PDA

View Full Version : the apocalypse

Turtlicious
06-15-2009, 02:57 PM
(Note: There was a game going on before the site went hay-wire, but now it's gone so it's best to just start over.)

This is a randomly updated forum game. There is no 24 hour rule or anything, it's supposed to be hectic. If you find it unfair, well gosh darn, considering how much freedom you have in this game I don't know how to please you.

So here's the story. You're in the city called Apocalypse Metropolis. Usually just called Apocalypse since thats eleven characters too many. But this city suffers from, well, apocalypses often. A different apocalypse happens every round, as well as a different map and different spawn locations for the people. You have no idea what the apocalypse is. It could be a tornado. It could be a flood. You don't know until the round starts.

Each turn, meaning, between each update, you give an action. This action can be literally anything. You can be serious and think things out logically. Or you can be ridiculous, and try to pull out a rocket launcher. Just don't expect it to work out the way you wanted. If you give a movement action, everyone in the squad follows you, unless someone chooses to stay or go a different location thus separating themselves from the group.

Everyone is put into a basic squad, decided on where they randomly spawned. Each squad has five people. No, the squads are not divided evenly. If we have 21 people, that one person would be left alone.

Of course, that may be a good thing. To win the game, you either want to be the first person to leave the city successfully, or be the last person alive. Meaning, you might have the common crazy that goes around killing you guys to win via stand alone. Working together has its up, too. Working together can get you many things, like fighting off a horde of zombies, or if a building fell on you someone can help you out.

There's also the basic life system of the game.

A-OK. No damage taken. 100%.
Injured. You got hurt somewhere. 75%.
Half-dead. Usually happens when you took a strong blow, like from a car. 50%.
Almost dead. Lots of small attacks or a small attack after a heavy one. 25%.
Dead. Must I explain? 0%.

You receive health gradually if you don't do hard stuff or get hurt. This stops if something, like poison or continuous damage, is going on. If you've lost a limb or have an open wound, you lose health gradually. Both of these can be cured by medicine/food or covering the wound respectively.

There is a map of the town made in MS Paint. You can find a map randomly, but it's in logical locations. Some places, like a mall or school, will have maps of their own since they're so complex. If you find a map, it's PM'd to the finder. A new map is made every round with different places and everything.

That sums it up pretty much. So join in. I'll keep this first post updated on locations and health as well as people playing. (Dur dur dur.) Sign up ends whenever, so better join quick.

grandia yuki
06-15-2009, 02:59 PM
We've already got one of these going, but it has been quiet for months. I ready don't think we need a new one going if two have failed already.

Turtlicious
06-15-2009, 03:00 PM
='(

oh well then....

Insane
06-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah, we already have another

CELTIC
06-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Epic Fail

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll130/Scottishperson/locked.gif