PDA

View Full Version : The Official Death Note Thread

PoisonXLilly
05-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Discuss everything about the awesome Death Note fandom and Death Note itself.

Posting pictures is a must!

Mell or Near?

GO!!!

:thatface:

littleblondegirl
05-14-2010, 07:06 PM
omgomgomgomgogmogmgomg TEAM KIRA. :3 Mello > Near. I hate Near. >_> And Matsuda. I watched the last episode the other day and cried for two hours...because I am really that in love with Kira D: *sniff*

Gamemaster300
05-15-2010, 12:26 AM
I love near, he was an amazing lucky soab

FuzzyG57
05-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Hurray for Death Note!
It was the first anime I watched where I loved the bad guy more than the good guys, and felt sorry for the bad guy for dying.

I realllllly don't understand the whole "OMG I LOVE MELLO" thing... He kinda scares me, to be honest, and he's not around much in the anime, so with his weird clothes and chocolate fetish his fandom just leaves me thinking "Whaaaat???" Anyone care to explain?

lestrange5
05-16-2010, 09:39 PM
I hated both Near and Mello.

ladykaiba419
05-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Hurray for Death Note!
It was the first anime I watched where I loved the bad guy more than the good guys, and felt sorry for the bad guy for dying.

I realllllly don't understand the whole "OMG I LOVE MELLO" thing... He kinda scares me, to be honest, and he's not around much in the anime, so with his weird clothes and chocolate fetish his fandom just leaves me thinking "Whaaaat???" Anyone care to explain?

Yes mello isn't much in the anime, Mello and Near only appeared after L's death

Mello and Near are the candidates to be the next L :wink:

If you think that Mello is crazy...

THINK ABOUT MATT! The guy who only appears in 1 episode and a few pages in the manga, but he has TONS of fan girls xD

But I'm all for Kira <3 Raiitoo~

FuzzyG57
05-17-2010, 04:44 PM
THINK ABOUT MATT! The guy who only appears in 1 episode and a few pages in the manga, but he has TONS of fan girls xD

But I'm all for Kira <3 Raiitoo~

That's another fandom I can't understand: why is Matt so freaking popular? He's actually only seen for about a minute total, so... why???

I was a fan of both L and Kira... kinda makes it awkward when you can't decide who you want to win/live.

TitanAura
05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
That's another fandom I can't understand: why is Matt so freaking popular? He's actually only seen for about a minute total, so... why???

I was a fan of both L and Kira... kinda makes it awkward when you can't decide who you want to win/live.
He was drawn to look "hawt" and in anime, hawt = fangirls.

I'm an L fan without question but some people on both sides are complete retards when it comes to "who was the superior genius" because the point was that they were perfectly even. I'd personally like to think that L was the superior intellect as to give him the edge in what he's capable of whereas Light's the perfectly sociable everyman who can wriggle himself free in a bind whereas if L was caught in the same situation, his own weirdness would bring him under suspicion and therefore fail. I'm also certain that more often than not, L fans are socially inept creeps like myself whereas Light fans are socially accepted normal people, or SHEEP as I like to call them.

Fat1Fared
05-17-2010, 07:13 PM
He was drawn to look "hawt" and in anime, hawt = fangirls.

I'm an L fan without question but some people on both sides are complete retards when it comes to "who was the superior genius" because the point was that they were perfectly even. I'd personally like to think that L was the superior intellect as to give him the edge in what he's capable of whereas Light's the perfectly sociable everyman who can wriggle himself free in a bind whereas if L was caught in the same situation, his own weirdness would bring him under suspicion and therefore fail. I'm also certain that more often than not, L fans are socially inept creeps like myself whereas Light fans are socially accepted normal people, or SHEEP as I like to call them.

your ability to demean everyone who refuses to take life in the same vain as yourself has always amazed me titan, aspecially as your life is plain scary lol :thatface:

=I think L is cool, but Raito will always be my man for the simple fact that he is neither good nor bad, just a man with a dream like every other man, but unlike most he acts in order to turn the said dream into a reality.

=I wouldn't say their perfectly balanced because their two sides to the same coin as everyone knows heads is always heavier than tails ^_^, but no one can truly know who is better however to me, Near's words sum it that Light did win and that is fundamental to it.

I would say though the whole thing is more like looking in a broken mirror, both the same but completely different and each one shadows the other without actually being the other

=IE=Everyone says light uses others and that is why he wins, but if look at it, L abuses just as many poeple as light throughout the manga, the difference is that Light is more cunning with manipulations, while L is more blunt with his. And this broken mirrorings of each other, occur throughout the show.

=And befor titan says it to you all, no I am not a socialite, I just don't give a shit what others think of me, so means don't need to hide myself in my darkened room all day :thatface:

PS didn't we already have DN thread <_<
>_>

berober04
05-17-2010, 07:56 PM
>_>

Shush you

ladykaiba419
05-17-2010, 08:14 PM

:squintyface: Actually... When I was watching this I was too caught up with the story, and the Death Note it self. (If you guys notice whoever holds the Death Note the story will revolve around that person for a while) So yea... I didn't care about who lives and who dies XD yay story plot! lol

Liar/actor = Light

And the best liar/actor wins. I agree with the fact that Light has his advantages when it comes to the people around him. His manipulation skills are obviously epic.

Panikkay
05-17-2010, 08:23 PM

A prime example of Ensemble Darkhorse (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EnsembleDarkhorse). Fanbases seem to latch on to the most unlikely characters xD

ladykaiba419
05-17-2010, 08:32 PM
I think its cuz fan girls are ... well... just fan girls xD

crazy fan girls xD

But as a fan girl I would obviously like the hawt ones :thatface: maybe its cuz of that

Jotenks
05-17-2010, 08:39 PM
I hated both Near and Mello.

Yeah, I probably wouldnt have minded if L beat Light and won, but Near and Mello both sucked and I wanted them both to die.

I was surprised at how it ended though, left me feeling a bit lame for a while.

Panikkay
05-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Eh? I really liked that arc. Granted, L is better than those two, but personally, I think L's death was better for the story as a whole.

TitanAura
05-18-2010, 11:33 PM
your ability to demean everyone who refuses to take life in the same vain as yourself has always amazed me titan, aspecially as your life is plain scary lol :thatface:

=I think L is cool, but Raito will always be my man for the simple fact that he is neither good nor bad, just a man with a dream like every other man, but unlike most he acts in order to turn the said dream into a reality.

=I wouldn't say their perfectly balanced because their two sides to the same coin as everyone knows heads is always heavier than tails ^_^, but no one can truly know who is better however to me, Near's words sum it that Light did win and that is fundamental to it.

I would say though the whole thing is more like looking in a broken mirror, both the same but completely different and each one shadows the other without actually being the other

=IE=Everyone says light uses others and that is why he wins, but if look at it, L abuses just as many poeple as light throughout the manga, the difference is that Light is more cunning with manipulations, while L is more blunt with his. And this broken mirrorings of each other, occur throughout the show.

=And befor titan says it to you all, no I am not a socialite, I just don't give a shit what others think of me, so means don't need to hide myself in my darkened room all day :thatface:

>_>
You bring up several interesting points but let me be clear that it was a joke.... ok maybe only a little. It's simply fact that more often than not, people will side with the character that they can relate to so, as is my method of making purposefully broad assumptions with my own flavoring of scorn. I know not every shut in sides with L and scorns Light or sociably sane person sides with Light and vice versa. Sometimes it's simply deciding based upon their motives and methods rather than their personalities (which is perfectly valid).

I'd also like to point out that both sides had advantages however it's debatable as to who truly had the upper hand. Light had some pretty unfair advantages due to their supernatural aspects but because even those had limits, it wasn't as overpowering as some may believe. He DOES get trapped on several occasions because of those limitations. L, however, had just about everything else, i.e. resources. He knew EVERYTHING that could be known unless it was deliberately hidden by Light and that's how he was easily able to pinpoint the identity of Kira so soon. Catching Light red handed, however, is a different story. That's when the overly complex relationships between characters start to meld with the overarching plot and judgment calls start changing to comply with the new field of battle. The killing blow, however, was time. L didn't get enough time to follow up on his theories the moment he learned the method behind the murders was a physical object. Sadly, we will never know how it would have turned out had he been given the opportunity however it's amazingly good just as is and I wouldn't change a single thing.... ok I'd probably give L a dog named Watson, but that's it!

Fat1Fared
05-19-2010, 01:36 PM
You bring up several interesting points but let me be clear that it was a joke.... ok maybe only a little. It's simply fact that more often than not, people will side with the character that they can relate to so, as is my method of making purposefully broad assumptions with my own flavoring of scorn. I know not every shut in sides with L and scorns Light or sociably sane person sides with Light and vice versa. Sometimes it's simply deciding based upon their motives and methods rather than their personalities (which is perfectly valid).

=Don't worry, I mostly joking too thus the :thatface: , (I guess I didn't make that clear enough, I did for some time put "this is joke" whenever I made a joke, but several users took offence at that as well, so just decided to give up <roles eyes>)

-And yer generally people addear to what agree's with them most, but I think the mistake most people really make in regards to L and Light is that they don't look at the complex tones each character has to their profile and just take them on face value of light being insane manipulative mass murder and L is genius detective, but both have aspects which show that neither truly quite so boxed in.

I'd also like to point out that both sides had advantages however it's debatable as to who truly had the upper hand. Light had some pretty unfair advantages due to their supernatural aspects but because even those had limits, it wasn't as overpowering as some may believe. He DOES get trapped on several occasions because of those limitations. L, however, had just about everything else, i.e. resources. He knew EVERYTHING that could be known unless it was deliberately hidden by Light and that's how he was easily able to pinpoint the identity of Kira so soon. Catching Light red handed, however, is a different story. That's when the overly complex relationships between characters start to meld with the overarching plot and judgment calls start changing to comply with the new field of battle. The killing blow, however, was time. L didn't get enough time to follow up on his theories the moment he learned the method behind the murders was a physical object. Sadly, we will never know how it would have turned out had he been given the opportunity however it's amazingly good just as is and I wouldn't change a single thing.... ok I'd probably give L a dog named Watson, but that's it!

=True, True, though it does beg two questions:-

1=Doesn't the fact that it was light's brilliance which coursed L's lack of time, make that point a bit non-invoid though?
-(all be it dishonourable brilliance, which I have to say as someone will surely go next, "Light cheated to win", as if there are rules to this mind duel -_-)

2=Will the dog get killed by a deathnote?

=Jotenks, a user of this site once called me evil for saying I was disappointed with the end of the series, 0_o

-On point of Near/Mello I think the problem their characters both suffer from is that neither are as cool L, while writers almost try to make them both carbon copies of L, only they slightly exacerbated other personality traits of these two, over ones L' actual own character showed. (if makes sense, there all fundermentally the same, but each one has different trait within their personality highlighted into order to define them)
-And part of brilliance of DN is the relationship between L and Light, which neither Mello nor Near really ever possess

killshot
05-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Guys, I have an announcement to make. Anime is officially dead. Music is officially dead. Everything good in the world is dead. I'll be in my garage building a time machine so that I may attempt to undue this travesty.

http://i50.tinypic.com/20r0p0.jpg

Source. (http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/soulja-boy-death-note-the)

TitanAura
05-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Guys, I have an announcement to make. Anime is officially dead. Music is officially dead. Everything good in the world is dead. I'll be in my garage building a time machine so that I may attempt to undue this travesty.

http://i50.tinypic.com/20r0p0.jpg

Source. (http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/soulja-boy-death-note-the)
Sweet Jesus.

Gamemaster300
06-01-2010, 08:17 PM
just wondering, when police chief see mello he sais his real name to him, doesn't light hear it through the mike........no wait nevermind, light never saw his real face

PoisonXLilly
09-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Death Note.
Go on.
Start talkin'.

~Kira

EZE
09-11-2010, 02:41 PM
I like apples. :3

kudos
09-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I honestly side with L

>.>

but that doesn't stop Kira from being amazing :D

the entire mindgame interaction between the two geniuses is something I really like. :3

PoisonXLilly
09-11-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm starting to turn into a Light fangirl.
Not a squeeling fangirl. .-.

I just like the way he thinks. I mean, he doesn't have a non-existant heart. He actually cares for the people he loves, and also total strangers. He wanted to do something he thought was a great idea at the time. I don't blame him. I might have done just the exact same thing if I were in his position.

And the mindgames between him and L are fantastic. ^^

Apples are win. >///<

JesusRocks
09-15-2010, 07:09 AM
This is not a picture thread. Stop it.

Also, Poison, why did you not just bump up the last death note thread you made if you wanted to add relevant information to it.

Alternatively you could have asked a mod to sticky it

JesusRocks
09-15-2010, 08:19 AM
I've merged these two threads because there was no reason to start another one.

PoisonXLilly
09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Ack. Sorry. ^^
I didn't see it. >.>"

I completely forgot about it, to be honest. XD

JesusRocks
09-15-2010, 05:29 PM
It's fine... in future though, if you're gonna make a thread, use the "search this forum" feature to check to make sure there are no threads already on the subject.

If the thread hasn't been posted in for over 2 or 3 months, then it's generally considered dead, and therefore fine to make a new one... but there's also nothing wrong with reviving said thread with a relevant addition to the discussion.

PoisonXLilly
09-19-2010, 01:21 AM
Ah.. I'm sorry. ^^"

Anyway.

What does everyone think about Beyond Birthday? >.>"

PoisonXLilly
10-18-2010, 12:39 PM
*cough*

PoisonXLilly
10-29-2010, 11:07 AM
*sneeze*
>.>"
<.<"
Quiet thread is quiet.

Seagull Dien
10-29-2010, 04:42 PM
I wish i read the official thing about beyond birthday. i think he should have been on the show.

What do you guys think about this. I learned later it's fake though but still cool. :D

Ue8fM2FBL_A

PoisonXLilly
11-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Haha.
Wow, that's nice.
It's hard to believe it's fake; the art was amazing.

iJaden-Eph-Aster
12-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Hmmm, Mello or Near, niether L!! Though it might have been the fact that I never gave Near or Mello a chance.

DarkXWolf12
12-24-2010, 01:39 PM
One of my favs, this anime got me hooked on watching more anime shows.

Nebulous Squirrel
01-05-2011, 05:28 AM
aw i wish that was the real ending that was cool

SupermewX300
01-25-2011, 01:36 PM
I just got the Manga Volume 1 today.

Just read Chapter 1.

I came

stardust25
05-15-2011, 02:14 PM
lol yagami backwards is iamgay

angel of darknezz
06-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Death Note is a great Anime!!! Is there anybody out there who likes the live action movies???
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/aikawatsuki/DeathNote.jpg

TitanAura
06-12-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't think this thread warrants a sticky anymore. Not enough discussion to be worth it.

getsuga tenshou
08-06-2011, 12:36 PM
I liked the series because you had to want light to win, but at the same time I was in awe of how L outsmarted light to the end. however the live action ending was my favorite cuz L wins lol

Cid
06-09-2013, 12:34 PM
A noble goal executed by an angry fool... His means were intriguing, but ultimately futile for all shall soon perish as one.