PDA

View Full Version : Elfen Lied discussion thread

Gamemaster300
04-02-2010, 12:12 AM
I started this for anyone who wants to talk about elfen lied in a good way. I myself like the series and would like to hear what others think.

roxasabridged
04-02-2010, 03:22 AM
If you thought the anime was awesome, just read the manga.

Ohara
04-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Haha, I wonder what the love:hate ratio here will be. Here's me hoping that we can keep the flaming to a minimum, at least...

I love it, personally. A lot. Both quality-wise and sentimentality-wise.

killshot
04-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I liked it. Nothing spectacular, but worth the watch.

mystra
04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
it was an interesting watch though i felt in the end there was still something lacking. maybe i should find the manga?

roxasabridged
04-02-2010, 12:14 PM
^ Yes, you should. It's way more developed.

Ohara
04-02-2010, 05:02 PM
I like the anime better than the manga, personally, but it's worth a read if you want to know how it really ended.
I can't decide which ending I like better, though.

Gamemaster300
04-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I have heard the manga was better all over the place. I will read it, hopefully soon. It is just nice to know there are other people who like it. All my friends try to think about it to realistically. You can't enjoy any anime like that.

Gamemaster300
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Haha, I wonder what the love:hate ratio here will be. Here's me hoping that we can keep the flaming to a minimum, at least...

I love it, personally. A lot. Both quality-wise and sentimentality-wise.

The ratio looks good so far.

Ohara
04-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I'm surprised. I guess most of the haters are too busy trolling around MAL and AniDB...

As for which is better out of the anime and manga, a lot of my opinion probably has to do with nostalgia (ie. besides Yu-Gi-Oh, it was the first anime I saw), but I reckon the anime covered the better half of the manga - what's the word... it get sillier later on, I guess. Besides the characters being present, it didn't really feel like the same series that I'd come to love so much - definitely still enjoyable, and it had its fantastic moments, but on the whole it just... didn't really impact me as much.
It's probably just me, though.

M.P.
04-03-2010, 07:02 AM
I absolutely loved Elfen Lied...probably to the point of it being my favourite series

Gamemaster300
04-03-2010, 07:25 AM
I absolutely loved Elfen Lied...probably to the point of it being my favourite series

it is my favorite...............so far.

TitanAura
04-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I have a special relationship with Elfen Lied because it was the very first series I discovered in it's infancy, i.e. less than 1/4 of the way into the series, and followed through to the end so I guess you could say I'm a fan.... but this is me and so I do have my extended laundry list of complaints to address that might disqualify me from the fanclub.

The art in the manga is hideous. I have complaints about how animes often overgeneralize character design and fundamentally remove all style an artist put into their original work but rarely is that generalization meant to be an improvement. "Why is the art such a big deal," you might ask. It wouldn't be so bad if I could say it has no impact on the story or character development but in a medium that requires visual storytelling, emotional situations fall flat if a scene involves swearing vengeance on the murder of beloved family and friends if the character in question looks like they've got a bad case of lockjaw. These are moments that are meant to tug at their heart strings but the reader will miss their cue to cry out in agony to the heavens cursing their existence if the face on General Dumdum has them curled up into a ball laughing their ass off not to mention the fact that it doesn't help when you stare at a single page depicting a series of actions for 5 minutes and still can't figure out wtf is going on. See also; Claymore.

Another problem with character development that gets completely beaten into submission from the get-go are characters with the misfortune to NOT be a main character are about as expendable as spilled milk. Very quickly do you learn to emotionally detach yourself from any character that is introduced after the first act knowing full well that they'll bite the dust anywhere between 5-10 chapters, 15 if they're lucky. What this means is that the shock of murder loses the 1.21 gigawatts of power it usually has when it strikes a reader after it drains it's power by striking in the same place about a hundred times reducing itself to a measly static cling causing annoyance more than compassionate hatred or fear. Something is seriously wrong with a series when it gets to the point that turning a page and viewing an image of a man's head flying off into the sky is barely worth the bat of an eye.

Not to say the series doesn't have some noteworthy characters.... that is to say 2. Mayu and Nana act like the only truly sane people in the small, miserable existence of being an Elfen Lied character. Let's face it:
Lucy: Bitch
Nyu: Lesbian fanservice
Kohta: Stupid faggoty douche
Yuki: Creepy incestuous creeper
Nozomi: Who?
Kurama: Incompetent
Bando: Put him in an FPS and he'll be right at home
Kakuzawa Sr: Superiority Complex and legitly looks like a giant douche

Mayu and Nana are the only two I can make any sense of and perhaps they're the only two people that interact with each other the way normal human beings do. The only problem I have with them are the circumstances surrounding them. Presumably they both give off some sort of extreme behavior altering pheromones that affect only background characters causing them to lose all common sense, human decency, and all forms of sanity whenever either of them are present. I'm certain I'm not the only person who found it odd that a dog owner would find their missing dog, then immediately after rejoicing their good fortune, turn around, lose their fucking mind, and throw an accusation of theft at the young girl caring for the damn thing instead of coming to the completely reasonable and logical conclusion that it ran away from their stupid ass. It's like losing a pen and then blaming the pocket you found it in after it went through the wash. Mayu and Nana have reasonable and perfectly well rounded personalities but their back stories involve things that could never fucking happen because normal average people don't act that way unless the two of them had the unfortunate luck of living near a mental institution lacking proper security and fencing. Then again I suppose that situation fits Nana's upbringing perfectly considering how often her fellow inmates end up escaping covered in the blood of the orderly staff.

To be honest, I guess my favorite bits of this series are in a vast minority when compared to the large inconsistencies and impossibilities sprinkled throughout the series, not to mention the god awful ending involving the inexplicable revival of several characters I had either hated or simply never gave a shit about. I'll admit the death of Bando actually sparked my dismay when it happened because of the impact it had on Mayu and Nana but in order for the weight of that emotional baggage to genuinely affect me he had to STAY DEAD. If nothing else, the diclonius are the best part because it's an idea that creates a threat strong enough to carry the series on the shoulders of a single villain even if the character design was blatantly ripped off of Chobits, which I imagine was quite messy. I suppose it says something about my character when I like a homicidal psychotic psychic more than a responsive robotic sex doll.

Ohara
04-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Gah, tl;dr.
I take it you're referring specifically to the manga here, though.

Just on the characters, yeah, I can see where you're coming from, but I can't agree entirely. My views are more like:

Lucy: Awesome and tragic enough to earn my sympathy for what it's worth, even if she is a bitch and given that it's impossible to condone all the murder.
Nyu: Cute, maybe slightly frustrating. The fanservice is unnecessary, sure, but I don't care too much.
Kohta: Yeah, kinda boring and useless, but I don't hate the guy.
Yuki: Fuck off.
Nozomi: Manga-only character that I don't remember much, just that she made friends with Nyu and taught her a song.
Kurama: I like the guy.
Bando: Awesome, my next favorite in the series behind Lucy.
Kakuzawa Sr: Eh, he's a fag, but I guess he's kinda meant to be.

Oh, and on the art in the manga, yeah, I'm not a big fan of it either, but I wouldn't call it hideous.

Quackers
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I liked the Anime but haven't read the manga. It was very interesting though confusing to me at first.

Anreyla
04-04-2010, 07:04 PM
I watched the anime a while ago, it was so-so, extremely violent, not really something I would suggest to someone else unless I knew they wouldn't mind it. (Although I did suggest it to a few people who I knew wouldn't be able to take it, for teh lulz...)

As for the manga, I found it to be much more interesting. I'm sure I undoubtedly missed a few pertinent details-- hey, I read all 100 or so chapters in the span of three days-- but I got the basic idea. What I liked most, I think, was that the manga actually explained the whole plot (and actually used the song "Elfen Lied" in it. Don't ask why, but I just thought it'd be a good idea to use it if the anime is named after it.) and the Diclonius mutation, Lucy as the 'queen', etc.

I'd say for all the people who only watched the anime, go read the manga, it's much better, albeit not exactly pleasant on the eyes, what with all the blood.

TitanAura
04-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Gah, tl;dr.

Just on the characters, yeah, I can see where you're coming from, but I can't agree entirely. My views are more like:

Lucy: Awesome and tragic enough to earn my sympathy for what it's worth, even if she is a bitch and given that it's impossible to condone all the murder.
Nyu: Cute, maybe slightly frustrating. The fanservice is unnecessary, sure, but I don't care too much.
Nozomi: Manga-only character that I don't remember much, just that she made friends with Nyu and taught her a song.

Oh, and on the art in the manga, yeah, I'm not a big fan of it either, but I wouldn't call it hideous.
I'm using exaggeration though I'm sure you caught on to that for the most part. What I'm saying is it simply isn't up to par with what is necessary of an artist to work with this style of storytelling. The characters are still interesting and colorful and if I truly only liked two of them out of dozens then there's no way I would've kept reading. Lucy is a truly original and an especially interesting character and being that she is the MAIN character as well as the main villain, that's an absolute must. The fact is her mind is literally segmented into three parts that represent her varying degrees of insanity. Nyu is the only fundamentally sane one, however, and not to give away too many spoilers, she's not immune to moments of unrestrained aggression and I'm not specifically referring to sexual advances either. Lucy is the calculating psychopath who knows what she's doing is wrong but decides to indulge the insanity anyways, and then there exists a third unnamed entity representing the purest form of insanity almost as though her psyche is segmenting off as a proverbial devil on Lucy's shoulder.

No other character warrants as much discussion as her and while I do fundamentally hate her, it's the proper kind of hatred that you're supposed to feel for the main villain.

Ohara
04-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm using exaggeration though I'm sure you caught on to that for the most part.
Of course. :wink:

Yeah, I can agree with pretty much all of that. I wouldn't really say that I hate Lucy fundamentally - in truth, I really love her character and feel genuine empathy for her given what she'd been through - but, as great as it is to watch, I can't agree with the mass murder. In that way, yeah, I hate what she's done on a moral level.

TitanAura
04-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Of course. :wink:

Yeah, I can agree with pretty much all of that. I wouldn't really say that I hate Lucy fundamentally - in truth, I really love her character and feel genuine empathy for her given what she'd been through - but, as great as it is to watch, I can't agree with the mass murder. In that way, yeah, I hate what she's done on a moral level.
Bingo. Except the mass murder part. Depopulation could do us some good. She would work wonders in Washington DC! =D

Gamemaster300
04-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Gah, tl;dr.

i can agree with all of this. reguarding the anime.

Gamemaster300
04-05-2010, 12:38 AM
perhaps i wasn't the right person to start this thread. you all have seen and read elfen lied. i have only seen it. you all did convince me to read it though and i intend to in the near future. until then i supose i can't give a (real) opinion.

Ohara
04-05-2010, 04:28 AM
^ Naw, it's fine. I made a fan club for the series a while ago if anyone here is interested in joining, but making a thread here was a good idea. :wink:

Depopulation could do us some good. She would work wonders in Washington DC! =D
Haha, yeah, I guess I can agree with that, too... it depends on the people in question, I suppose.

Gamemaster300
04-06-2010, 03:49 PM
i may be wrong but werent the diclonius trying to kill all humans, not simply depleat the population a little.

TitanAura
04-06-2010, 04:21 PM
i may be wrong but werent the diclonius trying to kill all humans, not simply depleat the population a little.
Yes but at least the astronauts would be safe. Let's just hope Lucy doesn't pull a Jason Voorhees and fly off into space to continue a murder spree.

Gamemaster300
04-06-2010, 04:34 PM
there minds are programed to justfie all killing just because, for any reason, you really don't think they would go after astronauts. a space fight would be cool though, or perhaps just redundent.

TitanAura
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Who else thought this series was quite refreshing by having villains (regardless of being a sub-villain) who want to subtly, but quickly, replace the world population rather than trying to weaponize the [insert alien or monster species here] to take over the clueless retards? I certainly appreciated the story having original elements besides the unprecedented amount of gore.

Gamemaster300
04-07-2010, 10:07 PM
ya, the cleche story of weaponizing a mutant would have been rather dull. i do apreciate there originality in that respect. also the fact that the mutant knew the main charicter. that haden't been overdone. but that beggs the question why was there a way for her to get out. if you weaponize something there is an incentive to (let it go), if you know it's the end of man kind why make that one door openable. the act of originality brought out a plothole. i don't blame them though. it's refreshing to have something knew. it's just not perhaps (all) a good thing. i also wish it was a little longer. just a little, maby a little less fanservice. also in every other mutant story there is some secret weapon to use against it. i'm not sure if it was good or bad to leave this out. i defenatly don't critisize it's unequeness though. the only reason i want it longer is to see the hands in stetegical combat, (more). if any other story had a weapon like that it would be an insalt. all in all it was good, just a few tweecks.

Ohara
04-08-2010, 12:14 AM
if you know it's the end of man kind why make that one door openable. the act of originality brought out a plothole.
I assume you mean the door that she escaped through in the first episode?
There could be a number of reasons why the door was there, though we aren't really told. It's not a plothole, as such. The reason it did open was because Professor Kakuzawa opened it for her. :wink:

My main criticism for the series would be the unnecessary fanservice, but whatever. It doesn't bother me *that* much.

Gamemaster300
04-08-2010, 12:50 AM
no, i mean the door she opened by throwing a switch, but yes why a door outside lokated in an area designed to stop escapees. why was it even there?

TitanAura
04-08-2010, 02:37 AM
no, i mean the door she opened by throwing a switch, but yes why a door outside lokated in an area designed to stop escapees. why was it even there?
You may need to link the chapter as reference. You've lost me.

If you want strategy, there's a rather well planned duel between Lucy and Bando rather late in the series (which is inevitable as his entire motivation for sticking around instead of fleeing for the hills is to fight her to get revenge for horribly disfiguring him). Just keep reading through the manga, it has it's good bits. The choreography doesn't help but it makes enough sense to get by even if some scenes seem to be missing some rather important movements to connect the action. That's one thing the anime does better in regard to the manga.

Gamemaster300
04-08-2010, 02:59 PM
In the anime, first episode, she breaks from her restraints. Kills a bunch of guards outside the enitial room except one that sits in the featal position in the corner. She kills him offscreen, then uses a bloody vector to pull a lever opening the door. It's that door i'm refuring to. You are right though. As i said before, i did't read the manga. So i can't really complain.

Ohara
04-08-2010, 05:23 PM
In the anime, first episode, she breaks from her restraints. Kills a bunch of guards outside the enitial room except one that sits in the featal position in the corner. She kills him offscreen, then uses a bloody vector to pull a lever opening the door. It's that door i'm refuring to. You are right though. As i said before, i did't read the manga. So i can't really complain.
Ah.
Eh, again, there could be a few reasons why it's there. It didn't really strike me as important, it's just a door. There were other doors along the way that were supposed to keep her contained and failed, so I don't think its main purpose would have been to keep her locked in there, especially if there was a lever on that same side...

TitanAura
04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
If the lever was on the opposite side of her then that makes perfect sense to me. I still don't see what the inconsistency is supposed to be. It was clearly only meant to be opened from the outside. The doors may be impenetrable via cutting or slamming but vectors have always been infinitesimally thin which is why they are so effectively used as blades. The vector she sent underneath made it through the tiny cracks, because there exists no door that ants can't get through, and the blood on her vector served two purposes: 1. Show the reader/viewer how she's getting the door open. 2. Imply that the blood from the guard she had just killed on the other side of the door was still there which her vector had to pass through first to get under the door. The visuals are brutal but I think they explain the circumstances perfectly.

Gamemaster300
04-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Ah.
Eh, again, there could be a few reasons why it's there. It didn't really strike me as important, it's just a door. There were other doors along the way that were supposed to keep her contained and failed, so I don't think its main purpose would have been to keep her locked in there, especially if there was a lever on that same side...

Ya, your probably right. Reguardless of the reasoning she had to get out to advance the story anyway. Perhaps they didn't want a specific reason or something. I find it better explained by that person above me. However the point was she got out, that is all that matters. I supose the superthin vectors wpuld counter many potholes. I didn't dislike the series because of it, afterall, she had to get out. I guess i should finish reading before critisising further. The next thing i wonder is how the sniper bullet didn't kill her. I know her vectors had something to do with it, but what specifically, also are they just invincible?
I mean i never saw them break, or anything.

Ohara
04-08-2010, 08:29 PM
It's safe to assume that the vectors absorbed some of the blow, I would think. The helmet might've contributed, also - nevertheless, it inflicted enough damage to cause the resulting wave of amnesia. :wink:

Gamemaster300
04-08-2010, 08:33 PM
It's safe to assume that the vectors absorbed some of the blow, I would think. The helmet might've contributed, also - nevertheless, it inflicted enough damage to cause the resulting wave of amnesia. :wink:

if the vectors obsorbed some of the blow but arent damaged.....there invincible....right??

Ohara
04-08-2010, 11:45 PM
...yeah, I guess. It's never really made clear, but I don't think they'd be breakable or anything.

Gamemaster300
04-09-2010, 03:32 PM
i guess thats it then. I'm not saying i didn't like the series. I'm just saying that just like every other thing there is, it isn't perfect. It is still my favorite. Invincible arms huaa. Nice

TitanAura
04-09-2010, 05:41 PM
It *APPEARS* to be amnesia however it is not. This was something that caught me by surprise when I realized what actually happened. Lucy never had amnesia nor is Nyuu an amnesiac of Lucy, she's the result of Lucy's psyche being split after having severe brain damage, though non-lethal. Nyuu was BORN from that incident which explains why she acts beyond the scope of lost memories because she literally understands nothing (at first). Think of her as an infant except with the body of a smokin' 18 year old so it's the perfect excuse for explaining why a full grown woman would suddenly start stripping down for no apparent reason (FURTHER GRATUITOUS FANSERVICE ENSUES).
*AHEM*
Now this next part can only be explained via fictional plot devices because severe brain damage would more often result in mental retardation rather than gaining a split personality but whatever, she's a new species of human and that makes it ok! /convenience The way her brain reacted to the shock of a bullet to the temple was to fissure off another segment of her psyche. For quite a while, Lucy is unable to take control for whatever reason so I'll presume she was knocked into a coma within her own mind while her remaining consciousness collects itself into what we now know as Nyuu. At whatever point, Lucy somehow regains control however the swapping personalities back and forth happens far too often to be actually plausible since it only ever comes into play whenever something bad is about to happen to Nyuu like some sort of homicidal guardian angel.

Ohara
04-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh, yeah, I knew it wasn't actually amnesia - I just figured it was easier to say than having to explain what it really was.

About the switching between personalities, I think the manga explains that she has at least some kind of control over which personality takes over and when. That and heavy physical blows, I think, are the main causes for the switching.

TitanAura
04-09-2010, 07:31 PM
About the switching between personalities, I think the manga explains that she has at least some kind of control over which personality takes over and when. That and heavy physical blows, I think, are the main causes for the switching.
Homicidal guardian angel idea is more fun.

Gamemaster300
04-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Homicidal guardian angel idea is more fun.

agreed, imagin if you were about to die. then someone (other you) a visious killer with super weapons gets you out of trouble. then you don't recall. awsome. how much control did she actually have. her first fight against bando she saw the shell in her hand then turned to nyuu. also she was in not really any emediot danger at that point. but still seemed like she was forced back. lator when she talks to kota she reverts back almost like a defence meconism. i disagree about the fanservice. i generally froun apon it. you shouldn't have to use it to help sell it if the story really is good (like this one is). i don't mind them using enouph to show the idea or point, but when it turnes into something you would be ashamed if someone walked in on then thats bad. i almost have to watch it in seceret. but that alone shouldn't take away from how good the series is as a whole.

Ohara
04-09-2010, 10:20 PM
When she saw the shell, she was probably already in a weak state of mind - being reminded of what she was doing beforehand probably pushed her back over the gap between 'Lucy' and 'Nyu'. Or something like that.

Yeah, I feel the same way about the fanservice. But aw well.

TitanAura
04-09-2010, 10:23 PM
agreed, imagin if you were about to die. then someone (other you) a visious killer with super weapons gets you out of trouble. then you don't recall. awsome. how much control did she actually have. her first fight against bando she saw the shell in her hand then turned to nyuu. also she was in not really any emediot danger at that point. but still seemed like she was forced back. lator when she talks to kota she reverts back almost like a defence meconism. i disagree about the fanservice. i generally froun apon it. you shouldn't have to use it to help sell it if the story really is good (like this one is). i don't mind them using enouph to show the idea or point, but when it turnes into something you would be ashamed if someone walked in on then thats bad. i almost have to watch it in seceret. but that alone shouldn't take away from how good the series is as a whole.
So the fanservice makes this unreadable in public.... but the substantial amount of beheadings and dismemberments don't count because....?

Gamemaster300
04-09-2010, 10:29 PM
as usual your probably right. most of the stuff (it seems) relies on implied senarios and events that are not explained to there full potential. no series doesn't do this however. show me the perfect series. (pretty hard). so the vectors are twoM long. dose anyone know how strong they are. i mean they could lift themselves at least. also about there psyche. thet seem to justify all killing against humans. i thout it was interesting is all, no question reguarding that. but, how horible and grusome can you be to a puppy?

Gamemaster300
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
So the fanservice makes this unreadable in public.... but the substantial amount of beheadings and dismemberments don't count because....?

oh, they count. just not quite as much as the fanservice. i must edmit. the violence was one of the factors that brought me in, be honest though, would you rather have someone walk in on you with extreme fanservice, or a beheading?

TitanAura
04-09-2010, 10:34 PM
as usual your probably right. most of the stuff (it seems) relies on implied senarios and events that are not explained to there full potential. no series doesn't do this however. show me the perfect series. (pretty hard). so the vectors are twoM long. dose anyone know how strong they are. i mean they could lift themselves at least. also about there psyche. thet seem to justify all killing against humans. i thout it was interesting is all, no question reguarding that. but, how horible and grusome can you be to a puppy?
Huh? What puppy? You mean that dog? I doesn't die in either version.... Is this a different puppy? I'm so confused! <_>

TitanAura
04-09-2010, 10:35 PM
oh, they count. just not quite as much as the fanservice. i must edmit. the violence was one of the factors that brought me in, be honest though, would you rather have someone walk in on you with extreme fanservice, or a beheading?
I had the former happen no less than an hour ago. I may murder my brother for not getting the fuck out while my computer was frozen on that fucking image. I had to YELL at him before he left. If he hadn't I would've taken a pencil and shoved it through his eye socket. It wasn't even that risque. Just... two chicks kissing... yeah... damn it freaking manga authors. *slams face into desk repeatedly*

Gamemaster300
04-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Huh? What puppy? You mean that dog? I doesn't die in either version.... Is this a different puppy? I'm so confused! <_>

the puppy/dog/whatever in the extreme flashback when they show kota and lucy as children.

Gamemaster300
04-09-2010, 10:40 PM
I had the former happen no less than an hour ago. I may murder my brother for not getting the fuck out while my computer was frozen on that fucking image. I had to YELL at him before he left. If he hadn't I would've taken a pencil and shoved it through his eye socket. It wasn't even that risque. Just... two chicks kissing... yeah... damn it freaking manga authors. *slams face into desk repeatedly*

i......don't...understand the statement.?!?.?!!.

TitanAura
04-09-2010, 10:48 PM
i......don't...understand the statement.?!?.?!!.
Ok so I was looking at a comic on Firefox and it happened to freeze so I went upstairs to blow off some time for it too cool down. When I decided to head back down to check on it and both of my brothers decided to follow despite playing Modern Warfare. *THAT* image was on the screen and the browser was still frozen (technically it wasn't NSFW but still.... it.... ugh....). No programs to switch between to cover it up, wouldn't minimize, no way out, totally boned. My older brother comes up behind me and says "What comic is that?" and I tell him to get out three times before finally I remember I can turn off the monitor just in time to spare my 12 year old younger from seeing the damn thing. I practically yelled at him the third time and he's like "Geez." I'm only trying to stop those dumbshits from getting the wrong idea about what I'm doing when I'm down here alone but so much for that. >_>

Gamemaster300
04-09-2010, 10:52 PM
ok. so you have a personal experience with what i'm talking about. do you agree that for whatever reason a beheading is somehow better for someone to walk in on rather than extreme fanservice.??

TitanAura
04-09-2010, 11:16 PM
ok. so you have a personal experience with what i'm talking about. do you agree that for whatever reason a beheading is somehow better for someone to walk in on rather than extreme fanservice.??
Just making a joke to cope with sibling stupidity.

Gamemaster300
04-09-2010, 11:18 PM
ok.....

Dalord
04-10-2010, 12:38 AM
That show was awesome, Felt bad for The Quad Amputiy.

Gamemaster300
04-10-2010, 01:33 AM
quad amputiy????

roxasabridged
04-10-2010, 05:15 AM
I guess he means Nana.

SirFluffykins
04-10-2010, 08:19 AM
^^^^^^What do you mean different endings? As far as I've seen the Manga is still going (last I read Scientist chick had the cure but was stuck on the island which was being overrun by the Dic...tonsolitis(?) but was saved by one who had a plug in her head)

Seems people were more offended by the cousin relationship then the death and nudity though. XD I thought it was kinda sweet :/

I also didn't really find the insane splashs of red disturbing, it was the parts where they would suddenly show body parts in horrible detail, like Nana getting sliced up, it was rather sickening.

I also didn't like how the 'death of innocents' happened. Sure it's all in character, but why do we do find, in the manga, 90% of the island staff are defenceless teenage girls (they look like teenage girls) who are decapitated one by one? Lucy kills the kids who killed her puppy, but kills her friend as well (I know, betrayal, but come on -best friend). Or later, she kills a bunch of people insulting her, but then kills the very next woman who thought a bomb had gone off and wanted to help her. :/

For me the show was a jumble of entertainment, disturbing imagery I didn't like, good action, romantic comedy that made a weird contrast to the horror part of the show and light-porn (The one girls flashback of her step dad will never leave me :( )

PS: They reattached Nana's one leg which was sliced off, the other leg and her arms were torn off so she got prosthetics.

TitanAura
04-10-2010, 05:54 PM
^^^^^^What do you mean different endings? As far as I've seen the Manga is still going (last I read Scientist chick had the cure but was stuck on the island which was being overrun by the Dic...tonsolitis(?) but was saved by one who had a plug in her head)
Series ended. Go check another manga site I guess because obviously your source forgot to upload the remaining chapters. You're very close to the end. Also, put most of your post in spoiler tags. TMI

Gamemaster300
04-10-2010, 09:14 PM
no, darkarcher said we don't need spoilertags for elfen lied.

Gamemaster300
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I guess he means Nana.

oh, of course, when nana was sliced up. that was disturbing. (part of the reason i liked it, they showed what they meant to happen). aparently they don't bleed like humans, anyone else would be dead. the fact there mutations covers a lot of questionable events.

TitanAura
04-11-2010, 01:44 AM
no, darkarcher said we don't need spoilertags for elfen lied.
Well I guess since it ended ages ago.... wait where did he say that? Whatever, but I still feel that they should be used for proper important plot points. Just in case.

Gamemaster300
04-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Well I guess since it ended ages ago.... wait where did he say that? Whatever, but I still feel that they should be used for proper important plot points. Just in case.

he said that to me in a private message, ask him yourself if you want. you may be right reguarding plotpoint though.

Fat1Fared
04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
what can I say about this show, is it a woeful show? No
-Is it a great show? Nope

=Is it a show which I see as amusing, in the way I see any over plot-holed, poorly written and mindlessly bloodly anime is amusing? Yup

=The characters "generally" fail to go beyond wrong side of messy and the story is somewhere between here and there, but generally lost in the middle of the two and it does not really know if it wants to be a love story or an action anime, so tries somewhat uncomfortability, to be both. (I would go on, but Titan's "first" post is what I would put, only better, so I will just say read that, without looking at his later ones ^_-)

=Yet despite all this, the show is watchable and amusing as said in the first line, its just not a classic because has far too many problems to be a classic,

-however I do have little problem with this anime as a whole, it is that sort of Anime which convinces poeple all poeple who watch anime are blood loving freaks who like low level cartoon porn o_0

Gamemaster300
04-11-2010, 04:31 PM
thank you for your opinion.

TitanAura
04-11-2010, 06:08 PM
=(I would go on, but Titan's "first" post is what I would put, only better, so I will just say read that, without looking at his later ones ^_-)
You rarely help my arguments sound credible, you know that?

Fat1Fared
04-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Gamemaster not sure if your being sarcastic, divisive or serious, so put the answer which answers nothing and say indeed

Titan was I meant too? well least my opinion matters to you, ^_^, I always felt you saw me on the same level as the piece of gum you leave under a desk <yikes> :smiley3:

PS though I like how the first post in this, says not to toll, then I put what i see as a fair and reasonable post and get completely tolled for it, guess what say about fangirls is right afteral this was complete joke, before anyone takes me seriously

Gamemaster300
04-11-2010, 06:24 PM
i was serious. i'll keep that in mind

TitanAura
04-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Titan was I meant too? <yikes> :smiley3:
ZUH. You're suppose to just agree with me about everything without adding any further intellectual influence whatsoever. Is that so hard to understand? Now be a good pet. Roll over and play dead for the remaining lifespan of this thread. WAIT, first get me a cookie.

Gamemaster300
04-12-2010, 03:28 PM
A cookie?