PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the yugioh author?

pupcuz1
06-15-2010, 12:57 AM
After watching the lovey episode "Little Kuriboh reviews yugioh" (watch it if you are clueless as to what I am talking about! Funny stuff!) I was shocked by the statement that duel monsters wasn't introduced until 8 chapters in. I couldn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. The fact is, the manga is seriously messed up! First of all, yugi is as LK put it, "a magnet for punches." I mean for at least the first 10 or so chatpers, yugi gets beat up like every single day! What is wrong with these people? Next, the pharaoh lives up to the 4kids name, Yami or "darkness, the dark, black-marketeering" in English. He is like the scariest person ever! Finally, the duel monsters show up maybe once. I read thoroughly the first 10 chapters and skipped around to just check. I haven't seen it since *spoiler! If you are interested in reading the manga, skip now!* Yami pulled a Pegasus and trapped Kaiba in a freaking card! *spoiler end* What the? I will stop ranting now, but if you doubt a single thing I dare you to stop reading and go on onemanga.com, search yu-gi-oh!, and just read. You have been warned.

A. E. Stover
03-14-2011, 10:51 AM
what is wrong with the yugioh author?

EVERYTHING.

SupermewX300
03-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Nothing. The Manga is incredible, you're just too stuck with the idea that Yu-Gi-Oh=Duel Monsters that you can't accept that Yu-Gi-Oh meaning king of games can mean any game other than duel monsters. Even then, the game Yami plays with Seto in Volume 2 isn't Duel Monsters, it's Magic and Wizards. And TBH, it doesn't need to be, because at the beginning Yu-Gi-Oh isn't about a crappy childrens card game, it's about the power of friendship and ancient Egyptian magic.

Duel Monsters isn't really crappy, but it's not the be all and end all of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Judai Yuki
03-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Nothing. The Manga is incredible, you're just too stuck with the idea that Yu-Gi-Oh=Duel Monsters that you can't accept that Yu-Gi-Oh meaning king of games can mean any game other than duel monsters. Even then, the game Yami plays with Seto in Volume 2 isn't Duel Monsters, it's Magic and Wizards. And TBH, it doesn't need to be, because at the beginning Yu-Gi-Oh isn't about a crappy childrens card game, it's about the power of friendship and ancient Egyptian magic.

Duel Monsters isn't really crappy, but it's not the be all and end all of Yu-Gi-Oh.
Well said.
I really loved the games Yami played with all the bad guys, especially the one where the guy ended up lighting himself on fire in the burger joint.
So good.
xD

Chimeratech17
03-18-2011, 03:37 AM
Pyromaniac.

KidsDR
03-28-2011, 04:19 PM

THIS.

If I may add, Duel Monsters/Magic and Wizards started out as a parody game. Think about it: in its introduction chapter, Grandpa Mutou was saying "this game is all the rage in America!" The manga came out in 1996. What card game was super popular in America in 1996? That would be Magic: The Gathering.

I honestly greatly prefer the manga. Everything I found unwatchable about the TV Tokyo version was extremely interesting in the manga (I specify this because, let's face it, the Toei version was awesome. I have the season 0 movie on DVD, albeit its an import and the subtitles are terrible, but at least it's not dubbed).

SupermewX300
05-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Well said.
I really loved the games Yami played with all the bad guys, especially the one where the guy ended up lighting himself on fire in the burger joint.
So good.
xD

YES! Loved that so much!

The fact that Anzu was like "who the hell was that?" made me laugh.

Sadly, I've only read volumes 1, 2, and 6 (I own 6 but not the others), which means that I miss loads of stuff, and also half of the game they play with Dark Bakura. At least I got to see the bit where the ring sticks into Bakura's chest.

I sounded like a fangirl then, didn't I?