PDA

View Full Version : Scrapped Princess

DarkWarrior
01-14-2010, 12:13 AM
So, over the fall, I got sick and couldn't get out of bed. I decided to watch an anime, something I've never really done besides some old ones for nostalgic purposes. A friend recommended Scrapped Princess. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but damn, it got good, fast.

For those that haven't seen it, I don't want to spoil too much, but I'll give you the premise for the story. A girl who was born a princess was revealed by a god Mauser to be a child that would destroy the world. The military tried to kill her, but she survived, hidden by a family that took her in. Her mother died when she was young of an illness, and her father died fighting, when the military realized the girl was alive and where she was. The girl, along with her adoptive older brother and sister, runs from the town.

For those that have seen it (And spoilers abound, those of you who have not), I'm wondering what you thought of it. I enjoyed it a lot, although I think the ending was a tad too unrealistic. Pacifica should not realistically have lived past that point (The destruction of Mauser was supposed to occur after she died. Meaning she was dead.) And I really was shocked that Cz was killed, especially when Socom had died, and all Shannon had to do was keep her busy until Zefyris had made contact with Natalie to determine the situation aboard the Sealed Planet. The rest of it was handled extremely well, though, and I thought it was just amazing overall. Anyone have any other opinions on this? Or some similar one they'd recommend?

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
01-14-2010, 12:18 AM
OMG, IT"S ALIVE, and Godzilla is Green.

will watch scrapped princess though.

angel of darknezz
02-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I own the first DVD (got it on sale for 5.99)
It's ok, not the greatest anime ever, but it is entertaining.