PDA

View Full Version : Injured by a Wii

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
07-19-2009, 10:35 PM
http://www.playsavvy.com/articles/features/name-your-wiinjury/?icid=main|main|dl5|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.playsav vy.com%2Farticles%2Ffeatures%2Fname-your-wiinjury%2F

Black Eyes: Wii Sports Tennis takes the cup for the most injuries caused. Fast-paced game play, combined with the option of having two people play at the same time with wide and often wild swinging styles with the Wii Remote have caused black eyes, cuts around the eyes. In one well-known photo, a woman was hit in the eye after her boyfriend tried to help her play Zelda on Wii. Her boyfriend's wide swing left her with a boxer-style black eye. The boyfriend now has to ask to play the Wii after the incident.

Elbows: Picture if you will, four players in a doubles Wii Sports Tennis match in a small living room. As the match gets going, players get better as the competitiveness escalates. With just one player moving a few inches closer to one of the others eventually results in a solid Wii Remote hit to the wanderer's elbow. One female player in Bogota, Columbia says that she took it in the elbow so hard, she felt like she was going to faint.

Wiiitis: Dr. Julio Bonis, a family physician, coined the phrase with Reuters and even wrote a letter to the esteemed New England Journal of Medicine about a sports-like injury that he felt after play sessions of Wii Sports tennis. Treatment of the sore shoulder ailment is easily repaired by not playing the game for a week and taking a steady does of ibuprofen.

Dislocated Knee: Playing any sport in high heels is dangerous and one Wii Sports tennis player found out the hard way by dislocating her knee during a match. The picture, which clearly shows the injury and Wii Sports tennis still playing on the TV.

*HeadDesk*
Oh for the love of crap.
Discuss

Serial Ulyssicider
07-19-2009, 10:41 PM
*laughs*
*takes some cyanide*

CELTIC
07-20-2009, 08:07 AM
What a bunch of idiots!

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll130/Scottishperson/laugh.gif

HolyShadow
07-20-2009, 01:43 PM
They're just looking for reasons to complain about things that are their own fault, just like everyone else.

AsterGray
07-20-2009, 02:56 PM
GAMES ARE BAD PEOPLE!!!

JesusRocks
07-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Wiiitis
- How many more I's do they plan on trying to fit in a row into a single word?

Noah Kaiba
07-20-2009, 09:02 PM
You know a good way to avoid this? Don't wave your remote around like a spazz!

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
07-20-2009, 09:36 PM
You know a good way to avoid this? Don't wave your remote around like a spazz!

then, how ARE you supposed to play with a Wii?

FanMan
07-20-2009, 09:43 PM
You could play in an open space or move furniture around so you don't brake stuff. As for accidentaly hitting people, just be careful. Some people get soo into the game they forget whose around them. Besides, I have a wii and *looks around room* nothings broken yet.

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
07-20-2009, 10:43 PM
You could play in an open space or move furniture around so you don't brake stuff. As for accidentaly hitting people, just be careful. Some people get soo into the game they forget whose around them. Besides, I have a wii and *looks around room* nothings broken yet.

*grumbles*

I guess I'll have to find a new way to win at Wii Boxing, other than REAL LIFE knocking out my opponant, who happens to be in the room with me.

I also agree that the Wii should be played in a padded cell. Can't break anything in there, I know, I've tried. ^_^

HolyShadow
07-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Or you could play a game that doesn't rely on the motion controls. I only have two that do at all: Pikmin and The Conduit.

FanMan
07-20-2009, 10:52 PM
What about mario galaxy and mario kart or brawl?

HolyShadow
07-20-2009, 10:54 PM
I sold mario galaxy because it was boring. I use the gc controller for brawl and mario kart.

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 12:20 AM
how do you hurt someone in mario kart though?

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
07-21-2009, 12:21 AM
how do you hurt someone in mario kart though?

physically take the controller wheel and bash someone in the head.

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 12:28 AM
No I mean

how do you do it on accident it seems impossible

i own a wii and well ive never spazzed all over my house and broken everything

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
07-21-2009, 12:32 AM
No I mean

how do you do it on accident it seems impossible

i own a wii and well ive never spazzed all over my house and broken everything

I've been saying that since I saw the article.

EDIT: Although, you could lean while driving around a curve, fall and break a lamp, or something.

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 12:41 AM
I've been saying that since I saw the article.

EDIT: Although, you could lean while driving around a curve, fall and break a lamp, or something.

fail i will now look at a youtube video of such action

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
07-21-2009, 12:44 AM
fail i will now look at a youtube video of such action

I tend to lean when using regular controllers on other consoles.
Videotape yourself playing a PS2 or GC.
especially when playing games where you need to run, jump, climb, and fight characters.

I would crack up members of my family while playing videogames. I don't even realize I'm doing it, I'm that into the games.

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 12:55 AM
i have a bad case of tourettes online
i once played the whole game saying

sh!t

over and over in a game

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
07-21-2009, 12:58 AM
i have a bad case of tourettes online
i once played the whole game saying

sh!t

over and over in a game

I do that too, and don't even have to be online.
I can't post the things I've called Riku, Gannon, and Bowser, over the years I've been playing video games.

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 01:00 AM
whoo...

gannon is the worst

Noah Kaiba
07-21-2009, 01:24 AM
then, how ARE you supposed to play with a Wii?
With the classic controller. :thatface:

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 01:37 AM
obviously...

FanMan
07-21-2009, 01:42 AM
I know how you can injure yourself with Mario Kart Wii. When you do a trick, you accidentally hit yourself in the face when you move the wii wheel up or with the wii mote. This actually seems possible but haven't heard of any yet.

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 01:44 AM
gpd that would be hilarious

----in a room somewher----

Victim: mom look at me

-rapid upward movement followed by a loud smack-

V: I did a Trick

Mom: your bleeding from the ears!!

V:ohhh....

HolyShadow
07-21-2009, 02:11 AM
When playing games, I usually do exaggerated motions. Like if it's a card game, I'll always SAY everything that I'm doing. "I play a card in face-down defense mode and play 3 cards face-down! I ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD!"

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 02:18 AM
heh anyone play eye of judgement?

yugioh knockoff

Noah Kaiba
07-21-2009, 07:22 PM
I know how you can injure yourself with Mario Kart Wii. When you do a trick, you accidentally hit yourself in the face when you move the wii wheel up or with the wii mote. This actually seems possible but haven't heard of any yet.
Now that would be an interesting way to get injured. I've never injured myself while playing a game, but I have tripped over the wii wheel before. Nearly knocked my fish tank down.

Turtlicious
07-21-2009, 07:56 PM
yikes!

Minig
07-24-2009, 06:24 PM
My Wii isn't injuring anyone for one reason: it's gathering dust from the lack of quality it's recieving. With luck Red Steel 2's gonna change that.

Ohara
07-24-2009, 10:45 PM
I've played a lot of Wii Sports tennis. I've never once hurt anyone or broken anything. -_-;;

Serial Ulyssicider
07-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Personally, I think that the Ps3 has the potential to cause more damage.
Not because of the actions needed to use the motion controller itself, but because the SIXAXIS will probably be thrown across the room due to severe frustration.
AND 6kgs of console is not to be sniffed at...:D

darkarcher
07-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Personally, I think that the Ps3 has the potential to cause more damage.
Not because of the actions needed to use the motion controller itself, but because the SIXAXIS will probably be thrown across the room due to severe frustration.
AND 6kgs of console is not to be sniffed at...:D

And the fact that the original controller design looked enough like a boomerang to make you want to throw it across the room.

Roseleaf
07-25-2009, 05:10 AM
while I agree that you have to be pretty dang dumb to hurt yourself with a white plastic stick (oh wow, how wrong) some of these are plausable, and I did hurt myself wii bowling once, but thats cuz my bros friend threw the ball at my head XD

The first one is an ok exuse, the others just suck XD well, wii-itis is plausible.