PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality (on the day to day)

Pages : [1] 2

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 02:48 PM
This isn't a debate thread, there are other threads for that. I just thought it would be nice to discuss topics relating to homosexuality, whether it's coping with family or dealing with stereotypes or simply posting personal experiences. Questions are fine too.

I don't want anyone to feel bad or upset in this forum, so no mean remarks. :(

Discuss!!

I-like-that-word
05-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Definitely the sis, especially with her being my twin. That was not fun at all.

Parents were fine, didn't give a toss about the friends though because they can be replaced and/or silenced.

DaJacksterN
05-21-2009, 03:02 PM
I still havn't told my parents--and only out of fear. My friends all reacted very well, to the point where some just shrugged their shoulders and said "Cool." I wasn't shy telling them either, since I'm pretty confident in myself.
My brother and sister are way too young to know what I was talking about, and once they're old enough to understand I'll probably be out of the house anyways. I don't think they'd care in the least.

My mother I'm not too worried about. It's my dad that I'm afraid to tell. He's very old-fashioned in his thinking, and though he's really open and willing to debate in topics such as religion or the government, he's very reserved about talking about homosexuality. Being his daughter, I just don't know how he'd react to it. He seems to be more against gay men than lesbians, but....still, I'm his kid, so I don't know how he would take it. I know he wouldn't be angry, but what I'm afraid of is total dissapointment. I don't want to ruin my relationship with him, because he's like a 'best friend' to hang out with.

Aninamar
05-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Today, my brother came out to our family as being gay. My mother starting crying because "She wanted grandchildren." I told her that I was planning on having children. She started crying harder. FML

Oh well. Let's be straight but not narrow, you damn cancers of society I MEAN... er...

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Aninamar, did you vote in the poll? Because if you did, you weren't supposed to. >.> Where's your quote from anyway? I thought it was cute.

Aninamar
05-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Aninamar, did you vote in the poll? Because if you did, you weren't supposed to. >.>

Let's see, I'm horrifically homophobic and disgusted at many gay activities, as well as hateful of yaoi. So no, I didn't vote, I kind of know my place in the world.
As for the quote, it comes from http://fmylife.com , a funny site with anecdotes written by unlucky (or sometimes dumb) people.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 03:48 PM
*rocks back and forth nervously* In the future, me might be lez, but at the current moment, me bi. No one but my friend Alexis knows. well, now u all know, too

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 04:19 PM
I didn't vote, I kind of know my place in the world.

There were 3 posts and 3 votes so I was just making sure. ^^

MKG, you're still very young, don't worry about putting a label on yourself yet.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 04:21 PM
YAYZ! SOMEONE ACTUALLY REMEMBERED IM YOUNG! Most ppl dont give a crap biout what i say O.O' But it's true in my last post~~

DaJacksterN
05-21-2009, 04:43 PM
*rocks back and forth nervously* In the future, me might be lez, but at the current moment, me bi. No one but my friend Alexis knows. well, now u all know, too

We should have a lesbian tea party together! :O

xD
Your thoughts and interests may change over time, but if that's what you feel now, then that's how you feel now. I'm only 15 but I know damn well that men are....ya, no. x3
Only you know for sure! ;)

Insane
05-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm am coming here as a straight man to congratulate you each on your confidence on being able to tell people.

I'm not sure if I'd be able to tell people if I were gay.

So that's very commendable

And no, I didn't vote in the poll

Aninamar
05-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Just realized you can choose more than one answer in the poll, so I guess that's where the confusion comes from.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:01 PM

xD
Your thoughts and interests may change over time, but if that's what you feel now, then that's how you feel now. I'm only 15 but I know damn well that men are....ya, no. x3
Only you know for sure! ;

Perhaps!!~~ yeahhhh, at one point, like last December, somehow, i fell in love with a chick in my class named Maira. then i was rlly embarassed and i kept trying to convince myself i was straight. it worked for awhile, but not for a long time. in the end, i suppose i was bi. But i think, if ever so slowly, im turning lez O.O

I dont like Maira no mores

I-like-that-word
05-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Merci Insane85, though in reality there shouldn't have to be that fear. Sadly however there is but with hard work we should be able to change that. And this subject has got me watching Ellen DeGeneres now on youtube.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:06 PM
personally, i think that the reason ppl hate or fear homos and bi's is cuz that, even if they want to acknowledge that or not, they have a fear for things unkown. same with racism

I-like-that-word
05-21-2009, 05:07 PM
true although you know the argument about it not being natural? It's completely ludicrous: they've found it in other animals, penguins, ducks, dogs the list goes on and on. Personally I blame fundamentalism.

Aninamar
05-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Fundamentalism? Why? You don't have to be religious to be homophobic. *point point*

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:10 PM
I used to wonder if Horses could be gay~ I dunno why. came up in a convo

I-like-that-word
05-21-2009, 05:11 PM
That's true, but it is one of the main factors that tends to lead to it. Out of wonder though Aninamar why are you homophobic? Just out of curiosity?

Gargoyle
05-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Friends. It's hard for me to make friends and I don't want to lose what I have. I have one friend who I'm sure knows, but we don't talk about it.

Also, my older brother. He's the only family I have left and he's been a great brother to me, but he's homophobic. :( I wish I could tell him, we've been through thick and thin together, but I wouldn't know how.

Aninamar
05-21-2009, 05:15 PM
I already expressed myself and my little scientific knowledge about those things in the previous topic, and I failed miserably at proving my point. I derive it from pure emotional standpoint, so that might make sense only on esthetical (sp?) point of view. I will tolerate homosexuals, but won't support them.

But if I was gay, I would come out with the words: "Tratatatata! (or your other favourite American Cavalry impression) I'm gay!"

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:16 PM
...Gargoyle, are u a girl or boy? my guess; boy.

i used to be homophobic. b4 i became unstraight

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Can we please not go down the road of "blaming" things like religion for homophobia? There's already a thread in place for those kinds of arguments. :(

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:19 PM
for a minute, i thought that said 'kids"

Aninamar
BLAH BLAH BLAH MUSLIMS BLAH BLAH BLAH GAY PEOPLE BLAH BLAH BLAH 9/11 BLAH. Screw you, HeartRyou.

... Oh, wow. That was actually bad. Sorry. I really hope you won't hear that last one ever again.

Gargoyle
Yep, I'm a boy.

I used to be very homophobic because of past issues before I realized.

I-like-that-word
05-21-2009, 05:20 PM
I can respect your view Aninamar, it's your opinion and it's your right to have one. But have you had any experiences with homosexual people? Like any class mates or family?

When I came out to my friends I think it went like: Yeah I'm gay and I really don't care :P it was then followed by me making a gay joke :D

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 05:21 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH MUSLIMS BLAH BLAH BLAH GAY PEOPLE BLAH BLAH BLAH 9/11 BLAH.

???

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
LOL. Thought so, Gar. DONT SCREW HEARTRYOU, ANINA! HEART IS NICE! most of the time. You may the screw the rules, but not a fellow member!

Aninamar
05-21-2009, 05:24 PM
I can respect your view Aninamar, it's your opinion and it's your right to have one. But have you had any experiences with homosexual people? Like any class mates or family?

My imaginary friend might qualify? No, he can't.
I never met the gay man. I just got prank'd by http://meatspin.com and my life wasn't ever quite the same.
Or simply, I just got sick of everything regarding gays worldwide.
Yeah, it's biased and I can't really relate to any real experience... So what?

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:27 PM
.......I dont have imaginary friends

I-like-that-word
05-21-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm a believer in observing both sides before creating an opinion but I'm not going to have a go at you. Then again you had a bad experience, I had a bad experience of being bullied by christians for being a wiccan but I met some nice christians so I see that there are bad ones and nice ones.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:30 PM
......I dont have religion anymore. i dont eblieve God. I gave all of 'em up. nother thing my family doesnt know.

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Anymore?

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Whaddya mean?

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 05:33 PM
What made you give up?

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Neh. Something in my mind cracked and made me realize how stupid the Bibleness is. Goemn if u liek bible, but im just not Goddy anymore

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Neh. Something in my mind cracked and made me realize how stupid the Bibleness is. Goemn if u liek bible, but im just not Goddy anymore

Just try to be a little more respectful about it okay? :(

Aninamar
Just try to be a little more respectful about it okay?

I can. I'm just too lazy to go to church.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
Kay!~ *erases every1's memory to forget what i wrote*

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I can. I'm just too lazy to go to church.

I don't think going to Church every Sunday means you're religious. Going to Church is easier than actually following the Scripture. And the Orthodox have a three hour long liturgy, no wonder they have such a low attendance rate. Doesn't mean they're not religious. But this isn't the thread for that. :p

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:40 PM
OFFTOPIC ALERT!~

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 05:40 PM
That's what I just wrote in my post.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:42 PM
You did? O.o where were we? oh yes; Anina's homophobicness, i think

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 05:46 PM
We've already finished that topic. Now we just wait for anyone else who feels comfortable to talk about their personal experiences or wants to get something off their chest.

And technically you got off topic first. :P

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 05:51 PM
i, uh, erm, SHUT UP! *goes and sits in corner, crouching*

what i wrote by accident for the motion: gea dn sits and ccorner

howd i write that????

Apple
05-21-2009, 06:01 PM
let everyone express themselves freely, thats what i say
flaunt it loud and proud :p

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 06:02 PM
tahts the kinda talk that makes ppl not wanna tell

Apple
05-21-2009, 06:14 PM
um actually i have alot of gay male friends in the UK who go by that attitude :p be happy and proud

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 06:18 PM
.....gayness about..?

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Apple means that people should be at peace with their sexual orientation. But it's very much easier said than done. Which is why this thread is here. Sometimes if you talk about something that scares you, it becomes less scary.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh~ Though I have all A's and one B one my report card, I cnat seem to understand NAYTHING. perhaps it's the way u guys word it. COFUZZNESS ABOUT!!!!

Kanariya674
05-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Wow, how does this thread make a reference to meatspin? lolz

MKG, seriously, don't worry too much about your sexual orientation right now. You are pretty young, so live life without romance as much as you can. Trust me, it's easier. >> But I'm glad you're open to the forum about it, express yourself somewhere.

Coming out was never a problem. There was never an issue of 'sin' for me. Homosexuality is completely natural, and I don't fret too much about it. I find both genders attractive, and I have fallen in love with males and females. At home, my mother doesn't think it is possible to be attracted to both sexes, but my father doesn't mind at all. At school, I have never had any problems with my orientation. If I ever did, I have many to support me.

We have a Gay Straight Alliance at school, and so naturally you can tell we're actually a pretty open school. Everyone I know is comfortable with homosexuals.

I'm very lucky to have it this way. Many don't have that ability to so easily express themselves, and to everyone who has trouble, just don't lie to yourself. I don't care if you think it's selfish, or you want to keep family - this is your life. It will give you happiness to be able to freely express yourself, whether gay or straight. Homosexuality is not a bad thing, and it's part of who you are. Denying that is just lying to yourself all the way through life.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow, how does this thread make a reference to meatspin? lolz

MKG, seriously, don't worry too much about your sexual orientation right now. You are pretty young, so live life without romance as much as you can. Trust me, it's easier. >> But I'm glad you're open to the forum about it, express yourself somewhere.

Coming out was never a problem. There was never an issue of 'sin' for me. Homosexuality is completely natural, and I don't fret too much about it. I find both genders attractive, and I have fallen in love with males and females. At home, my mother doesn't think it is possible to be attracted to both sexes, but my father doesn't mind at all. At school, I have never had any problems with my orientation. If I ever did, I have many to support me.

We have a Gay Straight Alliance at school, and so naturally you can tell we're actually a pretty open school. Everyone I know is comfortable with homosexuals.

I'm very lucky to have it this way. Many don't have that ability to so easily express themselves, and to everyone who has trouble, just don't lie to yourself. I don't care if you think it's selfish, or you want to keep family - this is your life. It will give you happiness to be able to freely express yourself, whether gay or straight. Homosexuality is not a bad thing, and it's part of who you are. Denying that is just lying to yourself all the way through life.

Wow~ I felt like in was reading poetry. I dont fall in love a lot, so yeah~~

Gargoyle
05-21-2009, 08:11 PM
It's very difficult to be at peace with sexual orientation... still a struggle for me and I'm an adult.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 08:13 PM
If you know where bi's and homos and gays are coming from, youd be able to be at peace

HeartRyou
05-21-2009, 08:22 PM
If you know where bi's and homos and gays are coming from, youd be able to be at peace

Gargoyle means that it's not so easy. Life's complicated.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I understand

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 08:25 PM

YAYNESS EVERYWHERE!!~

DaJacksterN
05-21-2009, 08:57 PM

:O
*Pets you*

You remind me a lot of...me. Except a bit younger than when I started going through everyhting you are.
Religion just doesn't fit into my lifestyle anymore either. Not just because of the anti-homosexual attitude religion creates, but because it doesn't make sense.

Anyways, off-topic....

Now I'm thinking that I would like to meet you and possibly help you in any way I can. I would listen, even though I'm probably just as clueless about love and other such topics as you are. 'S alright though....

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 09:23 PM
*smiles and hugs* Yayz!~ I shall call u Onee san! if u dont mindO.O

DaJacksterN
05-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Yay! :thatface:

Naw I don't mind at all bra! :3

And you shalll be....Onee-chan? :O

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-21-2009, 09:33 PM
mmkay! ive never had an older sister b4... O.O *hugs*

DaJacksterN
05-21-2009, 09:37 PM
I have a younger sister that's about your age, actually.....
:3

*Hugs back*

Daww, lesbain sisters! :thatface: That's neat!

Sechmet
05-22-2009, 02:22 AM
I thought I was straight for a long time.. then bi.. I had encounters with men, two really short relationships, but I think it's thanks to them that I'm now 100% sure that I'm a dyke. Thanks, boys! *blows kisses*

Anyway, I didn't tell many people yet. Only few know about my orientation and their reactions were mixed so I'm a little hesistant.. My parents are still in the dark. I think they would understand.. But I'm afraid they would still try to interfere. I know it's not the best reason to keep silent, but I hate it when they do that even if they mean well. I'll tell them eventually, they have the right to know, after all.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-22-2009, 05:59 AM
I have a younger sister that's about your age, actually.....
:3

*Hugs back*

Daww, lesbain sisters! :thatface: That's neat!

i have two younger sister!

YAYZ!!

Aninamar
05-22-2009, 06:37 AM
"The Plan". Loosely translated by Aninamar from Polish to English.

- Mom, I have to tell you something.
- Yes, dear?
- I'm gay.
- Sure, darling, and I'm an alien that bites off young boys' heads.
I was confused. I was expecting everything - hysteria, tears... and not something like that.
- What? You don't believe me?
- Of course I believe you. It's you who doesn't believe me.
Angry, I left my house. I could hardly believe it - my own mother makes a comedy show out of maybe the most important event in my life.
Yeah, it sure IS fun to have a laid-back mom, but that's a bit over the top...

- Why are you so pissed off? - Matt asked - You did your best, she didn't believe, her problem.
- Nope, it's my problem - I wanted to have a "clean sheet" before I brought Chris to my house.
- If you bring him home, she will finally believe you.
- I'm not sure about that. A lot of guy friends come to my house, she wouldn't see the difference.
- Lick his ear off when you introduce him. - Matt laughed.
- Yeah, sure - I laughed - maybe I should *bleep* him on a table as soon as we're home?
- Yeah! - I thought it was really funny. But maybe it's the solution...

Hm, it doesn't seem like that bad of an idea. Not only she would have to admit that I was right, I would make her look like an idiot - I'm still really annoyed with her. But Chris would never do such a thing, it's not his style. He's way too shy to even kiss me when we're standing in a line in the supermarket, and this kind of thing...

So I got an idea.

Every Sunday my mom likes to have a little shut-eye for about 2-3 hours. It's enough time for Chris to come to my house and, thinking there's nobody home, have a little action... When my mother gets up and invites me for a dinner, she would see what she was about to see.
Of course, if I knew that because of this stupid plan I'd lose Chris forever and the relations with my mother will never be quite the same, I would bang myself in the head for even thinking it up. But I didn't - back then, the idea was simply fabulous.

- Are you sure nobody's home? - Chris asked. He was really anxious.
- Did you hear anybody answering to your "Good evening"?
- Nope.
- No problem, then. If someone comes in, we will hear him.
- OK.
- Want some bear?
- No, thanks.
- A kiss?
- Yup...
So that's how it started. I hoped it won't end too soon and I was right. Mom entered to the room in a perfect moment. Chris paled and nervously reached for his pants. She also paled a little.
- Now - I asked - do you believe me?
- I believe. I always believed - she retorted, and then she took the skin out of her face, showing off a giant alien mouth with huge fangs, moved towards scared s**tless Chris and she has bitten his head off in one, clean move.
-Now, do you believe me?
I vomited.
- Clean this place up a little - she added and left my room, careful not to step on a soaked with blood and decapitated body of my boyfriend.

^_^

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-22-2009, 06:42 AM
O.O

Sechmet
05-22-2009, 08:34 AM
>.>;

Ishikawa Oshro
05-22-2009, 09:49 AM
okay oka
Lets at least try to leave the homosexual thread alone.
Its for coping homosexuals and should not be a breeding point for those against it to speak here. Unless you pose questions that wont make anyone feel awkard..............

Fat1Fared
05-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I thought I was straight for a long time.. then bi.. I had encounters with men, two really short relationships, but I think it's thanks to them that I'm now 100% sure that I'm a dyke. Thanks, boys! *blows kisses*

Anyway, I didn't tell many people yet. Only few know about my orientation and their reactions were mixed so I'm a little hesistant.. My parents are still in the dark. I think they would understand.. But I'm afraid they would still try to interfere. I know it's not the best reason to keep silent, but I hate it when they do that even if they mean well. I'll tell them eventually, they have the right to know, after all.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, My Love life is over NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PS sorry Sach, being bit silly

PSS One thing I am amazed about, is no one has voted, that think those around them, would support them,
-my mates wouldn't care and would probably just laugh saying, it was because I manged to fail with about 50 woman in one night,
-my dad cares more about cars driving down his street than does about my personal life,
-my sister would support whatever choice made
-and don't really know outer family enough to say I know or care what they would think, I turned gay

So it wouldn't be supporting, I suppose, but they wouldn't be against it

-My Mum, hmmmmmm, well who knows what her reaction to anything is,

Sechmet
05-22-2009, 10:20 AM
That's an interesting reaction, Fared. XD

Anyway, it's the fear. You might think we might exaggerate, but the fear can be justifiable often.

Fat1Fared
05-22-2009, 10:33 AM
No, I don't think it is an overreaction or anything (my response was though lol sorry about that, messing about,) I was just surpised, I thought there would be a few votes for that, as generally I have found most poeple are very literal to gayness now, (well in england) but still, this shows that there must still be some stigmra, if poeple still feel that their choice won't be supported

HeartRyou
05-22-2009, 02:55 PM
No, I don't think it is an overreaction or anything (my response was though lol sorry about that, messing about,) I was just surpised, I thought there would be a few votes for that, as generally I have found most poeple are very literal to gayness now, (well in england) but still, this shows that there must still be some stigmra, if poeple still feel that their choice won't be supported

That's why I created the poll actually. Regardless of whether someone considers homosexuality "right" or "wrong," I thought it was unfair that it be considered a choice. I don't think anyone would choose to be gay just to alienate their family or friends.
I was watching the Tyra Banks show the other day and they had a show about it (I'm not sure if it was a debate or a talk or what, it was poorly run). But some poor kid in the audience talked about how his father beat him up for being gay and one of the anti-gay panelists gave a response to the effect of, Sorry, no one has a right to beat you up for that, but not really, since you choose to be gay. I'm sure they purposely picked douchebags on the conservative panel to make the show more interesting (not many people would watch it if it was civilized), but regardless of one's feelings about homosexuality it's important to recognize that there is no excuse for violence or emotional abuse.

And not all conservatives are douchebags, by the way. I really do think the media sometimes polarizes the issue to make interesting television.

Aninamar
05-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't think anyone would choose to be gay just to alienate their family or friends.

Of course! There are many cooler ways to do that, as the most awesome TV series character (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_House) can show.

Also, HeartRyou, as much as I like you as a member, I must admit you're watching wrong talk shows. Switch to Jay Leno, David Letterman or Jerry Springer immediately.

HeartRyou
05-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Also, HeartRyou, as much as I like you as a member, I must admit you're watching wrong talk shows. Switch to Jay Leno, David Letterman or Jerry Springer immediately.

Tyra's on after Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon are over. :P I need to go to sleep earlier, I think.

maisetofan
05-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Of course! There are many cooler ways to do that, as the most awesome TV series character (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_House) can show.

haha house OWNS XDXDXD

Aninamar
05-22-2009, 07:42 PM
It's never lupus!

Fat1Fared
05-22-2009, 07:44 PM
That's why I created the poll actually. Regardless of whether someone considers homosexuality "right" or "wrong," I thought it was unfair that it be considered a choice. I don't think anyone would choose to be gay just to alienate their family or friends.
I was watching the Tyra Banks show the other day and they had a show about it (I'm not sure if it was a debate or a talk or what, it was poorly run). But some poor kid in the audience talked about how his father beat him up for being gay and one of the anti-gay panelists gave a response to the effect of, Sorry, no one has a right to beat you up for that, but not really, since you choose to be gay. I'm sure they purposely picked douchebags on the conservative panel to make the show more interesting (not many people would watch it if it was civilized), but regardless of one's feelings about homosexuality it's important to recognize that there is no excuse for violence or emotional abuse.

And not all conservatives are douchebags, by the way. I really do think the media sometimes polarizes the issue to make interesting television.

think misunderstood me here, I wasn't going into whether it is choice or natural, I was just saying, how sad it is, that poeple still feel that they would be judged by at lest some poeple, who they know and mabe even hang round with, if/when come out, even today.

maisetofan
05-22-2009, 07:51 PM
It's never lupus!

NOPE never :thatface::thatface:

DaJacksterN
05-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Well guys...I just came out to my father yesterday.

And let me tell you, it went over MUCH better than I thought it would!! :O

He and I were having a talk about homosexuality, and he asked me why Iwas so interested in the topic and defending them. I couldn't think of an answer, so I just sort of sat in the car and was silent. We pulled into an ice crem store and sat out on the patio and he started asking me if it was because I was worried about my own orientation. I answered yes, and he asked me if I'd ever been attracted to a girl. After a lot of beating around the bush I answered yes again.
I almost, almost started tearing up, and I told him I never said anything because I didn't want him to be angry and I wasn't sure what his reaction would be.

And he took my hands and told me he was really proud of me and always would be no matter what, and that no one was perfect. He told me if he could he would give me a magic spell or something so I could be perfect that would be great, but it wasn't reality. He told me he'd love me no matter what and would never put me down or meddle with my own affairs. He mentioned that at this age your hormones mess with you, so he told me not to label myself with any sexual orientation yet. He said if I needed to, I should date both sexes and see if I have a preference, and he would support me and kill anyone who treated me poorly because of it. Then he hugged me and we drove back home.

God, that made me feel so much better. I feel like a HUGE weight was lifted off my chest by telling him, and his acceptance of it...
:)

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-24-2009, 11:56 AM
O.O

Aninamar
05-24-2009, 11:58 AM
"And there was much rejoicing!"

As a "bigot" that I am, I must still admit it was a rather heartwarming story. My most sincere congratulations, Jackster. :D

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-24-2009, 11:59 AM
"And there was much rejoicing!"

As a "bigot" that I am, I must still admit it was a rather heartwarming story. My most sincere congratulations, Jackster. :D
That story just lengthened my fear of coming out *hides in corner*

DarthWario
05-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Congratulations, Jackster.

Though I have not entered into this forum previously, I still give my most heartfelt congrats.

DaJacksterN
05-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys. :3

Aninamar
05-24-2009, 12:08 PM
That story just lengthened my fear of coming out *hides in corner*

From what? You're [EFF!]ing ELEVEN. Which kind of explains why every post you write reassures me in my decision to bury alive my future children if they turn out to be female. When I was your age, I was asexual, and the kids who were holding any interest in other gender weren't even doing anything beyond normal conversation. Don't worry yourself, do things like kids in your age do (I remember developing a glue-sniffing addiction, but later on I switched to markers and caffeine)

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh, you'd be suprised, Anina; my family find out everything about me sooner or later; do not under estimate the power of Hispanics *~*

Aninamar
05-24-2009, 12:14 PM
do not under estimate the power of Hispanics *~*

Si, senorita! L?mite m?ximo de gato relojes que masturbarse, estoy seguro!

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
05-24-2009, 12:18 PM
I dont know spanish, you person; im half black, half Puerto rican. im more interested in the Japanese. the only thing i understand in that sentence is 'Si, senorita?'

Danni I. Sullivan
05-24-2009, 01:55 PM
@ Anina: I've been balancing on being bisexual since around second grade.
It started out with me just switching my preference a few times before I decided I couldn't choose which gender was better.
I've been bisexual for a while, and my family still doesn't know.
>.>
I most likely won't come out to my family until after I move out of the house.

MrsSallyBakura
05-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Well guys...I just came out to my father yesterday.

And let me tell you, it went over MUCH better than I thought it would!! :O

He and I were having a talk about homosexuality, and he asked me why Iwas so interested in the topic and defending them. I couldn't think of an answer, so I just sort of sat in the car and was silent. We pulled into an ice crem store and sat out on the patio and he started asking me if it was because I was worried about my own orientation. I answered yes, and he asked me if I'd ever been attracted to a girl. After a lot of beating around the bush I answered yes again.
I almost, almost started tearing up, and I told him I never said anything because I didn't want him to be angry and I wasn't sure what his reaction would be.

And he took my hands and told me he was really proud of me and always would be no matter what, and that no one was perfect. He told me if he could he would give me a magic spell or something so I could be perfect that would be great, but it wasn't reality. He told me he'd love me no matter what and would never put me down or meddle with my own affairs. He mentioned that at this age your hormones mess with you, so he told me not to label myself with any sexual orientation yet. He said if I needed to, I should date both sexes and see if I have a preference, and he would support me and kill anyone who treated me poorly because of it. Then he hugged me and we drove back home.

God, that made me feel so much better. I feel like a HUGE weight was lifted off my chest by telling him, and his acceptance of it...
:)

I'm really glad it went so well, honestly. It's always good news to hear about someone NOT being hateful towards someone coming out.

All too often you hear about someone coming out to their parents or something and the parents going, "HGDIOSLFNDKLGBUFDLK SINNER!!" It's terrible. You don't have to support gay marriage or something in order to respond to someone's coming out in a loving manner.

If I were homo or bisexual, I'd be afraid of coming out to some of my friends. I think most of them would understand, but some of them are a tad homophobic... I wouldn't be worried so much about their initial reaction as much as maybe what kind of gossip they'd come up with. :/

DaJacksterN
05-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks Sally. :3

MrsSallyBakura
05-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks Sally. :3

You're welcome. :)

Xanadu
07-03-2009, 12:02 AM
From what? You're [EFF!]ing ELEVEN. Which kind of explains why every post you write reassures me in my decision to bury alive my future children if they turn out to be female. When I was your age, I was asexual, and the kids who were holding any interest in other gender weren't even doing anything beyond normal conversation. Don't worry yourself, do things like kids in your age do (I remember developing a glue-sniffing addiction, but later on I switched to markers and caffeine)

When I was 11 kissing was the omg huge thing!
that's as far as I understood things went between the "boyfriends and girlfriends" of my age (and I was probably right)
no one kissed me though, I was too...psychopathic they said

I've come out sparsely to a few people, often just random things that make people go like "wtf" its funny, as people can never see all the sides to me, I keep having something else that no one would guess, its funny. Then again I am strange

Insane
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I have just happily come out as bisexual :)

I can vote in teh poll nao?

AllisonWalker
12-01-2009, 05:51 PM
But, I'm not gay?

Ishikawa Oshro
12-03-2009, 01:35 PM
WHY WONT THIS DISCUSSION DIE!!!!!!!

Insane
12-03-2009, 01:55 PM
'Cause I brought it back

Ishikawa Oshro
12-03-2009, 02:26 PM
insane bringing homos back
YEA!!!

AllisonWalker
12-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Them other gays don't know how to act
YEA!!!

Ishikawa Oshro
12-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I think thats a homo right there behind your back
YEA!!!!

Sechmet
12-03-2009, 02:41 PM
*kicks the non gay guys in the crotch* Seriously. >:V

AllisonWalker
12-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Don't turn around, or he'll miss your ass
Yeah!!!

Ishikawa Oshro
12-03-2009, 02:43 PM

come on sechmet have some fun >.<
I can make fun of straights if thatll make you laugh ..........

I do what i do for the lulz.......

Ishikawa Oshro
12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
TAKE HIM TO THE BED!!!!!!

Insane
12-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Sech...
Please dun kick me...

Ishikawa Oshro
12-03-2009, 02:50 PM

thats not fair
allison wont feel pain :squintyface:

AllisonWalker
12-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Nope!:thatface:

Sechmet
12-03-2009, 04:56 PM
@Insane> You're partly gay, so...

@Ishi> Don't wory, I know how to have fun. But this is the, you know, Serious Discussions subforum. But maybe I'm just a touchy person.

@Allison> *slaps*

AllisonWalker
12-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Y-you hit me!

*slaps back*

Sechmet
12-04-2009, 05:22 PM
So I took an example from Insane and came out to my best friend today. She was really sweet about it and took it very well. I'm planning to tell my parents next this weekend.

@Allison> *bites you in the arm*

AllisonWalker
12-04-2009, 05:24 PM
*punches in the face*

Sechmet
12-04-2009, 05:26 PM
*kicks you in the stomach*

AllisonWalker
12-04-2009, 05:32 PM
*scratches out eyes*

I'm quite sure one of my four best friends is a lesbian. She's going to come out in time.

Spoofs3
12-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Well to stop this IDIOTIC SPAM
I would like to say as my first post in here, I am not afraid to announce my Bisexuality.
Hell, Most of my friends and school knows already, Jokes are made about it, I make jokes about it, assholes try set me up with straight people to see if I will kiss a random guy (Today some guy I hate (Insults, bullying, Stealing my stuff) Asked me to meet (Kiss) His friend, Easily could be told it was fake and even if it wasn't, I wouldn't have :S

But yeah, Still haven't told my parents or siblings, No need to.
If they find out, Meh. I don't feel the need to announce "I prefer personality to what gender they are"
... Also could help I don't really like my mother ^_^

GOGO NON-SPAM

Sechmet
12-05-2009, 04:52 AM
If you don't have a good relationship with your parents then it probably doesn't bother you, but I would feel guilty if I had to lie to them for the rest of my life.

On another note, my friend says that bisexuality is only a stage when you are still undecided and don't know which way you swing. It went like that for me, but people are different. Any opinion?

Ishikawa Oshro
12-05-2009, 06:37 AM
oh god no this 26 page debate is coming back *runs away* and congratz about telling your piers spoof. i know what you mean by not caring what your parents think.

Insane
12-05-2009, 11:38 AM
So I took an example from Insane and came out to my best friend today. She was really sweet about it and took it very well. I'm planning to tell my parents next this weekend.

@Allison> *bites you in the arm*
Awesome!
CONGRATS

I haven't come out to parents yet, but I'm just waiting for the right time.
Well to stop this IDIOTIC SPAM
I would like to say as my first post in here, I am not afraid to announce my Bisexuality.
Hell, Most of my friends and school knows already, Jokes are made about it, I make jokes about it, assholes try set me up with straight people to see if I will kiss a random guy (Today some guy I hate (Insults, bullying, Stealing my stuff) Asked me to meet (Kiss) His friend, Easily could be told it was fake and even if it wasn't, I wouldn't have :S

But yeah, Still haven't told my parents or siblings, No need to.
If they find out, Meh. I don't feel the need to announce "I prefer personality to what gender they are"
... Also could help I don't really like my mother ^_^

GOGO NON-SPAM
It seems my school has been more understanding...
Even the dicks at my school haven't made too many jokes, it seems people have respected that I came out, although, some of the homophobic comments are coming.
If you don't have a good relationship with your parents then it probably doesn't bother you, but I would feel guilty if I had to lie to them for the rest of my life.

On another note, my friend says that bisexuality is only a stage when you are still undecided and don't know which way you swing. It went like that for me, but people are different. Any opinion?

Naw, I'm definitely bisexual, I like both sexes.

loveistears
12-05-2009, 01:23 PM
I think theres nothing wrong with homosexuality. Why say someones going to burn for likeing the same sex. It's you're choice. As long as you're happy nothing else should matter.

loveistears
12-05-2009, 02:43 PM
i have girls hit on me. i dont really enjoy it but it doesnt matter.

loveistears
12-05-2009, 02:50 PM
im sorry. i get hit on by both sexes. but idk. i dont see the big deal.

Fat1Fared
12-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Love, Holy needs to Vindicate his irrational feelings, so he blames the easiest party he can, for his own problems, as easier than admitting, he maybe one with the problem and there maybe reason he has troubles with the girls and gays alike ^_-

Spoofs3
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM

Nah, I consider it not really full time as once you've got a full time partner, Male or female, you can't exactly go back.
But I consider personality much better than what gender you are, so if I find the right person. Obviously I will stick with them, but as long as there are none to love me forever. I am open to both :S

Kanariya674
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM

My mother tells me that all the time. She says, "you're gay, or not gay. You can't be both."

O_o

Other than that, I don't get much hassle. My father doesn't care, and my older sister likes men and women too. I have a good amount of support.

MrsSallyBakura
12-06-2009, 07:56 PM

I think that there is some truth in this, but I doubt that it's only a stage where you don't know what your orientation is.

I would probably wait until you've matured a bit more before you can really decide whether or not you're bi. Because depending on the person, I do feel like some people are legitimately bi but others are just saying that because they honestly don't know.

Fat1Fared
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
I think that there is some truth in this, but I doubt that it's only a stage where you don't know what your orientation is.

I would probably wait until you've matured a bit more before you can really decide whether or not you're bi. Because depending on the person, I do feel like some people are legitimately bi but others are just saying that because they honestly don't know.

-To be fair, you saying this, is like the blind leading the blind, I don't understand bisexuals, but do have anything against them?
=No
-Do I think I know more about their feelings than them?
=No

-How can we as straight poeple, ever truly understand them or make these kinds of judgments, I don't personally think we can, as these things are so...... well personal and subjective, and I trust them to make their own choices and if they truly believe they like both sex's, then I think they know enough about themselves to know so, or they at lest know, enough more than me, for me to leave the judgment in their court, rather override them with my own

MrsSallyBakura
12-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Well I never said that I was an expert... it's just that there are cases where people think that they're bisexual at first but then they're deciding whether or not they actually are... based on some of the things that people say, a few people who are bisexual tend to be more uncertain about their sexuality than people who say that they're gay or lesbian. Homosexuals I think are generally more confident in their sexuality.

This is just something that I've observed. Of course bisexuals are confident in their sexuality too, but not always, you know?

If you are bisexual and you are offended by anything that I've said or you think that I'm wrong, feel free to speak up. But I think that heterosexuals criticizing each other about bisexuality isn't exactly the most accurate argument either...

AllisonWalker
12-06-2009, 11:31 PM
^agreed.

Insane
12-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I am bisexual.
I am immensely confident in my sexuality.
That is all

Ishikawa Oshro
12-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Cant say this any better

What makes people gay? Isn't it just a glitch in the matrix? You know, kinda like deja vu.

I just think it happens because of some wiring in the brain gone funny. I think that the intended purpose of the sex drive was to procreate but of course, nothing is perfect so some end up a little differently than others. And who is to say that being straight is perfect and that being gay is not perfect, that is not my intention. I'm just saying that by evolution, straight is the intended result for a brain for procreation purposes.

However there are some younger people who do experiment when they are in highschool/college with the same sex for whatever reason and they might end up liking it.

In the end, I think the main cause is genetic but there are other environmental issues that might allow someone who is straight to enjoy being gay/bi.

I mean its not a disease or anything!!!

=o

DarthWario
12-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I am pretty certain at this point that i'm a bisexual.

A few of my freinds know, but I am a little concerned about telling my parents. So I won't, at this point.

Just saying because i've never actually said in this thread before.

Fat1Fared
12-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Well I never said that I was an expert... it's just that there are cases where people think that they're bisexual at first but then they're deciding whether or not they actually are... based on some of the things that people say, a few people who are bisexual tend to be more uncertain about their sexuality than people who say that they're gay or lesbian. Homosexuals I think are generally more confident in their sexuality.

This is just something that I've observed. Of course bisexuals are confident in their sexuality too, but not always, you know?

If you are bisexual and you are offended by anything that I've said or you think that I'm wrong, feel free to speak up. But I think that heterosexuals criticizing each other about bisexuality isn't exactly the most accurate argument either...

-Well ignoring Holy's comment, which as per-normal completely missed the point of everyone else's comments, I actually was not critising you par-say, because my point was not to actually infer that you were wrong or right, but to say that in my opinion, I believe that those who are bisexual are ones who are in my opinion, better placed to make a judgment of what bisexually actually is and though I do not personally know, it may actually be that some Bisexuals agree with you, that they are not actually attracted to both sex's, they are merely not yet sure which sex they find attractive

PS Notice how the majority of the Bisexuals on this site are British boys lol

Ishikawa Oshro
12-07-2009, 01:06 PM
-Well ignoring Holy's comment, which as per-normal completely missed the point of everyone else's comments, I actually was not critising you par-say, because my point was not to actually infer that you were wrong or right, but to say that in my opinion, I believe that those who are bisexual are ones who are in my opinion, better placed to make a judgment of what bisexually actually is and though I do not personally know, it may actually be that some Bisexuals agree with you, that they are not actually attracted to both sex's, they are merely not yet sure which sex they find attractive

PS Notice how the majority of the Bisexuals on this site are British boys lol

not entirely id have to disagree with your opinion here.
Id better phrase it as only a select few bi-sexuals would be better versed in understanding the feelings of a full fledged bi-sexual. Seeing as bi-sexuals arent always even sure there bi-sexual there just trying what they *feel* is right. The body is easily confused and after certain circumstances your body opens up in conjungction to different events. after a party some people feel hyped to do something else afterwards, some are tired out, and the list goes on. the same can be said about homosexuality. Throughout the phases of your life we as humans go through emotions, and changes and out body adapts to those changes. So a bi-sexual as holy stated some thread ago that certain bisexual may only be confused and may not truly understand what being homosexual is and what the hate towards them breeds and makes them feel seeing as certain homosexuals are more hated than others as well as bi's.

Women naturally are liked wether there bi/gay but that is classified also. If the woman dresses and appears to look like a gay/bi man then they are more discriminated than per say a regular good looking woman who is bi/gay.

bi/gay Men are naturally hated by the mass populas of men because men see it as not appealing to discuss or listen to their endeavours with their partner.

And then it all depends on how that homosexual/Bi acts that will influence how much hate or love they get. Look at american runner up (I forget his name...some thing lambert) Verses per say Elton John.
Elton is widely loved because many people diddent even know he had homosexual affilations yet since adam lambert is so open his hate fanbase will be broader and.

I think anyone can help someone else out espically when it comes to homosexuality you just have to put yourself in their boots. Someone whos never been accepted by their parents because they were born midly crippled (as in a part of their body not working) could speak with a homosexual about their acceptance issues.

Fat1Fared
12-07-2009, 02:05 PM
not entirely id have to disagree with your opinion here.
Id better phrase it as only a select few bi-sexuals would be better versed in understanding the feelings of a full fledged bi-sexual. Seeing as bi-sexuals arent always even sure there bi-sexual there just trying what they *feel* is right. The body is easily confused and after certain circumstances your body opens up in conjungction to different events. after a party some people feel hyped to do something else afterwards, some are tired out, and the list goes on. the same can be said about homosexuality. Throughout the phases of your life we as humans go through emotions, and changes and out body adapts to those changes. So a bi-sexual as holy stated some thread ago that certain bisexual may only be confused and may not truly understand what being homosexual is and what the hate towards them breeds and makes them feel seeing as certain homosexuals are more hated than others as well as bi's.

Women naturally are liked wether there bi/gay but that is classified also. If the woman dresses and appears to look like a gay/bi man then they are more discriminated than per say a regular good looking woman who is bi/gay.

bi/gay Men are naturally hated by the mass populas of men because men see it as not appealing to discuss or listen to their endeavours with their partner.

And then it all depends on how that homosexual/Bi acts that will influence how much hate or love they get. Look at american runner up (I forget his name...some thing lambert) Verses per say Elton John.
Elton is widely loved because many people diddent even know he had homosexual affilations yet since adam lambert is so open his hate fanbase will be broader and.

I think anyone can help someone else out espically when it comes to homosexuality you just have to put yourself in their boots. Someone whos never been accepted by their parents because they were born midly crippled (as in a part of their body not working) could speak with a homosexual about their acceptance issues.

This is why the english languages confers to have different meanings between different Words

1=Better
2=Right

-The first implies they have higher chance of success, but not a complete statistical levy, the second implies an absolute, this is why in my use of the english language, I used the word better because this shows that when, it is constued correctly, I'm accepting that sally's opinion will have some validity to it, but the Bisexuals will have a higher validity to theirs, while it still allows the room that ether are completely right or wrong.

Ishikawa Oshro
12-07-2009, 02:16 PM
This is why the english languages confers to have different meanings between different Words

1=Better
2=Right

-The first implies they have higher chance of success, but not a complete statistical levy, the second implies an absolute, this is why in my use of the english language, I used the word better because this shows that when, it is constued correctly, I'm accepting that sally's opinion will have some validity to it, but the Bisexuals will have a higher validity to theirs, while it still allows the room that ether are completely right or wrong.

^_^
Nothing to say to that really.
It is what it is

t
EDIT: Though if I really were to per say bank off this the Bisexuals will have a higher validity to theirs I could clearly state my meaning.

But work is busy again and my time is limited here ^_^

Fat1Fared
12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I could clearly state my meaning.

But work is busy again and my time is limited here ^_^

I did actually know what you meant, and my point was simply that ether side is right or wrong "par-say," just that one side is in a better position to make a more valid judgment (in my opinion)

Ishikawa Oshro
12-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I did actually know what you meant, and my point was simply that ether side is right or wrong "par-say," just that one side is in a better position to make a more valid judgment (in my opinion)

"in my opinion"
ALL LIES!!!!!
lolz just messin.....or am I?!?!?!
I get the jist of what your saying. ^_^

Fat1Fared
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM
"in my opinion"
ALL LIES!!!!!
lolz just messin.....or am I?!?!?!
I get the jist of what your saying. ^_^

so we all agree that everyone is right and no one is wrong, on our current merited status, based opinions, because...errrr wait, I don't even remember how this started, maybe we should restart the whole thing :thatface:

PS plus 2 poeple coming to a somewhat acceptable conclusion on here, is that like a mericale or something?

Insane
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Ima tell my parents on Wednesday morning

Ishikawa Oshro
12-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Ima tell my parents on Wednesday morning

You know doing things on impulse isent always bad either!!!

that is how half of americas poplulation came to be. Impulsive actions!!!!!

EDIT: Where were my manners hehehe.
Hope all goes well by the way.

Insane
12-07-2009, 03:08 PM
I has a simple plan, and I don't even have to talk.

Ishikawa Oshro
12-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I has a simple plan, and I don't even have to talk.

So I try to hold onto a time when nothing mattered
And I can't explain what happened
And I can't erase the things that I've done
No I can't

Aninamar
12-07-2009, 05:30 PM
If I was gay, I'd choose the April of 1st.
"Mom, dad! I'm hetero! April Fools!"

Epic win right on the spot.

Spoofs3
12-07-2009, 06:02 PM

Nah, My idea is much better
Walk right up to your parents with the guy by your side...
"MOM, DAD! Hi! This is the guy who's been shoving his cock up my ass every weekend for the past while."
And wait for the reaction ^_^

Aninamar
12-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Use the word "cornhole (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnSNJ3nZ8TA)"!

OverMind
12-07-2009, 06:41 PM

You give 'em that little bit of hope that you might be "normal". And then you take it away.

Emotional abuse is the best way to hurt someone without a knife.

Spoofs3
12-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Just asking, Is there any way that you can tell somebody is Bisexual? :S (Serious question for serious needs :S)

MrsSallyBakura
12-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Just asking, Is there any way that you can tell somebody is Bisexual? :S (Serious question for serious needs :S)

Good question...

I personally decided that I wasn't going to "guess" if people were gay, straight, or bi unless it was super obvious.

OverMind
12-20-2009, 01:08 AM

... Huh?

Are you asking if there are any indicators on a person which act as definite, infallible evidence for a specific sexual orientation?

Think about that for a moment.

ThePRPD
12-26-2009, 10:06 AM

Their actions and if they say they are.

Aninamar
12-26-2009, 11:06 AM

Ask him about his favourite D&D alignment. If he says True Neutral, he is.

"I'm True Neutral. I go both ways."

Spoofs3
12-26-2009, 05:13 PM
... Huh?

Are you asking if there are any indicators on a person which act as definite, infallible evidence for a specific sexual orientation?

Think about that for a moment.

yes, I know it sounds pretty damn stupid :P
I already thought of it, Way too much in fact but I would like others advice. If you believe it is a stupid question, Good for you so do I. But negetivity is not helpful :S

PegasusJCrawford
01-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm ab...solutely TERRIFIED to tell my dad, its giving me goose bumps right now thinking about it...

You could probably imagine why I think Pegasus is amazing...he looks like a chick...

pasiphae9
01-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Personally, I've never had any romantic/sexual experiences. EVER. Never even been kissed. It's not a lack of people asking me out, more that no one I've wanted to date has done so.

But I have had crushes, on both men and women. So if someone asks, I refer to myself as bisexual. I would never have a problem whatever sexuality I was. My friends are open-minded(hence why we are friends) and if my family don't accept it...tough luck. I've never been particularly close to them anyway.

Whoopwhoop for first post?

OverMind
01-25-2010, 12:52 AM
For the lulz ...

http://www.yahoolaughs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/gay.jpg

Koneko-Chan-Nya
01-25-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm really not sure of my sexuality right now, of course, I'm pretty young.
I mostly just say that I'm Pomosexual. Yes, that is a real word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomosexual

Also, I'm a bit of a girlfag. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girlfags_and_guydykes

AsteriskRocks
01-25-2010, 06:58 AM
For the lulz ...

http://www.yahoolaughs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/gay.jpg

lol

PegasusJCrawford
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm really not sure of my sexuality right now, of course, I'm pretty young.
I mostly just say that I'm Pomosexual. Yes, that is a real word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomosexual

Also, I'm a bit of a girlfag. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girlfags_and_guydykes

I also like what is said at the end of the origin of Pomosexual.

Andrologist Sudhakar Krishnamurthy stated he felt it is more of a fad or lifestyle label; he states "It is now fashionable to belong to a new category. As far as pomosexuality goes, the fad is about not believing in any of the compartmentalisations."

I'm not saying this applies to you, but I can totally see where this guy is coming from when he says this.

Arkanoodles
01-26-2010, 02:20 AM
In my opinion this whole hate against homosexuality would be so avoidable if people just realized that no matter how much they hate it, it will never go away. And if you find it repulsive, just look the other way.

Arkanoodles
01-26-2010, 02:33 AM

That's rather logical. I agree.
And pretty simple.
But impossible to happen.

Arkanoodles
01-26-2010, 02:42 AM
The hate will never go away. All you can hope to do is try to change people around you and live a happy life. (:

Arkanoodles
01-26-2010, 09:44 AM
I didn't mean to say for you to force your opinions, just to share them with others, I just put it a more direct way. We have opinions and we want people to think like us, that's exactly why we have this Serious Discussion category, in the first place. Even if we know that people won't change because of the things we say, deep inside we really want them to. But what you can't do it's just start bashing on something you don't like for no reason, or to hate somebody because they don't think like you.

Yoshimori
01-26-2010, 01:31 PM
you know what's difficult telling poeple if youre handicapped. some poeple have the idea or so it seems to me at least that it strange for handicapped people to think on a sexual level, some even seem to find it wrong for some reason

it drive's me utterly MAD, MAD I TELL YOU, HAHAHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA
(lauging insanely)

or maybe i just know narrow minded poeple. probably

Arkanoodles
01-27-2010, 11:03 PM
you know what's difficult telling poeple if youre handicapped. some poeple have the idea or so it seems to me at least that it strange for handicapped people to think on a sexual level, some even seem to find it wrong for some reason

it drive's me utterly MAD, MAD I TELL YOU, HAHAHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA
(lauging insanely)

or maybe i just know narrow minded poeple. probably

uh, okay... Any thoughts on homosexuality this time?

Yellow
01-27-2010, 11:12 PM
A lot of people who dislike gays feel that way because of the bible,
No. The Bible says to love everyone.
People who dislike gay people feel that way because they choose to, not because a book told them. (If they were following it they wouldn't have any ill feelings towards any group of people.)

AllisonWalker
01-27-2010, 11:21 PM
People who dislike gay people feel that way because they choose to, not because a book told them. (If they were following it they wouldn't have any ill feelings towards any group of people.)

^this

Yellow
01-28-2010, 04:04 AM
AS VOICED BY DAN GREEN: It's time to duel!!!
*cough*
Who says all Christians are from the South?

Yellow
01-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Oh, as long as you are saying Bad Christians are only from the South, then I am happy at your optimism in regards to the state of corruption in Christianity.
I wish they were only confined to the back roads of the South....

Yellow
01-28-2010, 04:18 AM
I'm getting confused who's debating what now.
I think that real Christians who follow the Bible correctly aren't against gay people or any other group because hate is against the Bible.
I thought you thought that Christians by default hate gay people because of the Bible, however I'm arguing they hate them because of their bad choices.
But now I have no idea what you're debating with.

Yellow
01-28-2010, 04:27 AM
No, they disagree with whats on the Bible, Christians by default are supposed to follow the Holy text they read, thus those who ignore the main principle of Christianity, which is "love", aren't real Christians and are giving other Christians a bad name, which means many people who would've been saved are slipping through the cracks.
And then while the lost souls are drifting, they carefully pick and choose verses from the Bible that support their xenophobic or homophobic beliefs and hide behind those. That isn't ignorance. Ignorance would be not knowing what is going on and not seeking a higher truth because you don't there is one. But these people choose to disregard the Bible and hide behind verses they like.
I am forgiving, I don't hate them, but that does not make me like them.

Fat1Fared
01-28-2010, 06:28 AM

is this sarcasm or do you really make peter griffin look smart? ^_-

I'm debating that not all Christians are "real" Christians, as you put it. There are some Christians that are full of hate. They are still real Christians and we shouldn't call them fake, or even insinuate that. They may not share your ideals, but calling them fake isn't quite right.

Well up to this is what i would say, but I would change ending to, when you have something best purely on faith, always going to base itself on their interpretation of the world more than thing believe in, as not much else for them to go on, because thing believe in, is just ill-defined opinion as well, so...

=You only read the bible as thing of love because you choose too, poeple like a user of this site, read it as book which spreads hate, because they too, choose to interpretate its words in that way.
=I personally look at it, as a mis-translated and needless thing which merely causes debates about whether it is right in what it says, when no one knows what it says because construing something so badly defined by itself, in one way only is impossible, because so many ways can read it and a lot of them do not spread love and joy to the world

And so to say that those who follow it in way different to you are wrong, through the parallel of how you came to that conclusion makes you invariably wrong and ignorant as well

Yellow
01-28-2010, 07:10 AM
is this sarcasm or do you really make peter griffin look smart? ^_-
Ouch. Moving on...
Well up to this is what i would say, but I would change ending to, when you have something best purely on faith, always going to base itself on their interpretation of the world more than thing believe in, as not much else for them to go on, because thing believe in, is just ill-defined opinion as well, so...

=You only read the bible as thing of love because you choose too, poeple like a user of this site, read it as book which spreads hate, because they too, choose to interpretate its words in that way.
=I personally look at it, as a mis-translated and needless thing which merely causes debates about whether it is right in what it says, when no one knows what it says because construing something so badly defined by itself, in one way only is impossible, because so many ways can read it and a lot of them do not spread love and joy to the world

And so to say that those who follow it in way different to you are wrong, through the parallel of how you came to that conclusion makes you invariably wrong and ignorant as well
Well if you are following you're own argument, then you agree that I interpret other's interpretations as hypocritical to the faith they follow, and that the other interpretations are not interpretations of the text but manipulations of it, therefore your argument is self-terminating. Because if you say that everything is subject to interpretations and there is no right answer, then I disagree with that interpretation, and because I disagree and have a different interpretation it means, according to you, we are both equally right. However if we are both equally right, then that is a paradox, as I don't believe your interpretation is correct as you do, and because the interpretations are equal to each other and can both be right, then that philosophy doesn't exist.
Therefore your argument is non-existent using your philosophy.

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Follow Jesus and you'll never go wrong.

Don't hate others.

:D

Yellow
01-28-2010, 09:33 AM
^ *claps* You win.

Fat1Fared
01-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Follow Jesus and you'll never go wrong.

Don't hate others.

:D

yes as Jesus was never one to rock the boat or cause trouble for others <facepalm>

Ouch. Moving on...

-Don't worry too much, I was just messing with you, but that was silly thing to say, now onto the serious stuff

Well if you are following you're own argument, then you agree that I interpret other's interpretations as hypocritical to the faith they follow, and that the other interpretations are not interpretations of the text but manipulations of it, therefore your argument is self-terminating.

-But that is not what I said, I said your interpretation of text is just that, and so is their's, I was not actually giving ether side anymore credit than the other, because there is no objective basis to say who right or wrong, meaning neither side is, there just believing what they want too.

=Now if you really wanted to twist my logic in a way, that actually stops it working, ally it to the basis that my own logic runs through its own basis of being an interpretation of other substantive points, however there is 1 key point I could bring up here

1=This would by proving my logic in-substantive, actually by the omissions being made, prove the logic itself correct, because it shows everything comes down to the interpretation of the subject matter at hand, not the subjective matter itself and so then leads on my logic being fact, but if it is fact, it then proves itself wrong, which then will lead back to proving it right again, and so end up running after own tail for few hours without finding any sort of answer, so point is, in things like this, there is no right or wrong, only interpretation and that is what you have, your interpretation, nothing more, nothing less

Because if you say that everything is subject to interpretations and there is no right answer, then I disagree with that interpretation, and because I disagree and have a different interpretation it means, according to you, we are both equally right.

-The reason I broke this up is, because I wanted to show you the point and then show you how you misunderstood it, you are still looking for the right answer, but when looking at things without a definable truth, there is no right or wrong, however you will never accept that this can be true, because in your interpretation, it will devalue your beliefs and add value to someone else's, who you consider wrong and you cannot accept that, as your beleifs don't actually come down to truth, they come down to faith and so to you, the second you question the truth of faith, you lose it, so in that regard it is easier to just judge others as wrong and place yourself as in position of truth, without any actual truth to back you up, other than the belief your interpretation of truth is right one.

However if we are both equally right, then that is a paradox, as I don't believe your interpretation is correct as you do, and because the interpretations are equal to each other and can both be right, then that philosophy doesn't exist.
Therefore your argument is non-existent using your philosophy.

And now we move onto the final point, the evidence that you believe this, not much to add here, other than point, I actually answered all this before read what put in the quote, to prove I could guess what you would do, and guess what , I guessed right (I merely had to edit few things like the starts to make run more coherently)

So in conclusion

-You misunderstood the point I was making in way guessed you would and then came to conclusion I knew you would, in order to prove it wrong, when actually proving completely different point wrong. (now before say, what about how I interpetate your words, well I'm the actual first writer here, so I have precedent over my meaning, my logic is based on when poeple interpretating other poeples words, not there own)

=This is because this all comes down to words and the exact same sentence will have million different meaning to the different poeple reading it, I have seen murderer cases won, just on the basis of someone proving their interpretation of single word is what should be accepted one.
-Linking this back to homosexuality, one of the users of this site, Ish brought up the passage which is used to say homosexuality is wrong and I then showed him just how easy it was to change that passage to (without changing any words) say it was right, and this leads onto another point, your interpretation is actually the interpretation of a interpretation of a translation of a translations interpretation of an interpretation...etc

=See point making here, your not even reading the first one, your reading one which has been retranslated (which means only got what translator interpretates as correct words to go on and his use of words maybe different to another translators use of words) and interpretated so many times, that going to massively different to first writers believes. This is why Christian faith is so fragmented and broken, because so many ways to take it and you have only taken one of those fagments and decided it is right one, but why? what makes your fagment view more correct than others? because
-Parsents say it is?
-Because your church says it is?

=They still just suffer from same problems, so need to look elsewhere for reason for you to be right and what is that reason, simply there is not one, unless admit comes down to simple fact you believe it is right one, because that is what you interpetated as, without any other cause than those are meanings you got from the words involved

MrsSallyBakura
01-28-2010, 11:26 AM
I personally look at it, as a mis-translated

Stopping right thar.

Not to get severely off-topic, as this post only exists as a one-time sort of thing that doesn't need to be extended into a debate...

1. There are many, many, many translations of the Bible.
2. If you want a pure 'translation' of the Bible, learn Hebrew and Greek. Or find a friend who already knows it. It's true that words get lost in translation, which is why it's important for Biblical scholars to learn what the original text said.

Moving onto the initial point of this thread...

Fat1Fared
01-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Stopping right thar.

Not to get severely off-topic, as this post only exists as a one-time sort of thing that doesn't need to be extended into a debate...

1. There are many, many, many translations of the Bible.
2. If you want a pure 'translation' of the Bible, learn Hebrew and Greek. Or find a friend who already knows it. It's true that words get lost in translation, which is why it's important for Biblical scholars to learn what the original text said.

Moving onto the initial point of this thread...

<starts to speak, then decides if someone could make 2 points which are:-

1=completely irreverent to my actual point,

2=Completely misses my actual point in very shape and form, so badly it actually creates a paradox to try and link it to my point in anyway

-that they clearly never going to bother actually looking at point I make in any fair way, as they will never want to read it because of the clear repercussions it will have to their ideas of right and wrongs of their faith, so easier to for them to just ignore it>

PS Sally if you want these threads to go back on act, reopen the religion thread

PegasusJCrawford
01-28-2010, 01:24 PM
....This thread is getting way off topic...I think the discussion is about how homosexuals deal with their sexuality on a day to day bases, this is definately not what people have been talking about for the past page or so...

Of course that doesn't stop people from getting into the typical "Bible" discussion. There's another thread for this stuff.

I thought if someone made a specific topic and title for the thread would be good enough, but obviously some have a hard time getting away from it. I know that there are religious aspects that some homosexuals deal with...but thats not what people seem to be talking about.

I would also like to mention the very first post on the description of the thread:

This isn't a debate thread, there are other threads for that. I just thought it would be nice to discuss topics relating to homosexuality, whether it's coping with family or dealing with stereotypes or simply posting personal experiences. Questions are fine too.

I don't want anyone to feel bad or upset in this forum, so no mean remarks. :(

For once in this forum can we PLEASE stay on topic....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For instance...something I'm personally dealing with is my mom knowing that I'm gay but no one else (except the entire internet of course).
Its becoming annoying because every time I say I'm going to hang out with friends she thinks I'm going on a date, but i'm just hanging out with friends. I really don't want to tell my dad or my sisters, but she's constantly pressuring me to do so. She always says "You shouldn't wait to long, I'm sure it'll be better for you to tell them sooner than later"
I really regret saying soemthing to her because I'm not even that close with her, and she's a VERY big gossiper, so I feel like she'll have a hard time not telling anyone...

PegasusJCrawford
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
If you could tell her, you can tell the rest of your family.

If they hate you, then they'll hate you no matter when you tell them. Would you rather them like a 'fake' you instead of who you really are?

You're their daughter. They won't do anything wrong. They'll love you anyway. Your mother does, why not your father or sisters?

I guess...but my mom is much more understanding person, and my dad bashes gays all the time, and my sisters are very awkward.
If they do hate me after I tell them, I'd rather tell them later because that way the hate me less for longer.
I dunno maybe one day.

Yellow
01-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Is discussing personal experiences with being asexual on-topic or no?

PegasusJCrawford
01-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Is discussing personal experiences with being asexual on-topic or no?

I'm sure if its some sort of struggle concerning coming to terms with your sexuality it will gladly be discussed.

PegasusJCrawford
01-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Personally, I'd rather them hate me for who I am than like me for who I'm not.

But go ahead and pretend to be someone you're not. You're a different person than me. You have your own preferences.

I'm not pretending, if I were pretending I would be all over men and telling them I like men, but I don't do that. If they were to seriously ask me as a family if I were gay then I'd tell them. I don't feel like its that big of a deal that'd I'd have to sit everyone down and tell them, I don't feel like I'm hiding it as much as people are not asking me. The reaosn I told my mom is because she asked.

...I would like to tell you something about yourself that I'm not sure you realise or not, I don't know if its intentional...but you instigate certain things and provoke a negative emotion from people when you say stuff.

Especially when you said:
"But go head and pretend to be someone you're not"
Because you said that it took away the whole understanding aspect of the responce, you just made it sound like you automatically judged me based on a few sentences. I don't know if you meant to or not...but your word choice sometimes isn't always appropriate for certain situations. And I'm not basing it alone on that statement, I can think of some other times you've done the same thing...

Yellow
01-28-2010, 02:14 PM
OK, then. Well like I mentioned I believe I'm asexual (not interested in sex, not against it that'd be antisexual), because I'm postpubescent yet the concept of sex disgusts me. Like "Eww, throw up that's gross" disgust not "I disagree with that!" disgust. I just don't see the appeal. You work rather hard and go through the dating culture, then you engage in things I find disgusting, risking disease and a possible lifetime commitment and duty to a child, for a few seconds of joy. That just...don't make sense to me.
I'm not sure why exactly I find the concept of myself practicing sex disgusting, but its kind of difficult. My dad thinks I'm gay because I'm not dating anyone and I supposedly practice mannerisms of the opposite sex (so he says), and my mom thinks that I'm stuck up because of my rejecting everyone that asks me on a date (how she knows of my dating habits I don't, nor do I want, to know) so I have no idea what to tell the them.
It's fun bitching about life~

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Fared, you are all sorts of wrong.

Yellow, how old are you? I wasn't really interested in sexuality until I turned 18.

Yellow
01-28-2010, 03:05 PM
17 or so~
More statements should end with a squiggle~

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Then no worries. If you're asexual, whatever. Sex isn't everything. Maybe you're just maturing more slowly than others in your age group, which isn't a bad thing. No sex= no babies.

Yellow
01-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Or diseases. Or people. You are probably right, I think the real reason is because I don't really like people all that much. I'm more than likely not asexual, just misanthropic.
That only raises more questions.

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Eh, I'm not a big people person too, but I don't see myself being alone for the rest of my live, or not enjoying sex. :v

Yellow
01-28-2010, 03:36 PM
I see myself being alone for the rest of my life. YAY! :D

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 03:51 PM
D;

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

People weren't meant to be alone!

OverMind
01-28-2010, 03:57 PM
*ahem*

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

That is all.

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Eh?

ThePRPD
01-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Eh?
This.

PegasusJCrawford
01-28-2010, 04:41 PM
*ahem*

That is all.

how does that apply to anything...O_o

Fat1Fared
01-28-2010, 10:03 PM
For instance...something I'm personally dealing with is my mom knowing that I'm gay but no one else (except the entire internet of course).
Its becoming annoying because every time I say I'm going to hang out with friends she thinks I'm going on a date, but i'm just hanging out with friends. I really don't want to tell my dad or my sisters, but she's constantly pressuring me to do so. She always says "You shouldn't wait to long, I'm sure it'll be better for you to tell them sooner than later"
I really regret saying soemthing to her because I'm not even that close with her, and she's a VERY big gossiper, so I feel like she'll have a hard time not telling anyone...

-Peg, though you maybe frustrated at your Mum's misunderstandings about you, remember that you are lucky to have a Mum who is at least trying to understand you, I know a lot of parents who not even bother to do that

=With your sisters and Father, well I don't know you or your situation well enough to truly give you any advise, but I would say that you should not do anything till you feel ready to.

OK, then. Well like I mentioned I believe I'm asexual (not interested in sex, not against it that'd be antisexual), because I'm postpubescent yet the concept of sex disgusts me. Like "Eww, throw up that's gross" disgust not "I disagree with that!" disgust. I just don't see the appeal. You work rather hard and go through the dating culture, then you engage in things I find disgusting, risking disease and a possible lifetime commitment and duty to a child, for a few seconds of joy. That just...don't make sense to me.
I'm not sure why exactly I find the concept of myself practicing sex disgusting, but its kind of difficult. My dad thinks I'm gay because I'm not dating anyone and I supposedly practice mannerisms of the opposite sex (so he says), and my mom thinks that I'm stuck up because of my rejecting everyone that asks me on a date (how she knows of my dating habits I don't, nor do I want, to know) so I have no idea what to tell the them.
It's fun bitching about life~

The problem with sex is, that it gets a lot more press than really needs and this is not helped by ether media who make it out to be only thing worth living for or religions who make it out to be some special and meaningful thing, or even groups who make out to be evil, when really sex is a very nice experience which is more than worth doing, but not worth putting on a pedastool, and I am on about sex here not love, which is very different thing and truth is, I have come to stage in my life where I think I would give up sex if I could finally find a girl I could actually correct with on deeper level and actually finally be able to trust someone emotionally,

=Basically my point is, do not fear sex (or its risks, as anything worth doing has risks) but don't be stupid with it ether and you are right there are other things to life worth more

(PS a few seconds of joy, I suspect most girls hope give more than few seconds :thatface: )

*ahem*

That is all.

for those who are confused by this, he is making an ironic innuendo

PS Allison I'm only wrong in interpretation of the matter, which kind of the point if you understand what I'm saying

OverMind
01-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Clearly, the comedic genius of the RvB creators is lost on all of you.

Church: No, man, she's just my girlfriend. You know, we were gonna get married, but I got shipped out, and, ah, you know how it works.
Tucker: Oh, well, are you gonna marry her when you get back?
Caboose: I'm not gonna get married. My dad always said, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"
Church: Hey rookie, did you just call my girlfriend a cow?
Tucker: No man, I think he just called her a slut.

For those that still don't get it, kindly remove yourself from the gene pool.

kthx.

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I get what you're saying, but that's not why people get married.

Fared, Jesus was a rebel, but he was not a hater.

OverMind
01-28-2010, 10:19 PM
I get what you're saying, but that's not why people get married.

Fared, Jesus was a rebel, but he was not a hater.

Oh, is it because of true love?

Hah. Hahaha. Hahahahahahahahaha.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't believe in true love. Don't be an ass.

OverMind
01-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Halofag comedy?

Meanwhile, on the redvsblue.com forums:

Poster A: Clearly, the comic genius of LittleKuriboh is lost on all of you.

Poster B: Yu-GAY-oh comedy?

OverMind
01-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Don't mock love.

You're not the boss of me.

True love doesn't exist. It's just not realistic.

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Love is true.

True love is...eh.

But you assumed I believed in true love. And I do not.

OverMind
01-28-2010, 11:14 PM
But you assumed I believed in true love. And I do not.

I didn't assume anything.

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 11:15 PM
I didn't assume anything.

Yes, you did.

OverMind
01-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Your honor, I present to you exhibit A:

Oh, is it because of true love?

Let the record show that the question mark clearly indicates that the above remark was not an assumption, but a question.

Your witness.

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 11:21 PM
There was no other reason for saying something stupid like that, and then laughing about it afterwards unless it was meant to be an insult.

OverMind
01-28-2010, 11:25 PM
There was no other reason for saying something stupid like that, and then laughing about it afterwards unless it was meant to be an insult.

I'm not sure how you can feel insulted when we clearly agree on the issue.

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 11:26 PM
That you would assume because I believe in marriage that means I believe in true love.

Anyways, going back to homosexuals...

OverMind
01-28-2010, 11:38 PM
That you would assume because I believe in marriage that means I believe in true love.

Well, like I said, I didn't assume anything. I'd never use the straw-man methodology of arguing against anyone.

On a final note, I actually agree with you. No one marries for the same reason, everyone's got their own reasons.

Most, I presume, do it because it seems like the right thing to do. He/She may not be the love of your life, but you two get along, he/she is not too ugly and, most important of all, you might avoid dying alone after all.

AllisonWalker
01-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Trufax.

OverMind
01-28-2010, 11:54 PM
But, to say that is somehow destiny? Laughable.

OverMind
01-29-2010, 01:59 AM
Love and logic don't mix.

True love is... well, when/if it happens to you, then you'll know. It's hard to explain.

Indeed, it's difficult to justify things that don't actually exist.

Yellow
01-29-2010, 05:25 AM
The problem with sex is, that it gets a lot more press than really needs and this is not helped by ether media who make it out to be only thing worth living for or religions who make it out to be some special and meaningful thing, or even groups who make out to be evil, when really sex is a very nice experience which is more than worth doing, but not worth putting on a pedastool, and I am on about sex here not love, which is very different thing and truth is, I have come to stage in my life where I think I would give up sex if I could finally find a girl I could actually correct with on deeper level and actually finally be able to trust someone emotionally,

=Basically my point is, do not fear sex (or its risks, as anything worth doing has risks) but don't be stupid with it ether and you are right there are other things to life worth more
Well I don't fear it, I just think the concept is disgusting.
Most, I presume, do it because it seems like the right thing to do. He/She may not be the love of your life, but you two get along, he/she is not too ugly and, most important of all, you might avoid dying alone after all.
Why is dying alone something to avoid. Top reasons why dying alone or being alone is good:
1. No responsibilities to someone else.
2. Have peace in your own home.
3. No one will be sad when you die, thus less sorrow will be wrought with your death.
4. Less arguements.
5. More affluence, less work.
6. More of everything really.
7. Can make one's own decisions.
8. Reduces the chance of letting someone down.
9. Reduces the change of getting a divorce.
10. No children or the possibility of children.
11. No in-laws.
12. No spending money on the wedding.
13. No spending money on the divorce.
14. No spending money on a ring, or bands.
15. No possibility of having your partner die on you.
16. No possibility of having your child die on you.
17. No possibility of having your partner's parents die, making you relive your eventual parent's deaths.
18. More room to yourself on the bed.
19. Eccentric hobbies would not be criticized.
20. You're alone. What's wrong with that?
That's my reasoning why dying alone is awesome.

By the way, true love is an empty term used by people who don't know how to express how they feel. Its a blanket word, and those kind of watered down words needn't be used.

AllisonWalker
01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
All I see is lack of maturity and fear.

Underling
01-29-2010, 02:06 PM
How about you cynical cunts get back on topic.

Yellow
01-29-2010, 02:25 PM
All I see is lack of maturity and fear.
That is all I see as well. I completely agree, when would have to be pretty messed up and pathetic to be bragging about the joys of dying alone. I'm sure someone could come up with a bigger list of why companionship is a good thing. As well, if you are alone and don't make friends you are selfishly taking your possible companionship and loving from someone else, which is not fair. The original poster of that list can go to hell for all I care.

Koneko-Chan-Nya
01-29-2010, 02:57 PM

I agree. For once.

OverMind
01-29-2010, 05:54 PM

Since Underling seems so adamant, let's talk about cottaging (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottaging).

Koneko-Chan-Nya
01-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Since Underling seems so adamant, let's talk about cottaging (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottaging).

The other day I had just came back from a trip to the mountains, and at the resturaunt we went to two guys were making out in front of the mens bathroom, went in, and locked the door.

Does that count?

Aninamar
01-29-2010, 06:29 PM

I have a ton of experience with it.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/6066/civ4screenshot0082dx1.jpg (http://img388.imageshack.us/i/civ4screenshot0082dx1.jpg/)

*mischievious smile*

sextatious13
03-05-2010, 12:14 AM
This thread is relevant to my interests in men. And I am a man.

Today I got told that I was going to create AIDS because of my homosexuality.
It was pretty interesting to hear about how "Being gay causes AIDS."

sextatious13
03-05-2010, 12:19 AM
18. More room to yourself on the bed.
19. Eccentric hobbies would not be criticized.
20. You're alone. What's wrong with that?

I don't necessarily want to die alone.

But theses reasons, especially 18 are are reasons why I feel like Im meant to be alone/dont want to be in a relationship with the same person forever.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
03-05-2010, 03:08 PM
The other day I had just came back from a trip to the mountains, and at the resturaunt we went to two guys were making out in front of the mens bathroom, went in, and locked the door.

Does that count?

Were they good-looking, like Junjou Romantica material? >.>

Kanariya674
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Yellow, your list would be all nice and dandy except for one thing - it's not realistic.

The moment you were born that #1 and #3 of yours are flushed down the toilet. How about the person who gave birth to you? From the moment you were brought upon this Earth you have the responsibility to live not only for yourself, but for your parents. For me, it just seems like you don't want to accept the fact you have some significance to the people that matter and were part of your life since you were a baby.

Considering the pettiness of your list, I believe you actually would like to not be alone. I think you just tried too hard, bragging about things that may make life annoying, but to contemplate dying alone? That's a big stretch and it's overreacting. I can understand skipping out on marriage and kids, but being alone is great because it gives you more room in the bed? Is this a joke?

Just in general, most of your list is rather superficial and selfish. I think you've got a bit of maturing to do.

- - -

Anyway, homosexuality on a day to day basis? I've mentioned I'm bisexual and as far as acceptance goes, I'm pretty lucky. However, I have a question for those who have been accepted in their schools and social groups.

I know that males go goo-goo eyed over women who like other women. They think it's really hot and so I see a lot of girls who don't even like women pretend to be gay just to get attention from guys. My question is does this make any other bisexual women or lesbians here offended?

It pisses me off when this happens. Girls will act so fake just to have a guy like them if only at most for 2 weeks. It gives off the wrong idea and it's ignorant to those who are actually lesbians or bisexuals. It annoys me a lot, though I can understand it not being a big deal for a lot of other people.

MrsSallyBakura
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
It annoys me and I'm straight.

Don't pretend to be someone you're not just for attention.

AllisonWalker
03-05-2010, 05:19 PM
^this

Xanadu
03-05-2010, 06:05 PM
It annoys me and I'm straight.

Don't pretend to be someone you're not just for attention.

most people who say their bi aren't
its rather silly tbh

Fat1Fared
03-05-2010, 08:43 PM
most people who say their bi aren't
its rather silly tbh

=Well, not to be condescending here or anything, but I am not sure your really in a position to make such a deterministic comment

Xanadu
03-05-2010, 09:15 PM
=Well, not to be condescending here or anything, but I am not sure your really in a position to make such a deterministic comment

I've liked and, like tried to go out with other guys and stuff
some people who are bisexual are actually bisexual you know, but I don't need to prove myself to any of you

ILoveRyou
03-05-2010, 11:11 PM
About that poll...

To be honest, if I were bi/lesbian, I'd probably have the hardest time coming out to myself. I'd probably deny it, thinking, "It's just a phase, I'll grow out of it," because then I'd worry about what others would think of me, and get insecure about it.
The rest would be easy, because my family (well, my parents/aunts/uncles at least) would accept it. It might take them a little while, because we're all Catholic. And my friends wouldn't care, they accept me for who I am.

sextatious13
03-06-2010, 12:05 AM
It bothers me as well.

You can't just pick and chose certain aspects of homosexuality that you like feel okay with.

It's like when people are constantly talking about how they are against gay rights, but then go home and laugh at Will and Grace.

Now I know its not the exact same thing. But still, it's not fair that girls at my school could pretend to be lesbian/bi and they are fawned over, but when I came out, I was harassed to the point I had to quit going to day school.

AllisonWalker
03-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah, that's not the same thing.

sextatious13
03-06-2010, 12:57 AM
It's the same basic principal of choosing aspects of homosexual culture that you are okay with, and then others that you aren't.

It would be as if I were to be racist and think that African Americans and Caucasian Americans shouldn't have the right to get married, but I went home and listened to T.I. and 50 Cent.

MrsSallyBakura
03-06-2010, 01:32 AM
Now I know its not the exact same thing. But still, it's not fair that girls at my school could pretend to be lesbian/bi and they are fawned over, but when I came out, I was harassed to the point I had to quit going to day school.

That's really horrible. Why the double-standard? It doesn't even make sense.

AllisonWalker
03-06-2010, 01:57 AM
It's still not the same thing. Every race of people has a form of marriage.

I don't want to start a gay marriage debate.

MrsSallyBakura
03-06-2010, 02:01 AM
This isn't the thread for a gay marriage debate, either. We've already had a couple of those in the past. They get old after a while because no one can come up with anymore arguments.

AllisonWalker
03-06-2010, 02:04 AM
That's what I mean.

sextatious13
03-06-2010, 02:10 AM
That's really horrible. Why the double-standard? It doesn't even make sense.
It was pretty sucky. I honestly wish I understood it myself. I just can't wrap my mind around it.
I feel lucky though, none of it ever turned physical. Aside from the whole throwing firecracker things at me incident. But I came out unharmed. So that doesn't count.

It's still not the same thing. Every race of people has a form of marriage.

I don't want to start a gay marriage debate.

I guess I stated my point wrong, i never meant to drag marriage into this.
I simply feel that it is unfair and wrong to pick and chose aspects of a certain culture you are okay with, for your entertainment, but other parts of it you shun or put down because it doesn't turn you on or make you laugh.

Aninamar
03-06-2010, 07:30 AM
It's like when people are constantly talking about how they are against gay rights, but then go home and laugh at Will and Grace.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9248/lolwutheavy.jpg (http://img171.imageshack.us/i/lolwutheavy.jpg/)
Just what the hell does one thing have to do with the other? I'm... "conservative", to say the least, I lol at Xandir from Drawn Together and, on the other hand, at the stuck up conservatists who would love to see all gays exterminated.

http://www.ubercharged.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cry-some-more-600x473.png

Nah, I'm just trawling, I love you guys but in a bro no homo way k? Also, Freddie Mercury was awsum.

sextatious13
03-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Just what the hell does one thing have to do with the other? I'm... "conservative", to say the least, I lol at Xandir from Drawn Together and, on the other hand, at the stuck up conservatists who would love to see all gays exterminated..

I admit, that was a bad example.
From now on I will strive to make my points more relevant. I usually do. But I have an addiction to posting in threads after I have been awake for 4 days straight.

Also, Freddy Mercury shat kick assary.

YamiXYugi4EVER
03-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't really see the big deal, so what if someone came out of the closet, their choice, no point for blowing the whole thing out of proportion, my friend denied he was gay for years on end until he one day came out and said 'I'm gay' he asked me why I didn't seem shocked and I told him

'Man I've known you for three years, I knew you were gay so it doesn't really shock me'

I thought I was Bi but I realised I was straight...well Asexual actually...

Xanadu
03-06-2010, 06:10 PM
asexuals are either the most kind understanding people in the world
or the biggest pricks you'll ever meet
lol
(you seem like the first one :))

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
03-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Meh T__T'

I'm busy trying to think of a way to come out to my cousin without her creeping out and not wanting to hang out with me anymore..

She'd be the first of my relatives to know lol

YamiXYugi4EVER
03-06-2010, 06:26 PM
asexuals are either the most kind understanding people in the world
or the biggest pricks you'll ever meet
lol
(you seem like the first one :))

Lets face it some of the guys I knew were jerks and my ex cheated on me when he went to New Zealand, I did the humane thing and dumped him online

I just decided I'm not INTO relationships or any of the sexual kind, just friends is fine with me

Xanadu
03-06-2010, 06:36 PM
well as I said there are good people who are asexual
you're not alone
guys as a whole are dicks lol
and the guy's who aren't are weird, have issues, are taken or are gay lol

YamiXYugi4EVER
03-06-2010, 06:38 PM
So true

Xanadu
03-06-2010, 06:46 PM
So true

don't think its the same for girls, but I donno

YamiXYugi4EVER
03-06-2010, 07:01 PM
I use to have a crush on a girl in high school

MrsSallyBakura
03-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Meh T__T'

I'm busy trying to think of a way to come out to my cousin without her creeping out and not wanting to hang out with me anymore..

She'd be the first of my relatives to know lol

You're not even 12...

I'm not really certain if you can place a sexual orientation on yourself at this time in your life.

I wouldn't worry about "coming out" for a few more years. I think people will take you more seriously if you wait until you know yourself a bit better, anyways.