PDA

View Full Version : The Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Thread

Light_Kaiba
08-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Well, I know alot of people hate this show, but I love it! I think it would be nice for there to be a thread that doesn't bash the anime, because the show isn't all that bad. So, reply if you like GX subbed or dubbed..

ValkyrieJuno
08-15-2010, 04:25 PM
^_^ I saw your reply to my post on the thread that bashes both GX and 5D's. I'm glad you agree with me!

I did used to hate GX, I admit. This was back when I was just getting back into the original series and GX was still airing. But one day, I decided to force myself to sit down and watch it regardless of whether or not it was crap. Season 1 and 2 were fine, and I instantly began to love it when it got to season 3. The original is always gonna be best in my opinion, but what it was missing was main character's past. Yes they developed Atem's past but not enough in my opinion. (And they had an entire season, too!) You don't ever see or hear about his mother. You learn more about Kaiba's past rather than Atem's. And you learn even less about Yugi's, which is sad because he's the true main character. I would've liked to see more of his parents. Jaden on the other hand you do get to learn about his past, even if you don't see his parents. And I loved his relationship with Yubel.

I watched only some of the first season. The plot never really got introduced, just the characters. Only towards the end of season 2 did it actually come in. But regardless it was awesome. It seems to me that Yubel was the best villain on the show and Jesse/Johan was the best supporting character. I love him too, though I think Syrus/Sho was just as great. I hated his deck but fortunately Zane gives him his old one. And Syrus stuck by Jaden's side when he was bummed about him going evil and psycho. That's a true friend. ;)

I like both English and Japanese, though I tend to watch English versions more just because I grew up with them. And I like the dubbed version anyways, despite the 4kids censorship.

Light_Kaiba
08-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Yay! I've finally found someone who doesn't hate GX! I tend to watch the english version as well because sometimes reading subs gets to be a bit much. I watched pretty much all of season 4 in one day, and had a massive headache after...
BTW, never watchig a whole season subbed in one day again.

Sooo, who is your favorite character in all of GX?

LordZorc
08-16-2010, 02:48 AM
Hurray or GX!!!

YUBEL IS AWESOME!!!

CosmicAce
08-16-2010, 05:25 AM
<~< >~>
*slight confession time*

My middle school years *and part of high school* was spent waiting every week for a new subbed episode of this show. Yes, I absolutely was in love with this show. I adored just about every main character on this show, especially Judai and Manjyome. <~<; And then Johan in season 3.

I don't know why, of all animus I watched back in middle school, THIS decided to stick to me. I always thought about that... heck, I never watched much of the original Yu-Gi-Oh... much less remember what I watched, except for the Virtual World Arc or whatever. I want to think it's because it also took place in a school, and it's one of those "and now for something completely different".

Even though Season 4 was cut short, due to god knows what rumor surrounding KENN and the producers, I completely enjoyed watching what I saw. Never had much of a complaint for the show, save for lack of spotlight for other main characters in season 3... darn ye, Yubel.

I'm way behind on the manga, but I do hope to catch up on it via buying them at Borders or something. I do prefer it over the anime, but that's only because the transfer students were brought it much earlier, and everyone gets to have a spotlight.

Light_Kaiba
08-16-2010, 03:33 PM
<~< >~>
*slight confession time*

My middle school years *and part of high school* was spent waiting every week for a new subbed episode of this show. Yes, I absolutely was in love with this show. I adored just about every main character on this show, especially Judai and Manjyome. <~<; And then Johan in season 3.

I don't know why, of all animus I watched back in middle school, THIS decided to stick to me. I always thought about that... heck, I never watched much of the original Yu-Gi-Oh... much less remember what I watched, except for the Virtual World Arc or whatever. I want to think it's because it also took place in a school, and it's one of those "and now for something completely different".

Even though Season 4 was cut short, due to god knows what rumor surrounding KENN and the producers, I completely enjoyed watching what I saw. Never had much of a complaint for the show, save for lack of spotlight for other main characters in season 3... darn ye, Yubel.

I'm way behind on the manga, but I do hope to catch up on it via buying them at Borders or something. I do prefer it over the anime, but that's only because the transfer students were brought it much earlier, and everyone gets to have a spotlight.

Confession?

So, Did you ever watch the butchered dub version of GX? Also, do you know where I might find the GX manga in english on the Internet? Please..:smiley1:

ValkyrieJuno
08-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Hmm my favorite character is Jaden/Judai of course, and Yubel. :D

Light_Kaiba
08-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Ohh..

Well, I have loads of favorite character's, but If I had to chose, it's either Judai or Johan. The other characters I Love are Manjoume, Fubuki, Edo, Hell Kaiser, Yubel, and Jim.

MusicalMeme
08-17-2010, 06:17 PM
I'll be like an Ojama and butt into the conversation :D

After watching some of YGO: AS, I realized that I never finished the original Yu-Gi-Oh! DM despite watching quite a lot every Saturday morning on KidsWB. Since they had the subs on Youtube, I finished the entire series and the movies with wonderful seiyuu and not-so-wonderful Hong Kong bootleg subs, but the series made a mark on me nonetheless (oh, the tearjerkers ;(.)

I decided to watch GX out of completion even though my friend said it was crap (he watched some episodes of the dub). I loved KENN as Judai (especially after I watched Tenimyu :D Btw, has anyone else here seen them?) and even though I hated Hayato, Sho, and Manjoume (temporarily) I have to admit - some of those filler eps were damn funny XD. I even watched the dubs of the funnier ones just to see how 4Kids dealt with the humor.

I think I started really liking the show after the Camula part of the Shadow Riders since I'm a total sap, but it was enough to have me going until the end. There were about 20-some episodes of Season 2 that I couldn't find subbed so I had to settle with dubbed, but I watched enough of the sub to figure out what they censored and stuff. Actually, I liked the dub with their ridiculous dialogue; I was just pissed that Edo's dub voice actor sounded so unsexy compared to Akira Ishida.

I love Season 3 with an unhealthy passion. Yubel and Johan have to be my favorite characters from that season, and most of the tearjerkers for me were all here. Gaah. ;( I liked the idea behind Season 4, but it was a pity everything was so rushed. I would have liked to hear about the futures of the supporting cast, too (Johan, Fubuki, *cough*). Only thing that bothered me was Judai's ending. It's a civilized world in the future! Where are there going to vast deserts to explore, nonetheless find people against whom you can duel? And what about your parents? .___.

I haven't started watching 5Ds since I watch series after they're completed, but it looks really promising to me :]

And now I end my rant.

Light_Kaiba
08-17-2010, 10:38 PM
So, you dislike Sho? I don't like him that much either, but my sister prefers him over Johan, and resents Johan because he 'stole' Judai from Sho. It's sad becuase I never have anyone to talk about Johan with. :frown:

MusicalMeme
08-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Well, here's this forum for all your Johan-fangirl needs! :D

Haha, I never liked Sho since he seemed way too dependent on Judai. I mean, he didn't growing a spine until Season 2 when he dueled against Ryo. And then I got super pissed off at him in Season 3 when he started criticizing Judai and made him become the Haou :/ Screw the vice/ball/thing; it was still him causing Judai's BSOD.

Besides, Roids are so uncool compared to Gem Beasts :D And Rainbow Dragon is absolutely beautiful.

Light_Kaiba
08-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Yes, I love the Rainbow Dragon! It's such a shame that it was only in a few episodes:( Though the same goes for Johan, he wasn't in enough episodes..

ValkyrieJuno
08-22-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm a fangirl of both, though Jesse/Johan did kinda steal Syrus/Sho's position as Jaden/Judai's best friend. (Poor Sho...) :/ Still Johan was awesome. :D

Light_Kaiba
08-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Yeah, he kinda did steal him... Also which way do you like GX better, subbed or dubbed? I love dub and all, even if the puns aren't that great, but it does have it's moments. i also love the show subbed, but I hate reading subs! It gets boring after a while..

MusicalMeme
08-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Subbed fosho. I am somewhat of a purist (even though the dub puns are pretty punny XD). They took too much of the seriousness out of the show especially in Season 3. And I hate how over 50% of the dub cast sounds like a surfer. Ugh.

I love how we're all female here XD Makes talking about fangirling over the guys much less awkward :]

Light_Kaiba
08-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Subbed fosho. I am somewhat of a purist (even though the dub puns are pretty punny XD). They took too much of the seriousness out of the show especially in Season 3. And I hate how over 50% of the dub cast sounds like a surfer. Ugh.

I love how we're all female here XD Makes talking about fangirling over the guys much less awkward :]

Lol, I loved your last line; it was MADE of win.. I was about to ask how you knew I was a girl, but then I noticed that My gender was written as Yaoi-Fangirl.. yeah.. so I never asked , but who is your favorite character on the show. Like I said, mine are Johan and Judai:thatface:

iJaden-Eph-Aster
08-25-2010, 10:57 PM
So, you dislike Sho? I don't like him that much either, but my sister adores him, and hates Johan because he 'stole' Judai from him. It's sad becuase I never have anyone to talk about Johan with. :frown:
Well its just a matter of opinion and I don't hate Johan/Jesse. I have nothing against him. To be honest I dont like Sho/Syrus that much either.
So don't talk about me on this forum.:squintyface::objection:

Light_Kaiba
08-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Well its just a matter of opinion and I don't hate Johan/Jesse. I have nothing against him. To be honest I dont like Sho/Syrus that much either.
So don't talk about me on this forum.:squintyface::objection:

Sorry:frown: I didn't meanto offend you, and I never said you hated anyone, only that you prefered Sho over Johan because Johan's a "Best Friend Stealer"...

Sorry, again:( BTW, do you got a fave character or pairing:wink: y'know, so we could get some pretty by pretty, I mean some hot and smexy GX yaoi pairing images up here:thatface:

iJaden-Eph-Aster
08-26-2010, 12:41 AM
I dont really have a favorite pairing, but my favorite character is Aster Phoenix. :thatface:

MusicalMeme
08-26-2010, 05:08 PM
I love all the hot guys XD Edo, Johan, Manjoume, Ryou... But I think my absolute favorite favorite guy is Johan :D

I'm pretty open to pairings too since I don't have a favorite one. For instance, I love pairing up Judai with everybody: Judai/Manjoume, Judai/Johan, Judai/Yubel, the list goes on and on. Unfortunately there aren't that many good GX fanfiction that I've found :/

Light_Kaiba
08-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Okay well....

MusicalMeme
08-27-2010, 03:09 AM
Oh gawd. I think I love you, and I'm straight.

Light_Kaiba
08-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Haha lol thanks.... Well, I'm off to find more pictures:thatface:

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Sorry:frown: I didn't meanto offend you, and I never said you hated anyone, only that you prefered Sho over Johan because Johan's a "Best Friend Stealer"...

Sorry, again:( BTW, do you got a fave character or pairing:wink: y'know, so we could get some pretty by pretty, I mean some hot and smexy GX yaoi pairing images up here:thatface:

Come to think about it I have at least one pairing I like.
egoshipping you can find out what it is....:thatface:

Light_Kaiba
09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
It's ManjoumexEdo, right?? Haha cool, they're hot together

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-04-2010, 09:08 PM
It's ManjoumexEdo, right?? Haha cool, they're hot together

Also I like sexyshipping:thatface: and you were right.:thatface:

Light_Kaiba
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Cool, oh and MusicalMeme, I've searched throughout the fanfiction archives on fanfiction.net, and I've found some pretty awesome fanfics. I can give you the links if you want..:thatface:

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Random pictues:thatface:; one is parody sorry if you get affended its just so funny.

SaraiSohma
09-17-2010, 10:10 PM
I found that GX was bittersweet, I loved the concept of a school dedicated to it, but somehow it wasn't played out like I expected it to be. I know they wanted to concentrate on the new characters, too, but I would have LOVED to see more appearances of old ones. Other than the slow progression, I really enjoy watching the latter seasons of GX. Romance is my guilty pleasure and the Alexis/Asuka + Jaden/Juudai is no exception

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Spiritshipping is the best pairing with Juudai/Jaden hands down.

Light_Kaiba
09-18-2010, 02:12 AM
Yeah, I like AsukaxJudai too, but only one-sided. My OTP for GX is, like everybody else, JudaixJohan. Since I know there are some people that like AsukaxJudai, I'll post a picture of it. I just only saw it in the anime as one-sided on Asuka's part. Obviously, she did almost tell Judai that she loved him, but chose her career instead.

So, here go the pictures.

SaraiSohma
09-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Jaden was just so hyper and fun-loving it's really hard to pin his actions down to romantic or platonic (when he seems to even have a thought in his head lol) no matter who it is.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-18-2010, 02:01 PM
^But in season 4 he was less hyper and more douchey and it appeared the only person he liked as a friendwas Johan. Which was kinda funny and questionable, at the same time.Lol.

Light_Kaiba
09-18-2010, 02:50 PM
I liked him better in season 4. His voice matched him better,and he was hot, really hot. Also, I happened to like his attitude.

And he could be seme to anyone when it came to the season. 17 year old, season 4 Judai pwnz all.

SaraiSohma
09-18-2010, 03:32 PM
angst is a total turn off for me, no thanks season 4 Jaden, I will not be pinning your picture on my ceiling...

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-18-2010, 04:23 PM
In my opinion, season 4 Juudai is hot and season 1-3 Judai is adorable. He is better in season 4 because he is less annoying and childish.

Light_Kaiba
09-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Aww, not an angst/emo lover? That's too bad. i think that was why so many people like season 4 Judai, y'know, the whole 'Look at how hot I am when I don't give a crap,' gave him a lot of fangirls. I'm not gonna lie, I loved it;)

He got better after 162 though, still a bit harsh, but nicer. Anyway, he didn't wasn't like that only in season 4, it began in season 3 when he started blowing off Shou for Johan.

Oh, and I thought the whole Kaiba Corporation exploding was slightly hilarious. I'm not sure why, it just made me laugh a little.

@i-Jaden-Eph-Aster
What do you mean you likke him better in the 4th season because he isn't annoying and childish? He was never annoying and childish! Maybe innocent and cluless, but never childish.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Well he was a clueless as a child is what I meant.

Light_Kaiba
09-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah, you just like season 4 Judai because he "Melts the fat off of Hayato!" with his extreme hotness, right?

Also, I can't help but feel like this has become the Judai Yuki thread, where his fangirls talk about how hot he is, and all that fluff.::3:

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Hehe yeah he melts Chum li's fat.
More picture anybody?
1st one is random cosplayers from deviantart not me.

SaraiSohma
09-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Well I just didn't like the change. He started out all innocent and I totally loved it, because not a lot of main characters seem to carry that very well for very long.

Light_Kaiba
09-19-2010, 11:37 AM
I totally understand where you're coming from! I really liked both halves of Judai.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Well I just didn't like the change. He started out all innocent and I totally loved it, because not a lot of main characters seem to carry that very well for very long.

I see what your saying, but I think season 4 Judai and 1-3 Judai have what the other didn't have, that's why Judai became a douche in season 4.
But I love 'em both!:thatface:
My math:
Hot=Cute
They are equally loveable.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Forgot to post these 2 pictures..:thatface:
BTW the 1st one is kinda wierd.

Light_Kaiba
09-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Sho isn't that cute. I always thought Judai and Johan were far more adorable than him. Sho kinda looks funny, so I would say Asuka is cuter.

SaraiSohma
09-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Sho is a hobbit, but im sure as a little tiny child he would be adorable. GAH I've got the hots for Asuka's older brother, too.... @@

Light_Kaiba
09-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Fubuki/Atticus is hot. So yeah, I get where you're coming from. Then again, a lot of the GX guys are.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Fubuki/Atticus is hot. So yeah, I get where you're coming from. Then aain, a lot of the GX guys are.
I agreed to this so much it should be illegal.

Light_Kaiba
09-22-2010, 12:00 AM
I know right? Here's more pictures...

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Nice................

Light_Kaiba
09-22-2010, 11:43 PM
I know right... I'd post more but I've got a headache..

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Oh that sucks.

Light_Kaiba
09-24-2010, 06:13 PM
It's been quiet here lately. I guess everybody is keeping their fanart to themselves

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Ummmm who is you guys' favorite GX character. Mine is Mary Sue #55675 Edo Phoenix.
Also Judai.

Light_Kaiba
09-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Oh god, don't get me started with my favorite character! Well, too late. I love Johan! He's so adorable, and so is his voice(in both versions)!

I also like Judai, he's so freaking awesome(mainly in season 4), Manjoume, and Fubuki!

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Okay anybody else??

ValkyrieJuno
09-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Ha, I already posted that my favorite characters were Judai and Yubel. (Sorry if I haven't posted in a while, I don't get much time to be on here because of school.)

I loved nearly all of the characters on GX though.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh, I know right when I get home I do my homework; so I can go on the computer and come on the forums. Yubel is cool too, but does't cut it for me.

Light_Kaiba
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
How? She made Judai who he was in season 4. Just for that, she's beyond awesome

iJaden-Eph-Aster
09-29-2010, 08:30 PM
True, very true.

Yuuki Kuran
10-04-2010, 12:16 AM
:smiley8:The people on Youtube lied to me. They said that 4kids was suppose to be dubbing season 4 and that we would get to see it sometime in September/October!!! Where's the rest of the series?:smiley6::smiley6:

Anyway my favorite male GX character is...........well, there's too many! I like Zane (Ryo), Jesse (Johan), Atticus (sorry I forgot his japanese name), and the crocodile guy (::3:::3:::3:).

My favorite female GX character would have to be Alexis, I guess. GX didn't have alot of female characters if I remember right.

YaoiMeowmaster
10-04-2010, 05:06 PM
The only reason I watched it was for Syrus. (Sho) Other than him I consider the series poop. Especially Jaden's jokes. They make me want to flail. I like my men girly, effeminate and/or weak. AKA Syrus, Ryou, Yugi, Mokuba there are certainly exceptions...but meh.

I tend to have a distaste for SpiritShippers (Jesse X Jaden) ((Johan x Judai)) because when I say that I prefer AnikiShipping (Syrus X Jaden AKA Sho X Judai) They come out like assholes saying that Syrus is like Jaden's brother why would they have sex, no Jesse has a better relationship, Syrus is stupid BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It's like trying to tell your typical Puzzleshipper that you Prefer Tea X Yuugi. :|

ValkyrieJuno
10-09-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm not to big on pairing couples together on GX. The only one I'm really big on is JadenxYubel because of their unique relationship and how they've always been together. Besides, they got an entire season together. That says something. Anyways, I like Syrus and Jesse just fine.

Light_Kaiba
10-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I'm sure I've voiced my opinions on the whole pairing thing. I never jumped on the band wagon with the whole Puzzleshipping thing either. I prefer Prideshipping.

For GX, I'm your typical GX yaoi fan when it comes to my OTP, meaning that I'm a diehard Spiritshipper. Though, I don't know what Spiritshippers you were talking to, I'm perfectly fine with Anikishipping, and most other pairings with Judai.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
10-11-2010, 10:18 PM
The only reason I watched it was for Syrus. (Sho) Other than him I consider the series poop. Especially Jaden's jokes. They make me want to flail. I like my men girly, effeminate and/or weak. AKA Syrus, Ryou, Yugi, Mokuba there are certainly exceptions...but meh.

I tend to have a distaste for SpiritShippers (Jesse X Jaden) ((Johan x Judai)) because when I say that I prefer AnikiShipping (Syrus X Jaden AKA Sho X Judai) They come out like assholes saying that Syrus is like Jaden's brother why would they have sex, no Jesse has a better relationship, Syrus is stupid BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It's like trying to tell your typical Puzzleshipper that you Prefer Tea X Yuugi. :|

Not to be rude, but YaoiMeowmaster what kind of spiritshippers do you talk to?

I am a spiritshipper and I totally agree with Light_Kaiba said.

BTW I don't hate Anikishipping and I'm a Spiritshipper.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
10-30-2010, 03:31 AM
Pictures of Judai anyone?

Light_Kaiba
10-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Yay! Judai looks so cute there..

iJaden-Eph-Aster
11-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Yah.^^
Likk omq
Season 4 iz lykk so awesome bcuz eht just wuz.

Likk omq!!!111!!SPIRITSHIPPING4EVA!!LoLwuht!1!1!

Light_Kaiba
11-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Your writing looked just like some fanfic author's writing. Yes, the GX archives are that sad.

Anyways, seaso0n 4 was awesome. Judai was a hot, angsty badass. What more could a fangirl ask for. Oh, and Spiritshipping was soooo canon in that season. The only way it could've been more obvious was if Judai and Johan started making out in episode 172.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
11-07-2010, 01:40 PM
What about every episode with Johan?

PoisonXLilly
11-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Light_Kaiba
11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Cute picture.

And every episode with Johan Andersen is purely fanservice. Since he has pracitcally no development, he must be a bishie/fanservice device. He breaks the laws of the universe by being super adorable and hot at the same time. He's still not as hot as Judai in the 4th season. Judai pwns all in that season.

Johan and Judai have totally made out in all the episodes they were in together. We just didn't see it because the camera wasn't on them when it happend. Also, the animators didn't want to cause any massive nosebleeds or piss off all the Fianceshippers.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Nice picture.

Plus 99.99% of the fanfics about Judaixeveryone else but Johan would go to waste if they made it canon.if you'd consider it not canon

YGOTAS_Rox
11-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Yay! I've finally found someone who doesn't hate GX! I tend to watch the english version as well because sometimes reading subs gets to be a bit much. I watched pretty much all of season 4 in one day, and had a massive headache after...
BTW, never watchig a whole season subbed in one day again.

Sooo, who is your favorite character in all of GX?

Definitely Bastion! He's cute! I want to hug him! *hugs him*

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3476/3710028035_3c6b0c372b.jpg&imgrefurl=http://flickr.com/photos/pokemon19/3710028035/&usg=__qoNl4KN3YplnbZhbMTydQdMTS30=&h=357&w=474&sz=85&hl=en&start=59&zoom=0&tbnid=519awyzmBJaU_M:&tbnh=97&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbastion%2Bmisawa%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%2 6client%3Dubuntu%26channel%3Dfs%26biw%3D1280%26bih %3D575%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=895&vpy=286&dur=1873&hovh=97&hovw=129&tx=75&ty=40&ei=4UTcTJ3TN4S0lQeOqujRCQ&oei=UkTcTPGPJYmenAejlsgW&esq=6&page=4&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:59

YGOTAS_Rox
11-11-2010, 02:37 PM
FORGET WHAT I JUST SAID!
I like Hassleberry!! He's cuter! *hugs Hassleberry*

Light_Kaiba
11-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh wow. Gx fans that like Hassleberry and Bastion are hard to find. You're one of a kind!

BTW I consider Spiritshipping very canon!

iJaden-Eph-Aster
11-11-2010, 11:25 PM
That.Both things Light_Kaiba said.

Light_Kaiba
11-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Yup.

Does anyone else agree with the fact that the only purpose of having Johan on the show was to be a bishie/fanservice device.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
11-25-2010, 10:15 PM
No...

Everyone knows that Johan was there to get f**ked by Judai.
Not really but its a funny thought.

Light_Kaiba
11-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Oh, you're right! Sorry I forget sometimes. Jeez, I'm such a bad Spiritshipper..

iJaden-Eph-Aster
11-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Sooooo........... which characters do you find adorable/hot?

Light_Kaiba
12-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Ahaha, this question's already been asked, but I'll answer it anyway.

Judai is adorable in the first 3 seasons, and hot in the 4th. Johan is adorable too. Shou just creeps me out.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
12-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Um okay I was hoping for other people to answer my question.
Also Sho is a wanna be baby panda

CosmicAce
12-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Sooooo........... which characters do you find adorable/hot?
Judai and Manjyome. At least, that's what middle-school self would say. With a side-dish of Johan and Jim.

I've gone back to the animu several times just for the hell of it (thanks Janime and TVTropes OTL), and I feel bad for seriously lagging behind on the manga. For one, the transfer students are there now [and Johan is a bug person. As a Wriggle cosplayer, that makes me extreme happy. Bzz bzz~]. I reeeally have to find the manga volumes themselves in some store. Volumes 1 and 2 are getting real lonely. <_<; Then again, I was sad when the show suddenly had to end during my freshman year of high school so I couldn't go on anymore. [Pfft, I was so silly]

Light_Kaiba
12-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Judai and Manjyome. At least, that's what middle-school self would say. With a side-dish of Johan and Jim.

I've gone back to the animu several times just for the hell of it (thanks Janime and TVTropes OTL), and I feel bad for seriously lagging behind on the manga. For one, the transfer students are there now [and Johan is a bug person. As a Wriggle cosplayer, that makes me extreme happy. Bzz bzz~]. I reeeally have to find the manga volumes themselves in some store. Volumes 1 and 2 are getting real lonely. <_<; Then again, I was sad when the show suddenly had to end during my freshman year of high school so I couldn't go on anymore. [Pfft, I was so silly]

What do you mean by saying your "middle-school self"?

Xanadu
12-22-2010, 04:36 PM
I thought the show had huge potential but it started to really suck by season 2
and I really hate "The Chazz" (I call him that always)
and it also sucked we never saw Alexis' titties

iJaden-Eph-Aster
12-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Did you only watch the dub??

Xanadu
12-23-2010, 01:27 AM
yes, I had no patience to try the sub

Light_Kaiba
12-23-2010, 02:15 AM
I skipped the first 2 seasons of the show. I heard the 3rd and 4th seasons were better.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
12-23-2010, 02:26 AM
yes, I had no patience to try the sub

I know how you feel. I don't like to read the subtitles it gives me headaches. But the sub is better than the dub.

CosmicAce
12-23-2010, 05:58 PM
What do you mean by saying your "middle-school self"?

Back in the day. I don't have a major "hubba hubba" over the characters now. I just see them as really fun characters.

Light_Kaiba
12-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Ahh.. We've all had the feeling:)

Xanadu
12-26-2010, 01:08 AM
my tarot cards said I would hate GX

iJaden-Eph-Aster
12-26-2010, 02:23 AM
The cards never lie.

Light_Kaiba
12-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Let's talk about the most important thing on the show:

Yuki Judai

iJaden-Eph-Aster
12-30-2010, 11:54 PM

Yuki Judai

:objection: WRONG!

The most important thing on the show is:

CROWLER aka CHRONOS :thatface:

Light_Kaiba
12-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah, because talking about an old creepy transvestie-looking pedobear is so much better than talking about a yummy 17 year old boy..

BTW, what ever happened to Crowler's red lipstick? He had in the 3rd episode and then it disappeared.

.TheMalik.
01-03-2011, 10:34 AM
I love GX subbed! Also, DSI's YGO GX TAS is really great!

I think Judai Yuki is better looking than Bakura. :l /shot

Anyway...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/Groups%20or%20Other/1284552867135950.png
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/Groups%20or%20Other/13932095_m.jpg
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/Groups%20or%20Other/4747251_m.jpg
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/Groups%20or%20Other/13999088_m.jpg
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/Groups%20or%20Other/3261575_m.jpg
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/CharactersRandom/3298200_m.jpg
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/CharactersRandom/1277305456785911.png
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/CharactersRandom/1250172640767184.png
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/CharactersRandom/1250656128562642.png
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/Groups%20or%20Other/6008888_m.jpg
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/Groups%20or%20Other/7905231_m.png
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/CharactersRandom/1287425760065874.png
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/Groups%20or%20Other/3303549_m.jpg
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/Groups%20or%20Other/11993941_m.png

<3
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/joltymar/Groups%20or%20Other/untitled-7-2.jpg

iJaden-Eph-Aster
01-03-2011, 05:15 PM
I love all the pictures and the yaoi.
Especially the last one, it looks like they're high or something.

Light_Kaiba
01-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Lol I know right. Those pictures were absolutely brilliant. And they're right, Judai is better looking than Bakura.

SupermewX300
01-04-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm not really into the anime, it was very hard to find on TV (even sky!), and I just didn't find it as good as the original. But then something happened. I'd seen it on the manga shelf in WH Smith. Along with the masses of Bleach and Naruto, just sitting there, alone. I'd even picked it up a couple of times, just for a glance, but it didn't seem anything special. But recently my eyes have been opened as to how awesome masnga is, so in a last minute rush I grabbed it, and bought it, looking upon it with hope.

When I read at the start that the GX manga was completely seperate from the anime, I was pleasently surpised. But as I slowly got further and further through Volume 1 it became clear to me that, no matter how good the anime actually was, the manga was amazing. As far as Duel Monsters goes, it was the only time I'd seen it in Manga (the only other Yu-Gi-Oh manga is the first series volume 6), it it was better by far than in the anime. I also love the way the characters have real personalities, that are interesting to read about, and make sense. I love the Manga, so I might as well give the anime a proper go. Just how to do that, I don't know.

Cardmon
01-05-2011, 06:18 AM
GX is better than 5D's. I have watched only japanese version so 4Kids dub names are greek to me. I have also read manga. I liked anime better. About favourite character... well, Fujiwara is hot.

EDIT: 4th opening is the best. Precious Time, Glory Days by Psychic Lover.

SupermewX300
01-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Who's Fujiwara?

Cardmon
01-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Yusuke Fujiwara. That guy.
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/464/3351981760409538.png

ggctuk
01-05-2011, 02:21 PM
He looks like Bakura and Marik had a child together.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
01-05-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm not really into the anime, it was very hard to find on TV (even sky!), and I just didn't find it as good as the original. But then something happened. I'd seen it on the manga shelf in WH Smith. Along with the masses of Bleach and Naruto, just sitting there, alone. I'd even picked it up a couple of times, just for a glance, but it didn't seem anything special. But recently my eyes have been opened as to how awesome masnga is, so in a last minute rush I grabbed it, and bought it, looking upon it with hope.

When I read at the start that the GX manga was completely seperate from the anime, I was pleasently surpised. But as I slowly got further and further through Volume 1 it became clear to me that, no matter how good the anime actually was, the manga was amazing. As far as Duel Monsters goes, it was the only time I'd seen it in Manga (the only other Yu-Gi-Oh manga is the first series volume 6), it it was better by far than in the anime. I also love the way the characters have real personalities, that are interesting to read about, and make sense. I love the Manga, so I might as well give the anime a proper go. Just how to do that, I don't know.

The manga was made after the show.

.TheMalik.
01-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Which manga did you read? The dubbed one? Or the one with the Japanese names and such?

...I don't understand why we have a dubbed manga on the shelves.

SupermewX300
01-06-2011, 06:13 PM
The manga was made after the show.

I know. It says on the first page of the book.

It had the english names (which is odd seeing as the Yu-Gi-Oh original manga I got from the same WH Smith had the Japanese names). It was only Volume 1, so I haven't seen Fujiwara yet.

Light_Kaiba
01-07-2011, 01:02 AM
I know. It says on the first page of the book.

It had the english names (which is odd seeing as the Yu-Gi-Oh original manga I got from the same WH Smith had the Japanese names). It was only Volume 1, so I haven't seen Fujiwara yet.

I haven't read the GX manga yet, but I'm pretty sure Fujiwara isn't in it. The manga plot strays far away from the show's plot, hell I don't think the whole madness from seasons 2 and 3 happened in it, and considering the fact that Fujiwara is from the awesome season(season 4) he probably won't be in it.

On the bright side, I've heard that the transfer students show up earlier in the manga than they do in the anime, so the manga must be made of win.

SupermewX300
01-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Oh. Then I wouldn't know him.

EDIT: Well, now I've got 1, 3, 4, and 5 (not 2, oh no, WHSmith aren't THAT sensible) and I must say, it is incredible. And Chazz is super badass. Well, that's all I'll have for a coupe of months (at least ¬_¬) so I'm gonna have to wait to find out how Chazz loses (because lets face it, he's not gonna win. It's Kaiser damn Truesdale). At least it'll come with E-Hero The Shining (probably)

Light_Kaiba
02-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Kaiser Truesdale? Lol, that's a new one..

CosmicAce
02-11-2011, 11:52 PM
On the bright side, I've heard that the transfer students show up earlier in the manga than they do in the anime, so the manga must be made of win.
JOHAN IS A BUG MAAAAAAAAAAAAN. (http://kiose-style.deviantart.com/art/X-over-I-like-bugs-158555723)
I was sad that the Gem Beasts went bai bai, but then the bug-part made me all happy again... even though I hate being near bugs irl.

SupermewX300
02-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Kaiser Truesdale? Lol, that's a new one..

Lol, that's what you think.

Light_Kaiba
02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I don't think I really understand what just happened..

Do they call him Kaiser Truesdale in the manga or something? Also, about the Johan/bug thing, it's kind of sad. I think Johan looks way cuter with gems and rainbows by his side.

SupermewX300
03-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I don't think I really understand what just happened..

Do they call him Kaiser Truesdale in the manga or something? Also, about the Johan/bug thing, it's kind of sad. I think Johan looks way cuter with gems and rainbows by his side.

Kaiser's his nickname in the manga. Because somehow "Zane" just wasn't quite cool enough.

Also, volume 6 is only just about to be/only just been released in the UK, so Jesse isn't in it yet ¬_¬ (I don't care if you use the Japanese names, I'm just using the ones I know from the dub). I think he transferrs over with the others in volume 6, which apparently contains Aster (imo, the best GX anime character), so I'm happy about that.

Light_Kaiba
03-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Oh.. I've looked every where I can and I can't find the GX manga in the library or in bookstores. it's very sad, And I want to read it because I've heard that Johan gets there a lot sooner.

Judai Yuki
03-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I love GX, especially the dub.
It's so humerous, and the characters are just that much more lovable.
I'm not sure there's actually a character I don't like.

I used to watch it a lot when I was younger, and now I'm finally getting through the entire series.
I'm on episode 85 of the dub, and I'm really excited to get to Johan at episode 101~

I may watch the subbed version after, but I'm not sure if there's really any point, as I know where most of the edits happened, and they really didn't mess up anything vital.

SupermewX300
03-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh.. I've looked every where I can and I can't find the GX manga in the library or in bookstores. it's very sad, And I want to read it because I've heard that Johan gets there a lot sooner.

Yeah, I think he does. What are the main things that happen in the anime? Because the only GX antagonist I know is Tragodea.

Judai Yuki
03-16-2011, 12:53 PM

Yuki Judai Damn straight.
;D

Light_Kaiba
03-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Lol.

Also, The main antagonists of the GX anime are The Light of Destruction, Saiou Takuma, Cobra, Yubel(sort of), and Darkness.

Season 1: I don't really know what happens because I never watched that season. I only wayched 34 episodes of it and got bored.

Season 2: More exciting than season 1, but I still haven't finished watching it. Sartorious tries to brainwash the world using the Light of Destruction, and Jaden gets the Neo-Spacians..(Elemental Hero Neos FTW)

Season 3: Jaden turns kind of mean to his friends and starts hanging out with Jesse. Cobra tries to use Duel Energy to bring back Yubel, but he ends up dying. Yubel then takes the whole school to a weird dimension, and pretty much everyone turns into zombies. Jaden and Jesse face off against Yubel, and Jesse summons Rainbow Dragon so that everyone can go back hime. Everyone makes it back, except for Jesse, so Jaden goes on a mission to get Jesse. Pretty much all of Jaden's friends follow him to another dimension, where all of them get killed, except for Syrus and Crowler, and Jaden duels Yubel and saves Jesse. This time, everyone besides Jaden makes it back, and all of the people that died came back. Jaden comes back on the last episode of this season.

Season 4: Jaden becomes a hot emo douche and stops hanging out. Everyone is sad that he changed, so Alexis confronts him about it. They have a tag-duel with Blair and Hassleberry, resulting in Jaden and Alexis winning. Alexis almost tells Jaden that she loves him, and Jaden thanks her for helping him see the fun in dueling. After that, everyone starts disappearing because of Darkness, and Jaden ends up being the only person left. He duels Darkness and wins. In the last episode he duels Yugi, and we don't get to know the results of that duel, It ends with Jaden running of into the desert.

That's it. Any questions?

Chimeratech17
03-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Lol.

Season 1: I don't really know what happens because I never watched that season. I only watched 34 episodes of it and got bored.

Season 2: More exciting than season 1, but I still haven't finished watching it. Sartorious tries to brainwash the world using the Light of Destruction, and Jaden gets the Neo-Spacians... (Elemental Hero Neos FTW)

Season 3: Jaden turns kind of mean to his friends and starts hanging out with Jesse. Cobra tries to use Duel Energy to bring back Yubel, but he ends up dying. Yubel then takes the whole school to a weird dimension, and pretty much everyone turns into zombies. Jaden and Jesse face off against Yubel, and Jesse summons Rainbow Dragon so that everyone can go back hime. Everyone makes it back, except for Jesse, so Jaden goes on a mission to get Jesse. Pretty much all of Jaden's friends follow him to another dimension, where all of them get killed, except for Syrus and Crowler, and Jaden duels Yubel and saves Jesse. This time, everyone besides Jaden makes it back, and all of the people that died came back. Jaden comes back on the last episode of this season.

Season 4: Jaden becomes a hot emo douche and stops hanging out. Everyone is sad that he changed, so Alexis confronts him about it. They have a tag-duel with Blair and Hassleberry, resulting in Jaden and Alexis winning. Alexis almost tells Jaden that she loves him, and Jaden thanks her for helping him see the fun in dueling. After that, everyone starts disappearing because of Darkness, and Jaden ends up being the only person left. He duels Darkness and wins. In the last episode he duels Yugi, and we don't get to know the results of that duel, It ends with Jaden running of into the desert.

That's it. Any questions?

I do love it when people say they don't know the results of the Yugi vs Jaden duel.

Well, allow me to fill you in:

http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/b/ba/SlifervsNeosGX180.jpg

...with 5000 ATK.

No offence to Jaden or any of the GX fans, but HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO WIN IN THAT SITUATION?!

CosmicAce
03-29-2011, 07:11 PM
You don't. But apparently, it's always a good idea to go out with a BANG!

Chimeratech17
03-29-2011, 07:25 PM
...fair enough. And cannoning your trump monster into a FREAKING EGYPTIAN GOD is probably the best way to do that.

SupermewX300
04-06-2011, 10:52 AM
a question, which came first, Slifer or Neos. Because if it was Slifer then imma laugh.

Light_Kaiba
04-06-2011, 06:21 PM
It was Slifer.. I think. If you are talking about when it showed up in Yu-Gi-Oh, then definetly Slifer, but if you're talking about the episode then I'm not sure.

SupermewX300
05-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Episode Obviously, Yugi has Slifer from Season 2 of original, and Neos turned up after the start of GX, so obviously Slifer appeared first. Do you think I'm a stupid Yu-Gi-Oh n00b?

CosmicAce
05-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Neos. Slifer was summoned at the last turn of the duel, while Neos was out on the field for a long while. /late Khaoseru is late

eternity
06-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Well, I know alot of people hate this show, but I love it! I think it would be nice for there to be a thread that doesn't bash the anime, because the show isn't all that bad. So, reply if you like GX subbed or dubbed..

THANK YOU. Someone who DOESN'T hate GX. I am so sick of "GX sucks. :V", and "y u watch GX? it's shit". I fucking LOVE GX. Especially the intro.

I really dislike Syrus, though. Little twit is so annoying. He makes me want to watch a series based on fucking MOKUBA. No, not a fucking porn video, you twits. A "series" that would have Mokuba as the main character.

My favourite character at the moment, would probably be Jaden. (Surprised?) Mainly because he's so positive, and happy. ...And has an E-Hero deck. That stuff is just total fucking win.

eternity
06-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I have a serious question that's serious, and needs a serious answer.

... I'm re-watching YGO GX. Once I finish the dub, should I continue watching the other episodes?

SupermewX300
06-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Nah, read the Manga, 50x better than the anime (probably)

Also, I now have Volume 6 of the Manga (yay, E hero The Shining :D), and it did not dissapoint. Full of badassery from Chazz, Zane, Jaden, and Winged Kuriboh (best character). Glad to find out that Naoyuki is just as annoyed as I am that Light and Dark End Dragon are Synchros in the TCG. Plus, a sneak peek at Aster, and oddly enough, his relationship with Reggie.

CosmicAce
06-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Plus, a sneak peek at Aster, and oddly enough, his relationship with Reggie.
... Why am I more curious than ever now?

SupermewX300
06-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Because Aster's awesome.

eternity
06-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I found Aster to be a dick. >__>

Light_Kaiba
06-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Totally. Aster was annoying as hell.

CosmicAce
06-25-2011, 06:29 PM
So I actually bothered getting Volumes 3 to 6 with some Border gift cards. My cousin opened the 6th volume and found the pages with the transfer students.... GOSH, SUCH STICKS. I forget sometimes.

AzzyFox
06-26-2011, 03:06 PM
No offense to Jaden or any of the GX fans, but HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO WIN IN THAT SITUATION?!

I would like to point out that Jaden defeated The Winged Dragon of Ra in season 2 (episode 85) of GX without so much as breaking a sweat.

It's fun to think he defeated Yugi and I think he did. Heck, the opening episode title of GX is "The Next King of Games."

Regarding GX itself, I kinda got bored with it as it headed into Season 3. A lot of the characters were either boring or unlikeable but I did enjoy watching Jaden, Zane, Jesse, and Hassleberry.

I have to agree with an above post; Aster was a hard nut to crack and a bit of a jerk. I could never tell whose side he was on.

Another issue I had with GX was the lack of threatening villains and the insane number of filler episodes.

Overall, I can't say GX was all that great but I can say that a lot of the characters were awesome and memorable.

CosmicAce
06-26-2011, 07:07 PM
It's fun to think he defeated Yugi and I think he did. Heck, the opening episode title of GX is "The Next King of Games."
I only glimpsed at this before going into deep thought. /goshdarnit me

...And I realized he doesn't become king. Nah, after time-traveling/dimension-traveling/I don't know anymore to duel some AU!Yugi [maybe] (and to clear up the other children going what, apparently Judai finds Yugi in the universe where a Battle City 2 just took place) and getting his butt kicked... what Judai becomes is a messiah of sorts to connect people with spirits. At least, that what he says after ending up at a desert, no?

Don't get me wrong, the idea that he beat Yugi sounds fun... but it's a miniscule idea, especially after pointing out that he never stopped Neos from attacking Osiris/Slifer.

AzzyFox
06-26-2011, 10:45 PM
It's a miniscule idea, especially after pointing out that he never stopped Neos from attacking Osiris/Slifer.

I don't think he would have attacked Slifer if he didn't have a means of strengthening Neos or debilitating Slifer.

CosmicAce
06-27-2011, 07:59 AM
But he did. And to quote Janime's episode summary about what's happening at the final moments of the duel.
"Judai-kun", Yami Yugi says, "You are a great duelist, and you deserve to have God as your opponent". Judai smiles, looking very happy. "Yugi-san", he thinks, "I'll never forget it...the best and most precious moment you've given me!". Clenching his fist, he exclaims that dueling a great opponent like this is making him very excited. If that's what he desires, Yami Yugi says, then the true decisive game starts right here, and Judai agrees with him.

Judai stands with Winged Kuriboh and Yubel appearing at his side, while Yami Yugi stands with Kuriboh and Yugi appearing at his side. "Thanks to you", he thinks, "I've gotten it back...that thing I've lost all this time and that I haven't been aware of. It's something that, when I become an adult, I can't forget". He then bravely declares E-Hero Neos's attack, as Neos flies towards The Sky Dragon of Osiris.

Yami Yugi and Yugi stand side-by-side in awe of the attack, as Judai thinks, "No matter what happens, I won't forget it...I'll always have it...the feeling of joy in a duel", Judai thinks, looking at the last moment of the fight between his hero and God, as it all fades to white.

tl;dr version: Judai attacked because he had fun dueling again. If he was still that emo self that we've been dealing with this whole season, he proooobably would've done something different.

That, and it's Yugi and Yami Yugi. Everyone squees when it's Yugi... and Yami Yugi. :V

ggctuk
06-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Did Jaden have anything face-down at the time? If not, there's absolutely no way he could have won against Slifer.

CosmicAce
06-27-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't recall any. Just one Spell on the field and he was doing some combo with other spells before Yami Yugi summoned Osiris.

SupermewX300
07-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Well, actually, if Jaden had Honest in his hand (which is quite possible, so long as he still has a hand), then he could very easily used it to boost Neos to 2500 more ATK than Slifer, making it entirely possible for him to win. However (and keep in mind that I haven't seen the episode) from what I've read, it seems that Jaden's attack continues too far by the end for him to use the effect. But he could have. So it was literally either duelist's game.

Light_Kaiba
07-07-2011, 10:47 AM
I couldn't really say much since it's been an awful long time since I've seen the episode, but I think they left it like that so fans could chose whoever they wanted to win. I don't know. I think they should've shown the whole duel.

angel of darknezz
09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
I admit, I used to hate this seires with a passion. I thought it was a cheap rip-off of the original, but one day I decided to give it a shot. Oddly enough, I became addicted. I now like it just as much as Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters. I watched every episode of it. I even decided to try Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds. I like it, so far... and who knows? I may try Zexal if I get really bored (although I hear it's good so far) :p

I have seen all the GX episodes in both Dub and Sub. Quite honestly, I love both versions. I do understand why people dislike the Dub, but I kinda like the english voices... although, I'm sure people will disagree with me on this but, I thought Jaden's(Judai's) voice in english was appropriate.

My favorite characters in GX are Chazz Princeton (Jun Manjoume) and Aster Phoenix (Edo Phoenix), but mostly Chazz. I think his crush on Alexis (Asuka Tenjouin) is really cute. It surprises me how many Johan (Jesse Anderson) fans there are O.o

I liked Zane Truesdale (Ryo Marufuj) in the first episodes, before he turned dark. Back when he was less emotional. I liked how he was the only character who did'nt flinch from the attack of a HOLOGRAM (y'know, the one with no physical presence) >.>

Logi
09-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Since I read something about the Yugi vs Jaden battle, what number has this episode?

To get to the part with Mokuba: If they would make a show about him they should use his Season 0 version because this one is twisted.

CosmicAce
09-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Yugi vs Judai - episodes 179 (second half) and 180. :U

eternity
09-16-2011, 02:40 AM
I am still watching GX.
Well, not now because sleep is soon.

But, I personally enjoy any "real" encounters with the monsters. You know, when they're in an alternate world, or something. Reminds me of the Seal of The Ori-whatever ark in the second season of the show. (Yu-Gi-Oh!). Before it got boring.

eternity
09-21-2011, 02:45 AM
So... 4Kids stopped dubbing GX when Jaden and Yubel went off some place, eh? Huh.
I watched the next episode subbed, to see how Jaden came back.

I do want to watch the rest, but with such silly and lame voice work for the characters, as well as the weird names, it's not happening.

In other words...

English Dubbed > English Subbed.

angel of darknezz
09-21-2011, 05:41 AM
^

That's a rare opinion, considering most people criticize the dub for, well... everything. It's nice to see that some people actually LIKE it instead of just saying,"OMG! It sucks!".

Chimeratech17
09-21-2011, 07:40 AM
I enjoy the dub. It's fun and quirky in its own way.

angel of darknezz
09-21-2011, 12:36 PM
^

I agree. I like all the cliche jokes and bad puns.

eternity
09-21-2011, 08:44 PM
^

That's a rare opinion, considering most people criticize the dub for, well... everything. It's nice to see that some people actually LIKE it instead of just saying,"OMG! It sucks!".

I don't like it.
I love it.

It's nostalgic, and to be perfectly honest, I don't see why people complain about it.

Chimeratech17
09-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Because they're the people who saw the sub, and are therefore biased against the kiddification of the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise?

angel of darknezz
09-22-2011, 12:47 AM
I also like the dub for the nostalgia. That, and the cheesy lines ("Chazz it up!"). I wish they would have dubbed the last season... it sucks that they did'nt. I would have loved to see those scenes in english.

mabaliciousness
11-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Ooooh a GX thread -- just what I've been wanting! Now I finally have someplace to dump my commentary as I watch! \o/

But can the thread be revived, or will I be talking to myself? I suppose that's the question.

GX FANS ARE YOU OUT THERE D:

angel of darknezz
11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi, Mabaliciousness. Let's revive this thread.

I love GX!!!!! :D

mabaliciousness
11-21-2011, 08:45 PM
YES LET'S DO IT OMG

I also love GX! I love it so hard. With nothing else to do over the past couple days while I've been too sick to be productive, let's just say I've become particularly... invested in GX. (^^; I just started season two and I am still loving it.

Almost threw my laptop across the room when Zane lost to stupid Aster, though, omg. I have way too many favorites, but Zane is definitely at the top with Jaden and Spazz Chazz.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Atashidake/YGO/tumblr_ln6n6lnHVe1qgbi8ko1_500.png

Oh, and also, just Mab is fine! o/

angel of darknezz
11-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey! Aster is awesome. Learn to realize that ;3 (... And, Zane needed to lose. I'm happy it was to Aster and not Jaden.)

(Also, if you like Zane... Just wait, he turns into a MAJOR douchbag for a while :P)

My favorite characters are...
-Chazz
-Aster
-Jaden

mabaliciousness
11-21-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm having issues with Aster's dub voice, honestly, which is where most of my dislike for him stems thus far. His beating Zane definitely didn't help, though.

But hey, you've probably gathered by now that I am particularly fond of the douchebag types, seeing as my favorites include Zane, Chazz and Jaden. XD

angel of darknezz
11-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Everybody's voice is weird at first (in my opinion) in the dub. Heck, the only one that sounded the most decent was Zane's voice in english. Everybody else, I slowly got used to, then liked. :P

(... Yeah, douchebags are fun, and if you like them, then Aster should start growing on you in a bit.)

EDIT: Weird, but okay.

mabaliciousness
11-21-2011, 09:08 PM
I actually haven't had a big problem with most of the voices in the dub, which has been a pleasant surprise. Oh, except for the dinosaur guy. But he's so obnoxious I probably wouldn't like him even if he had an awesome voice, so I don't think he counts.

Do you ship anyone else aside from Chazz and Jaden?

angel of darknezz
11-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Well, I am a Starshipper (as you know) and I also ship Chazz and Aster from time to time.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I think Chazz's dedication to his crush on Alexis is simply adorable. I find myself rooting for him often, dispite the fact that Alexis would NEVER give him a date of her own volition.

... So, I guess you could say I am also a Valentineshipper. I wish Alexis would just give Chazz a chance.

mabaliciousness
11-21-2011, 09:24 PM
I feel the same way! I don't ship it per se, but I love Chazz, so I'd love for him to get a chance with Alexis if just because he wants it so bad, and he tries so hard. :< Breaks my heart, it does. And Alexis is downright mean to him sometimes, which makes me really feel for him. Like, okay Alexis, we get that you don't want to date Chazz, but geeze, give him a break already! He's clearly proved that he's not such a bad guy once you get to know him.

I'm actually convinced that Alexis and Zane are dating, since they're pretty much attached at the hip, so I'm partly a Royalshipper. But I also like to think there's some kind of crazy, messed up love triangle going on between Zane, Alexis, and Atticus, since once Atticus gets back you get Zane doing things like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Atashidake/YGO/Untitled.png

...that's taking it a step past bromance, dude. :|

angel of darknezz
11-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Exactly! Alexis is okay most of the time, but she is such a (censored) when it comes to Chazz. But in her defense, she is probably distracted by her OBVIOUS crush on Jaden so she does not notice, which is funny because of Jaden's 'obliviousness'.

I can understand the Alexis and Zane dating theory. I don't think they're joined at the hip, but you can tell Zane does feel SOMETHING for her. I mean, they had all those moments ALONE by the lighthouse. I think it's one sided, though. Alexis obviously likes Jaden. I think she has a close friends relationship with Zane.

Edit: (They might have done it, though O.O)

mabaliciousness
11-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I don't hate Alexis for being mean to Chazz, really, it just makes me feel sorry for him. But honestly, thinking back to when I was that age, she probably doesn't even realize how vicious she is sometimes. If the wrong person likes her, it's not shocking that she'd want to make it very clear that she isn't interested nope not one little bit no way not ever! Just. Y'know. In case Jaden bothers to notice. XD

angel of darknezz
11-21-2011, 09:45 PM
^ Yes, so true. I'm sure she does want to make it clear that she does not like Chazz in that way. I feel sorry for him for that. It's wasted effort, though. At the end of the day, Jaden is a lone wolf.

But, in a way, I think Jaden sort of backs off in a sense because HE KNOWS Chazz likes Alexis. Jaden cares about Chazz, so he does that for his sake. Because, Alexis and Jaden have had their moments where they connect, but because of Chazz's crush, I think Jaden steps aside so to speak. Jaden is actually kind of smart to realize that sort of thing, too. You can tell he wants his friend, Chazz, to be happy. <3

Infact, I think that Jaden is actually A LOT smarter and more aware of things then he leads people to believe.
... So, what do you think about Bastion?

mabaliciousness
11-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Infact, I think that Jaden is actually A LOT smarter and more aware of things then he leads people to believe.

So much this. People will always underestimate Jaden so long as he appears like someone flying by the seat of his pants... and maybe, just maybe, that's his genius right there. : P I'm sure I'll have a solid argument for it once I've finished watching, but I've definitely been thinking that too.

As for Bastion, I've been kind of indifferent towards him up until now. He hasn't really done anything to make me like or dislike him, although I'm happy to see him sticking by Jaden with this whole Aster thing going on now.

angel of darknezz
11-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Bastion is adorable, because you can tell he just wants attention. Did you know that, in the manga, Bastion was the one with the crush on Alexis? I thought that was interesting how they did that.

(... And, yes. Jaden is very deep, oddly enough. I cannot wait to talk about the whole seires when you finish it.)

mabaliciousness
11-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Hmmm Bastion with a crush on Lexi, hm? I dunno how I feel about that. Chazz is pretty adorable with his awkward first love, ngl.

aslkdjfkl now I need to just tell myself that Jaden is in the background making it all better, or I'll start feeling sorry for Chazz again. I am such a sap. XD

angel of darknezz
11-22-2011, 12:19 AM
I know how you feel sometimes. Me too.

Then again, Chazz's character is very different in the manga. He is way more serious in there. Bastion's crush on Alexis in the manga is like Chazz's crush on Alexis in the anime. There is even a chapter in the manga where Bastion duels Jaden for her phone number, no joke.

mabaliciousness
11-22-2011, 11:06 AM
What I'm really loving about the show is how it doesn't take itself too seriously. There are so many little background details that just kill me, like how they make the point that -- despite what other anime and/or gaming might have led you to believe -- the forces of darkness will not always wait until you are well rested and properly dressed before commencing the final showdown... ATTICUS. 8|

I've also been pleasantly surprised by the unexpected amount of innuendo and pop culture references to be found. I guess after watching abridged versions for so long, I'd forgotten that actual shows are allowed to make references too. With all the intertextual elements at play in the background, though, I've definitely found a whole extra level of enjoyment in the show that I hadn't at all anticipated!

angel of darknezz
11-22-2011, 06:34 PM
^ Well, that's good that you got some unexpected enjoyment out of it.

What episode are you on now?

mabaliciousness
11-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Sixty-three, so about ten episodes into season two. Going to have to slow down though, sadly, since I'm finally well enough to get back to work tomorrow and after nearly a week in bed, well... I have a lot to catch up on in a very short amount of time. (>_<)

angel of darknezz
11-25-2011, 11:56 PM
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l510/angel_of_darknezz/OjamaTrio_.gif

mabaliciousness
11-28-2011, 11:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Atashidake/tumblr_lv9q56n9251qa2tj5o1_500.png

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv4xl84gVR1qd8555o1_500.png

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv4xhqHeOl1qd8555o1_500.png

y so sexy, Chazz?

angel of darknezz
11-29-2011, 12:10 AM
I guess you could say... That this thread has been Chazzed.

mabaliciousness
11-29-2011, 01:33 AM
loooool I just Chazzed this thread up something fierce. XD

Gotta say, though, I really wouldn't mind being Chazzed myself sometime. *cough* ;> >

angel of darknezz
11-29-2011, 01:39 AM
... Um, I don't know how to react to that. O.o

mabaliciousness
11-29-2011, 01:51 AM
lol the extent to which I jones for anime characters, let me show you it. XD My shame knows no bounds.

Except not really because obviously I admit to it on a public forum. But y'know.

...HEY LOOK OVER THERE! IS THAT ATTICUS RHODES PLAYING THE UKULELE ON A GIANT KOI FISH??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Atashidake/tumblr_lummexRyBl1qelfc3o1_400.jpg

OH THAT ATTICUS~ :thatface:

angel of darknezz
11-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Oh, wow. That's kind of random. Lol.

mabaliciousness
11-29-2011, 02:28 AM
I know, right? But I think it sums up Atticus pretty well. I am constantly perplexed by his randomness. After his introduction as Nightshroud, his normal personality is... not what I was expecting. XD

Chimeratech17
11-29-2011, 04:15 AM
Atticus is crazy awesome.

mabaliciousness
11-29-2011, 04:23 AM
I didn't really like him at first, I think mostly because he was so completely off-the-wall, which I hadn't been expecting. I'm only a little ways into season two now, but I've gradually come to rather appreciate his particular brand of crazy. This mostly has to do with the fact that he spent the entire final battle of season one dressing in a hawaiian shirt and toting a ukulele. I just. What.

dat Atticus

angel of darknezz
11-29-2011, 04:48 AM
I liked the episode where Atticus "coached" Chazz in the ways of love. I was not sure if he was trying to honestly help Chazz, or if he wanted to get a good laugh out of the situation.

mabaliciousness
11-29-2011, 05:00 AM
I'm thinking more along the lines of the latter. Also, great means of driving Alexis crazy, which he seems inclined to do whenever possible.

angel of darknezz
11-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Heh... Poor Alexis. Brothers... -_-

angel of darknezz
11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Does anybody remember Belowski? That kid is awesome.

Chimeratech17
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Is he the sleepy guy with the giant Mokey Mokey?

angel of darknezz
11-30-2011, 11:33 PM
^ Yes, yes he is. I like that kid.

"I summon Mokie Mokie in attack modey modey~!"

mabaliciousness
12-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Oh my god, awful filler is awful. (>_<) And the recap episode...

Dear season two, can we please get back to Zane going crazy and Jaden, y'know, being on the show? :|

angel of darknezz
12-01-2011, 02:25 AM
Hey, filler is alright. Do you really want the show to end so quickly? Savor it.

mabaliciousness
12-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Um.

No.

angel of darknezz
12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Whatever. Fillers make me more grateful for the actual plot when it gets back on track, but I know some people can get rather impatient. So, that's okay. We're all different people with different opinions, after all. There is no denying that. One thing is for sure, it can't be changed, so either skip the filler episodes or deal with it, or you can complain about it more, I guess.

What episode are you on, anyway?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/Nekagi/GX/lol.png

angel of darknezz
12-05-2011, 09:44 AM
... Best single episode character of GX:

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l510/angel_of_darknezz/300px-Motegi.jpg

=D

Chimeratech17
12-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Definitely. Except for Fubuki of course.

angel of darknezz
12-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Well, yeah... That goes without saying. But, when it comes to characters who only appear for pretty much one episode, Belowski wins in my book.

mabaliciousness
12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Definitely. Except for Fubuki of course.

This. Fubuki rocks my world.

Although, to be fair, I actually love Fubuki for many of the same reasons as I loved Belowski.

angel of darknezz
12-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Heh, I think that this thread needs more Chazz Princeton/Jun Manjoume:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/gx_anime_2008/chazz%20princeton/scan_gx93.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab176/OfficChazzPrinceton/Chazz01.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t129/spidershadow212/Chazz%20Jun/jun3.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t129/spidershadow212/Chazz%20Jun/chazz13.jpg
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff336/aster_phoenix18/yugiohgx/chazzandf.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t129/spidershadow212/Chazz%20Jun/jun2-1.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t129/spidershadow212/Chazz%20Jun/jun13-1.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t129/spidershadow212/Chazz%20Jun/jun15-1.jpg
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww189/aquarianangel91/YuGiOh%20and%20YuGiOh%20GX/ChazzPrinceton4.jpg
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww189/aquarianangel91/YuGiOh%20and%20YuGiOh%20GX/ChazzPrinceton1.jpg

Suga Baybee
12-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Jun is so awesome with glasses

angel of darknezz
12-17-2011, 01:17 PM
I always liked Jun's tattered jacket. It's so... stylish.

SupermewX300
12-28-2011, 08:45 PM
And this children, is why Manga Chazz is cooler than Anime Chazz:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080704020457/yugioh/images/thumb/5/5d/Yu-Gi-OhGX-VOL02-EN.jpg/247px-Yu-Gi-OhGX-VOL02-EN.jpg

Plus he was the only duelist in the academy good enough to even challenge Zane to a duel (he may have lost and not done any LP damage whatsoever, but that's not the point).

Anyway, why the hell is there Manga talk without me?

Speaking of which, The American academy students have arrived! Johan is the best character by far (he goes for like, 5 pages with a leaf in his hair), and I like his butterfly cards.

Also, I prefer most of the manga characters as they have great backstories. And Manga Cyrus is an amazing duelist.

LordZorc
12-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Also, I prefer most of the manga characters as they have great backstories. And Manga Cyrus is an amazing duelist.

This.

Emelinee
05-01-2012, 12:15 PM
I've heard a lot of complaints about GX, and to be honest, that really put me off GX for several months. But after hearing so much about it on this website, I have to admit that I'm intrigued. The characters sound interesting enough, and I definitely need to see that Jaden/Yugi duel...

I just have one question, though:

Since I've neither seen nor read any of GX, which would you recommend first? Manga or anime? And if anime; sub or dub? (Although manga would be more convenient for me, until my stupid computer lets me download Flash Player so I can watch some anime!)

SupermewX300
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I would recommend the Manga personally. It gets going much quicker and all of the characters are competant duelists even by today's pretty tight standards. They also have excellent backstories and motivations. Plus most characters have better decks.

Lily x
07-21-2012, 05:09 PM
I liked GX... Sort of. It was the yugioh generation I am most farmiar with as when the original was big, I was to young to understand it and when 5D's had started I had grown out of it.
Also, I used to have a hugeass crush on Chazz!!!

SupermewX300
07-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Read the Manga. That crush'll come back with a vengeance.

Lily x
07-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Have any of you wondered what older Yugi's face looks like? I imagine it would look pretty much identical to Yami but with more Yugi style hair.

BakuraFan98
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
My favourite characters have got to be Jaden, Jim, Jesse and Chazz :)

YamiYugiFangirl
02-05-2013, 01:22 PM
I like GX. I didn't get to see much episode when it was on though, but I thought it was pretty cool. LOL! Jaden, that's my little brother's name. Although I love Shady's voice work of Jaden in YGOGX Abridged. That guy can rap!