PDA

View Full Version : 4Kids selling out/shutting down?

Daikun
08-05-2009, 06:14 AM
I found this rather interesting article at Anime News Network: (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-04/4kids-entertainment-reportedly-put-itself-up-for-sale)

The paidContent.org website for digital media news is reporting that the 4Kids Entertainment licensing and broadcasting company has put itself up for sale. According to the website's sources, 4Kids is discussing a "selective bidding process" with a few potential buyers. In the past, 4Kids adapted Pok?mon, One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew, Kirby: Right Back At Ya!, Sonic X, and other anime titles for the North American market. Its current properties include Yu-Gi-Oh!, Shaman King, and Dinosaur King from Japan, as well as the card-game-based Chaotic franchise from Denmark.

4Kids reported a narrower 1st quarter net loss of US$2.0 million this year, compared to US$6.4 million in the same period last year. During those same periods, its revenue dropped from US$15 million to US$10.5 million, and its market capitalization is currently below US$25 million. It ended its Saturday morning programming block on the Fox television network in December, but still maintains the CW4Kids children's television block on affiliates of The CW network. It laid off 15% of its workforce in December.

Barry Stagg, senior vice president of corporate communications for 4Kids, told ANN, "It is our policy not to comment on rumors or speculation."

Source: paidContent.org via Wall Street Pit

Update: 4Kids' last profitable year was the fiscal year ending on January 2, 2006. With 12 times their average trading volume, 4Kids' stocks (KDE) rose 9 cents to $1.95 after paidContent.org posted its report at 12:50 p.m. ET. The stocks were up as high as $2.30 before settling down, and the company now has a market capitalization of US$25.79 million at the end of the day.

Oath
08-05-2009, 12:39 PM
awesome, the devil finally dies xD

M.P.
08-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Let's celebrate!!!! Lashings of ginger beer for everyone!

JesusRocks
08-05-2009, 01:27 PM
I laugh at this :V

YoshiYoko
08-05-2009, 02:07 PM
I find this hilarious for the people who dubbed the actual shows, and terrible for the people who didn't. Mostly hilarious though. *snicker* Ain't I a stinker?

animex75
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
PRAISE GOD! THE DEVIL FALLS! LET US PRAY OUR THANKS AND HOPE THT 4KIDS DIES! (or gets bought by some1 who doesnt anally rape anime)

Insane
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Heh...
Heh---

*MANIACAL LAUGHTER*

animex75
08-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Heh...
Heh---

*MANIACAL LAUGHTER*
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:guaEFVF-oiL0rM:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kMs_q1g_CmQ/SHVRUpZmhhI/AAAAAAAAB-g/zmKqdgXgrFo/s400/Mr%252BBurns%252BEvil%252BLaugh.png

YoshiYoko
08-05-2009, 05:06 PM
http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/ssIHlnUvwT0/default.jpg

Daikun
08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
UPDATE:

4Kids has now commented on the story. They're confirming it. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-05/4kids-retains-financial-advisor-to-consider-strategies)

It looks LittleKuriboh has a bit of new writing material for some future episodes.

Daikun
08-05-2009, 07:44 PM
That's probably not good. If 4kids goes out of business and the Yugioh rights go to someone less lenient...
:V

So he'll just get his YouTube account blocked again. Big whoop. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_hosting_websites#Current)

HolyShadow
08-05-2009, 07:53 PM
rikkuswolf:
. . . . . .EVERYTHING IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD! THERE IS A GOD!

That shall be all.

Hyperecchi
08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
YAYAYAYAYAYA

animex75
08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
PRAISE GOD THE DEVIL IS BEING VANQUISHED!

beatlesgirl95
08-05-2009, 07:59 PM
ding dong the witch is dead

animex75
08-05-2009, 08:02 PM
http://www.petswelcome.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fireworks.jpg

Velocity
08-05-2009, 08:27 PM
ding dong the witch is dead
DAMMIT you stole what I was going to say. :squintyface:

animex75
08-05-2009, 08:41 PM
DAMMIT you stole what I was going to say. :squintyface:
post the song frm The Wizard of Oz then if you can get it

Noah Kaiba
08-05-2009, 08:48 PM
I knew 4kids would die someday! Hopefully FUNimation buys them out. ;)

animex75
08-05-2009, 08:51 PM
I knew 4kids would die someday! Hopefully FUNimation buys them out. ;)
or any1 who likes TAS and is an ok->good dub company

YoshiYoko
08-05-2009, 08:57 PM
We should all pitch in and buy 4Kids!, just for giggles.

Daikun
08-05-2009, 09:00 PM
We should all pitch in and buy 4Kids!, just for giggles.

I was just about to suggest that they sell it to LittleKuriboh, but you beat me to it.

Everyone donate naowz!

animex75
08-05-2009, 09:06 PM
-wishes i wasnt broke-

EDIT: maybe we do both? we buy it and give 2 LK

SSY
08-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Funimation needs to gain the dubbing rights to all of the anime butchered by 4Kids. :V

YoshiYoko
08-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes. o3o Can anyone say re-dubbed Shaman King?

Kochiha
08-05-2009, 09:51 PM
That's probably not good. If 4kids goes out of business and the Yugioh rights go to someone less lenient...

No one is less leniant than 4kids. Besides, people on YouTube have figured out how to dodge Viacom, so I'm pretty sure that someone with a fanbase as huge as LKs is not just safe, but elligible for partnership as well.

SSY
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes. o3o Can anyone say re-dubbed Shaman King?

Yes, all of the anime needs to be redubbed by Funi.

Kochiha
08-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I'd prefer it if some dubbings went to Sunrise...

SSY
08-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Maybe, but Funimation has proven that they are capable of saving anime that 4Kids butchered.

DeltaHK
08-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Why the hell does everyone hate 4Kids so much?

SSY
08-05-2009, 10:04 PM
I only hate their dubs, Al Khan and David Moo's voice.

SSY
08-05-2009, 10:07 PM
You're just mad that Funi took OP from 4Kids.

HolyShadow
08-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Why the hell does everyone hate 4Kids so much?
They turned a black man white.

SSY
08-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Yes, yes I am.
V:
However, their Desert Punk dub was excellent.

EDIT: NVM.
@SR: They also renamed Ace due to alcohol references, yet they kept Captain Morgan.

YoshiYoko
08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Well at least theres no way in hell 4Kids! will get Fairy Tail. >_>

SSY
08-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Who wants LK to be involved if someone *cough*Funi*cough* makes an uncut dub of YGO?

SSY
08-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Yes, he would be perfect as Grandpa.

yamiangie
08-05-2009, 10:21 PM
there was a uncut dub already it didn't sell and Funimantion was handleing the dvds for that. Interistinghly they used to do all of the 4 kids DVDs at one point. I don't think we will see an new English dub now a sub only release if they totally go under on an online site might happen.

SSY
08-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Yeah, but 4Kids made the dub. I'm talking about an uncut dub by funi.

yamiangie
08-05-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm not sure if there is an audience big enough to support a new dub. Also how many cast offs do we want Funi taking in. It's a long commitment to redubbling as well. Personally I think we have to stop with the hopes of Funimation coming in and saving all the Shonen show that get manged by 4 kids. One Piece still has an ongoing manga which sustains it popularity and fuels sales. Yugioh has ended personally I wouldn't buy it redubbed or subbed because I didn't care for the adaptation and most of the art styles latter.
If anything they would pick up 5d's.

DannyLilithborne
08-06-2009, 04:28 AM
I'd rather VIZ buy them out, they're already doing the Yu-Gi-Oh manga.

Fat1Fared
08-06-2009, 10:44 AM

there is this

Also, if big company like 4Kids goes down, then that will be thousands of jobs lost, though we may want to laugh at them, this actually quite sad (and not like evil as make out)

SSY
08-06-2009, 11:44 AM
I'd rather VIZ buy them out, they're already doing the Yu-Gi-Oh manga.

Just because they're doing the manga, doesn't mean they have to dub the anime.

DannyLilithborne
08-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Just because they're doing the manga, doesn't mean they have to dub the anime.
I'd rather they dub them than Funi. I actually think VIZ is the best of the dubbers right now.

hiddencry~
08-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Viz are awesome, it would be amazing if they dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh.
However i don't hate 4kids, because if there was no 4kids, there would be no abridged. There would be nothing to make fun of, no invisible guns, no limey man, nothing! So personally i love 4kids because they gave us something to take the piss of :D
I want them to keep going so they can catastrophically wreck some more animes x3

yamiangie
08-06-2009, 01:12 PM
speaking of jobs this would drasticly effect the new york voice acting scene if they were to totaly go under.

animex75
08-06-2009, 02:19 PM
there is this

Also, if big company like 4Kids goes down, then that will be thousands of jobs lost, though we may want to laugh at them, this actually quite sad (and not like evil as make out)
i hav sympathy w/ the people who arent involved in writing/editing, im not gonna shed a tear for those who LIKED what 4kids has done 2 anime tho

DannyLilithborne
08-06-2009, 02:48 PM
speaking of jobs this would drasticly effect the new york voice acting scene if they were to totaly go under.
They can get new jobs. And perhaps even learn to act in the process.

I wouldn't mind people like Priscilla Everett, Eric Stuart and Wayne Grayson still having jobs. I object to people who got rich off of kids' perceived stupidity still making a living, though.

It's not impossible... Megan Hollingshead did it. ^_^

animex75
08-06-2009, 02:53 PM
i WILL show sympathy to people like Dan Green who agree w/ us on 4Kids's censoring

Basketcat
08-06-2009, 04:22 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc271/Shinepaw_warrior/doalittledaaaance-c-1.gif

This is good news. : D

M.P.
08-06-2009, 04:52 PM
However i don't hate 4kids, because if there was no 4kids, there would be no abridged.

YGO:TAS would have been made even if it were dubbed by some other American anime dubbing company. Just without the 4Kids jokes. Which only makes it a LITTLE less awesome but not much.

animex75
08-06-2009, 05:09 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc271/Shinepaw_warrior/doalittledaaaance-c-1.gif

This is good news. : D

YGO:TAS would have been made even if it were dubbed by some other American anime dubbing company. Just without the 4Kids jokes. Which only makes it a LITTLE less awesome but not much.
double agree

Kochiha
08-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Viz are awesome, it would be amazing if they dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh.
However i don't hate 4kids, because if there was no 4kids, there would be no abridged. There would be nothing to make fun of, no invisible guns, no limey man, nothing! So personally i love 4kids because they gave us something to take the piss of :D
I want them to keep going so they can catastrophically wreck some more animes x3

Doesn't Viz own 4Kids?

Oh, and by the way, Yu-Gi-Oh! was never intended by Konami or anyone to be taken seriously by any means; the whole series is just a publicity stunt for the actual card game. This means that even a better dub won't really solve any of the REAL problems that YGO has.
In addition, if 4Kids goes under, whoever buys them will likely buy the rights to the serieses they have. And I'm fairly certain the most likely candidate for purchase is (gathers himself to keep from going insane out of typing the next word) Disney.

animex75
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
-crosses fingers-

Daikun
08-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Doesn't Viz own 4Kids?

No. They never have.

animex75
08-06-2009, 05:30 PM
-is disappointed-
maybe they dont now, but maybe....

DannyLilithborne
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh, and by the way, Yu-Gi-Oh! was never intended by Konami or anyone to be taken seriously by any means; the whole series is just a publicity stunt for the actual card game. This means that even a better dub won't really solve any of the REAL problems that YGO has.
This is true of GX and 5D's. It's definitely not true of the original.

And even GX and 5D's have their merits as stories.

In addition, if 4Kids goes under, whoever buys them will likely buy the rights to the serieses they have. And I'm fairly certain the most likely candidate for purchase is (gathers himself to keep from going insane out of typing the next word) Disney.
For some reason, I doubt it.

animex75
08-06-2009, 05:49 PM
not even disney would want 2 pick up after 4kids

Daikun
08-06-2009, 10:36 PM
not even disney would want 2 pick up after 4kids

They already have Pixar; I don't think they'd want to even deal with such small fry. They're not the buy-happy company they once were in the 90s, so I don't think they'd be a contender.

Kochiha
08-06-2009, 10:55 PM
This is true of GX and 5D's. It's definitely not true of the original.

And even GX and 5D's have their merits as stories.

Being the writer/elitist anime conisseur that I am, I have to disagree with you on all of those points.

DannyLilithborne
08-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Being the writer/elitist anime conisseur that I am, I have to disagree with you on all of those points.
I am a writer, too, and very picky about the anime I watch. I disagree with your disagreement, and have the courage of my convictions. In short, I don't give a damn what you think beyond all this petty bickering. :thatface:

(P.S. Someone with a Code Geass avatar really shouldn't talk about what sucks in anime. :P)

Chazz Princeton
08-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Doesn't Viz own 4Kids?

You have said the Forbidden Word! I can only shiver to what you-know-who will do with ongoing animes. I could even say you-know-who is worse than 4KIDS. Anyone remember what they did to Princess Monnoke?

Disney loves "cutting" scenes...to make it more "suitable" for kiddies...One time with Princess Monnoke they've gone a little crazzierrrrr than usual...The creator of Princess Monnoke disagreed...tried to defend his Anime movie...Disney didnt like that...not.one.bit...

DannyLilithborne
08-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Disney loves "cutting" scenes...to make it more "suitable" for kiddies...One time with Princess Monnoke they've gone a little crazzierrrrr than usual...The creator of Princess Monnoke disagreed...tried to defend his Anime movie...Disney didnt like that...not.one.bit...
I take it you haven't heard the "katana" story.

Chazz Princeton
08-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Please inlightnen me...

animex75
08-07-2009, 02:07 PM
yes, enlighten him

Gotitmemorized12
08-07-2009, 02:31 PM
According to Wikipedia:

"The film was extremely successful in Japan and with both anime fans and arthouse moviegoers in English-speaking countries. In those countries, it was widely interpreted as a film about the environment told in the form of Japanese mythology. Disney's Miramax subsidiary purchased U.S. distribution rights, but wanted to cut the film for American audiences (and for a PG-rating). However, Miyazaki balked at this, and the film was instead released uncut with a rating of PG-13. Miramax also chose to put a lot of money into creating the English dub of the movie with famous actors and actresses, yet when they released it in theatres there was little or no advertising and it was given a very limited run, showing in only a few theatres and for a very short time. Disney later complained about the fact that the movie did not do well at the box office. In September 2000, the film was supposed to be released on DVD in the U.S. but Miramax announced that only the English dub would be included on the disc. Outraged fans demanded the Japanese track be put on the disc as well and the threat of poor sales prompted Miramax to hire translators for the subtitles, holding the DVD release back by almost three months. When the DVD was finally released it sold very well, due to no limitation in availability. According to Ultimate Disney, the film is due for a two-disc Special Edition treatment in the near future."

I'll admit it; I actually like Disney *horses neigh*, but the OLD Disney *horses neigh*. Like, when it first started up until the 60s-ish, then the Renaissance. I have a lot of great memories growing up and looking forward to the next Disney *horses neigh* summer movie, but I wouldn't trust them with anime...not one bit.

animex75
08-07-2009, 02:37 PM
nope

HolyShadow
08-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Didn't Disney do the sailor moon dub?

Gotitmemorized12
08-07-2009, 08:27 PM
No, that was DiC. And another company that I can't seem to recall atm...

DiC's Sailor Moon dub > 4Kids YGO Dub

In terms of fail.

Gotitmemorized12
08-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh, and anyone know what's going on with the new forum background? I'm kinda confused...

animex75
08-07-2009, 09:42 PM
go to the awesome/fave pic thread, the banner is there.....tho i dunno if it was there 1st or not

DannyLilithborne
08-08-2009, 01:37 AM
You would have done better to go to the Studio Ghibli article, GIM:

The company is well-known for its strict "no-edits" policy in licensing their films abroad. This was a result of the dubbing of Miyazaki's Nausica? of the Valley of Wind when the film was released in the United States as Warriors of the Wind. The film was heavily edited and americanized, with significant portions cut and the plot rewritten. The "no cuts" policy was highlighted when Miramax co-chairman Harvey Weinstein suggested editing Princess Mononoke to make it more marketable. In response, a Studio Ghibli producer sent an authentic katana with a simple message: "No cuts".

ggctuk
08-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Does this mean that traditionally-4kid$ Voice Actors go to whoever buys 4Kid$ out? If Yu-Gi-Oh! Were to be given the dub it deserved (and almost got once apon a time) I would rather Dan Green in the role because I just can't imagine anyone else.

animex75
08-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Dan Green was one of their only good VAs, and he's w/ us on 4Kids's censoring

DannyLilithborne
08-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Most 4Kids voice actors don't do properties other than 4Kids, probably because they are not really good at their jobs.

Scottie Ray, Tom Wayland and Darren Dunstan are also people that have done good work with 4Kids. Sean Schemmel is a good VA too, but with 4Kids his talent mysteriously disappears and you end up with crap like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMMxuWWFxWA).

Veronica Taylor, I'm told, is also a good VA. I can't tell because she plays Ash and a stoned hummingbird on acid could play Ash.

animex75
08-08-2009, 01:21 PM
nice new avvie danny

Minor Character
08-08-2009, 02:10 PM
I do not like how 4Kids do their job on dubbing, but I like their Pokemon especially the Kanto to Orange Island Saga. I found their dubbing on the Yu Gi Oh! series quite ok, but I can't judge on GX since it's never been aired here.

I really do feel sorry for them, this is just what happens when world is in recession.

And I'm fairly certain the most likely candidate for purchase is (gathers himself to keep from going insane out of typing the next word) Disney.

Wow. Just wow. :thatface:

Daikun
08-09-2009, 06:54 AM
I have a lot of great memories growing up and looking forward to the next Disney *horses neigh* summer movie, but I wouldn't trust them with anime...not one bit.

Actually, Disney has done justice to all of their Ghibli releases. They've been given excellent uncut dubs with top-notch actors, and they also gave the movies to TCM for brief runs a few years ago...with both languages airing back-to-back, uncut AND commercial-free.

As for the promotion of their newer releases: Their advertising for Ghibli's films have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaay up after Spirited Away won the Oscar, and they've been airing in more theaters following each release.

Gotitmemorized12
08-09-2009, 07:44 PM
I do agree that they do a fantastic job with Ghibli movies. I'm very excited to see Ponyo this month! But I'm not sure how they'd do with a series...since they have that "family image."

Maybe they could do a children's anime series...? I think that would work for them.

HeyDudez
08-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Most 4Kids voice actors don't do properties other than 4Kids, probably because they are not really good at their jobs.

Scottie Ray, Tom Wayland and Darren Dunstan are also people that have done good work with 4Kids. Sean Schemmel is a good VA too, but with 4Kids his talent mysteriously disappears and you end up with crap like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMMxuWWFxWA).

Veronica Taylor, I'm told, is also a good VA. I can't tell because she plays Ash and a stoned hummingbird on acid could play Ash.

I would just like to say that was'ent Sean Schemmel. That was Chris Sabat. Sean is the voice actor for goku while Chris is the voice actor for Vegeta and Piccolo. I know this because I am a die hard DBZ fanof both the Jap and Eng dubs. But can be an easy mistake to make.:D

HeyDudez
08-21-2009, 08:28 AM
any way sabat is in many 4kids shows like one piece and pokemon

Daikun
08-22-2009, 01:33 AM
any way sabat is in many 4kids shows like one piece and pokemon

http://savegabc.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

Sabat has NEVER been in a 4Kids production. Ever.

Everything he has worked on was strictly with FUNimation.

animex75
08-22-2009, 07:48 AM
http://savegabc.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

Sabat has NEVER been in a 4Kids production. Ever.

Everything he has worked on was strictly with FUNimation.
^this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DidNotDoTheResearch)

Daikun
08-24-2009, 12:38 AM
^this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DidNotDoTheResearch)

Were you referring to him or me? Your post is kind of vague on that.

If it was me, I did the research. I found no 4Kids shows whatsoever attached to Sabat's name.

ggctuk
08-24-2009, 04:16 AM
I think that was at HeyDudz. Sabat is FUNimation, end of.

DannyLilithborne
08-24-2009, 04:47 AM
I would just like to say that was'ent Sean Schemmel. That was Chris Sabat. Sean is the voice actor for goku while Chris is the voice actor for Vegeta and Piccolo. I know this because I am a die hard DBZ fanof both the Jap and Eng dubs. But can be an easy mistake to make.:D
Um...

Well, everyone's pretty much destroyed you, but let me just reiterate. It was Sean Schemmel, and you are wrong. I only know that because I'm a YGO Wikia admin and I have to keep track of these things.

animex75
08-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Were you referring to him or me? Your post is kind of vague on that.

If it was me, I did the research. I found no 4Kids shows whatsoever attached to Sabat's name.
i was sayin i agreed to the post you made, the link was for the other guy...srry, it WAS kinda vague

Tristan's Voice
08-24-2009, 03:23 PM
I swear, people were overexagerating, at least it was nothing like this:

pEtmbLujGDo

Although there were useless edits (balck skin guy to white), they did things that made it safe for kids. Here's a simulation for your enjoyment.

Joey: Get a grip, man! *punches yugi*

Kid: Hey Thomas!

Tom: Yes?

Kid: Get a grip, man! *punches*

animex75
08-24-2009, 03:24 PM
they were worse on One Piece, cuz of those assholes i cant stand to watch it-not even in Japanese-w/o getting sick to my stomach

Fox knight
08-25-2009, 02:12 AM
i wonder if disney bought 4kids out? idk.

Daikun
08-25-2009, 08:36 PM
i wonder if disney bought 4kids out? idk.

No one has bought them yet.

Also, we covered Disney earlier in this thread, (http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/showpost.php?p=773920&postcount=66) if you'd care to see our speculation on that.

animex75
08-25-2009, 08:40 PM
lets hope disney dont buy them out, theyre worse than 4Kids....and i didnt think id ever say tht!

HeyDudez
09-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Um...

Well, everyone's pretty much destroyed you, but let me just reiterate. It was Sean Schemmel, and you are wrong. I only know that because I'm a YGO Wikia admin and I have to keep track of these things.

Yeah I realised after I posted and got mixed up with funi and 4 kids dubs simple mistake but there's no need for all the disrespect and in that vid I was replying to sounded like sabat so thought it was him

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
09-03-2009, 01:37 AM
the craptastic economy, finally did something good.

kudos
09-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Let's celebrate!!!! Lashings of ginger beer for everyone!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The "cruelest and most ruthless organization known to man" has been vanquished!
Let us rejoice!

hiddencry~
09-05-2009, 10:01 AM
lets hope disney dont buy them out, theyre worse than 4Kids....and i didnt think id ever say tht!

at least people actually die in disney movies x3

i like 4kids though, they give us so much to take the piss of. without 4kids there'd be no YGO abridged :'(

ChaosVincent1
09-09-2009, 09:20 AM

anyone who has ever seen the Disney dub of Digimon Savers will agree.

animex75
09-09-2009, 02:31 PM
anyone who has ever seen the Disney dub of Digimon Savers will agree.
-shudders-
dont remind me of tht! id rather watch 4kids one piece than tht!

Elliot Gale
09-09-2009, 05:09 PM
At least the Savers dub didn't rewrite characters and entire plots. I think Disney treated the source material with respect. Blame the FCC/Cartoon Network for most of the censorship. You've all seen Disney movies. They'd just as well have not changed anything. lol

animex75
09-09-2009, 05:10 PM
do i need to mention their Princess Mononoke?

Kipper
09-11-2009, 06:08 AM
They've apparently stopped airing 5d's

HeyDudez
09-11-2009, 07:17 AM
-shudders-
dont remind me of tht! id rather watch 4kids one piece than tht!

Don't knock the one piece opening XD

Kipper
09-11-2009, 07:36 AM

T'was Win

animex75
09-11-2009, 02:38 PM
i hated it, im not into rap......im a more....metal kind of guy

HeyDudez
09-12-2009, 01:38 PM
yeah it was a joke hence the reason I put "XD". And I hate rap myself my fave music is from Metallica, Jimmy Hendrix, Guns n Roses and Aero Smith you know the good music which I find Awesome. I can't really say the One Piece Opening is bad though because when I hear it makes me piss my self laughing (in a figure of speech) and some how I like it. Its strange how easy a song can get in your hear and you start liking it.

HeyDudez
09-13-2009, 08:58 AM
yeah it was a joke hence the reason I put "XD".
yeah when I look back at this I seem a bit arrogant and disrespectful to animex75 so sorry if you took it the wrong way it was'nt intended to disrepect you if you do feel that way. I know you never responded in the thread first place but I thought to make it right any way. I will put my point across better next time. Yes this is off topic so nobody respond back to this thread.

Back on topic I don't really want 4kids to end because I won't have any thing to complain about any more(sarcastic). Any way little kuriboh will feal incomplete because with out 4kids he can't make as many jokes

SheckaTokyomora
09-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Oh my god........

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODDDDD

Anime is finally saved from the wrath of lollipops instead of smokes and mew puns!

Lets have one last mew pun however!

The sound of 4kids selling out is MEWSIC to my ears!

DannyLilithborne
09-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Again, 4Kids going up for sale doesn't mean 4Kids is ending.

ChaosVincent1
09-23-2009, 10:39 AM

NOOOOOO!!!!! ANYONE BUT DISNEY!!!

animex75
09-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Again, 4Kids going up for sale doesn't mean 4Kids is ending.
maybe so, but hopefully somebody competent buys them out and ends the nightmare of 4Kids "dubs"

HeyDudez
09-25-2009, 08:07 AM
If funimation bought 4kids that would be awesome. Shaman King and Yu Gi Oh would prob stick to the manga story lines unlike the 4kids today. I mean instead of them just being knocked out they would die like in the mangas. Plus i've always wanted to hear the word bastard in those two shows english dubbed

ChaosVincent1
09-25-2009, 09:47 AM
You bastard! Why the hell did you play that card?!

MXZ Sword Prince
09-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Wow this would be amazing if they did this

but how will Yu Gi Oh abridged be with the 4Kids jokes?

it would have to use pop culture more

xhitachiinfanx
09-27-2009, 09:16 AM
This isn't really good. The only anime series that I have seen from 4kids are Pokemon, YGO and YGOGX. Well, anyway this isn't good because, if 4kids goes down for good, think, ALL the anime series WILL (Not might, WILL) be liscenced to another company and IT won't be a good one (I'm NOT saying they ALL suck, I'm just saying it won't be a good one, and it would consist of HORRIBLE voices, like PUSA.... Unless of course, LK takes over...)

animex75
09-27-2009, 11:09 AM
what makes you think someone bad will buy them out? why wouldn't someone good buy them out?

DannyLilithborne
09-27-2009, 04:28 PM
I dunno if you get what I'm saying.

4Kids will probably continue to exist as their own corporate entity after they get bought out, it will basically be a subsection of whatever company buys them and they'll continue to do what they've been doing.

animex75
09-27-2009, 04:32 PM
i got that, i just dunno bout the person at the top of the page

DannyLilithborne
09-28-2009, 04:21 AM
Yeah, the person on the top is wrong, too. Most likely, the same voices and voice direction will remain, unless their financial input is so bad that it warrants firing everyone and putting them out of a job (and given that 4Kids has still existed up to this point, that's unlikely...)

HeyDudez
10-16-2009, 06:08 AM
I just hope your wrong because I really hate 4 kids because of their crap voices. Lets just hope their finances go really bad so I can finally hear some decent english dubbing from that company. Till then funimation all the way.

Ishikawa Oshro
10-16-2009, 09:38 AM
who knows. 4kids might turn into the next cartoon network.

Darkhallows
11-04-2009, 04:17 AM
who knows. 4kids might turn into the next cartoon network.

I'd take 4kids over CN any day.
But aren't they affiliated? I remember watching YGO on Boomerang every day.

Cocyta
11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Maybe Cartoon Network will buy 4Kids.

Also, Disney is attempting to become more "hardcore."

>.>
<.<

Well, I mean, look at the Pirates of the Caribbean movie series, the team-up with Square-Enix in the Kingdom Hearts series, and now there's the Epic Mickey game.

AllisonWalker
11-04-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm kinda sad about this. 4Kids isn't the anti-christ, you know, its apart of American culture to censor things.

eve-chan
12-02-2009, 10:15 AM
just be glad that 4kids is not as crap as pokito(germany culture to censor things) they're much worse..they want to telecast bleach beginning 2010.(they censored naruto before-.-)
and if 4kids shuts down.. it would be a reason to celebrate would it? ^o^

Daikun
04-02-2010, 03:35 AM
UPDATE: 4Kids faces the risk of being removed from the NY Stock Exchange. (http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17172.html)

They still have time to correct this problem, but it seems like this could be the big one.

Umbreon
04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
well maybe we can get someone better do do Yugioh R! :D

Skoringo
04-13-2010, 10:28 PM
The anime Satan has finaly droped dead! Haleighluah! Or they are going to die. Either way I'm happy

Daikun
05-12-2010, 03:10 AM
UPDATE:

4Kids Losses Widens; Company May Get Buyer

Losses widened and revenues fell at 4Kids Entertainment during its latest financial quarter, the company said today. It also warned that its market capitalization has slipped below the minimum required by the New York Stock Exchange and that its shares could be delisted by the Exchange at any time.

Losses for the three months ended March 31 rose to $3.5 million from $2.0 million as revenues dropped to $4.2 million from $9.3 million. The company blamed the results on lower licensing and television advertising revenues.

The company's market capitalization has also dropped below $15 million. The New York Stock Exchange requires that companies maintain a capitalization of at least that much to remain listed on the Exchange.

4Kids also says it has received a "non-binding indication of interest" from a party interested in acquiring 4Kids, and that its board of directors has authorized management to give this party due diligence information regarding its assets and operations.

[Source: Market Watch (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/4kids-entertainment-reports-2010-first-quarter-results-2010-05-10)]

Allygam
05-12-2010, 05:39 AM
I swear, people were overexagerating, at least it was nothing like this:

pEtmbLujGDo

Although there were useless edits (balck skin guy to white), they did things that made it safe for kids. Here's a simulation for your enjoyment.

Joey: Get a grip, man! *punches yugi*

Kid: Hey Thomas!

Tom: Yes?

Kid: Get a grip, man! *punches*

And 4kids went and censored this video...the irony, lol

LordZorc
05-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Personally, I hope they are bought by Disney, and here's why. First off a friend of my had compared the Viz Media dub of Naruto (Which aired on Cartoon Network) and the Disney dub of Naruto: Shippuden, and found that the Disney dub was a bit better. The name pronunciations were even more accurate, and the voices are better, which brings me to point number two. Disney has an unbelievable amount of money. And as such they can get whoever the hell they want to do the voices. This means they cast very famous actors, or keep the old cast. In short I think they would do a great job (even if some of the shows they are making aren't so great).

Ishikawa Oshro
05-12-2010, 11:50 AM
I'd take 4kids over CN any day.
But aren't they affiliated? I remember watching YGO on Boomerang every day.

lol my point exactly. CN had canadians take over I hear and now some of the shows...........have gone to hell
Total drama island anyone >.>

PoisonXLilly
05-12-2010, 02:48 PM
. . . . . . .EVERYTHING IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD! THERE IS A GOD!

A God Of Death?

Ryuk: You are hopelessly religiously confused my friend.

[DN:TAS ref... :tongue: ]

AsteriskRocks
05-14-2010, 05:49 AM
Personally, I hope they are bought by Disney, and here's why. First off a friend of my had compared the Viz Media dub of Naruto (Which aired on Cartoon Network) and the Disney dub of Naruto: Shippuden, and found that the Disney dub was a bit better. The name pronunciations were even more accurate, and the voices are better, which brings me to point number two. Disney has an unbelievable amount of money. And as such they can get whoever the hell they want to do the voices. This means they cast very famous actors, or keep the old cast. In short I think they would do a great job (even if some of the shows they are making aren't so great).

Same cast dude.

Viz still dubs it.

HeyDudez
05-14-2010, 07:36 AM
disney only shows it on their channel nothing to do with the dubs. i come from the uk and it doesnt show here. the last time it was on uk tv was 4 months ago on jetix. which was brought by disney and havent shown it since.

TitanAura
05-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Even still, Disney is one of the best out there simply because they have the resources and therefore nerds at their disposal to make it work, mostly thanks to John Lasseter.

PrincessSerenity229
05-21-2010, 06:11 PM
No maor YuGiOh 38??