PDA

View Full Version : You Can't Choose Who You Love

TimeDawg
11-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Ok. First of all, I'd like to say that is not a gay marriage debate thread. While I am a Christian and do think it's a sin, there are tons of other sins that are done everyday, but you don't see people up in arms about that and even if they weren't to be married they'd still be gay so I honestly don't give two shits about if they're wearing friendship rings and living in the same house. Whatever.

This thread is about the argument "You can't choose who you love" because most of the people who say it don't believe it. If you honestly say that, then you also think that bestiality, pedophilia, necrophilia and a bunch of other stuff that is also taboo in normal society is a-ok, but that usually isn't the case. What do you think on this argument? Is it still fully valid? Can you say it about gays but not about the others?

mystra
11-21-2009, 06:42 PM
actually i do thinke that bestiality and necrophilia are ok to a certain degree. but that's not saying i agree with it. your excuse though about those and dropping gay marriage into the same category is a totally different thing. neither bestiality or necrophilia concern sentient humans. what two consenting adults do to each other whether under the guise of love or just to have sex should be considered in the same category as those 3 things you specify.

TimeDawg
11-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm not saying that two consenting adults can't do whatever they want, what I'm saying is that this argument is being used to address being gay in general whether it involves sex or not. This can be compared to a man being in love with another man just as it can a man being in love with an 11 year old. Or a dead girl. Or a dog. Whether the other party consents to this is really a non issue here, because I'm addressing the act of simply being in love rather than acting upon it.

Roseleaf
11-21-2009, 08:24 PM
the necrophelia and beastiality thing i am against, because those things can't love you back. I mean an animal can to a certain degree, but that can't really be a relationship, and plus it can't give it's consent for you to have sex with it.

As for the pedophelia, I am kinda sensetive because I dated a guy five years older than me. I think it is quite possible for children to love on just as deep a level as any adult. If it's just for lust, I think it is wrong, but I can honestly understand a grown man or woman falling in love with someone young. But if they truely love the boy or girl, they will wait.

HolyShadow
11-21-2009, 08:30 PM
http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/showthread.php?t=4849

Similar thread here.