PDA

View Full Version : The Official Fuits Basket Thread

PoisonXLilly
10-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Since there isn't one, and apparently only I care enough to make an OFFICIAL thread about this wonderful manga...

Here ya go.
Post away.
Post pics...just not, like, mega-huge ones, nor image dumps unless it's in a wrap.

^^

Deep conversation is also welcome. Fruits Basket is a deep manga. The anime doesn't even scratch at it. (yet...it's fantastic...haha...sorta....I guess....better than nothing...)

Fenrir502
10-02-2010, 11:58 PM
There was already a pseudo official thready thing, but meh.

Favourite characters = Yuki, Ayame and Kisa.

PoisonXLilly
10-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Ayame is probably my favorite, too.
He's so random, and just...His personality rocks. I love his random outbursts. You never know what he's gonna do next, and yet...You just KNOW he's gonna do something over the top.
...Maybe that means he likes to put effort into what he does? ...I just realised this. Haha. He puts effort into trying to win back his brother's love, he puts effort into his clothing shop, and he puts effort into...almost everything else.

With some things, though, it's not going the way he wants it to.

Anyone care to elaborate...?

PoisonXLilly
10-16-2010, 12:28 PM
=/

MistySerenity
10-17-2010, 10:15 PM
At first I thought Ayame was gay then I realized that he likes to play around with Shigure all the time and this really annoys Yuki.

PoisonXLilly
10-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Nononononononononononono.....
Ayame likes Mine. =/
Him and Shigure are apart of the Mabudachi Trio, with Hatori. (Friends until Hatori kills one of them. XD) They like to play around, trust me. Shigure likes Akito. (WHO IS A GIRL.)

Actully, Ayame doesn't do it to annoy Yuki. He tries hard NOT to annoy him, but...Ayame has a very wild, boastful, and dramatic personality. Poor Yuki, he just can't keep up...
Although, they each have deep respect for one another. ^^"

Silent_Cinderella
10-22-2010, 03:54 AM
FRUITS BASKET!!! :DDDDD

I love this~ The anime was pretty, but that's about it :/ (I like anime occasionally because the characters get voices and cds and all other types of stuff :3)

I just finished the manga the other day (gods I'm slow..)
I cried. A lot ;.;
My mum (who doesn't read) is now reading it too! Convert to fangirl!! XD

I like Kisa the best <3 I also like Machi, because she's adorable. And Mogeta (I'm actually making a Mogeta plushy. My Japanese teacher saw me, confirmed what I was doing, and demanded one too XD) My fave male is probably Hatori :3

I don't know if I like Akito or not. At least, before he was a she, I knew that I hated him, but now it's like...whaaat??

MistySerenity
10-24-2010, 10:12 AM
When i found out Akito was a girl i was like o_0 I just couldn't believe it but I only watched the anime and only read up to volume 4. I wish the anime was longer though.

YaoiMeowmaster
10-24-2010, 10:59 AM
I could never get into this manga. The summary got me bored anyway.

PoisonXLilly
10-24-2010, 04:00 PM
=/

PoisonXLilly
10-24-2010, 04:04 PM
FRUITS BASKET!!! :DDDDD

I love this~ The anime was pretty, but that's about it :/ (I like anime occasionally because the characters get voices and cds and all other types of stuff :3)

I just finished the manga the other day (gods I'm slow..)
I cried. A lot ;.;
My mum (who doesn't read) is now reading it too! Convert to fangirl!! XD

I like Kisa the best <3 I also like Machi, because she's adorable. And Mogeta (I'm actually making a Mogeta plushy. My Japanese teacher saw me, confirmed what I was doing, and demanded one too XD) My fave male is probably Hatori :3

I don't know if I like Akito or not. At least, before he was a she, I knew that I hated him, but now it's like...whaaat??

Fruits Basket only has one drama CD, I think...^^"
And I think the Laura Bailey, the girl who DUBS Tohru Honda, sang the Ending...

Fantastic~! Does your mom like it? Does she understand how to read it...?

...IwantaMogetaplushy.
>.>"

Tohru helped a bunch. ^^" Heh...Akito was...Akito. It's hard to get into her mind.

Silent_Cinderella
10-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Oh yeah, I was talking anime in general about the Cds and stuff :3
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she did too. I really like the Fruits Basket themes - they're so pretty <3

Yeah mum likes it :D She finds it difficult to read though XD

Mogeta is proving hard to make... ;.;

PoisonXLilly
10-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Oh yeah, I was talking anime in general about the Cds and stuff :3
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she did too. I really like the Fruits Basket themes - they're so pretty <3

Yeah mum likes it :D She finds it difficult to read though XD

Mogeta is proving hard to make... ;.;

I love Laura Bailey~.

You should interoduce her to more manga, lol. My mom doesn't watch nor read it, but I sometimes tell her about it, but she's...meh.

N'aww. Make a Kyonkichi kitty doll.
Or Ayame~, lol.
POST PICTURES.

Silent_Cinderella
11-01-2010, 12:45 AM
haha yeah. Mum prefers to watch it more than read it, but she constantly asks questions while we're watching. WAIT FIVE MINUTES ND YOU'LL GET YOUR ANSWER!! PATIENCE!!! lol

I saw someone with a Kyo doll the other day and was insanely jealous. First Mogeta, then Kyo~ (I'd feel horrible if I messed up Kyo. Mogeta's a only sorta of defined blob anyway XD) Pictures are a must~ (Perhaps a tutorial if I remember to take photos while making it ;p)

RipMyHeartInTwo
12-24-2010, 05:21 PM
I love Fruits Basket it's so diffrenet from the other Anime/Manga's I see/read.
Umm, I know this is going to sound silly but I wish more people in this world could be like Tohru.
I mean you just never see a whole lot of people who act like that you know.

YamiChan
05-14-2011, 02:47 PM
I love Ayame. My favorite part of the manga is when he shows up for Yuki's school conference thing.

But poor Momiji. It's just one bad thing after another for him.@_@

Fenrir502
05-14-2011, 03:30 PM
I totally agree! One of the saddest moments in the manga is when he tells Tohru about his mother, in my opinion.

musigal
05-16-2011, 12:25 AM
enjoyed this anime, though the ending seemed a bit chopped off.

there's also a typo in the thread name, in case you hadn't noticed.

Fenrir502
05-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Yeah, the ending of the anime was a hasty attempt to finish the story at volume eightish of the manga.

There are twenty-three volumes.

Abruptness ensued.

AzzyFox
05-16-2011, 03:29 PM
My sisters got me into Fruits Basket and I love it, both the manga and the anime.

angel of darknezz
06-09-2011, 09:05 AM
I have only read the first 3 volumes of Fruits Basket. I'm way more familiar with the anime seires. It's one of my favorites.
Here is a Pic ^^
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h418/Katie_Bernath/fruits_basket141.jpg