PDA

View Full Version : Current events, deaths, marriages, wars and flus

maisetofan
06-05-2009, 12:56 AM
so lets post a current topic and discuss it
i mean what's been in the news recently?

Quite alot

Okay i shall start

Two very well known actors have died this year already and i do not mean the woman from the golden girls, who also died

David Carradine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carradine)
It was speculated that he died from autoerotic asphyxiation in his hotel room in thailand, he was in the middle of filming Stretch and was most well known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine in the 1970s television series Kung Fu and Bill in Quentin tarintino's kill bill which he owned in, he was also in that rob schnieder movie "big stan" last year and Death race in 2007

My bad it was natasha richardson wasnt it?

JesusRocks
06-05-2009, 09:29 AM
OH SHI~ MIRANDA RICHARDSON!? O_O

T-T

DarthWario
06-05-2009, 09:31 AM
When did Miranda die?

Aww...

RIP Miranda and David

maisetofan
06-06-2009, 01:46 AM
i know oops wait did i get mixed up, yes she died in a skiing accident in march of this year

mystra
06-06-2009, 01:48 AM
David Eddings also recently died. He and his wife were the authors of the Belgariad & The Malloreon (among others).

maisetofan
06-06-2009, 01:58 AM
really?

michael critchon also died, he was the author of Jurassic park
he died last november, bernie mac also died last year

darkarcher
06-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Eh, last week an army recruiter was killed by an American Muslim.

Also last week a late-term abortion doctor was killed by a radical of some sort.

maisetofan
06-12-2009, 02:17 AM
:eek: and in washington an old bastard and White supremisct activist, open fired at the national holocaust museum in D.C, a security guard died, but thank fully the old bastard is injured, he changed his name to a german name too

maisetofan
06-25-2009, 05:14 PM
to ADD

farrah fawcett died today :(
i retract my previous statement, yeah like fat has posted below, he is not officially dead, its just media saying he is but he is quite ill

love him or hate him, you gotta admit, he was influential in the music industry

Fat1Fared
06-25-2009, 05:17 PM
just checked the news on BBC, and they say he has infact not yet comfirmed dead, but is merely in bad state and the report that he is dead, has not yet been comfirmed by hospital, if this is true, then once again medi show how sick they are

-Sayying someone died, before reports comfirm it, just to get scoop

LazySlacker
06-25-2009, 05:53 PM
It's been confirmed that Michael Jackson's dead...

First Farrah Fawcett then MJ? I hope nobody else is next.

yamiangie
06-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Um Ed Mcahon did die two days ago

Fat1Fared
06-25-2009, 06:22 PM
you know, what I feel is really sad, an english solider died the other day, who was respected by his supuiror officers and loved by his men (he was major) and who had shown such abitiliy that he had manged to rise from lowely private up to rank of Major, with several stories of his honor, bravey...etc quoted and he was seen as the man, who lead the his troops, on a misson which bascially "saved" a whole area from other forces, yet when this seeming modern day hero is killed, all he gets is small paragraph in a FREE paper,

a singer (all be it, one who is seen as very good) dies and whole world goes crazy, I'm not saying poeple, shouldn't care about Jackson and Co, just think it is sad how little respect and care we have for our soliders and other such poeple, who do REAL things, that deverse some credit

HolyShadow
06-25-2009, 06:33 PM
you know, what I feel is really sad, an english solider died the other day, who was respected by his supuiror officers and loved by his men (he was major) and who had shown such abitiliy that he had manged to rise from lowely private up to rank of Major, with several stories of his honor, bravey...etc quoted and he was seen as the man, who lead the his troops, on a misson which bascially "saved" a whole area from other forces, yet when this seeming modern day hero is killed, all he gets is small paragraph in a FREE paper,

a singer (all be it, one who is seen as very good) dies and whole world goes crazy, I'm not saying poeple, shouldn't care about Jackson and Co, just think it is sad how little respect and care we have for our soliders and other such poeple, who do REAL things, that deverse some credit
Art is just as important as conquest. It increases the happiness of the country phenomenally. Without that happiness, the drive to do battle is lost, and winning battles becomes more difficult. After all, you'd have to brainwash your men into thinking the enemy is more horrible, or completely dominate them. Both are quite inhumane and simply causes more enemies to challenge you.

In terms of respect, musicians, actors, and writers increase pride of one's country, help people relate to each other, etc. It's an important part of a country's happiness.

Besides, it's not always as you said. My father tells me stories of when Freddie mercury died. He didn't get the front page; he got a small article tucked away in the middle of nowhere.

Risking your life isn't always admirable. After all, if I ran into the white house and threatened to gun down people, I'd be risking my life. Is that admirable? Only for jackasses.

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
06-25-2009, 07:54 PM
http://www.popeater.com/music/article/michael-jackson-dead-at-50/544453?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.p opeater.com%2Fmusic%2Farticle%2Fmichael-jackson-dead-at-50%2F544453
^ Link to Michael Jackson Death Article.
MJ dying, today, is a huge shocker.
He was only 50.
total and complete mindfuck on this one.
Oddly, enough, TMZ was the first to report it.

Jaadowgg
06-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Michael Jackson is dead. Wow. I was just listening to a cd I made from some of his songs on Monday.

maisetofan
06-25-2009, 08:09 PM
really? yeah he had a concert planned and people had paid big bucks to see him as well

redpheonix
06-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Its sad and like wow with MJ :(

Farrah was a sad deal tooo :(

and old man Mcahon :(

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
06-25-2009, 08:51 PM

New York City in the days/ weeks/ months following 9/11.
Fallen Firefighters and Police Heroes.
and yes, the country went crazy, then, too.

Abridgedfan101
06-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Kinda creepy how these things happen in threesomes isn't it? I can't remember any other famous threesome deaths off the top of my head, but my mom said she's heard of a bunch (though she didn't name names so...I dunno). Still scary how Farrah and MJ died within hours of each other ._.

Tristan's Voice
06-26-2009, 01:29 AM

Death of Anna Nicole Smith in one week gets more time than world hunger on the news gets in a year.

Same with gay marriage. We could spend our money on something more important, but we are being diverted from Global warming and the world flood that will come from it

maisetofan
06-26-2009, 03:18 AM
yes true but with MJ he was a musical icon so its kinda big

last year was health ledgers shock death and bernie mac also died along with isaac hayes who was the voice of "chef" on south park

xHannahx
06-26-2009, 03:55 AM
MJ Died o.O
oh noes >.<

maisetofan
06-26-2009, 03:58 AM
i noes, its very sad :(

HolyShadow
06-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Same with gay marriage. We could spend our money on something more important, but we are being diverted from Global warming and the world flood that will come from it
Gay marriage is more important than 'global warming'.

Especially in America. Look at the pollution levels in the world. The only way to really make a difference is to force China to cut down on pollution. America isn't that bad in the least compared to China. Unfortunately, that would cut down on their national profits, which isn't something they'd be willing to do. In which case, we'd literally have to force them to do so, which would mean war. Now, are you willing to have war to save the planet? I don't really think World War 3, possibly fought with nuclear warheads, would REEEEEEAAAALLLLLYYYY help anyone. But that's just my opinion, ignoring my other opinion that our impact is extremely small compared to the earth's impact itself. I assumed that you were right for the sake of the conversation.

The planet is doomed. Get over it. Gay marriage is more important in that it's something we can solve now. Pursuing long-time goals is fine and good, but there's noting wrong with winning an easy battle every now and then.

Anyway, while it's true that World Hunger doesn't get enough air time, at the same time, don't you watch any charity commercials? Essentially all of them are about starving children. I see one practically every time I turn on the television. Yet do you like those? No, you don't like commercials. Most people skip past them with DVR or tivo. It's mostly our own choice that we don't see those commercials.

Fat1Fared
06-26-2009, 05:36 PM
New York City in the days/ weeks/ months following 9/11.
Fallen Firefighters and Police Heroes.
and yes, the country went crazy, then, too.

That was because it was on there door step and clearly not on what on about, as they are not soldiers,

Art is just as important as conquest. It increases the happiness of the country phenomenally. Without that happiness, the drive to do battle is lost, and winning battles becomes more difficult. After all, you'd have to brainwash your men into thinking the enemy is more horrible, or completely dominate them. Both are quite inhumane and simply causes more enemies to challenge you.

In terms of respect, musicians, actors, and writers increase pride of one's country, help people relate to each other, etc. It's an important part of a country's happiness.

Besides, it's not always as you said. My father tells me stories of when Freddie mercury died. He didn't get the front page; he got a small article tucked away in the middle of nowhere.

Risking your life isn't always admirable. After all, if I ran into the white house and threatened to gun down people, I'd be risking my life. Is that admirable? Only for jackasses.

Holy this is clearly you being pedantic for sake of being padentic, this is clearly not what what I'm saying, at all, Jackson has died and so poeple will take note, the point I'm making is the lack of respect we have for poeple who are risking their's lives for several bullshit wars, and have crap job and get not respect or credit, or even weapons which work

as for last point, for once I'm not even going to bother answering one of your stupid points, and merely wait for day when soldiers finally go on stike, (i'm saying that will go on strike as not getting sae fame as Jackson, but we could at lest give them weapons which work) and see if your laughing then:-

HolyShadow
06-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Holy this is clearly you being pedantic for sake of being padentic, this is clearly not what what I'm saying, at all, Jackson has died and so poeple will take note, the point I'm making is the lack of respect we have for poeple who are risking their's lives for several bullshit wars, and have crap job and get not respect or credit, or even weapons which work

I have a friend whose father is a mercenary of sorts. Not officially in the military, but was hired by them or something. The details aren't clear.

They live in the rich part of town. Visiting there a few times, I can that they have two pianos, a keyboard, three guitars, a recent computer with every attachment you can think of, a wii, two xbox 360's, a ps3, a bass, about 50 anime disks, about 40 video games, all in a fancy 3-story house. The mother doesn't work.

This is really good money. People in the military get good pay because they're likely to die soon. People in the military join the military out of their own free will here. They know the risks that come along with it. It's the families that don't agree with their choices that make such a big fuss.

Either way, answer this question: If we did focus exclusively on soldiers, then what would we focus on? How great their lives are? Fuck no. We'd constantly give pity stories and sadness, nothing more. We wouldn't zoom into what my friend's life is like thanks to her father's job. We'd zoom into the one person out of ten that died in a raid or some shit, not the other nine that said that guy was a total douche who probably deserved to die.

You shouldn't respect someone for their career choice. After all, no one respects teachers or doctors any more. They see them as walking lawsuits. Yet these people are the most important people in the world, far moreso than people who go out and kill people for a living or the guy that makes it all possible.

as for last point, for once I'm not even going to bother answering one of your stupid points, and merely wait for day when soldiers finally go on stike, (i'm saying that will go on strike as not getting sae fame as Jackson, but we could at lest give them weapons which work) and see if your laughing then:-
I don't laugh at soldiers. They can kick my ass, with or without a weapon. Do you see those bodies? Big muscles. I just don't respect them for the sake of respecting them. If they save my life or someone close to me or someone I know, I'll respect one as an individual. That's how I work.

I know I sound like an idiot. You don't need to point it out.

Fat1Fared
06-27-2009, 07:33 AM
I have a friend whose father is a mercenary of sorts. Not officially in the military, but was hired by them or something. The details aren't clear.

They live in the rich part of town. Visiting there a few times, I can that they have two pianos, a keyboard, three guitars, a recent computer with every attachment you can think of, a wii, two xbox 360's, a ps3, a bass, about 50 anime disks, about 40 video games, all in a fancy 3-story house. The mother doesn't work.

This is really good money. People in the military get good pay because they're likely to die soon. People in the military join the military out of their own free will here. They know the risks that come along with it. It's the families that don't agree with their choices that make such a big fuss.

Either way, answer this question: If we did focus exclusively on soldiers, then what would we focus on? How great their lives are? Fuck no. We'd constantly give pity stories and sadness, nothing more. We wouldn't zoom into what my friend's life is like thanks to her father's job. We'd zoom into the one person out of ten that died in a raid or some shit, not the other nine that said that guy was a total douche who probably deserved to die.

You shouldn't respect someone for their career choice. After all, no one respects teachers or doctors any more. They see them as walking lawsuits. Yet these people are the most important people in the world, far moreso than people who go out and kill people for a living or the guy that makes it all possible.

I don't laugh at soldiers. They can kick my ass, with or without a weapon. Do you see those bodies? Big muscles. I just don't respect them for the sake of respecting them. If they save my life or someone close to me or someone I know, I'll respect one as an individual. That's how I work.

I know I sound like an idiot. You don't need to point it out.

holy, I did put good response to this, but one of craps things about this new system loging you out when writing things longer than 10minutes, meant lost it and cannot be bothered to rewrite it all

so just say, you are on about private serciety forces, who get highered to protect private companies goods as go though these countries and that is different to normal soldiers, plus, I'm not on about this, I'm on about lack of respect they get in general, such as fact it taking British government 50 years, to give British critizenship to Gorka soldiers, dispite public out cry for it (90% of British poeple wanted them to have it for what they did for us) and fact that there are stories, where soldiers in modern army are given things like out of date weapons.

Also, I'm not saying we should gloryife war and only give praise to soldiers, poeple like Jackson will always get note, when die and so should, but I dislike idea of celebraties getting lots of note why'll others who do very important things, not just soldiers, but charity workers, scientists....etc

maisetofan
06-28-2009, 01:50 AM
the same thing will happen when the likes of sir paul mccartney die, and even britney spears which in my opinion wont be too far away going by her lifestyle

I agree with fat though, i mean what about when mother teresa died? the same time as diana and she got hardly any mention at all cuz she was not in the media as much

oh and that little rat bastard who accused MJ of molesting him in 2003 has recently recanted his statement saying it was all lies and that his father put him up to it for monetary purposes

i cant understand people that believe all that BS about michael being a pedophile :(

maisetofan
07-14-2009, 12:26 AM
well i must say i am saddened but not surprised that no one gives a damn about this thread and the people who have died anymore but still.....