PDA

View Full Version : The Fruits Basket Anime Needs to Continue!

glamitupabit
04-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Ok, so there was only one season of the Fruits Basket anime. Even though the manga was soooo much better, I would like to see what happens next in the anime version. So who agrees with me that they need to continue it?

Fenrir502
04-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Indeed.

The anime stops before it gets really good.

Ohara
04-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Yes.
I am hoping, hoping, HOPING that Kimi ni Todoke doesn't do the same...

glamitupabit
04-03-2010, 12:16 AM
yeah... i got all excited when akito was freaking out on tohru. and they just kind of ended it without a real ending. *dies*

Miuchi
07-18-2010, 07:59 AM
I HATED THE WAY THE FURUBA ANIME ENDED!!!

the way the manga ended was good, i think, but the anime was just...WTF?!

it needs to continue!

what REALLY pissed me off was that Rin-chan and Kureno-san weren't in it!

LittleGirl
07-18-2010, 05:49 PM
It's way too short, it really must continue.

Arainia
07-23-2010, 11:02 AM
it was just getting to the good parts too than they ended it :'(

PoisonXLilly
08-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Wow.
.-.

Okay, since I'm going to post something logical that you guys have failed to bring up, here it is:

The anime sucked. I mean, it was awesome, but they screwed around with the plot a bit too much near the end. Akito is a woman. [LOLOL SPOILER] ...That part right there would make the Second Season make sense.
Akito is messed up mostly because of this. And her mother, and how she's being treated by her.

In the anime, Akito is a guy and is 'born to die lolol'.
Yeah, that's not the case.

Plus, they skipped the scene with Kyo's true transformation to include those other episodes to make the series longer. (because they totally planned to screw with the plot, apparently.) We met Hiro, went to Ayame's shop, and all that other stuff...that happened AFTER Kyo showed his true transformation to Tohru.

I mean, what could they do to Season 2 to make everything fit to what they had screwed up in Season 1? Akito being a woman plays a pretty big role...in like...everything.

Oh, and let's not forget that they left out the bit on WHY exactly Hatori transforms into a seahorse, and not a freaking DRAGON.
It was a sign of the curse fading and breaking. The curse was set on them for so long now, that it was beinging to get old, and the anime never mentioned that.
Viewers are left going "WTF?" at the TV...If they've never read the manga, of course.

haha.
I'm such a nerd.
Fruits Basket is my passion, my heart, and my soul~

flyingyeti
08-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Maybe the animators will pull something like with Inuyasha and have a 2nd series years from now~
I can only hope that some studio will take interest in animating the rest of it. I'll be waiting patiently.

PoisonXLilly
08-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Yes, but they RUINED Akito.
Akito being a woman would basically be the whole plot in Season 2.
With Akito being a guy, nothing would make sense.
=/

flyingyeti
08-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Haha I don't think they ruined Akito. I liked him/her in both the anime and the manga.

PoisonXLilly
08-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Her.
Akito is a girl.
=/

PoisonXLilly
08-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Hmm.
So I guess I won't get a good Fruits Basket conversation going here?
Shame, really. =/

SDchichiri
08-29-2010, 08:03 AM
must continue they did not even show all of the animals in the anime

PoisonXLilly
08-29-2010, 09:49 AM
-sigh-