PDA

View Full Version : The Anti-4kids Coalition

kaiser11492
08-20-2010, 05:23 PM
What many anime watchers agree with is that 4kids disrespects anime and anything that is foreign. I hear many anime fans criticize 4kids all over, but why hasn't anybody started taking action. I believe action is needed to bring change. Words are great for expressing ideas, but they have little meaning if nothing is being done with it. What we need is a giant group of all anti-4kids people, a group large enough to make sure 4kids can't ignore us. I will not stand by and let 4kids degrade society with their so called protection of young minds and their lack of respect towards other cultures. Anybody with any other ideas, please express them.

Yuikiko
08-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Isn't this going a bit overboard?

kaiser11492
08-21-2010, 12:11 PM
how is this overboard? i constantly hear all this anti-4kids comments all over the internet and no action has been taken. What i'm saying is that people should take action

roxasabridged
08-21-2010, 12:42 PM

Dude, it's just a company. The 4Kids head might think America is awesome but that hardly calls for a coalition.

gwtyler1985
08-21-2010, 01:15 PM
we can't punish them for being stupid, nor can we punish them for butchering ideas and turning a generation of viewers away from what would otherwise be quality programming. we also can't punish them for taking over the two best channels for saturday morning cartoons. the reason no one has done anything is because they haven't done anything illegal. and even though the government does get on people's cases for being stupid, they're always too preoccupied with stupid banks, stupid airlines, and stupid government officials to pay attention to stupid production companies. so someone please call JR to prevent anymore stupid comments.

SarcasticRocker86
08-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Why would we need to punish them? I don't like what they take out, either, but I just watch the Japanese versions. 4Kids is doing us a service, and even if sometimes that job is done crappilly, I'm not going to complain about it. They have their own opinions and they're a private company so they get to keep those opinions.

The Japanese anime takes out a lot of things from the manga, too.

I'm not dissing you all or saying your coalition is crap in the slightest. By all means, do it. Maybe you can make a change in the 4Kids company. That would be awesome. This was just my opinion.

ClumsyCake
08-21-2010, 04:26 PM
I might be shunned down for saying this, but i'm not anti-4Kids, hell i think they did good, and if it wasn't for them i wouldn't haven known the show's i know today, they did something for us to laugh at/enjoy. Sure they did a crap job at messing with the show, but i still stand and say they are okay.

This thread need's a Lock since the last one was Locked.

kaiser11492
08-23-2010, 01:05 AM
First please don't lock this post. I'm not trying to create an argument. All I'm trying to do is to make a point.

Also, I don't believe 4kids did anything illegal. No laws that I know of haven't been broken so far. I believe many potentially good animes were ruined, which gave the wrong impression to many people. Understanding a new culture and point of view through anime is extremely healthy for a society. Besides, if 4kids wants to preserve and make everything American, why not work with American-made shows. Then they wouldn't have to spend tons of money on editing.

A show originally made for older audiences should be shown to an older audience, and not a younger one. Who and why did many anime series became a young child thing?

Also, a message for all people who doubt change can be done, how can we know if it fails or succeeds without even trying it in the first place?