PDA

View Full Version : Mafia: The Forum Game

Mystical
06-21-2009, 12:20 PM
So...I briefly looked over this board, and found no mafia game. (DN doesn't count o.o) And I love this game, so I'd like to give it a shot on this forum :)

For those of you not aware, Mafia is a forum game where the uneducated masses (the "village") are pitted against the educated minority (the "mafia")

Once per round, everyone in the Town votes by posting a name in the thread for one person to be executed at the end of the day, and the mafia talk amongst themselves (via e-mail/PM/offsite forum) and decide who to kill at night.

Every Round has two time periods, Day and Night.

During the Day everyone may post and try to figure out who the mafia members are, the mafia may post and try to lead people astray.

Mafia members votes count as normal villagers when posted publicly in the thread.

During the Night, kills are made, the mafia kills one person that they voted for in secret, and the villagers votee is killed. In the Morning the kill results are revealed and a new cycle begins.

There will be special roles handed out to people that give them the ability to kill individually, or block kills, or find out who is a bad guy and who is a good guy or various other powers. Those roles will be handed out in secret and those powers will be activated via PM by me.

The first day/night cycle is pretty much random voting because someone's character pic is funny looking, or their name starts with a letter that irks you, or people trusting another poster's judgment and hopping on a bandwagon vote against that person's target... but as the game progresses past posting history can provide clues as to who is trying to manipulate the vote to kill innocents and who is just honestly trying to figure out who the bad guys are.

Roles:
About 10 people

Mafia (murderers): They are the murderers of the game. Mafia wins when there is a majority of them. Mafia members must select a leader who will PM the GM their kill.

Seer (psychic): The psychic who every night who can see other people's roles. To activate their powers, they must PM the GM and ask to see one person's role. Seer wins when the villagers win.

Bodyguard (protector): The bodyguard chooses to protect one person from an attack during the night. BG wins when the villagers win.

Vigilante (vendetta): Vigilante PMs the GM to kill one person of who they think is mafia or just for fun. Essentially, they win when the villagers win. But not necessarily...(cackles)

Villagers (citizens): Simple players who try to stay alive in the game by trying to vote off mafia during the day. Villagers win when all of the mafia members are dead.

Extra roles:
20 people+

Miller: A villager who appears guilty to the seer.

Godfather: A mafia member (usually leader) who appears innocent to the seer.

Lovers: Lovers are two people who are bound together. If one dies, the other commits suicide. Lovers can be both mafia, both villagers, or one mafia and one villager. (Special roles included) When there are less than 10 people left, the lovers CANNOT vote for each other.

Witch: A witch only has one use of each of her powers. Once she uses both up, she becomes a regular villager.
Revival: She can revive a any dead character with her powers.
Heal: Will "see" who will be killed by mafia or vigilate, and heal them before morning (before they die).

Lawyer: When a certain villager is sentence to death by the players (lynching), the lawyer may choose to defend them. If successful, the player isn't killed. 50% chance of success.

To vote for who you suspect, in the thread, it should be done like:

!BOLD AND CAPS

if you change your mind and wish to retract your vote:

#BOLD AND CAPS

Makes it much easier to see when trying to tally.

If you have ANY questions please PM me. Also, everyone has to vote.

So, if you're interested, sign-up and once there's enough people we can begin. :)

Mystical
06-21-2009, 12:20 PM
RESERVED

Insane
06-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Sure, I'll play

Spoofs3
06-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Well despite this being a duplicate thread of another Mafia game that wasn't allowed due to Death Note TFG based on mafia...

Mystical
06-21-2009, 12:42 PM
I signed up recently, and it's a different version o.o plus, it takes forever for that game >.<

Insane
06-21-2009, 12:56 PM
AsterGray wants to sign up, he can't 'cause he's banned.
Count him as signed up

Mystical
06-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Okay. Will he get unbanned soon? o.o

Signups:
Insane85
AsterGray

Insane
06-21-2009, 12:57 PM
On the 25th`

Mystical
06-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Alright, thanks :)

AsterGray
06-26-2009, 02:09 AM
Officially signing up.
Yay.

Mystical
06-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Lol, welcome back :)
2 people so far, w00t xD

AsterGray
06-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks.

HolyShadow
06-26-2009, 05:48 PM
...You've waited a week and got two people.

Demand for this game seems so low.

Mystical
06-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Don't judge me >.>
I've got my reasons D:

HolyShadow
06-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Judging from the number of people signed up in the amount of time present for both...

Mafia: 5 days.
Death Note: 2 days.

Mafia: 2 people.
Death Note: 19 people.

Death Note is 25 times as popular, roughly. Funny, I was going to say that it's ten times better, but it looks like it's 25 times better. How odd.

Mystical
06-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Thank you, captain kill joy o.0

Tristan's Voice
06-26-2009, 10:07 PM
WHOA, DN DOESN'T COUNT?

Then I could've made a mafia game

HolyShadow
06-26-2009, 10:11 PM
It's the same game, but Death Note's more evolved. Essentially, mafia's a dull version of death note.

Mystical
06-27-2009, 06:22 PM
I think mafia and DN are different games. Sure, there are similarities, but Mafia is much more simpler and easier to follow, in my opinion at least. :)

...yes tristan's voice ;)

HolyShadow
06-27-2009, 06:35 PM
I think mafia and DN are different games. Sure, there are similarities, but Mafia is much more simpler and easier to follow, in my opinion at least. :)

...yes tristan's voice ;)
...Death Note was built upon Mafia. They're the same game. You've played how many rounds of Death Note? One, maybe? Yeah...

Insane
06-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Honestly, I don't care that this is here.
You won't get enough people anyway.

DN will reign supreme here

Mystical
06-27-2009, 06:50 PM
(sighs) I hane't played DN yet ;)
And read my post carefully ;O

Thanks for your thoughts, insane ;O

S.T.E.P.
06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
I want in.

ChaosVincent1
06-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I heard the Italians paid good. I want in on this.

Mystical
06-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Lol, thanks, guys ^^

Signups:
Insane85
AsterGray
S.T.E.P.
ChaosVincent1

Insane, should I take your name off or leave it in the odd chance you'll play? :/