PDA

View Full Version : Do violent video games create bad ppl?

RAWowner333
07-13-2009, 10:29 PM
I was searching the forums on this topic, and i couldn't find one...strange...maybe i wasn't looking in the right places?

I saw this on Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBtxB_PnCTo&feature=haxa_popt00us01
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN7uE-CoFW0&feature=related
part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN7uE-CoFW0&feature=related

MrsSallyBakura
07-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Well, in the debate tournament there was a debate about whether or not video games made people violent.

I watched some of the video and I don't think you have to watch it in order to contribute so I'm not going to bother with those, no offense.

My basic view on this issue is that people need to stop using video games as a scapegoat for bad parenting. Parents need to be in better control of their kids' media intake and monitor exactly what they're playing. Ratings exist for a reason.

An Hero
07-17-2009, 04:58 PM
The videos are down.
Back to the topic!
:objection:
Video games don't make people violent, personally, I think they train people's reflexes (not always though).
When we were playin a bit of hockey with my friends, I was truly amazed at how well the unathletic gamer was actually the best goalkeeper among us.

Aninamar
07-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Simple.
If you drink too much milk, you will have consequences from the oversaturation of calcium in your body. (or something like that.)
If you drink too much tea, you will get headache.
If you take computer games too seriously and nobody around you cares about you so that you go around killing people, well, it's not their fault. It's yours.

I like to ask people: "What kind of games were Hitler, Stalin, Pol-Pot or Genghis Khan playing"? :P

animex75
07-17-2009, 07:40 PM
on the topic: no, people can vent frustration/rage by tearin a video game character apart w/ a chainsaw instead of a REAL person....i think the FBI did a study on the subject and found an answer like tht

^ and lol on the last line their aninamar

Velocity
07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Violent video games are no problem if the children are sure that video games are not reality and that such actions have consequences. This comes from (surprise, surprise) solid parenting. It is the fault of the parents in such a situation. I remember seeing an awesome article on the subject just a few days ago... let me see if I can track it down and post it here.

Velocity
07-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Found it... the link is broken (due to a site merger in the time since the article was written, 2005), but the article in and of itself is still spot-on.

You can't do a news feature about video game sex and violence without interviewing Jack Thompson, an attorney who saw first-hand the formative influences of pop culture after being hypnotized by the Beach Boys' 1968 hit, Frivolous Lawsuitin'.

But, the key to understanding the anti-gaming activist is admitting that, to an extent, he's right.

1. Yes, entertainment can change your personality.

Please, please stop dismissing every debate involving censorship with, "it's just harmless entertainment! It has no effect whatsoever!"

You've never heard a song that made you sad? Never cried at the end of a movie? Ever? Not even at the end of Return of the King when the King says, "my friends, you bow to no one?" And all the king's men bowed to the little hobbits? You've never had your emotions moved by something you watched or read or heard? Ever?

Have you never heard an activist actor or actress say they hope their movie "raises awareness" on an issue or "has a positive impact?" Schindler's List didn't change the way you thought about the Holocaust? You don't think Uncle Tom's Cabin changed the way people thought about slavery?

I like to ask white, suburban teenagers to describe life in the small city of Compton, California. They talk about an open battleground between rival gangs, dead bodies and burning cars littering the streets. Did they visit South Central LA? Did they get it from the news? No, they got it from movies and gangsta rap. If you asked me in 1987 to describe Russian men, I'd say they were cold, unfeeling robots.

So can we admit that what we read and watch and hear can change our mind and emotions? And that it's at least possible someone could make a game that influences the people who play it, for better or worse? Can we admit that playing Doom III filled some gamers with horror and dread or at least raised the amount of adrenaline in their bloodstream?

In fact, the whole point of any entertainment medium is to change the audience, to manipulate their senses.

Why Jack's wrong...

For the same reason. Video games are no different. You're not playing yourself in Grand Theft Auto, you're living a story through a character. Just like in a film or a comic book or a novel.

If you can successfully hold Rock Star Games responsible when some kid shoots a policeman, then you've got to hold a thousand hack authors responsible when a serial killer turns up. Jack likes to say the games are "training" the kids to kill, but no video game gets as instructive and detailed about how to commit the crime as the paperbacks at your local Wal-Mart.

This is the fatal flaw of censorship. There is no logical stopping point. All drama contains conflict and much of that conflict is expressed as violence. Ask any Shakespeare fan. Besides, will any game "train" me on how to get away with a crime as well as the average episode of CSI? So where do you stop?

2. Real cops have a right to complain...

...if they see a game where you can reach a game objective by killing cops. The point Jack Thompson was so awkwardly trying to make by saying the game industry should make a game where it's game industry execs getting shot, the point that his own jackassedness completely overshadowed, was that for a kid working at a McDonalds it wouldn't seem so cute to see a game where other kids can walk into the restaurant and blow the visor off your head as part of the "fun."

To make a game where real dads and brothers and husbansd who work as police officers are turned into faceless targets like the Storm Troopers from Star Wars, all for the point of making a profit is, on a human level, an assholey thing to do.

Why Jack's wrong...

If there is such a game out there, I haven't played it. The entire attraction of Thompson's whipping boy Grand Theft Auto is that you make choices. The moral lessons of the game are, in fact, infinitely more true-to-life than a game where you can only do the good deed, where the A Button makes you kill the bad guy and rescue the princess. Your only choice is to rescue her or stand there doing nothing. You can't rape the princess.

So how can you say the gamer in Mario did a "good" deed when he didn't have a choice in the matter? For a game to teach kids about consequences, wouldn't there have to be a button on the controller that lets you do something terrible? So you can choose not to push it?

3. Most games do appeal to the worst in us.

Or, more specifically, the worst in teenage boys. Can any of us deny that game makers profit from the hormone-driven urge to define manhood through violence? Do you think the makers of the Dead or Alive series know a thing or two about how to tap into sexual frustration in young males?

Look at how her boobs jiggle when she gets kicked in the face! Girls are even hotter when they're in pain!

So in the course of defending the right of game makers to express themselves through their art, let's not pretend there's anything redeeming about a whole lot of the games they make. And let's leave room for people to express their freedom of speech by calling such games "worthless shit."

Why Jack's wrong...

This is my favorite graph. It shows how violent crime has plummeted starting in the early 90's, exactly at the dawn of the First Person Shooting game:

What game industry hack put that stat out there? That would be the U.S. Department of Justice.

I can't prove that violent video games caused crime to go down. As I've said before on this site, that would be using the same false before-and-after presumption used in headlines like Teen Kills Two After Playing 'Grand Theft Auto.' But how in tarnation can you make the argument that violent games cause violent crime in light of the data?

Games are violent but so were comic books, so were the old westerns that used to populate television in the 50's, so are our movies. If B-grade, grindhouse entertainment has the ability to cause crime then the crusade should have started long before the first red pixels of blood spewed from our game consoles.

4. The future is scary.

The reason, of course, that Jack fears Grand Theft Auto but didn't fear watching deadly gunfights on Bonanza is because he grew up with the latter one thus it's familiar to him. GTA is new and unfamiliar. The unfamiliar is scary. It's a human trait as basic as hunger.

Or, look at it this way. At one time in video games we could kill a girl who looked like this:

With the XBox 360 you'll be able to kill this girl:

When you have kids, they'll be killing a girl who looks like this:

That is, they'll be able to simulate the exact sense experience that comes with killing a real human being. You just need the right amount of processing power and memory. So I assure you, by the time you're Jack's age, the future will be scary to you, too. Though I admit shooting Mr. Goatee up there might not be all that disturbing.

Why Jack's wrong...

There's a book called Teaching Kids to Kill that activists are always quoting. It's by a military expert who claims that FPS games use the same techniques to desensitize kids to murder that the U.S. military uses. That is, the military found they could get soldiers to fire their weapons faster in battle by training them on human-shaped targets instead of bullseyes.

There are two problems with that, though. One, even an FPS game doesn't teach you to handle a real weapon (shooting someone with a pistol and shooting someone with a gamepad are two completely different experiences) and two, Grand Theft Auto isn't an FPS game. And if merely watching two little characters on your TV screen shoot each other trains us to kill, then prime time TV has already made us a nation of killers.

And don't forget:

5. We do have real murders linked to the games.

Specifically, a kid who killed three police officers and then said Grand Theft Auto III made him do it. That's how Jack Thompson got in involved in all this, he's bringing a wrongful death suit on behalf of the victims.

The evidence in the case leaves no question that the release of Grand Theft Auto III has dramatically increased the number of murderers who claim Grand Theft Auto III made them commit the crime. In fact, as recently as 1980, there were zero recorded cases of criminals who claimed Grand Theft Auto III made them commit a murder.

Okay, so I only had four.

Why Jack's wrong...

When a convicted murderer says his crime was caused by something that, if true, would absolve him of responsibility, you must hold out the possibility that he might not be telling the truth.

Or, just run the numbers. GTA III sold seven million copies worldwide. Let's conservatively say that another million were pirated. So we have this case and then I know of another in Japan where the game was cited as the cause. That means one in four million users suffered from murderous impulses after playing it. That's .00003%.

Can any manufacturer be held liable with those kinds of numbers, even if it could somehow be pinpointed as the exclusive reason for the crime? For comparison, one industry study predicted that one hundred times that many gamers will wind up getting the new Revolution controller stuck up their ass.

So is that Nintendo's fault?

Look, the gaming industry deserves criticism. Stores that sell M-Rated games to minors deserve criticism. But I'm looking forward to a day when someone better than Jack Thompson can do it, somebody who's not so paranoid and shrill and bitter and lawsuit-happy. Because maybe then that person could actually hold the attention of gamers and game makers when talking about the need for the industry to grow up and make games that aren't masturbatory pulp.

I mentioned Schindler's List earlier as an example of how film can change the way you think about things for the better. Ask yourself: has any game ever done that?

by David Wong
I tried to search cracked.com for the article (since it was originally on PointlessWasteofTime, apparently), but it's not there.

Noah Kaiba
07-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Video games don't create bad people, bad parenting does. Video games are fiction, just like movies. Parents need to monitor what their kids play, make sure it does not affect their behavior, and teach their kid to be suspended in disbelief when they play games.

OverMind
07-18-2009, 05:25 AM
I was searching the forums on this topic, and i couldn't find one...strange...maybe i wasn't looking in the right places?

I saw this on Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

I've watched every Penn & Teller: Bullshit! episode including this one (Heh, I saved it from youtube before it got taken down).

I pretty much agree with their stance on the issue.

Edit
I found new links to the episodes. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS2HeQYOQsw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19cQX4gLmG8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o2ygCRpxKw

Aninamar
07-18-2009, 06:51 AM
Video games don't create bad people, bad parenting does. Video games are fiction, just like movies. Parents need to monitor what their kids play, make sure it does not affect their behavior, and teach their kid to be suspended in disbelief when they play games.

Righto!
When I was little, I played Doom and Duke Nukem and liked to gib a lot (I played on cheats shamefully, but I was little...). And I never let it go into my head. Now I'm only screwed up in general, not scarred mentally.

Titan50
07-18-2009, 07:30 AM
It's never the video game's fault. If someone lets it get to their heads, then either
a) Their parents are shit and haven't told them about reality
b) The kid's fucked in the head

animex75
07-18-2009, 08:05 AM
^really, ive been playin GTA and Saint's Row for a long time and never got the urge 2 hurt anyone....if i DO hurt someone, its b/c they did somethin 2 me 2 deserve it, NOT b/c im imitating a videogame

Ishikawa Oshro
07-18-2009, 03:46 PM
You are all very angry
On the verge of killing someone
Emo sadistics.

ITS THE VIDEO GAMES FAULT
I KNOW IT

AsterGray
07-18-2009, 03:47 PM
You are all very angry
On the verge of killing someone
Emo sadistics.

ITS THE VIDEO GAMES FAULT
I KNOW IT

O RLY!!!???

Ishikawa Oshro
07-18-2009, 03:57 PM
O RLY!!!???

Its proven throughout this random series of numbers that I created JUST now.

By decoding this you can clearly see that it is in fact video games that create anger depression and emos.
I myself *sniff* turned emo (its too emotional for me) after playing the legend of zelda seasons AND COULDENT GET PAST THE FRIGGIN FOREST
AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just thinking about it makes me wanna kill

Spoofs3
07-18-2009, 04:02 PM
I don't believe video games hurt anybody.
Like so far my parents claim they are causing me to become anti social, Despite in recent years going out more with my friends, Going for walks and taking up new unique sports, I am just anti-social normally.

My parents also claim they are making me increasingly violent despite me only ever being violent to one person in recent years, My mother.
I used to be a very violent child and that was before I even played a violent video game where Humans were the targets. They have actually calmed me down.

I think they can calm down quite alot of people because people can have a different medium to take their aggression out on other than other human beings :S
Just my opinion now :S

klokwerk
07-18-2009, 04:06 PM

By decoding this you can clearly see that it is in fact video games that create anger depression and emos.
I myself *sniff* turned emo (its too emotional for me) after playing the legend of zelda seasons AND COULDENT GET PAST THE FRIGGIN FOREST
AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I tried to decode but it's not divisible by eight soooooo....

Anyways, games do not make people bad or evil, maybe a little aggressive. I have two brothers, one is 8 years old and the other 13. The 8 year old likes to play Gears of War 2 and Left 4 Dead, and he is a calm and nice person. The 13 year old plays Halo 1/2/3 and Battlefield 1943, and is an asshole all the time. He throws controllers and curses and the people he's playing. Violence in game has nothing to do with making people bad, it's just their nature and personallity that does.

HolyShadow
07-18-2009, 04:09 PM
I tried to decode but it's not divisible by eight soooooo....

Anyways, games do not make people bad or evil, maybe a little aggressive. I have two brothers, one is 8 years old and the other 13. The 8 year old likes to play Gears of War 2 and Left 4 Dead, and he is a calm and nice person. The 13 year old plays Halo 1/2/3 and Battlefield 1943, and is an asshole all the time. He throws controllers and curses and the people he's playing. Violence in game has nothing to do with making people bad, it's just their nature and personallity that does.
That, and Halo is for assholes. :V

klokwerk
07-18-2009, 04:22 PM
That, and Halo is for assholes. :V

Na, just Halo 2/3 on the Xbox. Assholes are afraid of installing stuff on a computer and go to where they can be lazy and just pop the disk in. Also, has anyone noticed that about half of the world's halo 3 players can't even read either due to being too young or stupid?

Fat1Fared
07-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Na, just Halo 2/3 on the Xbox. Assholes are afraid of installing stuff on a computer and go to where they can be lazy and just pop the disk in. Also, has anyone noticed that about half of the world's halo 3 players can't even read either due to being too young or stupid?

what you put their boy, I can't read ^_^

Though, I rarely play X-box, and helo, even less, I don't find many idiots, just ones who use the head phones are annoying

Kochiha
07-18-2009, 04:31 PM
No.

klokwerk
07-18-2009, 04:34 PM
what you put their boy, I can't read ^_^

Though, I rarely play X-box, and helo, even less, I don't find many idiots, just ones who use the head phones are annoying

It gets really bad, I rarely play Halo 3 because of it. It's always around the Holidays, Christams especially. It will be really bad this Christmas when ODST releases.

animex75
07-20-2009, 09:48 AM
im glad sometimes tht my xbox is a couple floors below my pc

ValkyrieJuno
07-20-2009, 11:57 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hmm.... Do you mean the Forest Temple in the Ocarina of Time or another dungeon from Twilight Princess or something? I got as far as the Shadow Temple in the Ocarina of Time and the City in the Sky in Twilight Princess. Good games, good games.... Anyways I play video games all the time and I'm not depressed or an emo or anything. My friends are though and they don't even play video games! LOL

HolyShadow
07-20-2009, 01:42 PM
He's talking about seasons/ages. Fearsome games, but nowhere near as fearsome as link's awakening.

DarthWario
07-21-2009, 04:22 AM
No. No they don't.

I've played violent games for years now. I don't believe i'm a bad person.

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 04:25 AM
I have played all the gta's all the most violent disgusting things i watch lolli bondage and rape hentai and real life videos

and im not screwed up in the slightest way

EDIT:IGNORE THE PEDOBEAR

Minig
07-21-2009, 08:56 AM
"Videogames don't make crazies, they make crazies more creative"

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 01:09 PM

wrong

;~;

I make crazies by my pedobear greatness

M.P.
08-06-2009, 05:41 PM
These questions make me laugh. People always have to blame something. Parents blame Cookie Monster for child obesity (and, saddening enough, cookie monster got kicked out of Sesame Street). People blame gangsta rap for criminal actions (some sheriffs don't even hesitate to come with that accusation) which is absurd because you can't really blame music for actions. Music does not control you. And with videogames...even more ridiculous. Parents who blame videogames have probably been sitting in a sofa smoking 2 packets of cigarettes daily rather than actually get out of the couch and raise the child. They abandon their child and pay no attention to them whatsoever. And when it comes to violence, the parents can't blame themselves. No, it's never them, it's always something else. Your kid ended up a cold-blooded killer psycopath, so they look through his possessions (for pretty much the first time ever) and find a copy of GTA4 which he just happens to play. Therefore, it was all GTA's fault and not theirs, wasn't it (sarcasm, sarcasm).

I'm probably rambling on too much, so I'll stop.

Ishikawa Oshro
08-07-2009, 03:10 PM
These questions make me laugh. People always have to blame something. Parents blame Cookie Monster for child obesity (and, saddening enough, cookie monster got kicked out of Sesame Street). People blame gangsta rap for criminal actions (some sheriffs don't even hesitate to come with that accusation) which is absurd because you can't really blame music for actions. Music does not control you. And with videogames...even more ridiculous. Parents who blame videogames have probably been sitting in a sofa smoking 2 packets of cigarettes daily rather than actually get out of the couch and raise the child. They abandon their child and pay no attention to them whatsoever. And when it comes to violence, the parents can't blame themselves. No, it's never them, it's always something else. Your kid ended up a cold-blooded killer psycopath, so they look through his possessions (for pretty much the first time ever) and find a copy of GTA4 which he just happens to play. Therefore, it was all GTA's fault and not theirs, wasn't it (sarcasm, sarcasm).

I'm probably rambling on too much, so I'll stop.

I beg to differ. I would say it lowers our tolerance levels for things. Ive noticed this recently with my all seeing byakugan eyes that I just purchased from total vision for $1000 a lens. But going on. The argument goes into the depths of the human mind where tolerances of things are dropped. The more accustomed to something you are the less it bugs you. If your raised in a quiet and serene environment being thrust into the city life would be hard to get used to. Cursing about a generation or two ago was unseen in the children. Your mouth was washed out with soap for it. But we see it so much on tv and in other childrens kids thats its just a norm. Though it still trips me out its becoming a part of the next generation.

Video games have their own part in our lives. when it come to killing stabbing etc etc. Video games may drop our tolearnce level to the thought of it. I would NEVER stab a man. But with the new technology of games now a days they may come out with one that gives you the REAL sensation that you actually stabbed someone. After doing it for so long on a video game would anything stop you from doing it in real life afterwards? Guessing though theres a reason for it. Most people dont go around going stabbing crazy.

Theres a lot more science to this thn meets the eye.

Fat1Fared
08-07-2009, 04:37 PM
I beg to differ. I would say it lowers our tolerance levels for things. Ive noticed this recently with my all seeing byakugan eyes that I just purchased from total vision for $1000 a lens. But going on. The argument goes into the depths of the human mind where tolerances of things are dropped. The more accustomed to something you are the less it bugs you. If your raised in a quiet and serene environment being thrust into the city life would be hard to get used to. Cursing about a generation or two ago was unseen in the children. Your mouth was washed out with soap for it. But we see it so much on tv and in other childrens kids thats its just a norm. Though it still trips me out its becoming a part of the next generation.

Video games have their own part in our lives. when it come to killing stabbing etc etc. Video games may drop our tolearnce level to the thought of it. I would NEVER stab a man. But with the new technology of games now a days they may come out with one that gives you the REAL sensation that you actually stabbed someone. After doing it for so long on a video game would anything stop you from doing it in real life afterwards? Guessing though theres a reason for it. Most people dont go around going stabbing crazy.

Theres a lot more science to this thn meets the eye.

though I can see what you are saying, we are actually now lot less tolanece now, than ever were, because now thingssuch as puplic hangings (which suspect would have more impact than any game) are gone and we live far more peaceful lives with lot more rules and structure

=The fact is, this whole society has gone to dogs, is lot of rubbish, you may believe we are no better, but we diff ain't worse (I would say we're better)

Ohara
08-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I wrote a whole speech on this topic. Violent video games are less likely to make people violent than an incredibly frustrating child's game is. The only people that would become violent after playing a violent video game are the people that were naturally violent already.

Umbrella Man
08-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I think violent games CAN make people to be bad. But I don't think they normally do. I highly doubt that Suddam Hussein was playing Hello Kitty when he was a kid.

HolyShadow
08-07-2009, 07:16 PM
though I can see what you are saying, we are actually now lot less tolanece now, than ever were, because now thingssuch as puplic hangings (which suspect would have more impact than any game) are gone and we live far more peaceful lives with lot more rules and structure

=The fact is, this whole society has gone to dogs, is lot of rubbish, you may believe we are no better, but we diff ain't worse (I would say we're better)
Womens rights. Gay marriage. Interracial marriage. A lesbian marriage between an interracial couple.

Americans, at least, are becoming more tolerant of these things. But they're becoming less tolerant of other things, such as men of a flirtatious nature. Feminists see them as pigs for desiring sex when sex is the only thing animals desire, and humans are animals. It's highly illogical, but I won't get into that.

Fared, we're getting more and less tolerant every day. Our views change over time to fit with the society at large. It's pretty simple.

Fat1Fared
08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Womens rights. Gay marriage. Interracial marriage. A lesbian marriage between an interracial couple.

Americans, at least, are becoming more tolerant of these things. But they're becoming less tolerant of other things, such as men of a flirtatious nature. Feminists see them as pigs for desiring sex when sex is the only thing animals desire, and humans are animals. It's highly illogical, but I won't get into that.

Fared, we're getting more and less tolerant every day. Our views change over time to fit with the society at large. It's pretty simple.

indeed I agree, but we are on about volience here, not sexual activites or social relationships and so that is what I was on about (voliece is lot less accepted in modern western society)

HolyShadow
08-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh, really?

If two people kiss in a movie (No matter how innocent a kiss), it's almost always bumped up a rating, but if there's a dozen explosions and someone gets shot, it's probably not gonna be R-rated, at least, again, in America.

Fat1Fared
08-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Oh, really?

If two people kiss in a movie (No matter how innocent a kiss), it's almost always bumped up a rating, but if there's a dozen explosions and someone gets shot, it's probably not gonna be R-rated, at least, again, in America.

well I cannot say how USA rates movies, but I'm on about actual volience in society and if want to go on shows, what shows sense sensetively

Watching moive with bombs or watching a real man get hung (both have been done as enterianment)

M.P.
08-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Playing children's card games is more likely to get someone killed than playing even the most violent videogames. Just children's card games aren't as popular as videogames. Which goes back to my previous rant about people whining about what's popular nowadays and trying to frame it as something that it really isn't. Anything that takes up more than the ordinary amount of time for kids and makes a lot of money is sure to have accusations flying towards them like killer bees. Even Disney, with which the Church was renegading against the multi-cultural company on the basis that Disney was subliminally selling information about sex to kids. Why? Cuz in one scene of The Little Mermaid, it looked like a priest (at a wedding) was getting a boner. It was the priest's knee.

Playstation 2's slogan (live in your world, play in ours) is probably the truest slogan ever. Playing videogames and living a real life have no relation. That's probably why blowing somebody's head off in a game will never feel the same as it does in real life. When I blow somebody's head off in GTA4, I just think '1 person dead...'. I highly doubt that's what people would think in real life.

Previously, I mentioned that these type of questions make me laugh. What I didn't mention was that while I laugh, I also feel pity that people would even think these things. I guess it's human nature. There is no way you can make absolutely everyone happy.

HolyShadow
08-08-2009, 06:58 PM
No, there's ways to make everyone happy, just not about 99.999% of subjects.

Ohara
08-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Playstation 2's slogan (live in your world, play in ours) is probably the truest slogan ever. Playing videogames and living a real life have no relation. That's probably why blowing somebody's head off in a game will never feel the same as it does in real life. When I blow somebody's head off in GTA4, I just think '1 person dead...'. I highly doubt that's what people would think in real life.
QFT.