PDA

View Full Version : X (1999) Anyone even remember it ?!

Xaldyn
03-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I recently (about a month or 2 ago) bought the entire DVD series of X. IMO, it is effing brilliant.

Before purchasing, I never heard of it, never seen it on the interwebs.. etc.

Anyone else out there heard of it or like it? :D

ps. assuming /most/ have not, no spoilers please D:

sajeev50
03-28-2010, 12:50 AM
I have not heard of it, though it has a pretty epic title. :V

Can I get some info on it? a short summary maybe?

Xaldyn
03-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Well basically, the end of the world is fast approaching.

7 dragons of earth seek to destroy the world in order to create a new one, cleansing the world of all human sin, while the 7 dragons of heaven must defend the earth and keep it the way it is.

(dragons being chosen beings, not literal dragons- just used for symbolism)

Kamui Shirou, unlike everyone else with one destiny, has 2. He either must become a dragon of heaven OR dragon of earth. Depending on what he choses, decides the fate of the world.

The series (in a nutshell) follows kamui's journey as he decides his own fate as well as the world's.

sajeev50
03-28-2010, 02:00 AM
Well basically, the end of the world is fast approaching.

7 dragons of earth seek to destroy the world in order to create a new one, cleansing the world of all human sin, while the 7 dragons of heaven must defend the earth and keep it the way it is.

(dragons being chosen beings, not literal dragons- just used for symbolism)

Kamui Shirou, unlike everyone else with one destiny, has 2. He either must become a dragon of heaven OR dragon of earth. Depending on what he choses, decides the fate of the world.

The series (in a nutshell) follows kamui's journey as he decides his own fate as well as the world's.

Hmm....that sounds like something I'd watch. *writes on list to check out*
Thanks!:smiley7:

Xaldyn
03-28-2010, 03:06 AM
No probs :3

killshot
03-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Are you talking about the X where the first scene involves the main character ripping a sword out of his naked mother's stomach? Because I saw that one. I didn't know it was a series though. Alright movie, but nothing I would call brilliant.

Xaldyn
03-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah it was a movie first then they made it into a TV series.

Quackers
03-30-2010, 11:01 PM
I didn't ever read the manga or watch it but I do know the name and remember seeing it at the bookstore. It has a name you just can't forget.

That's.Not.Juice
03-31-2010, 03:58 AM
X the Movie pretty much summarized the entire series. I've watched both the move and anime series (and read X/1999), so I can pretty confidently say that X the Movie has nothing on the actual series. (I was very disappointed after I watched it. My favorite two characters only showed up for two minutes before they killed each other in one scene. Epic lameness right there.) But like usual, the manga trumps both the movie and series. I love the series, obviously, even though they like to off all of my favorite characters. T.T

Xaldyn
03-31-2010, 04:31 AM
Lol, who was (is) your fave character(s)?

I love Inuki LOL XD

and of course Sorata and Arashi :D