PDA

View Full Version : School Days

0mnislash17
09-29-2010, 08:07 PM
So I've just finished the entire anime (12 Episodes) and well...don't have much to say about it. I had heard this was supposed to be a great anime and judging by the ratings I had seen as well I thought it would live up to that. Unfortunately for me, it did not. I felt it was lacking a lot in comparison to a lot of other animes out there in it's genre.

How about the rest of you? Do you share my thoughts or do they differ? Discuss.

killshot
09-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Is this the show with the "nice boat" ending? If so, I don't know what you were expecting. Everyone who has seen this show says it was garbage except for the "nice boat."

0mnislash17
09-30-2010, 11:12 AM
If you mean the psycho on the boat at the end, then I think we're on the same page. I was expecting a lot because I had heard good things about it...guess people have some weird tastes cause it didn't live up to the praise I had heard.

roxasabridged
09-30-2010, 12:43 PM
It is good, but Makoto has got to be one of the biggest douche bags in anime. Fortunately, his manga counterpart seems far more caring and less of a sex crazed maniac.

... For now.

Fat1Fared
01-01-2011, 09:42 AM
never seen this one because princple never appealed to me, my friends tried to make me watch it, but only justifcation was the somewhat pointless sounding ending (which I have no idea what it is)

Ave
01-02-2011, 12:58 AM
If you mean the psycho on the boat at the end, then I think we're on the same page. I was expecting a lot because I had heard good things about it...guess people have some weird tastes cause it didn't live up to the praise I had heard.
Well, no. During the initial run, the violence of the 12th episode was deemed too untimely(a murder had just taken place in which a young girl killed her father) and thus too explicit(had it been aired) to be shown. Instead, they broadcasted a video of European scenery. A rather nice ferry was displayed for an unnecessary amount of time. Since then, "Nice Boat" has become a meme to express abrupt censorship.

As for my opinion of the show... I didn't dislike it. I was entertained enough to watch every episode. It wasn't amazing, and the comparisons to Higurashi are innaccurate and nearly unwarranted except by one dull similarity. You can't blame people for trying to perpetuate the whole "killer girl(s)" thing, I suppose.
Edit: It is a bit fair ot compare the School Days game to the Higurashi games, though. The mechanics are similar, they are after all both visual novels.