PDA

View Full Version : Piercings

Kanariya674
01-23-2010, 02:20 PM
How do you guys feel about them? Having pierced ears is pretty common for males and females, but beyond that others will begin to see them as too flashy.

What's your limit, if for yourself or another person? Currently, I have one hole in each ear and a nose piercing. I plan on getting a couple more.

What are some trends you're noticing? A lot of girls I know are getting their tragus (that little nub above the lobe) pierced, which I've never noticed become popular until this year.

Spectrum~Dreams
01-23-2010, 02:55 PM
I have my ears pierced, and I'm thinking about getting my belly button done. If I do, that will be enough for me. :)

What was popular for a while in my school was tongue piercings...never really liked those tbh. And one girl was talking about someone who had piercings down the back of their arms and back, I think that's just showing off.

One piercing I cannot stand is a big ring in the nostrils...I think they call it a bullring or something, those just make me cringe!

AllisonWalker
01-23-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't find piercings attractive. Not my thing.

ThePRPD
01-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Normal ear piercing are fine with me.
Plugs, nose, multiple ear piercings, etc. I don't like.
Especially plugs.

AllisonWalker
01-23-2010, 05:57 PM
^you pretty much got it.

musigal
01-23-2010, 06:01 PM
but no one has addressed multiple ear piercings. :thatface:
personally, I have one in each lobe like normal. I never wear different earrings lol.
my older sister has two in each lobe. my friend hannah has two or three in each lobe and a couple up her cartilage. I don't mind more piercings on the ears for girls, but I would never get them.
for guys, I prefer not
I agree with the whole plugs are gross thing too.

Underling
01-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Guys that have piercings are either:
Gay
Pussies trying to be tough
Gay pussies trying to be tough
Have daddy issues

I'm assuming you have several?

Underling
01-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Umm. No.

I'm straight.
I don't try to act tough.
I'm on good terms with my parents.

Though I'd appreciate you not trying to troll me.

Fine, fine... no need to get your nipple rings in a twist.

MrsSallyBakura
01-23-2010, 07:20 PM
I only have my ears pierced once on each ear. I don't plan on getting anymore, personally.

For other women, a few more on the ears are OK as well as a simple nose and/or eyebrow piercing. Belly button is stretching it. Anything else... no, I don't think it's very attractive. And I agree with everyone else about plugs; they seem really painful and I don't understand the attraction. :S

For guys, IMO they look best without piercings at all, but a couple on the ears is OK sometimes.

And it's worse for women to get their nipples pierced than for men, for practical reasons.

ThePRPD
01-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Guys that have piercings are either:
Gay
Pussies trying to be tough
Gay pussies trying to be tough
Have daddy issues

Pretty ignorant view of piercings you have thar.
Also the general idea is if a guy has a piercing on his right ear, that means he is gay,
but no one has addressed multiple ear piercings.

I did. Look at my first post.

musigal
01-23-2010, 08:06 PM
ah you did. my apologies. =)

OverMind
01-23-2010, 09:10 PM
http://www.ael-ear-piercing.co.uk/piercing-industriel.jpg

I dig any chick with an upper ear piercing.

Underling
01-23-2010, 09:53 PM
That you're defending something as silly as this with as harsh a word as ignorant probably means I'm right on about it, but you don't want to admit it because it either insults you or someone you know.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8762/1263754820956.jpg

>call people with piercings "gay pussies"
>claim "ignorant" is a harsh word

http://www.ael-ear-piercing.co.uk/piercing-industriel.jpg

I dig any chick with an upper ear piercing.

That is kinda nice. Don't think piercings could actually turn me on/off a girl, mind you.

My main issue with them is worrying they'll get caught on something...
Doubt it actually happens that often...

OverMind
01-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Don't think piercings could actually turn me on/off a girl, mind you.

My main issue with them is worrying they'll get caught on something...

On the bright side, tongue piercings do make for an interesting experience.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2008/02/banana_aphrodisiac.jpg

For instance, in eating bananas.

AsteriskRocks
01-23-2010, 10:02 PM
LOL

Underling
01-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Gay pussies is a nice way of saying, "Shit-for-brains asshole dick-eating douches."

Ignorant is a mean way of saying, "I'm better than you."

NOW which is meaner?

but... he is better than you...?

ThePRPD
01-23-2010, 10:10 PM
probably means I'm right on about it, but you don't want to admit it because it either insults you or someone you know.

Stating that something is ignorant doesn't mean I agree with you or think you're right and I don't feel insulted by your belief nor do I feel insulted on the behalf of anyone else.

Gay pussies is a nice way of saying, "Shit-for-brains asshole dick-eating douches."

Ignorant is a mean way of saying, "I'm better than you."

NOW which is meaner?

I can't tell if you're being serious right now.

AllisonWalker
01-23-2010, 10:14 PM

._.

Xanadu
01-23-2010, 11:02 PM

http://www.desuchan.net/ro/src/1264106766979.jpg

Kochiha
01-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Nobody's mentioned a certain kind of piercing only females can get, but I don't find that one attractive, so there.

Xanadu
01-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Nobody's mentioned a certain kind of piercing only females can get, but I don't find that one attractive, so there.

such an image seen above could apply to that...

MrsSallyBakura
01-24-2010, 01:04 AM

If no one else has mentioned it then other people probably don't find it attractive either.

Although I did mention "everything else" as a no-go. But eh.

It actually sounds to me like I'm a bit more liberal about piercings than some people in this thread are - it's a tad surprising lol.

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
01-24-2010, 01:15 AM
The "Prince Albert" Piercing.
A coworker of mine has one.

*Hint, he appears in Dominos Kingdom*

Anyways, when I hear he had it at first, I was like EW, then I was like , OOOH.

Fat1Fared
01-24-2010, 07:52 AM

thats not as nice as you think, if the girl doesn't realise how tender a banana is

=Personally, I’m not a fan anything along the lines of body art, I seriously don’t know why, but tattoos, piercing….etc just ain’t something I personally like (Maybe I like the human body as it is lol) however at sametime, I wouldn’t let it put me off a girl or anything, I mean its their choice and I see it in same way I see anything to do with differentiation in fashion senses, merely a matter of self-opinion, which means it can be got past very easily.

Though I have known some people with extreme piercing, ranging from someone who made a hole in her ear so large, she could get 3 fingers through it <yikes> to a guy who had a pencil in his ear 0_o

=PS trust holy to come out with dribble like that, because something goes against his personal homophobic ideals

Kanariya674
01-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Fat, those are gauge piercings. Aren't they beautiful? >>

Personally, I'm not a fan of them. I'm not big on belly button rings either, but that's because I see many become infected very quickly (of course, this doesn't apply to everyone).

I don't recommend tongue rings either. They will chip at your teeth.

Piercings can really become addictions and some will want them everywhere. My friend has about 23, including a couple on her genitalia. I wouldn't want that for myself.

Here's a good example of going too far:

http://im.in.com/media/blish/o/photos/2009/Sep/pierced_lady_630090903120401_515x343.jpg

But for being less tame, the last facial one I'm getting is this:

http://tattoo.about.com/library/graphics/monroepg.jpg

Fat1Fared
01-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Kan, I know what they are, just saying know poeple with those more extreme senses (think most somoene I know had was about 26 or so though)

Never known anyone with as many as that personally, but do see them around

PegasusJCrawford
01-24-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't see the big deal with guys having piercings to me the people calling them 'pussies' have some unsaid insecurities. Its a shiny thing in your face...oh the humanity....

as for the whore piercings...i agree

I have this little nibblit on the top of my ear that I've always wanted to get pierced...its kinda weird...

It looks like this, the thing at the top.
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/RadRage/IMG_0580.jpg

PegasusJCrawford
01-24-2010, 07:49 PM
For fashion sakes. I know a lot of people who have them but don't act tough or anything...they're just...I dunno...people. O_o

I don't see the big deal thats all...To me this thread seems like another excuse for people to overreact about something that really isn't a big deal.

killshot
01-24-2010, 07:53 PM
But for being less tame, the last facial one I'm getting is this:

http://tattoo.about.com/library/graphics/monroepg.jpg

Why would you do that? It just looks like a wart.

PegasusJCrawford
01-24-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm not overreacting. I'm listing my personal experiences.

I mean this general thread. The people that you met were probably just huge douche bags who happened to have piercing, they could have also had a tattoo, but you don't blame the tattoo for kids trying to act tough, you blame the shiny thing on their face. I just find toughness to be irrelivant to piercings.

Unless...those douche bags said "Im f***ing awesome! I have a piercing! Lets go ride a motorcyle and light shit on fire!!!"

Kanariya674
01-24-2010, 09:56 PM

I guess I have a thing for warts...but seriously, I think they're attractive. It's kind of like how people have beauty marks on their faces. I suppose it makes me vain.

Like Pegasus said, fashion. They can enhance beauty, but for others it throws them off.

This wasn't meant to be an angry thread...>>

ThePRPD
01-24-2010, 10:38 PM
For fashion sakes. I know a lot of people who have them but don't act tough or anything...they're just...I dunno...people. O_O

This.

MrsSallyBakura
01-25-2010, 12:34 AM
For fashion sakes. I know a lot of people who have them but don't act tough or anything...they're just...I dunno...people. O_o

This x2.

It could also be a "beauty mark," lol.

And it's shinier than a wart, so already it looks better than a regular one... I suppose.

Spectrum~Dreams
01-25-2010, 03:03 PM
The picture at the top is actually gross!

I know someone who had their hip pierced, seemed very impractical as she used to complain about how it got caught on her trousers alot.

Change of Heart
01-25-2010, 03:29 PM
I kind of agree with Spectrum-Dreams! sure everyone's entitled to feel control of their body, though if one's as pierced as that guy I doubt they would be for I'd be following em with a magnet XD

It's fine if it's simple like an earring or 2 or even a belly button piercing (and forget about tongue piercing!)...but to go so extreme well kind of unnerving.... heh bet that guy'd set a lot of alarms at the airports, probably thinking security's gonna rape the poor guy...and for the record as I was typing I luckily caught myself mistyping security into sexurity...but a part of me thinks meh it goes with what would've happened anyway ^_^ meh.

MrsSallyBakura
01-25-2010, 09:18 PM
I never saw this episode of Mythbusters, but as far as I remember someone telling me, they tested the myth about how if you have a ton of piercings, you're more likely to get struck by lightning. They tested this myth on Buster (their dummy) and it ended up failing. So then they stuck a doorknob on the top of his head and then he got struck by lightning.

So if you don't want to get struck my lightning, don't pierce(?) a doorknob at the top of your head.

musigal
01-25-2010, 09:57 PM
I guess I have a thing for warts...but seriously, I think they're attractive. It's kind of like how people have beauty marks on their faces. I suppose it makes me vain.

I have a "beauty mark" MOLE! on my face near my lip. it's closer to it than that piercing is, but kinda the samish. you can see it in any pic of me. yeah.

PegasusJCrawford
01-26-2010, 03:47 PM
I have a "beauty mark" MOLE! on my face near my lip. it's closer to it than that piercing is, but kinda the samish. you can see it in any pic of me. yeah.

OMG!!! I have one right smack in the middle of my face! I've always hated it until I did a little disgusting self surgery and took it off, the next day I went to school and people were like "wtf is wrong with you? I loved that thing"
I always just assumed people thought it was gross....

niknnik
01-26-2010, 04:22 PM
People want to stab holes in their skin and put a bit of metal into it?
Go ahead :V

Fat1Fared
01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
People want to stab holes in their skin and put a bit of metal into it?
Go ahead :V

In soviet Russian jewelry wears You!!!

Yellow
01-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't really like piercings or tattoos for that matter. 'Cuz your stuck with them. Why limit you freedom and ability to change who you are? I try to not do anything I can't change later.
... which is why I'll never get married. :/

OverMind
01-26-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't really like piercings or tattoos for that matter. 'Cuz your stuck with them. Why limit you freedom and ability to change who you are? I try to not do anything I can't change later.
... which is why I'll never get married. :/

I find this counter-intuitive to why some people get piercings and tattoos in the first place; to express individuality.

And on the philosophy of immutability; I'd argue that it's a healthy part of the human experience for people to change as the live life - whether the change is permanent or not.

geminigirl
01-26-2010, 11:20 PM
My sister and I both do not have any piercings and that is considered odd because we are female.

Honestly I guess I do not have a problem with piercings but I would not get any myself because it does not seem very practical. I mean all of the girls who play certain sports such as basketball and netball have to take out their piercings to play and put them back in again later and sometimes earrings etc go missing....I think it is too much of a hassle.

musigal
01-26-2010, 11:24 PM
I know some girls without piercings too

MrsSallyBakura
01-27-2010, 12:22 AM
I know some girls without piercings too

Me as well. Although most girls I know only have their ears pierced once.

That reminds me that I haven't actually worn earrings in a while...

AllisonWalker
01-27-2010, 12:27 AM
I have no piercings whatsoever.

Eia
02-22-2010, 11:47 PM
*semi-necros*

On one hand, piercings can be hot. If you know how to wear them and carry yourself.

On the other hand, I've seen way too many guys with pierced ears who just look like dumbasses because they wear these giant diamond studs and it just makes me lol. And I'm not a fan of tongue piercings at all. Also, girls with like 20 piercings up and down the ridge of their ear and in the lobe is also just, no.

I, personally, have no piercings, and will never get them. I just don't like pain. And my hair is so freaking curly that any earrings I got would just end up causing a tangled mass around my ears. Also that pain thing. Just... piercing through a scar... *shudders*

... *refuses to address body piercings*

Kanariya674
02-23-2010, 08:34 PM
*semi-necros*

On one hand, piercings can be hot. If you know how to wear them and carry yourself.

On the other hand, I've seen way too many guys with pierced ears who just look like dumbasses because they wear these giant diamond studs and it just makes me lol. And I'm not a fan of tongue piercings at all. Also, girls with like 20 piercings up and down the ridge of their ear and in the lobe is also just, no.

I, personally, have no piercings, and will never get them. I just don't like pain. And my hair is so freaking curly that any earrings I got would just end up causing a tangled mass around my ears. Also that pain thing. Just... piercing through a scar... *shudders*

... *refuses to address body piercings*

It's interesting how you won't get earrings because of your curly hair. Whenever I wear hoops (the kinds with the gaps) I have such a horrible time dealing with my hair getting stuck on the earring. I have to wear closed hoops all of the time instead of those, but studs with little backings never give me issues. But otherwise, I don't really have a hassle with jewelry.

Some people can't stand the idea of needles and pain, which is very understandable. For some, it doesn't hurt at all - for me, at least in the ear, it tickles.

And guy studs? I don't know what men you've been seeing with giant studs - I haven't seen any yet. Though a man with a nice diamond in his ear...Oh hellll yeah.

BloodyLimey
03-02-2010, 08:44 AM
I have *counts* 8 piercings currently, 7 in my ears and 1 on my lip. I did have my nose pierced but it never healed properly and I got sick of trying to hide it from my piercing-hating relatives and wound up taking it out. Lord knows the rest of them will probably follow the same fate once I've finished my degree this year. :(

For me they weren't a way of looking "hard", they just became a bit of an indulgence and a habit.

xHannahx
03-02-2010, 02:54 PM
my brother has a pierced scrotum...

niknnik
03-02-2010, 05:04 PM
What the fu-

MrsSallyBakura
03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
my brother has a pierced scrotum...

http://sharkrobot.com/images/large/shirt_kidsthesedays_LRG.jpg

AllisonWalker
03-02-2010, 11:01 PM
What the fu-

ck?

xHannahx
03-03-2010, 08:46 AM
and a nipple piercing :thatface:

Xanadu
03-03-2010, 09:46 AM
those only belong on girls :tongue:

MrsSallyBakura
03-03-2010, 03:52 PM
those only belong on girls :tongue:

My male cousin has one. Or at least had it.

Although it's safer for guys to have a nipple piercing, since, you know, they don't breast feed...

AllisonWalker
03-03-2010, 04:44 PM
What Sally said.

Xanadu
03-03-2010, 05:18 PM

Although it's safer for guys to have a nipple piercing, since, you know, they don't breast feed...

too true, but I assume if the woman is gonna have kids she'd take it out and it would grow over
I donno a lot of mothers with strange piercings

MrsSallyBakura
03-03-2010, 07:00 PM
too true, but I assume if the woman is gonna have kids she'd take it out and it would grow over

The thought just makes me shudder.

MariksSexKitten
03-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm fine with piercings as long as they seem tasteful or attractive. But scrotum piercing, oww..

MrsSallyBakura
03-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I feel like people get piercings in weird places like that because they want to rebel. They don't do it because they think that it looks good.

I don't mind piercings as long as you get one for the sake of looking good, not to say eff you to your parents. :V

Xanadu
03-03-2010, 11:39 PM
The thought just makes me shudder.

well the thought of some guy, going into a piercing place and looking at the guy and saying;
ear isn't enough!
nipple isn't enough!
so you know what I want you to do?! I want you to drive a big spike threw my cock and put a ring in there...or no! drive a spike threw my ball sack and put a ring threw there
chick's 'll sure love that...right...?!

MrsSallyBakura
03-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Sounds bloody... and likely that he wouldn't be able to have sex correctly.

I'll pass.

Fat1Fared
03-04-2010, 07:45 AM
It isn't sally bloody, now I wouldn't want it, but like with most things of this nature, leave them to it,

-Also as for the rebellion against parsents, well one of my Aunts payed for my Couison to get one, (so there go)

-And though my Mother is against...... errrr well everything and my sister does these thigns like pericing in exstreme places, far from being rebellion, my mum doesn't know and my Sister doesn't tell her, to stop conflict

xHannahx
03-04-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm fine with piercings as long as they seem tasteful or attractive. But scrotum piercing, oww..

yaww, he had to take it out when he was circumcised because...you know :V

I'm an asshole sister

Xanadu
03-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Sounds bloody... and likely that he wouldn't be able to have sex correctly.

I'll pass.

its extreme
EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

BloodyLimey
03-06-2010, 01:11 PM

Actually it's just as safe for either sex. A woman has thousands of milk ducts in her nipples and a piercing severs only a few hundred of these.

/science moment