PDA

View Full Version : Haiti Victims - Donate!

crack
01-13-2010, 04:29 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, so if I've posted this in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

Anyways, most of you probably know the deal with Haiti as of now - there was an earthquake of 7.0 magnitude. Haiti is the poorest country on the Western Hemisphere, and people there suffer without water, food, or shelter everyday.

It's really easy to donate, and there are a various amount of options. You can text the word, "Yele," to 501501, and it automatically takes $5 from your bill and donates that money to the Yelé Haiti Earthquake Fund (Wyclef Jean.org). There are many other charities such as the Red Cross, Unicef, and Artists for Peace and Justice. If you'd like to choose which charity to donate to:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/

One of the many pictures to see how bad it is:

http://twitpic.com/xw8ee

Even a dollar is enough; please consider donating, and spread the word! :)

JesusRocks
01-13-2010, 04:30 PM
One question, are you a bot? :V

crack
01-13-2010, 04:33 PM
One question, are you a bot? :V
No, but if threads like these aren't allowed, I apologize.

Partners in Health started based on donations... Haiti wants help from the US, but I'm not sure if our government will spare anything.
To see a list of what other countries are doing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Haiti_earthquake

JesusRocks
01-13-2010, 04:36 PM
No, but if threads like these aren't allowed, I apologize.

Ah, excellent, I'll leave this thread where it is. It's good to raise awareness about this kind of thing.

Kipper
01-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Bravo JR, you've done your good deed for the day.

Where Underling would have locked this instantly :V

crack
01-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Very true. As of now, they're the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere; it seems almost impossible that their country and their people can cope with such tragedy.

Also, for any Olivia Wilde fans out there, if you donate at least $200, she'll send out a personalized video saying her thanks.

http://twitter.com/oliviawilde

crack
01-13-2010, 04:48 PM
As usual, we can blame the French. The snooty bastards.

<_<

>_>

Not prejudiced at all.
Sorry, but are you implying that I was acting like that? It's hard to tell when my post before had nothing to do with the French.

JesusRocks
01-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Sorry, but are you implying that I was acting like that? It's hard to tell when my post before had nothing to do with the French.

No, he wasn't... he was musing on his own dislike for the French...

crack
01-13-2010, 04:56 PM
No, he wasn't... he was musing on his own dislike for the French...
Huh. I'm partly French.

Aninamar
01-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Very true. As of now, they're the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere; it seems almost impossible that their country and their people can cope with such tragedy.

Also, for any Olivia Wilde fans out there, if you donate at least $200, she'll send out a personalized video saying her thanks.

http://twitter.com/oliviawilde

If it was Jennifer Morrison I'd donate $500...

Eh, I can't even donate anything. Stupid $ -> PLN exchange rate.

AllisonWalker
01-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Huh. I'm partly French.

*IRRATIONAL HATE*

j/k

Underling
01-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Bravo JR, you've done your good deed for the day.

Where Underling would have locked this instantly :V

Whatever you say, sugar.

PegasusJCrawford
01-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Wow, its always the same people isn't it? Something in this forum that is based on kindness and people put on their troll sweaters and roam around. Seriously, pick your battles.

If I had money I'd donate but I'm flat out broke. All I can do is say my heart goes out to all of those affected by the earthquake and hopefully many countries will help out in an attempt to relieve some of the damage done.

PegasusJCrawford
01-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Apparently the airports can't handle all the planes and refuel them because they're so poor so they can't accept the aid also I heard the airport lanes are completely destroyed too so some planes can't even land.

Roseleaf
01-15-2010, 08:12 PM
of course, blame everything on the US. We all thank you. coughdouchecough

You can also donate on MyYearbook. I've already donated $1,000!

Roseleaf
01-15-2010, 08:30 PM
well that doesnt mean its all of Americas fault. Just the government peeps who are dead by now.

Plus it's not like its our fault the pigs got sick. And its not like they HAD to listen.

PegasusJCrawford
01-15-2010, 08:34 PM
I've heard of this before too...its funny when rich countries think they're helping....

I don't think Shining once said it was all of America's fault...he said the goverment...

Fairyriverkit
01-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Well no offense but most of the American population is trying to scratch out a living just as much as anyone else.Some people forget that not all americans are millionaires living off the misfortune of others.That's like saying all Muslims are terrorists or black people are all gangsters.

PegasusJCrawford
01-15-2010, 08:45 PM
....again, this is not what anyone was talking about. I'm sure people that have the chance to help out will.

I wish people would just start reading better...o.o

ThePRPD
01-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Don't you just love that it's only now many people are donating and sending relief to Haiti and giving it and it's people attention when they've always been in a poor condition?

If it wasn't for that earthquake Haiti wouldn't be getting any of this attention.

ThePRPD
01-28-2010, 03:23 PM
I know. That's why I said "many" and not "every".

marjoh3
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
I donate the change I get if I'm buying anything with cash.

kura thief
06-24-2010, 06:16 PM
sorry I can't help. I don't have any money and if I did it would go to my family so we can have food or other things we need