PDA

View Full Version : Debate League

berober04
01-19-2010, 06:42 PM
After talking with a few people, I've decided to try and revive the Debating forum game on this site. However, unlike Zariak's topic where it was a tournament, I'm going to try something a bit different...

Instead of a tournament style event, I'm going to do this in a type of Debating 'Show' not to dissimilar to this website (http://www.wrestlingrevealed.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25) which I am also a part of. This means I hope to divide debates into 3 'brands': Gaming, Sports, Current Events with the idea being that there is an overall champion and several challengers around him in a, well, wrestling-style format, with different levels of skill, etc.

However, before I start this, I want to know what you people think of this, whether it's a good idea or not. If I think that we have enough people, then I'll set up a social group and we will operate from there, with this topic being used to relay results and stats from the debates etc. So for now, if you would be interested in taking part, please just say so and which categories you'd be willing to debate in (again, these are: Gaming, Sports, Current Events).

Thank you and I'm off to bed now.

killshot
01-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Sounds interesting. I'll join if I don't have to talk about sports. Or I could talk about sports and everyone can get a good laugh at how ignorant I am when it comes to any kind of athletic competition.

AsteriskRocks
01-19-2010, 07:10 PM
OH! OH! A Debate League...so do you get badges for defeating each Debate Leader?

Is there a Debate Frontier after getting all 8 Debate League badges?

and also are there other Debate regions out there?

Fat1Fared
01-19-2010, 09:55 PM
I Join Team Rocket Group Late because they errrrr suck

PS fared is in

Kochiha
01-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Shouldn't there be a music and religion debate since those are the ones that bring about the touchiest subjects?

berober04
01-20-2010, 02:22 AM
If enough people want it...