PDA

View Full Version : Shadow People (and other similar beings)

ThePRPD
03-23-2010, 05:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

Anyone here have experiences with these "shadow people" or have any additional info about them or have heard stories?

Please don't troll this thread. I'm curious.

mystra
03-23-2010, 06:12 PM
i've too many things open to check the wiki you posted but i assume you mean shades? if so i'll say i believe in them. there's various stories about what people believe they are. some say shades which are spirits, others say they're malevolent beings from another world/dimension.

ThePRPD
03-23-2010, 06:15 PM
some say shades which are spirits, others say they're malevolent beings from another world/dimension.

Yeah, that is similar to what I've read from supposed experiences and theories about them.

Seta Kino
03-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah, that is similar to what I've read from supposed experiences and theories about them.

I've heard the same thing. Except there have been some things that I've actually been through. But it didn't have anything to do with Shadow People. Just spirits in general.

mystra
03-23-2010, 06:59 PM
i've had a situation before with what some would term a "shadow person". i guess in looking back on it i'd have to consider it in the line of the "other-self" type. whether or not it was an actual spirit or another part of someone in manifestation i haven't decided and at this point it's not something i want to decide.

ThePRPD
03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
I've edited the thread title so things similar to "shadow people" (such as dopplegangers, ghosts, etc.) may be discussed as well.

Seta Kino
03-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, I've had ghosts in my house before. One was a kind being. The other? Not so much. There was one night where I was just lying down in my bed and trying to go to sleep and then I got a scratch across my ankle. It wasn't like a hand or anything. It was three distinct marks. Which turned red after I turned the light on to try and figure out what had happened (couldn't figure out a connection). We moved out of the house a couple years ago (I've kept quiet about the ghosts and such in that house). I moved in with my Dad afterward. A couple months after getting settled and moved in completely, my sister and I were in two different rooms when we heard a high pitched voice vocalizing. To this day, I still have no idea what's going on. There are other stories that I have, but I don't really feel like going into detail on it (unless asked, lol).

WhiteWaterWood
03-23-2010, 08:12 PM
The reason shadow people are always seen in peripheral vision is not a matter of mystery, it's a matter of them not being there. Most 'ghosts' are just the result of wishful thinking, people scaring themselves, or mental instability. I used to find ghost stories interesting until I realized they all carried some kind of theme that was based on something that's been shown on TV or the way mainstream 'ghosts' are supposed to act. That and the fact that there's no proof of 99% of ghost stories makes me likewise 99% certain that all ghost stories are made up. I think a lot of it is people who so want to believe in ghosts they fool themselves into actually believing their are ghosts 'speaking' with them or otherwise communicating.

'Ghosts don't appear to non-believers?' More like 'ghosts appear only because you believe they're there.' It's often hard to tell if the people who 'see' ghosts have actually convinced themselves they're seeing ghosts or if they just want to seem 'cool or interesting', but it doesn't take a genius to realize that ghost hunting has never uncovered any real proof for a reason.

JesusRocks
03-23-2010, 08:30 PM
The unfortunate thing about peripheral vision, is that while you let more light in through the side of your lens, nothing's in focus... so things don't look like what they really look like through your peripheral vision.