PDA

View Full Version : If the apocalypse happened...

AllisonWalker
01-09-2010, 02:55 PM
What would you do to try to stay alive?

apocalypse in a non-religious sense

Apocalypse: a giant disaster.

RenaRyuuguThePyscho
01-09-2010, 02:59 PM
What would you do to try to stay alive?

apocalypse in a non-religious sense

It depends what kind of apocalypse are we talking about.

Iloveabridged
01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
We are all going to die anyway . Life sucks .

Spectrum~Dreams
01-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't think I would tbh, I'd rather die along with the people I love, than have to watch most everyone die.

And also, it takes much less effort than survival :tongue:

ggctuk
01-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Ditto. It also depends on how the apocalypse is brought about too.

AllisonWalker
01-09-2010, 05:04 PM
90% of the population is dead.

What are you going to do?

If I'm still alive, I'm gonna keep going on.

JesusRocks
01-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Trying to stay alive during the apocalypse is kind of counter to its definition >_>

Issitheus
01-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Three words: Pillage and rape.

Just like and other day.

AllisonWalker
01-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Trying to stay alive during the apocalypse is kind of counter to its definition >_>

It's been used in several ways, JR.

Ex: any universal or widespread destruction or disaster: the apocalypse of nuclear war.

Doesn't mean everyone is dead.

My plan: I am going to buy a gun when I live alone. So my plan is to get enough food (like pancake mix, canned tuna, rice, canola oil), fortify my house from looters, and hold tight.

xHannahx
01-09-2010, 09:41 PM
To die would be an awfully big adventure.

I love Peter Pan :V

PegasusJCrawford
01-09-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't believe in that 2012 shit if thats what we're talking about here...its based on a religious prediction...therefore "I" think its bullshit...

But the one thing that is right about it is that if we don't start taking better care of this damn planet we're all going to be fucked.

AllisonWalker
01-09-2010, 10:40 PM
No 2012 shit. I'm talking about if a global pandemic happened, or anything realistic like that.

AllisonWalker
01-10-2010, 01:59 PM
If it happened around nowish, I'd go hide out in my old high school. It's close by and full of food, weapons, and medication.

I'd hid in the local library. It's safer.

Fat1Fared
01-10-2010, 02:36 PM
-Well seeing as a gspy told me, that I'm marked with a path which will lead the word into an age death and destruction, something tells, i'm going to start it <____<
>____>

Holy saying the prediction of 2012 is science, is kind of like saying that movie had a good plot, rather inadequate <___<
>___>

-It was not quite religious, but is not really science ether, more of middle of road therothorpy

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
01-10-2010, 05:52 PM
I'd smoke some weed, drink all the screwdrivers I could, and have sex with my BF.

IF it's coming for me, anyway, I might as well be having fun when it comes.

AllisonWalker
01-10-2010, 06:02 PM
So you're not going to make any efforts to survive?

Basketcat
01-10-2010, 06:51 PM
It all depends.

Ever read the book The Road?

AllisonWalker
01-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Yes, I have and I loved it.

Basketcat
01-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Me too, made me cry at some parts lol.
Well then yeah it would be like that for me, if I had someone I cared about, I'd keep trying to stay alive for them. If I was alone, probably not.

AllisonWalker
01-10-2010, 07:03 PM
I have my brother, but no guns!

D:

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
01-10-2010, 07:33 PM
So you're not going to make any efforts to survive?

nope, but at least I'd die happy.

Beyond Card Games
01-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure that any length of preparation would be enough to provide you with a chance of living through an apocalypse, so I probably wouldn't act too differently in advance.
Stock up on food and water supplies, and hope that my last few minutes on earth are spent with my father, I guess.

AllisonWalker
01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Being prepared can never hurt a person. Being ignorant can kill you.

MariksSexKitten
01-12-2010, 01:40 PM
If the apocalypse comes, I'm taking those closest to me getting hunting and fishing gear, stockpiling, making an amoury and taking over a bomb shelter and saying eff you to the others who aren't lucky enough to be in my inner circle.. Allison you are in my inner circle : )

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 03:59 PM
That's because I'm awesome!:thatface:

PegasusJCrawford
01-12-2010, 06:01 PM
this just sounds like "if you were on an island and could pick anything to bring with you what would you bring." I hardly find this to be a serious discussion...O_o

@shiningradiance

Then why do all these religious bums keep talking about it and how Jesus is coming to judge...maybe its just another thing the Christians are adapting from another culture...

LOL Glenn Beck...I can't even take that name seriously.

PegasusJCrawford
01-12-2010, 06:12 PM
I think science have proven divinty wrong over and over again and people seem to be denying it and then jumping on board saying the oh so very popular "...because God did it."

I read this article and its quite good and gives some insite to all of this 2012 stuff.
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4093

I agree with the topic choice though...it seems a little 'unserious' for a serious discussion thread.

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
SR is right.

Anywho, this is a serious question. If something was to happen, would you have any idea on how to keep yourself alive?

DaJacksterN
01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Uhh... yeah, I knew that. It's science. Just misinterpreted science. But that has nothing to do with religion.

How about this: Prove Jesus didn't perform miracles. Show me absolute, positive proof. Like... a videotape. Yes, show me a videotape of Jesus's entire life and how he never performed any miracles.

What's that? You can't? Well, that doesn't mean Jesus did, but it definitely doesn't mean Jesus didn't.

It is impossible for science to prove divinity wrong. It is impossible for divinity to prove science wrong. It all comes down to whether you'll have faith in something beyond this world or allow yourself to be bound by what you see in front of your eyes.

Heck, sometimes, you see divinity and you don't want to admit it being there because you're so used to seeing science before your eyes. I pity people like that. I also pity people who believe evolution doesn't exist because they're quite ignorant.

In order the propose huge concepts one must be ready to provide huge proof. If someone said there's a blue fairy that I cannot see, feel, or sense in any way on my shoulder, I cannot prove it's 'not' there. But do I believe it IS there? Hell no. You need at least some credibility before proposing something so outrageous.

To answer the question:
If the Apocalypse occurred, I would suggest reverting back to basic instinct if survival is th #1 goal. Trying to retain composure in such a hostile environment will only fail.

DaJacksterN
01-12-2010, 08:33 PM
The point with religion and divinity is that while there is a possibilty as a given, because it has not been disproven, the likelyhood is so tiny that there shouldn't be as huge an audience as there is.

i.e The likelyhood of there being a deity who gives a shit about your life is 1/1000000000000000.

Therefore prayer is useless in all plausibility.

DaJacksterN
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Prove me wrong.

And alas, we have fallen into the pit that is religion. You cannot prove me wrong. I cannot justify my answer. The eternal stalemate.

DaJacksterN
01-12-2010, 08:42 PM
What people believe is irrelevent to the truth. 1000 years ago the world was flat and that was a fact. How very wrong they were.

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Jackster, you're not making any sense at all.

The thing about religion is having Faith. You're missing on that part.

Also, according to the Christian religion, God cares about everyone, no matter how small or un-important they are.

DaJacksterN
01-12-2010, 08:50 PM
A statement so incredible with no way of measuring its credibility is what makes it so unlikely. 1000 years ago, we could test that breathing kept us alive. By breathing. It was something we could physically perceive and experience.

Once we get into this 'faith' mumbo jumbo shit is where indoctrination and ignorance become a hindrance.

DaJacksterN
01-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Jackster, you're not making any sense at all.

The thing about religion is having Faith. You're missing on that part.

Also, according to the Christian religion, God cares about everyone, no matter how small or un-important they are.

Faith doesn't measure at all in the real world. Having faith in something impossible means nothing in regards to truth. Which is what I look for. ot following something blindly.

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 08:51 PM
How is Faith shit? Just because you don't have it doesn't make it irrelevent.

And you're being offensive. Cut it out.

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Faith doesn't measure at all in the real world. Having faith in something impossible means nothing in regards to truth. Which is what I look for. ot following something blindly.

Faith is personal and does measure in the real world, actually. People who have faith are more likely to survive against the odds than those who don't.

DaJacksterN
01-12-2010, 08:56 PM
I am not offending anyone or anything thing. I called faith mumbo jumbo shit. Not god or any otehr deity.
I did not call god a blue fairy. I merely compared belief in it to that of a blue fairy.

"Faith", as looked upon as "the belief of something without any credible evidence" is not something that deserves to be looked at with honour or greatness. I associate it more closely with ignorance.

I put my faith in God that my cancer will cure. Guess what? I still have a 10% survival rate. It doesn't change.

I put my faith in God that I can go to Jane and Finch and not get shot. I die.

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I am not offending anyone or anything thing. I called faith mumbo jumbo shit. Not god or any otehr deity.
I did not call god a blue fairy. I merely compared belief in it to that of a blue fairy.

"Faith", as looked upon as "the belief of something without any credible evidence" is not something that deserves to be looked at with honour or greatness. I associate it more closely with ignorance.

I put my faith in God that my cancer will cure. Guess what? I still have a 10% survival rate. It doesn't change.

I put my faith in God that I can go to Jane and Finch and not get shot. I die.
*facepalm*

It's like talking to a brick wall.

THIS is why religion wasn't appart of the original topic.

DaJacksterN
01-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Okay.

Then how about the big bang?

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only transformed.

Then where did all of this mass and energy come from initially? Has it always been here, like God?

Or was it created at one point? Can there be a story without a beginning? No, it's impossible. At one point, there was a start to time, as defined by an order of events. In that case, it had to be created, even by itself.

What created it? Can you answer that? I believe that God created the big bang. It's the only thing that logical. A being with the power to create, creating. That is what I define as God.

However, respecting other beliefs, God is much more than that. If you can't respect those beliefs, then our discussion is over, because it'll only turn ugly.

And in saying that God created time and reality we venture into the endles circle of 'what created God then?' Hmm?

I don't respect the beliefs in the least. I respect the people. I will never disrespect a person or make fun of them for their beliefs. But I do not like the religion itself.

It's like "hate the smoke, not the smoker." I don't like the smoke at all, but eh, whatcha gonna do about it?

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Make a law against smoking in public.

:D

You can talk about religion end-of-the-world scenarios, but don't argue about religion. That's not what this convo is about.

eternity
01-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Please stop with the offensive comments.

DaJacksterN
01-12-2010, 09:05 PM
If the Apocalypse happened we would go through demoralization and revert back to animalistic tendencies. Society would crumble when each person strives to survive and there is no authority to keep them in check.

And I still don't see what offensive comments anyone is talking about.

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 09:07 PM
And I had buy a gun and hide with Kitten, trying to avoid you both.

O_o

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
01-12-2010, 09:09 PM
*facepalm*

It's like talking to a brick wall.

THIS is why religion wasn't appart of the original topic.

nothing stirs serious convo better than

Religion

Sex and

Politics.

Personally I think the religious Apocalypse is just a valid in this discussion as natural disasters. It's easy to say "I'm prepared" but when God or some other higher power wants to screw up your life, you can't really prepare.

can you be prepared if lightening were to come in through your bedroom window, striking your "willy" while you're watching Larry King?

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
No, if God is going to smite you down, he's gonna smite you down.

But if it's a disaster or something like chemical warfare or a Nuclear Attack, you can prepare.

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
01-12-2010, 09:30 PM
No, if God is going to smite you down, he's gonna smite you down.

But if it's a disaster or something like chemical warfare or a Nuclear Attack, you can prepare.

I'm curious on how someone would prepare for an Anthrax attack which kills in like seconds, and looks like a harmless powder.

Same with a Nuclear attack, there is no time for preparation.

(fuck the old "duck and cover" films from the fifties)

in situations like that, it's flash, you're ass is grass and glow in the dark.

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Not exactly. In a Nuclear attack, if you're at least a mile away from the blast, you have 20minutes to take shelter from gamma waves/nuclear fallout. It can be done. After 72hrs, fallout loses 90% of its potency.

Anthrax would be more difficult, but it's not like it could ever reach every single house in the United States.

Something like flu. That's more realistic.

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
01-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Not exactly. In a Nuclear attack, if you're at least a mile away from the blast, you have 20minutes to take shelter from gamma waves/nuclear fallout. It can be done. After 72hrs, fallout loses 90% of its potency.

Anthrax would be more difficult, but it's not like it could ever reach every single house in the United States.

Something like flu. That's more realistic.

bold, US postal service. As a matter of fact it was tried and caught, but imagine if it had succeeded. If I remember correctly, people were microwaving their mail and several post offices were "temporarily" closed due to haz mat sweeps over suspicious letters and packages.

you're also dumbing down your initial question. Apocalypse = sudden extreme disaster. you can't predict stuff like this. There were no specifications on where or when the event happened. Some random terrorist sets of a nuclear bomb in your room, over your head. You have two seconds to think what to do. IMO your ass is grass and glow in the dark.

PegasusJCrawford
01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Uhh... yeah, I knew that. It's science. Just misinterpreted science. But that has nothing to do with religion.

How about this: Prove Jesus didn't perform miracles. Show me absolute, positive proof. Like... a videotape. Yes, show me a videotape of Jesus's entire life and how he never performed any miracles.

What's that? You can't? Well, that doesn't mean Jesus did, but it definitely doesn't mean Jesus didn't.

It is impossible for science to prove divinity wrong. It is impossible for divinity to prove science wrong. It all comes down to whether you'll have faith in something beyond this world or allow yourself to be bound by what you see in front of your eyes.

Heck, sometimes, you see divinity and you don't want to admit it being there because you're so used to seeing science before your eyes. I pity people like that. I also pity people who believe evolution doesn't exist because they're quite ignorant.

Thats not the point I'm trying to make, I'm not saying Jesus didn't exist or that his maricles weren't real, I'm sure the guy could have done all those things, but I'm not going to base my entire life's morals on a book that has been changed throughout history tons of times. Its that science has proven things like evolution which obviously exists...you don't need video tape to prove that. Then suddenly the catholic church deems it acceptable but they say "but God created evolution." I mean things like that. Christianity seems to adopt science proven theories that contradicts what it says in the bible...I just feel like people are sooooo comitted to the bible and eveything being right in the bible and god is always right no matter what, then suddenly science proves it different and then they change their view on it. If 4 or 5 things in the bible aren't correct whos to say the rest of it isn't. Thats why I turned my back on religion, even my religion wasn't sure of its own religion.

People have also been cesored by religion to block out certain things not just for science. So when some people see a man in their toast they think its Jesus...no one knows for sure what Jesus looks like so how can he be in your toast? (I always wondered why he's always portrayed white but he's from the middle east...). I don't believe in divinity happenings, I believe in coincidences. And I'm sorry that you pity me for it but I don't feel sorry for any of it, I don't use science as an excuse I'm able to think for myself and conjuring up meanings for things on my own. If something doesn't sound right or belivable to me as far as religion (and so far it has been quite a lot)...then I obviously won't believe it, I don't need science to prove it for me.

As far as Jesus...I feel like he was a real guy, and I'm sure he was a real good guy...but sometimes I think the stuff that he did was exaggerated a bit thats all.

This is a whole different discussion. But anyway, ya....2012...when nothing happens...you know I'm coming right to this forum...>.>

AllisonWalker
01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
bold, US postal service. As a matter of fact it was tried and caught, but imagine if it had succeeded. If I remember correctly, people were microwaving their mail and several post offices were "temporarily" closed due to haz mat sweeps over suspicious letters and packages.

you're also dumbing down your initial question. Apocalypse = sudden extreme disaster. you can't predict stuff like this. There were no specifications on where or when the event happened. Some random terrorist sets of a nuclear bomb in your room, over your head. You have two seconds to think what to do. IMO your ass is grass and glow in the dark.

The likelyhood of a terrorist attacking Oakland County, MI is low. I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh. Maybe if I lived in a city that would fly, but alas, I do not.

You can't predict a disaster, but you can always plan ahead.

Jesus knew he was going to die and he still went ahead like a rebel. How badass is that? He's not just important to Christians either.

DaJacksterN
01-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Ha.

Of course it did.

People like you blame religious people for not accepting evolution, yet say it's unsure of itself when it does. Do you just want religion to not exist? Of course you do. You're an atheist.

That made NO sense. "If it doesn't make sense, then it doesn't matter if it's true. It's automatically a lie." You have to change your opinions about things when new information is present. Otherwise, you're ignoring 'truth'. Truth is the most important thing.

Name 3 things he did.

Now, respond via pm. All of this was off-topic, but out of honor, I feel I have to call you out. Sorry about that.

And you say I'M conceided.

If the Apocalypse were to occur, I'm almost certain that people would kill and eat each other, regardless of the food supply around them. Simply out or paranoia and beast-like violence that rises up when territorial boundaries are raised.

AllisonWalker
01-13-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't think cannibalism would exist full-scale, but some people would get into it.

AllisonWalker
01-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Well, in POst-WW2 Russia, people got into eating dead bodies, but most people didn't actually hunt down people to eat.

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
01-13-2010, 01:05 AM
The likelyhood of a terrorist attacking Oakland County, MI is low. I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh. Maybe if I lived in a city that would fly, but alas, I do not.

You can't predict a disaster, but you can always plan ahead.

Jesus knew he was going to die and he still went ahead like a rebel. How badass is that? He's not just important to Christians either.

(sarcasm)

I really love how you disregard anything I have to say as unimportant.

So I'll take your advice.

the best way to avoid disaster is to move to the styx and boonies.

Underling
01-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Worst thread in this section.

AllisonWalker
01-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Nah...

Fat1Fared
01-13-2010, 02:25 PM

You have no proof that it will not happen. We have scientific minds now, but unless science can disprove divinity, it's a possibility. Not unlikely, not likely. Just possible.

Which is why this apocalypse thread bothers me slightly. Why not talk about a divine 'end of the world'?

Well being perfection and omnipotence are impossible because not exactly anything to standise them by without saying opinion can be fact, so is god possible?
=But still <shrugs>

=And with second question may as well say, why not talk about my fairy tail, that is not point here, the point is, that world is gone past the post-modern age into a apocalyptic one (and sure we all have ruff idea of what Allison meant here) which is basically the loss of modern-socialization/ civalisation and so her question is simple, what would you do?
=It doesn't matter if you want it to be caused by your imagery friend or not, as long as have some picture of result in head

=With the the 2012 being science, no it is not holy, it is astrology, which is NO LONGER a science, because astronomy has long sense broken away from it, realising the former is not actually needed.

-Finally with the bolded bit, it is not impossible for science to prove it wrong, it is impossible for science to test that which is not there, which is why when science does test, these so called religious things, they always come out false.

I think science have proven divinty wrong over and over again and people seem to be denying it and then jumping on board saying the oh so very popular "...because God did it."

I read this article and its quite good and gives some insite to all of this 2012 stuff.
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4093

I agree with the topic choice though...it seems a little 'unserious' for a serious discussion thread.

-This is easy, you believe what believe, far more than believe in truth and the second truth rains all over your belief, you subtly change truth and belief to match each other, so you don't have to accept that, everything believed up to that point was wrong, I mean lets face it, if you spent whole life praying, worshiping...etc to god, only find god did not exist, you would feel wasted lot of life, so what is better option, just say truth and belief were always same and that truth is somewhere in middle of your view and the proof (This is very human trait)

I liked that report on 2012 and apsecially joke about Aquarius, because I'm Aquarius (not that i actually believe that the stars have any control other than light and...etc over life)
=Truth is, this planet will long out live us and when we die, it won't be up big glorious ball of fire, it will be on a wimper, caused by very mundane things like lack of food....etc like every other creature we watched die out

I think there is great quote for this:-"The existence of God relies on faith, faith is believing in something without evidence, thus when science finally proved god was real, god was instantly destroyed" (its so perfect on so many so levels and petty much shows the stupidly of believing in something without any reason to believe in it, I mean like Overmind always says, why not just believe in Flying Spegetti monster then, why not believe in any fantasy story, what makes this one so much much more important, (well other than fact it gives meaning to meaningless, allowing poeple to vindicate their own existence)

I agree with this. Which is why I would try to conquer the world and rebuild it in my image, but I would get bored halfway through and then just go back to reading shotga.

Fix'ed ^_-

nothing stirs serious convo better than

Religion

Sex and

Politics.

Personally I think the religious Apocalypse is just a valid in this discussion as natural disasters. It's easy to say "I'm prepared" but when God or some other higher power wants to screw up your life, you can't really prepare.

can you be prepared if lightening were to come in through your bedroom window, striking your "willy" while you're watching Larry King?

Ok, because this one asked this question in different way, going to give more pluisable answer, by answering it with another question?
=Why would a god who has done bugger all for last few thousand years suddernly decide, "you know what, I'm going to kill off humanity today?" I mean seriosuly, that is one hell of mood swing

I'm curious on how someone would prepare for an Anthrax attack which kills in like seconds, and looks like a harmless powder.

Same with a Nuclear attack, there is no time for preparation.

(fuck the old "duck and cover" films from the fifties)

in situations like that, it's flash, you're ass is grass and glow in the dark.

I would say dump luck, would let you surivive first attack, then a mindless will to live on would do second

so how can he be in your toast?

(I always wondered why he's always portrayed white but he's from the middle east...).

This is a whole different discussion. But anyway, ya....2012...when nothing happens...you know I'm coming right to this forum...>.>

1=Because poeple like to find meaning in everything, rather than just realising that not every part of life is linked to some deeper meaning -_-

2=because when Christianty was starting out, it was moving down into europe and so knew that telling White Supuermists, their savor was Asian Jew, was not great way to get followers (religion changes it icons to meet wants of its followers from day 1, go figure)

3-Yer, we can have party about still being alive ^_^

=And before moan, if look, my thing is mix of religious bashing and apocalypse now talk

Fat1Fared
01-13-2010, 02:48 PM
This isn't a religious debate, so I won't answer anything you've said. However, I hope you won't continue to think that 8% of the population is correct in this. Come see me when it's above 50% and I MIGHT change my mind.

-This is your way of saying, I have no answers, because over half stuff in there is on apocalypse and the one thing you do answer is on religion <facepalm>

=Oh and holy, humanity has believed many things on a majority level throughout existence, do know why we removed those believes, because small groups of poeple deicded being a sheep was not good way to learn things and worked hard to prove so (Blinding Jim is great just because Bill and Phil said so, isn't going to get you very far)
=The Majority use to believe Slavery was good and drinking in the same water as pissed in was good idea, did that make them right?

=I mean surely if we go on Majority ideals your views on black poeple, Libel ideals and Homosexuality are all wrong???????

Underling
01-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Oh joy, it's Y2K all over again.

Why do people, the religious in particular, seem to relish the idea of the apocalypse so much? They seem to be looking forward to the damn thing half the time...

JesusRocks
01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh joy, it's Y2K all over again.

Why do people, the religious in particular, seem to relish the idea of the apocalypse so much? They seem to be looking forward to the damn thing half the time...

The religious do look forward to the end, because, well we Christians in particular, believe that the apocalypse will be when Jesus returns and we will live with Him forever... and thinking of what that means, it's definitely something to look forward to...

It's only Hollywood that seems to think that the end of the world (in the quasi-christian sense) is a bad thing that should be fought at all costs... it's Hollywood that seems to thing the end of the world will be initiated by the devil, that it is his plan, and that it will be his final victory against everything good if he succeeds >_>
It's also only Hollywood that seems to think the apocalypse CAN be stopped.

There is no set time for the end that we know, no "1998" "millenium" or "2012" ... the people who tried to make those predictions in the past were all proved wrong. Bringing the Bible into this, Jesus says that only the Father knows the time of the end, and additionally that, for all we know, it could happen at any time.

But this apocalypse thread has already been stated to be nothing to do with "the apocalypse" in the religious sense...
I'd interpret this thread by saying it would include such fictional things as a "zombie apocalypse" or even (more realistically) a global plague... not necessarily the end of everything.

Fat1Fared
01-13-2010, 05:47 PM
The religious do look forward to the end, because, well we Christians in particular, believe that the apocalypse will be when Jesus returns and we will live with Him forever... and thinking of what that means, it's definitely something to look forward to...

It's only Hollywood that seems to think that the end of the world (in the quasi-christian sense) is a bad thing that should be fought at all costs... it's Hollywood that seems to thing the end of the world will be initiated by the devil, that it is his plan, and that it will be his final victory against everything good if he succeeds >_>
It's also only Hollywood that seems to think the apocalypse CAN be stopped.

There is no set time for the end that we know, no "1998" "millenium" or "2012" ... the people who tried to make those predictions in the past were all proved wrong. Bringing the Bible into this, Jesus says that only the Father knows the time of the end, and additionally that, for all we know, it could happen at any time.

But this apocalypse thread has already been stated to be nothing to do with "the apocalypse" in the religious sense...
I'd interpret this thread by saying it would include such fictional things as a "zombie apocalypse" or even (more realistically) a global plague... not necessarily the end of everything.

-Just a question then, why did God make earth and humanity....etc and all these other tests, if then one day he is just going to end it and let us into heaven anyway?
=Seems bit pointless to me or the point is more sinister one. My friend is farmer and he has cows, now he feeds these cows up, so they trust him and his food, then when they come to tenderness he uses the food to lure them into cage, where there killed and turned into my dinner. Point is, I think god is somewhat appeasing us with this story, so we don't rebel.

Think about it:-

-We are the Cows
-God is my friend the farmer
-This story of happy ever after is the food
-The cage is apocalypse
-Our Souls are the meat
-He feeds us the (story) food to make us happy and trust him
-Then uses the (story) food to lure into not resisting the (apocalypse)
-Then uses the (apocalypse) cage as way to kill off
-This means that when we die, clearly god feeds our souls to his friends :squintyface:

PS underling I still think it comes back to the whole delusions of glamor thing, where people, think everything needs to be deep, meaningful and flashy,

AllisonWalker
01-13-2010, 06:18 PM
God doesn't have to make sense.

But this thread isn't about God, it's about surviving natural disasters of GLOBAL proportions, like another Black Plague.

JesusRocks
01-13-2010, 07:18 PM
-Just a question then, why did God make earth and humanity....etc and all these other tests, if then one day he is just going to end it and let us into heaven anyway?
=Seems bit pointless to me or the point is more sinister one. My friend is farmer and he has cows, now he feeds these cows up, so they trust him and his food, then when they come to tenderness he uses the food to lure them into cage, where there killed and turned into my dinner. Point is, I think god is somewhat appeasing us with this story, so we don't rebel.

Think about it:-

-We are the Cows
-God is my friend the farmer
-This story of happy ever after is the food
-The cage is apocalypse
-Our Souls are the meat
-He feeds us the (story) food to make us happy and trust him
-Then uses the (story) food to lure into not resisting the (apocalypse)
-Then uses the (apocalypse) cage as way to kill off
-This means that when we die, clearly god feeds our souls to his friends :squintyface:

PS underling I still think it comes back to the whole delusions of glamor thing, where people, think everything needs to be deep, meaningful and flashy,

Briefly, what you're doing is ignoring the change in perception you should make when talking about God. When trying to place yourself in my shoes like you are, your presumption should not still be that death is final. If there is a God as I and many other people believe, then death is not final. Also, from this comes the belief that God does not view death as we view it. Jesus again says that "all people are alive to God" when he was talking about the dead. And in the Bible, God shows that death does not have the same meaning to Him as it does to us, by the amount of people he brings back from the dead.
So, from this, when everyone dies at the end of everything, it's not really as grave or as horrific as you make it sound.
As for the point about making the Earth, nowhere in the Bible does it ever state that this physical state will never exist again after the end. The end of everything is really when God recreates Heaven and Earth... we're created both physical and spiritual, no reason to assume that our heavenly bodies will not be physical. After all, Jesus ate and drank and interacted with things after his resurrection, much in a similar way that any of his disciples would have. Point is that Jesus had a physical body after his resurrection.

Although this is a Christian response to what you just said... after all I can't speak for other faiths... and I wouldn't presume to in discussions like this.

HOWEVER

This thread is not for religious discussion. If you want to continue it, PM me and we can continue it... this thread is for "apocalypses" of a non-religious nature.

Let that continue on from here

Underling
01-14-2010, 03:28 AM
Well that's fine, seeing as I'm not talking about the actual apocalypse. Any time there's some large scale disaster half the Christian right chime in with "OH HO HO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T DO WHAT WE SAY. IF ONLY THERE WERE FEWER GAYS THIS WOULDN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN."

Happened after 9/11, after the tsunami... Pat Robertson's already called Haiti a "blessing in disguise".

Oh, and JR, writing in bold doesn't force me to take you seriously.

JesusRocks
01-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Well that's fine, seeing as I'm not talking about the actual apocalypse. Any time there's some large scale disaster half the Christian right chime in with "OH HO HO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T DO WHAT WE SAY. IF ONLY THERE WERE FEWER GAYS THIS WOULDN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN."

Happened after 9/11, after the tsunami... Pat Robertson's already called Haiti a "blessing in disguise".

Oh, and JR, writing in bold doesn't force me to take you seriously.

But writing in bold does place emphasis on the main point... which might otherwise have been lost in the wall of text.

AllisonWalker
01-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Not all Christians hate gays. Most don't.

Why can't we stay on topic?!

Underling
01-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Seriously, how can a half of a person have a different opinion than the rest of them? I don't get it.

IT MADE PERFECT GRAMMATICAL SENSE, DULLARD.

Not all Christians hate gays. Most don't.

HAHAHA, "MOST DON'T".

EVEN IF I WERE TO BELIEVE THIS TO BE TRUE IN AMERICA...

THAT'D STILL LEAVE ROME, AND IRELAND, AND THE ENTIRE FUNDEMENTALIST AFRICAN SUBCONTINENT.

I DON'T THINK SO, HOLMES.

AllisonWalker
01-14-2010, 04:25 PM
The United States is more diversifed than people admit it to be.

Hell, I had gay classmates, no one cared.

That is true in other countries, but in the US? Unless you're in the Deep South, not too many people give a damn.

And alot of Africa is muslim too.

PegasusJCrawford
01-14-2010, 08:46 PM
We're all going to be brown one day anyway. Everyone is just gunna get over themselves and just start f***ing each other. >.>

I would eat people, i bet a people taste good. I hope no one eats me though...I'm not very yummy...

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
01-14-2010, 11:44 PM
If you want to talk about the apocalypse, in a religious sense, go here.

http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/showthread.php?t=5886

This thread is for non religious apocalypses.

AllisonWalker
01-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
01-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.

meh, it keeps this thread's discussion as it was originally intended, and saves you from coming in every 10 post saying "we are not talking religion, here. Get back on topic."

MrsSallyBakura
01-15-2010, 12:34 PM
If the apocalypse happened?

Eh... I dunno. I don't worry about that kind of stuff. If it comes in my lifetime, I'll worry about it then.

AllisonWalker
01-16-2010, 11:12 PM
By then, it would be too late.

Bakura136
01-19-2010, 03:59 AM
I would probably go lose my virginity if I haven't already, get together with my family and wait...

AllisonWalker
01-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Why would you want to do that?

Bakura136
01-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Because I'd like to stay together with my family until the very end.

AllisonWalker
01-20-2010, 01:04 AM
No, the virginity part. lol

OverMind
01-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Why would you want to do that?

Because I'd like to stay together with my family until the very end.

Best response ever.

Though, the real question is not why he'd do it (obviously, a given) but, rather, whether he'd be too picky under the circumstances?

I think I'd lower my standards a tad bit. But, it's me, so that's probably not even necessary and, in fact, I'd just be doing all you lovely ladies a favour as opposed to the other way around.

Bakura136
01-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Best response ever.

Though, the real question is not why he'd do it (obviously, a given) but, rather, whether he'd be too picky under the circumstances?

I think I'd lower my standards a tad bit. But, it's me, so that's probably not even necessary and, in fact, I'd just be doing all you lovely ladies a favour as opposed to the other way around.
Of course I'd like to attempt to survive at one point, but as long it is with my own family. So I'm not entirely picky about it at all.

And about the virinity thing, after everyone who has continued to talk about sex of course I'd at least try to lose my virginity. I'd like to see what the whole fuss is about, otherwise I may or may not have lived life in an adequate way even though there'd still be other things that I'd probably miss out on if the world ended in the near future so I'd choose to do the things I can and then find my family. I don't really see the point in trying to survive if everything is going to be completely destroyed and everyone around is going to dead, in my opinion that's worse than death.