ladykaiba419
05-26-2010, 09:18 PM
The guild of the wildest mages ever!

And of course the guild of the strogest Mages

One of the most infamous guilds in the world "Fairy Tail"

Currently top 4 manga on OM

And of course one of my favorites. So shounen.. :thatface:
Epic battles and sense of humor

This manga can also be watched now :) (as Anime of course lol)

sajeev50
05-26-2010, 09:25 PM
It's an pretty good manga. All the characters are likeable and it's wicked funny.

My only gripe with it is the absense of an overarching plot of some sort....most arcs are either based around the backstory of somebody or is a guild mission. I'm hoping this changes soon or we at least get an arc with Natsu and Igneel. :P

I'm liking the current arc though....hope we see more of Edo-Fairy Tale. :V

SetoKeith
05-26-2010, 11:40 PM
I've only read the manga and I liked it...so I'm pretty sure the anime version will be great as well.

This is a list of my thoughts of the main protagonists:

Natsu's recklessness catches me off guard at times...which makes him own lol. Whenever he encounters powerful enemies, his only solution is to "kick their ass" without providing any strategy and continue fighting until his enemy is defeated...I like that.

Gray's "Ice Make" is win and his constant habit of undressing even during serious situations has me lol.

Lucy is great since she is the most level headed person in the group & her use of various keys(that mermaid she has is nasty) makes her a powerful mage.

Erza...she owns...simply put. Her back story and over 100 types of armor swaps makes her a very interesting character.

Happy...a talking flying blue cat...definitely a win.

EZE
05-27-2010, 01:12 PM
I like Happy the cat. He seems so innocent.

ladykaiba419
06-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Gray and Erza are my favorite characters in this manga xD

Gray definitely awesome especially when he's in a fight with Natsu
and then Erza comes along xDD Natsu's face becomes exactly like Happy

Gray's habit of suddenly undressing usually makes me laugh especially in chapter 2 xD
That made me decide that he's my fav

And Erza.. No other words to describe her beauty, strength, and formal humor (sometimes its REALLY ridiculous makes me think that she's slightly a tsundere)
EPIC <3

TwstdFlaems
06-01-2010, 06:33 AM
is it wrong that i'm such a huge fan of Gazille?

if you guys have read the most recent chapter... god i love that metal-loving freak! he's jumped up the rankings in my eyes purely for the whole

"I won't be beaten by Natsu or that girl! I WILL MAKE THIS CAT MINE!"

just my two cents ^_^

EZE
06-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I wanted to see more Lisanna. :/

ladykaiba419
06-02-2010, 09:31 PM
is it wrong that i'm such a huge fan of Gazille?

if you guys have read the most recent chapter... god i love that metal-loving freak! he's jumped up the rankings in my eyes purely for the whole

"I won't be beaten by Natsu or that girl! I WILL MAKE THIS CAT MINE!"

just my two cents ^_^

Nope~! I think Gazille is really awesome!!! xD

Dragon slayers for the win xD

TwstdFlaems
06-07-2010, 07:20 AM
good, glad to hear it!

FairyTail needs MOAR Gazille... and him getting a kitty :p

FanMan
07-28-2010, 01:25 AM
I've recently began reading Fairy Tale and made it up to the most current chapter and so far I have loved this series. With very interesting characters (pretty much everybody), good story development and pacing, and the fights are just incredible. I don't think I've ever like a series this much since Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Gintama.

I'm also hoping for Gazille getting his cat

Although I'm wondering, does anybody know what Lluvia's official is spelt? Cause I see a lot translations being Jubia, LLuvia or even Juvia. That tends to confuse me.

EZE
09-09-2010, 01:54 PM
It seems like every end of a arc. Fairy Tail gets a new member.

bringingsexyback
09-11-2010, 02:28 PM
the manga reminds me of one piece

ladykaiba419
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I've recently began reading Fairy Tale and made it up to the most current chapter and so far I have loved this series. With very interesting characters (pretty much everybody), good story development and pacing, and the fights are just incredible. I don't think I've ever like a series this much since Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Gintama.

I'm also hoping for Gazille getting his cat

Although I'm wondering, does anybody know what Lluvia's official is spelt? Cause I see a lot translations being Jubia, LLuvia or even Juvia. That tends to confuse me.

In the latest chapters her name got a little more consistent and its mostly "LLuvia Loxar" and cuz her name is derived from "Lluvia", the Spanish word for rain :D

Latest chapters are awesome! I can't wait for the S-class test XD

EZE
10-09-2010, 02:38 PM
It's starting to become fanservice with the Fairy tail girls.

AsianKid013
10-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Its always been fanservice with Fairy Tail. Its just now there is more of it...

EZE
10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
It seemed like in early chapters it was only Lucy.

niknnik
10-12-2010, 12:01 PM
I just caught up with the manga and anime and I must say, this series is excellent. We're starting to see a hint of the overarching storyline, in that Lucy's mother died on the same day all the dragons disappear and that Hades guy.
Still, I'd like to see a bit more of them working towards that. I was happy when I finally understood why there were two Gerards in chapter 199 though.
The anime's pretty good, but it moves a bit too quickly sometimes. I mean, I know it's supposed to be light-hearted and stuff but it could do with some slowing down.

EZE
10-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I haven't watched the anime yet, Does it have fillers?

JFT
10-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I haven't watched the anime yet, Does it have fillers?
Till now, I tink it has only one episode, which is filler, but it looked likethe next will maybe be a filler episode too. I'm not quite sure...:confused:

niknnik
10-12-2010, 09:55 PM
There haven't really been any fillers. Considering how short each arc is and the gap between the manga and the anime, there hasn't been much need for any. It translates to anime really well.
But they also make episodes for the bonus chapters, so they feel like fillers.

FanMan
10-15-2010, 03:53 PM
in that Lucy's mother died on the same day all the dragons disappear

I don't remember this but I do remember them mentioned that Lucy's mother was dead.

I've also watched some of the episodes but I think sometimes the anime leaves out a few things like what caused Laxus to decide to return to the guild and try to take over Fairy Tail. In the manga, they show him in a store and gets angry cause a small guild was making fun of Fairy Tail.

EZE
10-15-2010, 03:54 PM
There haven't really been any fillers. Considering how short each arc is and the gap between the manga and the anime, there hasn't been much need for any. It translates to anime really well.
But they also make episodes for the bonus chapters, so they feel like fillers.

Did they get Natsu and the egg bonus chapter in the anime?

niknnik
10-17-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't remember this but I do remember them mentioned that Lucy's mother was dead.

I've also watched some of the episodes but I think sometimes the anime leaves out a few things like what caused Laxus to decide to return to the guild and try to take over Fairy Tail. In the manga, they show him in a store and gets angry cause a small guild was making fun of Fairy Tail.
I thought he was angry that Fairy Tail was apparently beaten by Phantom

Did they get Natsu and the egg bonus chapter in the anime?

Yes

FanMan
10-17-2010, 11:10 PM
I thought he was angry that Fairy Tail was apparently beaten by Phantom

I think that was the reason but they never explained why Laxus came back to Fairy Tail all angry like in the anime that would finally make him do this. We all knew that he felt that Fairy Tail was full of weaklings but never why he decided to come back in the anime.

ladykaiba419
10-23-2010, 08:02 AM
IMO I really didn't enjoy the anime much, example the whole transformation when erza changes her armor
ITS A SHOUNEN ANIME D: NOT a silly mahou transformation sequence for shojou types!
I was like... "Where's the badass part in this?..."
Meh, I but it was just a way to lengthen the anime episodes just so they can meet the time limit XD and that was a lesson I learned from gintama lol

But seriously, thos stuff.. kinda unnecessary, it seemed so much cooler in the anime

EZE
10-23-2010, 12:52 PM
three chapters next week. <_<

niknnik
10-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah :V

ladykaiba419
10-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Waiting for the next chapter is SUCK a pain T__T

sajeev50
10-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Woah man three chapters at once. O_o

Sounds like Mest is one badass mofo if he's going to get three chapters about himself. :V

AsianKid013
10-24-2010, 11:11 PM
wait 3 new chapters are out now? or 3 along the course of the week?

FanMan
10-24-2010, 11:51 PM
3 chapters coming up this week all at once but not out now.

EZE
10-28-2010, 02:26 PM
I kinda hope Natsu fails to be a S class mage this year. That way he'll just try to prove himself to be stronger.

niknnik
10-30-2010, 09:25 AM
I expect he will, and so will Gray. I'd like Cana to win or perhaps Elfman

EZE
10-30-2010, 11:50 AM
What happen to the two other chapters?

sajeev50
10-30-2010, 04:55 PM
They're coming later. One more has been released already.

Also lol at Mest. All the "Mest will beat anyone he faces" predictions have been destroyed. But it looks like he's the villian this time around. :/

FanMan
10-30-2010, 04:56 PM
They're releasing them one by one so that we wouldn't have to wait 18 hours for all three. I kind of like it that way so that it makes us anxious for the next chapter when it'll be out in a couple of hours. Instead of read through all three quickly and then wait a week.

sajeev50
10-30-2010, 07:17 PM
....HO SHIT THE THIRD CHAPTER!

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

niknnik
10-31-2010, 10:16 AM
It looks like Mashima's out to confuse us as much as he did with the whole Gerard thing.

FanMan
10-31-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm also trying to figure out how Zeref knows Natsu or at least says that Natsu is the only one who can defeat him?

Wait, would this mean that Natsu could end up being the next S-Class mage cause of what's going to happen?

EZE
11-20-2010, 12:13 PM
I liked the Natsu's house special chapter.

ladykaiba419
12-21-2010, 01:31 AM
The way that Ultear talks gives off a clue. Plus the guy on the island might be the one Ultear is looking for, if you think about it he's the only guy with that much destructive power on the island. Although i'm not that sure xD

Its Fairy Tail, IMO a typical Shonen Manga that makes a main character undefeated at some point and pretty won't die. Natsu's bound to be an S-Class xD

chloe01
12-27-2010, 05:12 AM
well me too like Natsu's house special chapter. that was really mind blowing and interesting.

AsteriskRocks
12-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Who thinks that Makarov is going die?

New Chapter (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/64212226/1)

EZE
12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
I like seeing all of Lucy's Celestial Spirit in doll form.

AsterGray
12-29-2010, 04:19 PM

been thinking it since chapter before last.

ladykaiba419
01-08-2011, 06:53 AM

*gulps* I DUN WANT IT TO HAPPEN BUT I THINK IT WILL!....
I hope he dies cuz he's already old xDD I dun want him to be killed xD

Oh... and I'm gonna cosplay Juvia sometime soon~ <3 :thatface:

niknnik
01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Makarov is going to die, but I'm more interested in what's going on with Zeref.

Besides all that HOLYSHITAGODSLAYEROMGWTBBQ. It's getting pretty epic.

EZE
01-11-2011, 07:26 PM
What was the third dark guild again?

sajeev50
01-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Raven Tail

EZE
01-11-2011, 07:53 PM
I checked, It was Tartaros

niknnik
01-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Raven Tail

Raven Tail is a dark guild, but it's not part of the alliance.

ladykaiba419
02-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Ultear is creeping me out she looks like a big fan girl of Zeref XD
but yeah.... OMG NATSU JUST SMELLED HER! :O XDD

EZE
07-27-2011, 11:18 AM
I finally watched the anime.