PDA

View Full Version : Sailor Moon (AWESOMES)

maisetofan
05-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Discuss

Japanese seasons and how they own over the crappy evil dub which shall not be mentioned cuz it butchered sailor moon and all its characters so badly

Fave season
By far Sailor stars, the final season of sailor moon where three brothers, a singing trio (lol like hanson) come to juban highschool, the main singer and brother in the story is Seiya and he has a crush on usagi, the sailor scouts do not know that the three brothers
Seiya
Yaten
Taiki

are actually the sailor starlights sent to save the world from Galaxia to save their princess who is not sailor moon which makes a change since she usually is lolz anyway it all comes out eventually and no one seems to think its weird that the three brothers can transform from male to female in order to become the sailor star lights
Star maker
Star healer
Star fighter

in the manga however, the three lights (the popular band of the three brothers) are girls in disguise as men. Which would make more sense but then again the sailor moon manga makes way more sense and usagi is not so stupid and crazy, its also alot more dark, more sexual and more fun :D

oh and neptune and uranus are NOT cousins, thats the DIC american production company trying to make them not appear lesbian by making them kissing cousins instead :confused::confused::confused:
so rather than keeping them lesbian they turn them into cousins who casually hold hands and go around everywhere together because its better to be incestuous than gay according to DIC
also in the manga mamoru (tuxedo mask/kamen) is 17, not 19 years old
and Rei does not have a crush on him in the manga, in fact she is rather anti men and the other sailor senshi are drawn to her beauty at first

i also hated how the american version cut out Sailor V's back story
instead she was just the artist formerly known as sailor v lol then she became venus where in the japanese version Sailor venus was actually an icon, who lived in london and had heaps of fans long before she realized she was one of the protectors of the moon princess Usagi daughter of queen neo serenity a
anyway enough ranting

oh Chibi chibi owns, she is the little girl with the reddish pink hair
http://www.freewebs.com/michirushistory/cast_from_SailorStars.jpg

XxEnslavedNekoxX
05-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Sailor moon kicks all villian butt. Atleast we got the actual series and not what they were going to bring out. You can see the abomination here: http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/3055/
Rejoice that we got the actual series and not this crap! Though we know that we will never get the last season here in america. To bad too. I have the last season on vhs but since it's in japanese I have no idea what's going on. Luckaly, I found a site that has the stuff on dvd, though more than likely the last season is just bootlegged. I say this because the same site offered a handbag that had all the scouts symbols and their heads ontop of that. Jupiter was on mars symbol and mars was on jupiters symbol. http://www.toysnjoys.com/sailormoon_dvd.html

There was also alot of controversy way back when as to whether Chibi Chibi was Sailor Moon as a little girl, or if she was Sailor Cosmos as a girl. I don't remember anyone coming to a conclusion on this and unfortunate I didnt get to finish the Manga.

maisetofan
05-25-2009, 05:12 AM
i know who chibi chibi is, i read the conclusion, its the same in that aspect as the anime XDXD

my suggestion to people is to buy the Japanese dvds online
or watch it in japanese with enlgish subs somewhere online if you can, i just saved all my moneys and ordered it from a girl in Aussie who had been to Hong kong and came back with a stack of DVDS that she sold for more than she paid for lol but mine are very good quality and they have the option of english or japanese and that makes me laugh cuz the differences are astronomical, except the season one and two i got are in japanese only with english subs as there are scenes in both of those seasons that were omitted from the crappy hideous american version

the last season is my ultimate fave by far and was never even attempted to be made into a watered down 4kids wannabe DIC version lolz

XxEnslavedNekoxX
05-25-2009, 05:56 AM
Yeah, I have all of season 1 and season 2 that are unedited. Japanese with English subs. I missed S and Super S when they released them here but it looks like I can buy it from the toys and joys site. My only problem with buying Stars is that when I have looked for the dvd's, all say Region Free which is a pretty good indication its a bootleg. I suppose I'll see when I get around to ordering the dvd's. I just bought the vhs tapes cause I hadn't seen them for sale anywhere and they were on close out. I do know what happens in the end, I'm just sad certian characters didnt say dead. **Cough** Tuxedo Kamen **Cough**

I did get upset with the series a few times though. Especially when Nephlite was killed off and daimond was killed off. Gotta give it up for Sailor Moon though. Its a large part of why I am so into anime now.

DannyLilithborne
05-26-2009, 05:16 AM
Sailor Moon is one of my favorite shows; this is well known.

However, the weakness of the anime is something I can't overlook. The first season in particular was kiddy shit. It got more mature as time went on, and Stars is indeed awesome (and features one of my favorite tragic characters in Galaxia), but throughout the whole thing, I got the feeling that Takeuchi-sensei didn't actually have a lot of input.

XxEnslavedNekoxX
05-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I know the Manga was pretty different than the anime, but Sailor Moon also came out around the same time as another magical girl show called Wedding Peach. If you've seen both shows, they are nearly identicle. However, Sailor Moon got more popular, so it's entirely plausible that they just got the general idea and didn't stick close to the original manga. Or they turned it around to target it for children first. Either one is plausible in my mind.

The only character I really didn't care for though was Tuxedo Kamen. I found him to be the lamest character ever. Maybe that's just because all he does is give long winded speeches and throw roses half the time. He nearly dies in every season and when he does attack he get's his rear end handed to him within five minutes. I would expect the boyfriend of a heroine to be able to throw more of a punch. I don't think his Manga version was much better either.

MrsSallyBakura
05-26-2009, 03:42 PM
thats the DIC american production company trying to make them not appear lesbian by making them kissing cousins instead

Wrong. DiC didn't dub Sailor Moon S or SuperS. That was Cloverway.

Even though the Cloverway dub was still pretty terrible, I still think it's better than DiC's. They kept the Japanese music and kept most of the original script in-tact. They did the cousins thing because there was no way that lesbians would be allowed on Cartoon Network. I don't like that they had to do it either, but they didn't do it to torture us.

The only thing that I prefer about DiC's dub were the voices. Most of the new voices that Cloverway hired were so, so terrible, especially Sailor Moon's. However, Cloverway's Sailor Venus and Sailor Chibi Moon kicked some serious ass; I thought they were awesome. Sailor Venus in the DiC dub was waaaaaay too serious, which is totally weird.

I have all the manga (except for Stars 1, which I have on my computer) and Sailor Chibi Chibi is Sailor Cosmos, but also Sailor Moon, I think... it's really kind of confusing; I have to read that one again and fill you in. Also I'd love to find the website where I got the manga; you can also buy the ones you're missing on Amazon, but they're super expensive because it's not being distributed anymore. :(

As for my favorite season? I love SuperS far more than any other fan, I think. I love both the manga and anime versions for completely different reasons. I also love Sailor Chibi Moon far more than anyone else.

And E-Neko, Tuxedo Mask kind of had to stay alive, otherwise Sailor Moon would never have a hubby or kid.

DannyLilithborne
05-26-2009, 11:21 PM
The only character I really didn't care for though was Tuxedo Kamen. I found him to be the lamest character ever. Maybe that's just because all he does is give long winded speeches and throw roses half the time. He nearly dies in every season and when he does attack he get's his rear end handed to him within five minutes. I would expect the boyfriend of a heroine to be able to throw more of a punch. I don't think his Manga version was much better either.

It's well known that the anime directors, particularly Kunihiko Ikuhara (who later went on to direct lesbian-fest-o-rama Revolutionary Girl Utena) didn't care for Tuxedo Mask at all. I almost think that Mr. Ikuhara would have rather paired Usagi with Rei. I don't like Mr. Ikuhara. Can you tell?

ggctuk
05-27-2009, 05:39 AM
FUNimation is talking about acquiring the rights and redubbing all five seasons. They have a petition running with "Re-dub of the entire Sailor Moon series" as an option.

MrsSallyBakura
05-27-2009, 10:07 AM
FUNimation is talking about acquiring the rights and redubbing all five seasons. They have a petition running with "Re-dub of the entire Sailor Moon series" as an option.

Link please?

It would be awesome if this were true, but I pretty much heard that since the series is so old that the rights are kind of iffy and that no one would want a redub of a series that ran in the early 90's.

I would definitely, definitely watch a redub. I'm a sub kind of person but if a dub is good, there isn't any reason not to watch it.

DannyLilithborne
05-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Doubt it will go anywhere; Toei has been pretty adamant about not licensing Sailor Moon in the past.

roxasabridged
05-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Seen the first ep in Japanese, looks alright. I dont think i'll continue until I finish Inuyasha, Pokemon 1st Season or Yugioh...

Ishikawa Oshro
05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
I married sailor mars last weekend.
were having a kid already and I plan to name her sailor phobos.

Read up on moons people

Eia
05-27-2009, 02:59 PM
I like how Tuxedo Mask is the only guy in that picture.

Any innocent bystander who had no idea what the story was would think he was the token gay guy.

MrsSallyBakura
05-27-2009, 03:51 PM
I married sailor mars last weekend.
were having a kid already and I plan to name her sailor phobos.

Read up on moons people

But there's already a Sailor Phobos. And a Sailor Deimos (sp?).

They're 2 of Sailor Mars' crows who watch over her in the Shrine.

I like how Tuxedo Mask is the only guy in that picture.

Any innocent bystander who had no idea what the story was would think he was the token gay guy.

LMAO you're soooo right. xD

Except Artemis is a guy too... (the white cat). Not that you can tell.

XxEnslavedNekoxX
05-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Except Artemis is a guy too... (the white cat). Not that you can tell.

I know, but I think Usagi would have been better with Seiya in any case. That was another thing that upset me though! I wanted to see Artemis in the anime but the only one who transformed in the anime was Luna (Even if she was really pretty it was still dissappointing). I'd like to see all five seasons brought out period, and all the movies and specials. I've never seen Ami's first love or the one where they battle the vampire in the castle. I could never find those two specials anywhere. And anyway there were alot more sailors than just those two. The Amazon Trio became Sailors too. They were based on Asteriods if I remember correctly. It would have been nice to see the manga with KoUsagi but it was only released with one of the computer games from what I've read.

And Danny I loved Utena. It was really screwed up and everyone in that show was pretty much bisexual, but I enjoyed it. Especially Touga's sister cause she was just strange. I don't think Rei and Usagi would have been a good couple though. Sure they can be close at times but they argue way too much lol. I know there was a hentai game out there staring Minako and Usagi. I've see the two of them paired up alot in Doujinshi.

I would have liked more of a backstory on Fiore too, from the R movie. I liked how he's like Ail and Anne but I don't think he was given enough of a back story, and he was an excellent male character. Granted he let a rose do the talkin, but he was still cool in my book.

MrsSallyBakura
05-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I know, but I think Usagi would have been better with Seiya in any case.

A lot of people prefer Seiya/Usagi, I noticed. It was cute, but I dunno, the way Usagi really cried for Mamoru showed that it really wasn't going to happen. I usually like what's canon so meh.

That was another thing that upset me though! I wanted to see Artemis in the anime but the only one who transformed in the anime was Luna (Even if she was really pretty it was still dissappointing).

I absolutely agree. One of my favorite moments in the manga is when Artemis turns into a human and saves Sailor Venus from falling to her death. Minako and Artemis have quite the interesting relationship... even though he's forever bound to be with Luna, supposedly, he gets really close to Minako, and being her cat he's seen her naked before too.

I'd like to see all five seasons brought out period, and all the movies and specials. I've never seen Ami's first love or the one where they battle the vampire in the castle. I could never find those two specials anywhere.

I've seen Ami's First Love, but I don't remember where. :/
Vampire in the castle? I hadn't even heard of that one! D: I guess I haven't seen all of the Sailor Moon episodes then... dang it! T~T

And anyway there were alot more sailors than just those two. The Amazon Trio became Sailors too. They were based on Asteriods if I remember correctly.

It was actually the Amazoness Quartet who became Sailor Senshi. In the manga, the trio died and in the anime, their spirits were sent to Elysion to be with Pegasus.

And I dunno about asteroids, but I do know that they were named after the remaining Roman gods/goddesses. Sailor Ceres (Cere-Cere), Sailor Pallus (Palla-Palla), Sailor Juno (Jun-Jun), Sailor Vespa (Ves-Ves).

It would have been nice to see the manga with KoUsagi but it was only released with one of the computer games from what I've read.

KoUsagi? Enlighten me. =)

I would have liked more of a backstory on Fiore too, from the R movie. I liked how he's like Ail and Anne but I don't think he was given enough of a back story, and he was an excellent male character. Granted he let a rose do the talkin, but he was still cool in my book.

I guess I was always satisfied with the backstory we got from Fiore, and I kind of assumed that he came from Ali and En's race so therefore they had about the same history. Although it did make me wonder how he managed to run away before their race got destroyed (I think that's what happened; it's been a while).

Speaking of Ali and En, remember in the dub in the episode they premiered in, one of them said something about Queen Beryl telling them about Earth? lol right DiC, because all bad guys have to come from the same place. =P

Ishikawa Oshro
05-28-2009, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=MrsSallyBakura;638956]But there's already a Sailor Phobos. And a Sailor Deimos (sp?).

They're 2 of Sailor Mars' crows who watch over her in the Shrine.

Holy hell thats just outright dirty.
Im writing a rerport for infringing on my idea.
THIS WILL NOT GO UNPUNISHED SAILOR CREWWW!!!!!
XP

ggctuk
05-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Link please?

It would be awesome if this were true, but I pretty much heard that since the series is so old that the rights are kind of iffy and that no one would want a redub of a series that ran in the early 90's.

I would definitely, definitely watch a redub. I'm a sub kind of person but if a dub is good, there isn't any reason not to watch it.

Ahem:

http://blog.funimation.com/2009/05/we-need-your-input/

XxEnslavedNekoxX
05-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Yup I remember that. It's been so long since I watched the series though. Amazoness Quartet, that's what I meant ^^ lol

KoUsagi: It was supposedly a mini manga that came with one of the computer games. It starts KoUsagi which is Usagi's daughter but all this is supposed to occure in a parallel dimention. Apparantly, all the scouts have had daughters that look just like them. KoUsagi even has her own feline that turns human and looks very similar to Diana. Here are some pictures I took from the site I found all that stuff on. I don't remember it cause I lost all my stuff when my comp crashed a few years ago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/LunaMoon/pm11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/LunaMoon/pm21.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/LunaMoon/pm8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/LunaMoon/pm10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/LunaMoon/pm12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/LunaMoon/pm18.jpg

I don't remember what was happening in the vampire one but I know all the scouts use a stupid Garlic Breath Attack and breath on a vampire monster thing. Chibi Usa and Usagi just stand there not knowing what to do and Kamen says "Now Sailor Moon, Chibi Moon, attack!" And they are just like "...Right...." Good got this was hard to find. I forgot where I put this clip ^^0
Click here to watch the clip: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v22/LunaMoon/?action=view&current=grp-garl.flv

DannyLilithborne
05-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Um, considering Fiore had Ail's VA and the Kisenian Flower had En's, I just consider the R movie a way better version of the godawful filler arc.

supergub
09-21-2009, 07:18 PM
I never did like Sailor Moon. However, I am into a certain YouTube version(because it's funny as hell.)

DannyLilithborne
09-21-2009, 10:42 PM
If you mean the Abridged version, it drifts between genuinely funny and ludicrously indulgent (the musical episode) way too much.

supergub
12-05-2009, 04:14 AM
You are correct sir. However, I thought that the musical episode was actually pretty funny. Not sure why, just thought it was.

SirFluffykins
12-05-2009, 07:22 AM
I've only ever seen the Megami33 version :3 (Which is the Abridged one)

I don't know why I keep watching it, it stopped being funny ages ago XD

^Musical episode(s) sucked balls, but maybe that's because I didn't catch which pokemon songs they were. The only funny part was when they had the Pokemon battle menu going for the fight, that was rather well done

MariksSexKitten
12-05-2009, 12:20 PM
I like the manga and Sailor Super S, Sailor Stars seasons. Because I'm a huge fan of Chibi Usa and she was in Sailor Super S. (It also had Pegasus/Helios) Sailor Stars, I love because it had Seiya and the Sailor Starlights. n.n

DannyLilithborne
12-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Poor Shiho Niiyama...

Xanadu
12-05-2009, 06:33 PM
she's like a lamer version of Lina Inverse

MrsSallyBakura
12-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm a huge fan of Chibi Usa and she was in Sailor Super S. (It also had Pegasus/Helios)

I thought I was the only one... yay that I'm not! ^^;;

I had a dream last night that they aired the first dubbed episode of Stars. The only thing that I liked about it was that Sailor Moon's voice was similar to the Japanese version in an American way. The rest of it was garbage in that it was SO obvious that the dubbing company decided that the show would be better if they added in clips from previous episodes and made up their own plot for the series.

And then... it got worse.

They added the Sailor Moon Says at the end of it.

I was watching it and I got right on MSN and said in a group conversation:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Weird.

SirFluffykins
12-06-2009, 04:54 AM
I still don't actually know what Sailor Moon is about. She's a reborn princess from when Humans lived on the moon? How did the cats survive all that time then?

DannyLilithborne
12-06-2009, 07:50 AM
They don't explain it. It's suggested they were reborn with the Sailor Senshi and were waiting for Usagi to mature.

MrsSallyBakura
12-06-2009, 03:19 PM
The cats were sent to Earth with everyone else when the Moon Kingdom was destroyed. They had their own little capsules that they were put inside.

And as with any show, you can get a better gist of what it's about when you watch it fully. But basically it's about teenage girls who were reincarnated into the present time to fight evil people, mostly who aren't from the Earth.

Xanadu
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
so...the cats are like Saiyans, but are sent to help people lol
so silly

MrsSallyBakura
12-06-2009, 11:31 PM
so...the cats are like Saiyans, but are sent to help people lol
so silly

lol, I couldn't imagine their fur going gold and all spiky and having power levels of over 9000.

They wouldn't have needed to even awaken the Sailor Senshi. The show would just be about the Super Saiyan cats.

Xanadu
12-06-2009, 11:40 PM
I could :that face:
my cat can go over 1000! at least
(and that's pretty good for a cat)

Seta Kino
03-23-2010, 01:33 PM
I miss this show. I have to say that Sailor Stars was my favorite season, by far. What's funny is that in real life I look like Sailor Jupiter (Lita/Makato). I actually cosplayed as her, so I'd have to said that she's my favorite Sailor Scout (by far). Lol. After that, it's Sailor Pluto. I wish this show as back on the air. It made me so happy. T.T

gegi
03-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Oh man... how I loved this series it actually got me into anime. I remember growing up having a crush on Mercury and Mars. My favorite season was probably Sailor Moon R