maths doesn't add up, unless our souls get split everytime we come back, but that must mean, I'm just over 1/6 of person I was hundred years ago O.o

DarthWario
07-30-2009, 05:38 AM
Seeing as I haven't been here before, i'll just leave my two pence.

I believe that the afterlife was origionally created to give people peace in death, just like religion was made to govern people and to give them some form of morals. It was all guesswork and the old idea that people believe lies if they're big enough. I forget the specific quote.

Anyway, to me I reckon if you truly believe in an afterlife your mind will make you see it for a brief moment before it shuts down. At least, what you believe to be it. I reckon that sort of thing can happen.

In the whole concept of the soul thing going to heaven/hell/through reincarnation all of it is wild speculation based on what someone made up a while ago, because quite frankly how the hell are you meant to prove it. Unless you've been to your respective afterlife and came back. Which is unlikely.

Turtlicious
07-30-2009, 05:47 AM
=And the idea of coming back makes no sense ether, when think in last hundred years in Britian alone, the population, has gone from 12million to 67million, the maths doesn't add up, unless our souls get split everytime we come back, but that must mean, I'm just over 1/6 of person I was hundred years ago O.o

well it would explain alot jkjkjk

Fenrir502
08-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Being Catholic, I personally believe there is something after death, but why should it matter? What kind of person is good only because they want eternal life? Kindness derived from the promise of a reward is hardly kindness at all.