PDA

View Full Version : S/m

mizafe
03-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I looked around and didn't see a thread like this one, but if there is, my bad.

I did a project for school recently that dabbled in BDSM, the actions and thoughts behind it. It lead me to wonder what people thought of this type of lifestyle, if it should be something made illegal (which it is in some countries ie/ England), something to be kept behind closed doors, or what. So I would like people's opinions on this, to help get a general read on the public view.

Also, I would like to hear if anyone has any thoughts on SSC versus RACK.

ThePRPD
03-29-2010, 01:25 PM
It shouldn't be iilegal. People have what they like no matter how bizarre some of it maybe but behind close doors or get-togethers behind close doors.

GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
03-29-2010, 01:28 PM
the only event that I can see where this would be illegal is if it leads to the death of one partner, other than that what people do behind closed doors is their own business.

Turtlicious
03-29-2010, 01:32 PM
I can say that I've gone to more then one party with my handcuffs on my belt and riding crop in tow...

S&M is a lot about domination the feeling of helplessness (or in my case) the feeling of power it's also been proven pain releases endorphins which is the chemical that makes you happy.

S&M should not be illegal what we do in semi-public IE:a S&M party

is our business you dont like then IMO GTFO

Fat1Fared
03-29-2010, 02:12 PM
I looked around and didn't see a thread like this one, but if there is, my bad.

I did a project for school recently that dabbled in BDSM, the actions and thoughts behind it. It lead me to wonder what people thought of this type of lifestyle, if it should be something made illegal (which it is in some countries ie/ England), something to be kept behind closed doors, or what. So I would like people's opinions on this, to help get a general read on the public view.

Also, I would like to hear if anyone has any thoughts on SSC versus RACK.

just so you know, it is "tech" not illegal in england, but it is really complicated area of english law, which basically comes down to, do the injures cause lasting injures or is it just short term........etc (however because there are about 7 cases which made it as area of law, it is not really very well defined what is outside law and what is in it)

=As for my opinion, well that is about confusing as the law which governs it

JesusRocks
03-29-2010, 05:27 PM
There was a case where a wife branded her name on her husband's buttocks, which was deemed to not constitute battery.

There was the later case of Brown (I think), where there was a video of Homosexual BDSM activity which showed the inflicting of injuries to all the consenting parties, and the courts ruled that it was Grievous Bodily Harm

yeah, basically the courts sent the message saying that BDSM is alright for heterosexual married couples, but illegal for homosexual partners.

That's been a contentious issue for years in the courts, and it's only just now starting to level out...

Turtlicious
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Are all englishmen homophobes?

JesusRocks
03-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Are all englishmen homophobes?

Nope, no-one I know

These cases happened like... 20 or so years ago, the judges who made the decisions were largely homophobic... old, middle class white men and such...

The reason why the law is only just levelling out now is because those judges made a strange decision and it made all kinds of hell with the law...

Fat1Fared
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I think the problem is that the decison in brown was legally correct and it was desicons in Slade (think it was slade) which was wrong, however because both decisons were made for wrong reasons left the law in a mess

JesusRocks
03-30-2010, 11:26 AM
I think the problem is that the decison in brown was legally correct and it was desicons in Slade (think it was slade) which was wrong, however because both decisons were made for wrong reasons left the law in a mess

Exactly

TitanAura
03-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Kroze knows all about BDSM, you should ask him. He gives off a pheromone that attracts rapists.

Turtlicious
03-30-2010, 01:26 PM
titan...

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN