PDA

View Full Version : How many of you hate yugioh gx and 5ds?

angel of darknezz
02-27-2010, 01:48 PM
I hate them both. With a passion.

Anybody else???

EDIT: Disregard this... it was in a time when people annoyed me with it. Now, I love GX and 5Ds. With a passion.

yamiangie
02-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't care for GX as far as I can tell the plot of 5ds makes a lot more sence.

angel of darknezz
02-27-2010, 03:05 PM
I refuse to give either a try. In my opinion, they're an insult to the original seires.

roxasabridged
02-27-2010, 03:12 PM
GX was great. It gets better every season, and the characters are just as awesome as the originals.

Haven't bothered with 5D's yet.

wazza2k9
02-27-2010, 03:14 PM
GX? i watched that a few times, i hated, but for some reason, i couldn't change the channel. i wanted to, but my brain said "no"

angel of darknezz
02-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I guess I am just stubborn. I suppose I find the idea of a whole school for teaching yugioh to be absurd.

ggctuk
02-27-2010, 05:37 PM
The GX Manga is better than the anime, by a long stretch. It's more of a direct sequel to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Manga that abandons the plot of the anime completely.

angel of darknezz
02-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Ohara
02-27-2010, 07:22 PM
I like GX simply because of how fun it is to tear apart while watching it with a group of incredibly bored friends.

angel of darknezz
02-28-2010, 02:32 PM
I like GX simply because of how fun it is to tear apart while watching it with a group of incredibly bored friends.

I suppose I can understand that. However, I refuse to seriously watch it.

Elliot Gale
02-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Been watching 5Ds every week for a long time now... it has its problems, but it proves to be fairly exciting.

Not like YGO DM was a work of art anyway.

Haven't bothered with GX.

Darkfireness
02-28-2010, 05:18 PM
I only like Jaden, his design is cool, other then that, neutral

angel of darknezz
02-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Huh....

Gohanreturn
02-28-2010, 09:37 PM
i hate GX and 5Ds kinda
i mean dueling on a crazy motorcycle? O_o
wouldn't their cards fly with the wind cuz of the speed?
and this synchron summon thing
is like mixing monster and some mathematics
hate it

Elliot Gale
02-28-2010, 09:54 PM
It's more like "Fusions done correctly".

As for the whole wind thing... 5Ds gets around it with the rule of cool (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool).

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
02-28-2010, 10:07 PM
GX, 5Ds, and even YGO:TOS are all decent animes in their own right, 4kids Censors just decided to rape the shit out of them turning them to garbage.

ChouToshio
02-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Here's what I got out of each one:

GX:
Ryou (Zane) is a bad ass
Asuka (Alexis) has nice boobs
. . . I'm done here.

Comment from one of my fangirl friends: I took one look at Judai's (Jaden's) hair, and then put the comic book down.

5Ds:
Yu-gi-oh trying to go emo-matrix? Yeah, not feeling it . . . plus all the main characters are trying way too hard to be cool to the point where none of them have any personality. Yuusei somehow manages to create a protagonist even more lacking in personality than Yami. Jack bores me because he does not have the guts to be as much of an ass as Kaiba. At least in GX, all the other characters were clowns so that we could highlight Ryou's bad-ass-ness.

On another note, Aki has to be the single hottest female character in all of yu-gi-oh (not saying much), and perhaps from any main-stream anime I've seen in the last 5 years or so (that's saying much). I love her character design too. While she does fall into the same sad "I'm so cliche bad-ass I'm boring" pit that the rest of the 5Ds characters, she's the only one that really makes it work for me.

Also here's how I summarize the 10th movie special:

*Aki's Boobs*
Yugi: Who the fuck are all you people?
Yusei: If we try to explain that, we won't have time for the card game-- just oggle his time traveling motorcycle.

END

CHEERS TO 10 YEARS OF YU-GI-OH!! PLEASE CONTINUE TO BUY CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES FROM NOW ON! THANK YOU!!

roxasabridged
03-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I guess I am just stubborn. I suppose I find the idea of a whole school for teaching yugioh to be absurd.

Well, if Children's Card Games are the preffered method of controlling/taking over/saving the world, you may as well teach everyone how to play the game. Otherwise they'll be losers.

ggctuk
03-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Yep, considering that since Duelist, Yu-Gi-Oh! is nothing more than a card game...

azugirlohshc
03-01-2010, 05:07 PM
If it wasn't for the whole Egyptian background I woudn't watch Yu-Gi-Oh, because it'd just be card games.
So I don't really like GX, but I haven't even seen 5D's yet.

Original is best! ^o^

AllisonWalker
03-01-2010, 07:26 PM
I can't stand it. When my brother watches it, I get sick.

5D's just recycles character types.
Like Jack trying to be like Kaiba. It's pathetic. Come up with something new, please.

Basketcat
03-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I dislike GX.
I started 5Ds but got bored after a while and gave up on it. I only like the animation in it though.

Katya
03-01-2010, 11:27 PM
I couldn't get past three episodes of GX.

5Ds, on the other hand, I actually enjoy. Well, the original Japanese version anyway...the dub made me *facepalm* because I'm sorry, I can't take Yusei seriously if he's got Tristan's voice. :tongue: Though I've only watched partway through season two (I think I'm up to episode 52); from what I've heard, the recent season is full of crack.

Can't beat the original cracktastic-yet-lovable series in my book, though. :smiley1:

Ohara
03-02-2010, 12:27 AM
I suppose I can understand that. However, I refuse to seriously watch it.
I guess what I should've said after that is how terrible I think they are from both an opinionative and objectional viewpoint. I would never seriously watch it, either, or even bother trying to. :tongue:

Elliot Gale
03-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I can't stand it. When my brother watches it, I get sick.

5D's just recycles character types.
Like Jack trying to be like Kaiba. It's pathetic. Come up with something new, please.

These character types are recycled ad infinitum across pretty much any series of the Shonen genre, so it's a moot point.

ChouToshio
03-02-2010, 11:18 AM
I couldn't get past three episodes of GX.

5Ds, on the other hand, I actually enjoy. Well, the original Japanese version anyway...the dub made me *facepalm* because I'm sorry, I can't take Yusei seriously if he's got Tristan's voice. :tongue: Though I've only watched partway through season two (I think I'm up to episode 52); from what I've heard, the recent season is full of crack.

Can't beat the original cracktastic-yet-lovable series in my book, though. :smiley1:

Ok, I've only watched the Japanese, and I have to say that I found the first season entertaining enough. Again, a little bit cliche but I can work with it.

As soon as the boys started their card-game street gang "Team Satisfaction" (Manzoku saseruze!) . . .

*step back* *turn off* *scarred for life*

"This must be some bizarre alternative universe where nerds bully other nerds."

I speak Japanese, and I can honestly say that the original is every bit as cheesy as the dub (if not more). If you don't feel that, bone up on your Japanese.

AllisonWalker
03-02-2010, 03:36 PM
These character types are recycled ad infinitum across pretty much any series of the Shonen genre, so it's a moot point.

But you can refresh things and use the same archtypes. They didn't even bother to do that.

Katya
03-02-2010, 03:50 PM
As soon as the boys started their card-game street gang "Team Satisfaction" (Manzoku saseruze!) . . .

*step back* *turn off* *scarred for life*

"This must be some bizarre alternative universe where nerds bully other nerds."

I speak Japanese, and I can honestly say that the original is every bit as cheesy as the dub (if not more). If you don't feel that, bone up on your Japanese.
I rely on fansubs. I know a smattering of Japanese words, and a touch of basic grammar and that's it lol. Chalk it up to being an ignorant American who can only truly speak American. :wink:

It is cheesy, but the dub, as per usual, sanitizes things to a ridiculous degree. And the voices are just wrong (Tristan = Yusei? Australian version of Bakura = Jack? Do not approve). So I keep to the fansubs.

Haha I heard the Team Satisfaction thing got kind of weird. I don't think I've gotten there yet...just in the backstory episodes with Kiryu so far (which I LOLed at, because like you said, "this must be some bizarre alternate universe where nerds bully other nerds", but didn't mind too much). The motorcycle thing still kills me a bit, though. XD

Umbreon
03-02-2010, 09:39 PM
I can't say that I hate it...I haven't even really watched either of them. Ok, maybe I saw a few episodes of GX but that's it...
Maybe if they weren't dubbed by 4kids I would be more interested in watching it...lol

But the last episode of GX I'll watch cause it has Yugi in it.

And the new move: Yugioh 5DX. I'll watch that too! :D

angel of darknezz
03-04-2010, 06:21 PM
The original will always be better.

Elliot Gale
03-05-2010, 05:13 AM
The original > new superiority complex really has to stop...

gwtyler1985
03-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Here's my view of GX:
the main character's an idiot.
Ok, E hero's. I SUMMON... hawkman? what the hell?
yugi-centric sidekick character, abiguous transvestite teacher, the card game playing nerd version of vegeta for a rival, BOING! bad ass, wait a minute... what the hell is kaiba doing here? and then when i think that i can tolerate it... they introduce the actual villians and things just go downhill from there. I didn't make it past the first season.

as for 5Ds, i fell off right at the part with ushio playing cardgames on a motorcycle. plus i have the strangest suspicion that he may be a pedo. he just has this unreasonable obsession with all of the main characters, who happen to be kids.

YamiandYugiFanGirl
03-17-2010, 09:48 PM
I HATE GX, but I'm good with 5d's
But the original was the bomb

dimonds
03-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Personaly i say for one i don't like the english version its alright but come on it went way far away from the plot.

the Japanese they have all the best action yu-gi-oh Dm in Japanese was awsome
Yu-Gi-Oh Gx was alright they had not many fights and stuck to being in the school (mostly)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5ds in japanese is like wow cussing,punches,better plot,blood,and much alot of feeling they actuly kicked the card game into the next level all they need now is to bring the cards to life like in the show

Seta Kino
03-23-2010, 01:30 PM
I hated both GX and 5D's. That's not to say that I didn't give them a chance. I did. I just couldn't tolerate either of them. The original will always and forever more be the best. But that's just my opinion.

Coolysouthkid
03-24-2010, 08:26 AM
There very different but still good in my view. I mean the dub. i like the dub though the subbed Yugioh Zero is kickass!

90HeroMAXD
03-27-2010, 01:27 AM
I like how only two people(exaggerating) who posted actually had a good reason to hate the series, everyone else is just one sentence usually with the words: I, hate and it

each show has a flaw and we all know it. The only reason why people like the first one is because we grew up with it.
Honestly I used to hate GX and 5D because of this. I gave them both a fair chance and looked it in the eyes of a child(Childhood powers GO!!!) and you know what. 5D is not bad.

Everyone grips about it saying "Oh its on motorbikes" yeah so? Its not bad for a series to take a new approaches. I mean Sonic wasn't always running. He went to racing and party games as well. did they suck. Most people say yes, but I thought Sonic R was fun. So was Sonic Shuffle.

5D only has few motorbike duels. When the Dark Signer arc was starting I saw about 3-4 duels out of 20 episodes or so. take that into an average and only 1/5 of it was motor bikes divide that by 30 and only 6 minutes of an episode would be dedicated to the motorbike duel if the entire arc as 30 minutes long.

5D complainers also say: OH syncron is too confusing.

Yeah ,sure. Syncro is nothing more then a fancier version of union monsters.
Just a bit of more requirements you need to actually summon them.

Cons of 5D: Too many characters. I honestly get the names confused at times because they are so many.

Now GX is meh in standards. Mainly because of how terrible the dubbing was for GX. I tolerated both 5D and the YGO, but their was bad dubbing, bad censoring, and they skipped an entire season.

When I mean by censoring I mean any japanese references.
They call Tempora(fried shrimp to you english folks) French fries in one episode and if I am not mistaken the very next episode they had "French Fries", but instead they called it "Fried Shrimp" yeah consistent ain't it.

The concept was nice at the time, but because they had a limited enviroment they had to rely on really weird shaft to happen. Like some emo kid gets possed by Ashula Danshaku(you'll never get this reference)

Yu-Gi-Oh: Apperently everyone loved this. Most likely its just the characters appearances.
Becaues I hear "Oh bakura is so Kawaii" or some crap like that on Deviantart.
Story was paper thin and redundant.
"These are Locater Cards, not star chips."
The only season I actually liked was the last season because wouldn't ya know they tried going for a different approach. With little to no childeren's card game in site. Only ancient egyptian slabs of stone.

Now I have yet to read Yu-Gi-Oh R, but my hopes aren't high at all.

DeltaHK
03-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Hey! This is my bread and butter you're f**king with!

Staclara
03-27-2010, 09:51 PM
I simply dont like either of them because YUGI isnt even in them!!!! Why have it be called "Yu-Gi-Oh" whatever, if that character is barely, if even shown??? Why not just call it "Duel Monsters" or something??? Geez...

Kanap
03-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Synchros are easy to get actually play the game and it makes sense.

roxasabridged
03-28-2010, 08:05 AM
I simply dont like either of them because YUGI isnt even in them!!!! Why have it be called "Yu-Gi-Oh" whatever, if that character is barely, if even shown??? Why not just call it "Duel Monsters" or something??? Geez...

Because Yu-Gi-Oh isn't Yugi's name.

NinjaLlama
03-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh means "Game King," so technically it still counts as the name for the series. Personally I love the original and i like gx. But when i watched 5d's... it was painful, i'll leave it at that.
"Dear 4kids,
you failed... big time."

NinjaSloth
03-28-2010, 08:35 AM
agreed with the above!

NinjaLlama
03-28-2010, 08:39 AM
agreed with the above!

thank you NinjaSloth!

NinjaSloth
03-28-2010, 08:49 AM
i like cake

Quackers
03-30-2010, 11:27 PM
I have tried to watch GX, and I did sort of like what I saw there but I still can't really get into it, I don't know. I also tried watching 5d's but I thought it was so dumb I didn't even bother watching any more of it.

I'm just one of those people that prefer the original. Sometimes it's best to leave things the way they are rather than try to do spin offs.

I haven't read Yu-Gi-Oh R either yet though.

AnAliasUnknown
04-06-2010, 11:15 AM
I haven't really even touched either of those, and I don't know if I will in the near future.

I think I still prefer Season 0, honestly. The card games get a bit old, and I like the darker components involved in Season 0.

My_Insanity
04-09-2010, 01:33 AM
I tried GX and really didn't like it (although DSI's abridged GX is amazing), sorry GX I tried to like you.

I really do like 5D's though, more than the original even. It has a plot, the card games on bikes are badass and it just seems to work.

Darth Kaza
04-09-2010, 08:43 AM
i totaly hate both shows so hard...there is only one card game show. and 4kids ruined it honestly season 0 was so awesome

Ishalen
04-21-2010, 02:53 PM
I tried to watch both but I just really didn't like 'em xD
Original FTW <3

Skoringo
04-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Both are no where near the original, however I'll just say this:
I LOVE YU-GI-OH!
I like Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
I dislike (NOT HATE) Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds
I will watch 5Ds only cause theres nothing else on

Lambdadelta
04-24-2010, 04:11 PM
I haven't really even touched either of those, and I don't know if I will in the near future.

I think I still prefer Season 0, honestly. The card games get a bit old, and I like the darker components involved in Season 0.

Ditto.

Kipper
04-24-2010, 04:59 PM
GX plain out sucked 'cept for season 4. 5D's on the other hand is actually really good and the newfags have to stop being all " LOLOLOL CARDGAMES ON MOTORCYCLESS WHAT THIS IS" before giving the series a chance.

ShadyVox
04-25-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't hate the GX series, but I don't necessarily like it either.

Dark_Magician_Girl
04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
I hate them both too!!!! SO. MUCH. It's the same burning hatred I have for kidzbop. ESPECIALLY KIDZ BOP SINGS THE BEATLES. HOW MFING DARE THEY???? It makes me want to murder them in their sleep.

Baby Panda
04-25-2010, 10:34 PM
I hate GX with a passion. As for 5Ds, I've recently given the dub a chance, and every time Jack Atlus speaks, I want to swallow shards of glass. The Japanese version, however, is pretty cool.

Silent One
04-26-2010, 04:41 AM
I watch them, I don't really have many problems with them, other than I miss the Egyptian elements.

The only characters I like are,

GX - Zane, and Yubel

5d's - Akiza, and Crow.

Beyond Card Games
04-26-2010, 08:27 AM
I hate GX with a passion. As for 5Ds, I've recently given the dub a chance, and every time Jack Atlus speaks, I want to swallow shards of glass. The Japanese version, however, is pretty cool.

Kekeke, that made me laugh. It's so true.

I really ought to give the Japanese version of 5D's a chance, I suppose. We all got to see what YGO was like with Tristan as the main character.
Woo.
It was just as mind-blowing as expected.

As for the GX, the bright colours and 'quirky' catchphrases made my skin crawl. The sad thing was, as much as I hated Jaden, there was an extremely wide range of annoying idiots to choose from.

Cash in while you can! Keep the crappy sequels going for as long as possible..........

tyyyppi
04-26-2010, 02:33 PM
I haven't watched either of them properly. Just a bit of GX (..the ending, actually, or so I remember) and a little of the beginning of the 5D. And.. Yeah. First things first, I never liked the cardgames too much (sometimes, yes), so it felt like that GX and 5D were all about them since there weren't all the awesome things that made me love Yu-Gi-Oh. And I was all like "oh, no, no, nO!" when I watched the first episode of 5D... seriously... cardgames on motorcycles? no.. just no.

So, yeah.

Anna-aurion
04-26-2010, 02:48 PM
I've never really cared about those two shows. the original is still the best.

Persona
04-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Well, gx SUCKED! I mean really?! I have no idea what they where trying to do with that but it was a BAD fail! as for 5D's it's okay, I can actually sit through the japanese version of the show but it still can't measure up to the original Yu-Gi-Oh that was just awesome!

Seeminglyeasy
05-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Honestly I like 5D's. Sure the aspect of CARD GAMES ON MOTERCYCLES is a bit...well yeah. But the story as it goes on is pretty good. :3 And Misty is hot. Seriously.

Now GX is a different story. It took forever for the actual plot to show up. I just...I can't stand it. I feel GX was sort of a "the producers needed something new made fast to draw in more fans so the creator randomly pulled a story and some characters out of his butt and VOILA." But 5D's I think he tried harder on.

maisetofan
05-10-2010, 03:19 AM
I cannot stand either, i will not watch 5D's and GX was pathetic
I mean jayden??? seriously and his little supposed comic relief buddy Cyrus
And naturally they dubbed it and then if u watch some of the clips on youtube, they tried to make their very own parody of it, so they were promoting a show that they were telling viewers "basically made no sense whatsoever" thats ridiculous

Also i dislike the animation, and the characters were nit a patch on marik or bakura and there is no mai so yeah it fails for me

Ichibi-chan
05-10-2010, 01:13 PM
ugh...can't stand either >.< I was in japan when GX started...couldn't even handle the japanese one

JesusRocks
05-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Of course I dislike GX and 5Ds

I don't even like the original Yu-Gi-Oh!
hence why I watch a parody, mocking it.

TitanAura
05-12-2010, 01:48 AM
Of course I dislike GX and 5Ds

I don't even like the original Yu-Gi-Oh!
hence why I watch a parody, mocking it.
Well some people, like myself, like the original for the characters but all of them literally get swept away by the massive wave of card games, drowning out most character development in favor of incredibly bizarre storytelling, ungodly use of dues ex machina, and blatant uninformed usage of western symbolism.

Draconia Dominus
05-13-2010, 02:20 AM
I actually kinda like 5Ds... well, the Japanese version, anyway. Not up to the stage I would fantard over it, though.

I haven't watched much GX, but from some clips I've watched, the dub version is atrocious. The Japanese seems alright-ish, though.

littleblondegirl
05-14-2010, 06:47 PM
For a while now I have completely restented GX and 5D's just because I am literally so obsessed with the original series...but a few days ago I started reading the GX manga...and well, it's terrible. But I'm only going to continue the series because it's so stupid it's funny. My friends and I like to joke about how Alexis is the love child of Mai and Joey...and Syrus from Yugi and Weevil xDD In the manga, there is a little short illustration at the end of one of the chapters telling how GX was created: The creator of the series received a phone call from his drunk producers telling him to make a GX manga. Hence, GX was born. It does not surprise me one bit. xDD

killing_me_softly
05-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Here's what I got out of each one:

5Ds:
Yu-gi-oh trying to go emo-matrix? Yeah, not feeling it . . . plus all the main characters are trying way too hard to be cool to the point where none of them have any personality. Yuusei somehow manages to create a protagonist even more lacking in personality than Yami. Jack bores me because he does not have the guts to be as much of an ass as Kaiba. At least in GX, all the other characters were clowns so that we could highlight Ryou's bad-ass-ness.

this was on the first page, but i couldn't have said it better. :thatface:

ValkyrieJuno
05-30-2010, 03:52 PM
It's understandable on why all of you are dissing GX and 5D's. However, while I do think the original is the best GX and 5D's are pretty good too. I used to not like either of them but after trying GX I thought to myself, "Hey it's really different but it doesn't suck like I thought it would." And not too long ago I tried out 5D's thinking it was gonna be crap but it was also pretty good. And yes, everyone, all three have their flaws.

On GX, Jaden is indeed not what you would expect out of a Yugioh protagonist. He is fun-loving, always cheerful and goofy, and doesn't always take things seriously. Yes it's different but it's not bad. But for those of you are hoping for a dark mysterious protagonist like Atem was, then let me tell you that he changes dramatically in season 4 where he's hot, badass, darker, and a lot more serious. His deck is pretty cool in my opinion. Yugi's deck is awesome but you have to admit there isn't a actual theme to it like you see other characters have. In GX a lot of the characters have themed decks, examples: Jaden with his Elemental Heroes/Neo-Spacians deck, Zane with his Cyber-style deck, and Jesse with his Crystal Beast deck.

It's true, the actual plot doesn't come in until season 3, though it comes in indirectly in season 2 too. So if you want to try it out and want to get to the plot, start on season 3. The plot also gives development on Jaden's character, letting you learn about his past, how it affects the storyline, and what his purpose is as a protagonist. GX also features that darkness is the good side in some parts while light is evil. -_- Go watch season 2 to see what I mean if you're confused. Apparently Jaden is supposed to use darkness to defeat an evil force called The Light Of Destruction. Once again, development on his character. And hey, season 3's villain, Yubel, is the closest thing to a female villain we've had in the entire Yugioh universe so far. (Technically she's a hermaphrodite.) And getting to that, while I don't mean to spoil anything, but I wouldn't call Jaden completely human after season 3 ends and season 4 starts. Technically in season 4 he's half human and half duel monster. C'mon, you have to admit that's a bit badass. If you don't think so and you love Twilight then why do you think vampires are awesome but Jaden isn't? Discrimination maybe? You wouldn't complain if this kind of thing happened to Yugi/Atem. And Jaden's eye color changing is wicked. :D

The supporting characters are kinda iffy in GX but not all of them are bad. My personal favorites are Jesse and Jim, and they don't even show up in season 3. I personally like how each character has a unique personality with their own sense of humor that each GX fan can identify with. What makes GX different from the original and 5D's is that Jaden doesn't necessarily have one true rival. Yugi and Atem had Kaiba, and Yusei somewhat had Jack, but Jaden doesn't really. He had a friendly rivalry with Zane in season 1 and Aster was only a rival for the entire season 2.

It's kinda fun that you see some of the characters again from the original. You see Kaiba in several episodes, as well as Pegasus who has even more lines then Kaiba, Yugi only briefly in the first episode but you see him a LOT more at the end of GX when he's talking and dueling Jaden, and even Yugi's grandpa around episode 75. At least you know what happened to the original characters in GX unlike in 5D's where you're thinking "where the hell are the original characters right now?!"

I would like to hear all of your opinions on what I just said now.

LordZorc
06-13-2010, 05:36 PM
It's understandable on why all of you are dissing GX and 5D's. However, while I do think the original is the best GX and 5D's are pretty good too. I used to not like either of them but after trying GX I thought to myself, "Hey it's really different but it doesn't suck like I thought it would." And not too long ago I tried out 5D's thinking it was gonna be crap but it was also pretty good. And yes, everyone, all three have their flaws.

On GX, Jaden is indeed not what you would expect out of a Yugioh protagonist. He is fun-loving, always cheerful and goofy, and doesn't always take things seriously. Yes it's different but it's not bad. But for those of you are hoping for a dark mysterious protagonist like Atem was, then let me tell you that he changes dramatically in season 4 where he's hot, badass, darker, and a lot more serious. His deck is pretty cool in my opinion. Yugi's deck is awesome but you have to admit there isn't a actual theme to it like you see other characters have. In GX a lot of the characters have themed decks, examples: Jaden with his Elemental Heroes/Neo-Spacians deck, Zane with his Cyber-style deck, and Jesse with his Crystal Beast deck.

It's true, the actual plot doesn't come in until season 3, though it comes in indirectly in season 2 too. So if you want to try it out and want to get to the plot, start on season 3. The plot also gives development on Jaden's character, letting you learn about his past, how it affects the storyline, and what his purpose is as a protagonist. GX also features that darkness is the good side in some parts while light is evil. -_- Go watch season 2 to see what I mean if you're confused. Apparently Jaden is supposed to use darkness to defeat an evil force called The Light Of Destruction. Once again, development on his character. And hey, season 3's villain, Yubel, is the closest thing to a female villain we've had in the entire Yugioh universe so far. (Technically she's a hermaphrodite.) And getting to that, while I don't mean to spoil anything, but I wouldn't call Jaden completely human after season 3 ends and season 4 starts. Technically in season 4 he's half human and half duel monster. C'mon, you have to admit that's a bit badass. If you don't think so and you love Twilight then why do you think vampires are awesome but Jaden isn't? Discrimination maybe? You wouldn't complain if this kind of thing happened to Yugi/Atem. And Jaden's eye color changing is wicked. :D

The supporting characters are kinda iffy in GX but not all of them are bad. My personal favorites are Jesse and Jim, and they don't even show up in season 3. I personally like how each character has a unique personality with their own sense of humor that each GX fan can identify with. What makes GX different from the original and 5D's is that Jaden doesn't necessarily have one true rival. Yugi and Atem had Kaiba, and Yusei somewhat had Jack, but Jaden doesn't really. He had a friendly rivalry with Zane in season 1 and Aster was only a rival for the entire season 2.

It's kinda fun that you see some of the characters again from the original. You see Kaiba in several episodes, as well as Pegasus who has even more lines then Kaiba, Yugi only briefly in the first episode but you see him a LOT more at the end of GX when he's talking and dueling Jaden, and even Yugi's grandpa around episode 75. At least you know what happened to the original characters in GX unlike in 5D's where you're thinking "where the hell are the original characters right now?!"

^IAWTC

Chiru
06-18-2010, 01:16 AM
I watched GX because of LK and Shadyvox's jokes.

When I watched it, I was mindraped.

I always assumed, "Let's throw down a face down" was an abridged joke. As well as, "Game on!"

.................................................. .

*sigh*

Atem27
07-08-2010, 05:34 PM
5Ds and GX are like knock-off cards to me. they suck. Yu-Gi-Oh actually had a plot to it. i'm sure GX and 5Ds has a plot somewhere it's just no one has enough free time to figure it out.plus no one can be as cool as Yami and Yugi at playing a super specail awesome children's card game. ^.^ on the plus side i guess is that they kept the game going but i still don't se why they had to have a crapy plot and stupid people. i guess all i'm saying is i don't like GX and 5Ds. you guys can like it and all but it's just not in my taste for a children's card game. ^.^

Light_Kaiba
08-12-2010, 11:25 PM

I agree with you 100%.
I used to think Gx was a complete load of crap, but I had never watched it. I adored seasons 3 and 4! Judai was so damn hot in the 4th season,(He even rivaled Atem in that department)

Johan and Judai were my favorite characters. Sure, they're alot alike, and get far too much screentime, but oh well. Jim was awesome as well, but the crocodile on his back is a bit much.

I haven't watched the 2nd season of GX yet, but I plan to, and I didn't care much for the 1st season. I just found it annoying that the first 20 episodes had no plot at all. This is what I think of the subs.

While the dub is annoying with the catchphrases and such, I mainly watch it for the fact that I get tired of reading subs after a while. I don't hate the dub, infact, I kinda like it. It's not the most amazing show ever created, but I think it would be hard to measure up to what YuGiOh! DM was.

Again, I agree about what you said about GX. Especially what you said about Judai;)

Ryou Bakura Fan Girl
12-22-2011, 09:23 AM
I hate them both. With a passion.

Anybody else???:objection:

angel of darknezz
12-22-2011, 09:36 AM
... I said that a loooooong time ago. My feelings on the subject have changed dramatically.