PDA

View Full Version : Kimi Ni Todoke

TimeDawg
11-21-2009, 03:23 AM
Oh yeah. We're gettin' obscure up in this bitch. This show started about...a month ago? Yeah. I pretty much loves it. It's a slice of life/romance/comedy/drama...thing. Basic story, a girl named Sawako (nicknamed Sadako after that Sadako (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_%28film%29)) has a reputation for being the scariest thing on the face of the planet. Thing is, she isn't. She's just crazy shy. In fact, she wants to be friendly toward everyone, but when forcing herself to smile, she looks really creepy. She meets this dude named Kazehaya and he's so charismatic that it inspires her to become charismatic as well. She makes friends, has experiences, and has misunderstandings. If you want to see it, the only places I can think of are either Youtube (if you're into your anime being cut into 3 pieces) or downloading it here (http://eclipse.speedsubs.org/projects/todoke). They basically translate it the day it comes out so there's an update every Thursday.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
11-22-2009, 12:04 AM
I found out it was a new anime after I got the first book of Kimi ni Todoke. I don't really like anime Sawako too much; maybe it's just me, or maybe she seems more whiney and insecure.

Perhaps it's her VA

TimeDawg
11-22-2009, 01:09 AM
The books are over here? I thought I would have to read scans online. It doesn't have that big SHOJO MANGA label on the front does it?

beatlesgirl95
11-22-2009, 02:12 PM
The books are over here? I thought I would have to read scans online. It doesn't have that big SHOJO MANGA label on the front does it?

they are! I saw them at Borders and I was have willing to go buy them. (and don't worry they don't say shojo on them...it's just blatantly obvious) :thatface:

TimeDawg
11-22-2009, 03:09 PM
I actually think that's a little worse. If it's blatantly obvious, then even the people who don't even know what "shojo" means know you're reading a chick book. Oh well. I'll get it anyway and if anyone asks about it, I'll just deepen my voice and say, "HELLS YEAH! IT KICKS TOTAL ASS! *metal horns*"

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
11-24-2009, 07:07 PM
LOLz. The manga made me laugh very hard, actually. The anime gave me a headache and made me think of Peach Girl. But I liked KNT's opening. Very pretty

MariksSexKitten
11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
This is one of my favorite manga's, and theres an anime? o_o Must find.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
11-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah; it's new though

MariksSexKitten
11-25-2009, 08:54 PM
I've added it to my to watch list along with Chii's New Address.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
11-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Chobits? :O

MariksSexKitten
12-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Chobits? :O

Chii's New Address/Chii's Sweet Home (You should really check them out.) They're about a tiny kitten who finds a family after getting lost. I adore them. I love Chobits too.

Mokuba Kaiba's Girl
12-05-2009, 01:29 PM
CHobits is a nice series, but I have to watch Chii Goes to the Ocean next