07-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Best....cancelled....show.....EVER!
It was so sad that Fox are idiots.....

MyHair
07-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I loved it. It was shiny.

micanna
07-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Is there any more rumors about a follow up movie for serenity?

BryyMiller
07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
No, but there is that tiny little incident of Whedon saying Firefly is dead.

I love the show, I hate the fanbase.

KingMichael
07-16-2007, 08:19 PM
I saw the show not long ago (about a month or two, I don't remember). Some people, including Orson Scott Card, labelled Serenity the best sci-fi movie ever, so I decided to watch Firefly first. I actually ended up liking Firefly more than Serenity. Sucks that it was cancelled after only 14 episodes.

CrookedMan
07-17-2007, 02:31 AM
There is a comic out (Serenity: Those Left Behind), and Whedon is currently working on a new Serenity/Firefly comic. http://whedonesque.com/?comments=9519

Still. You'd think that with the massive reception of Firefly after the DVD came out, that people would be willing to resurrect the series. Shame.

HeroicSpikeSpiegel
07-17-2007, 02:37 AM
The only reason the series hasn't been revived is because Fox still holds the rights and won't let go of them. Since Joss vowed to never work with that devil of a network again we won't be seeing new stories in the 'verse on TV for a long time, if ever again. Truly a shame as Firefly was the best show ever with a ton of lost potential.

Maybe I'll be able to squeeze a little info out of Joss as to the future of the series at Comic-Con this year. ^_^

matdavhans
07-17-2007, 08:34 AM
If Fox hadn't completely held back on promoting Firefly, and had at the very least shown the episodes in order, we could very have had multiple seasons to look forward too. But noooo. Fox thought it was a smart idea to cancel a show that won an Emmy and a couple other awards, has a 9.5 rating on IMDB, and brought in millions in DVD sales, once it became rediculously popular though bittorrent and reruns on Sci-Fi.

Readout
07-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Sadly, the show had a crappy spot, got bad reviews on the first three episodes or so, (although actually they were episodes 2-4, as Fox showed out of order,) and, even though it got great reviews near the end of the series, they never showed the final two episodes.
Thank god for DVDs!
I just wish that Jayne could have died instead of Wash......

goblingirl
07-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Wonder if we can blame the Big Five.....?

CrookedMan
07-18-2007, 04:44 AM
It's hard to pick who could have died, particularly out of those two. They had some of the best lines.

"I call it Vera."

Tess
07-18-2007, 09:19 AM
I bought the whole series a little while back, and I was just watching episode 1 yesterday. It's seems like a pretty awesome show.
My brother bought his own copy because I wouldn't sell it to him for University.

KrammerMSC
08-22-2007, 06:19 AM
I loved that show =/
Aren't there plans for a Firefly MMO? Or am I just insane? o.O

TwilightDweller
08-25-2007, 10:09 AM
God I loved Jayne. He's like the Bender of Firefly.

fluffy2044
08-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Yes it was very shiney...
So I got bourd yesterday after watching the Firefly episode called 'Safe' where simon gets kidnapped and left behind on a plaent and Jayne is going through simon's stuff later and pulls out a shirt. Well my friend and I joked about what if it was some clothing that would really get Jayne's face looking horrified then we rember that Mal and Simon are so an item!! hehehe That's what we fangirls do...
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t221/fluffy2044/PropertyOfMal.png

Shadowmayne
11-22-2007, 09:26 PM
I hope in the upcoming comics and books we find out about Sheppard and if Early survived. Early was awesome.