PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea for a story...Could you guys check it out?

Haluwasa2
10-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Um, Hi, I'm Haluwasa2 I'm new here, but I have this story idea for a Yu-Gi-Oh!/Avatar: The Last Airbender crossover story. Could you guys give me some feedback to what you think?

Here are two video links of videos that go with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne7zTrkx2Nw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKdOtkJH5ag

And here is the basics of the story:
Plot:
Six children were sent away from their home dimension as babies to a world where the card game, Duel Monsters rule. Their bending ability would only activate when they were needed most and only the spirits and a few mortals knew about them. And they are all related to characters we know, Aang, Kataara, Sokka, Zuko, Azula, and Bumi. And these characters who are related to them? We know them as Yugi, Marik, Bakura, Seto Kaiba, Mokuba, and Joey!

A/U-ishness:
1.)Any twins born with one avatar can be born with two if the twins are born within one minute of each other.
2.) It takes place at a point in time where Marik, Bakura, Yugi, Tea, Tristan, joey, Kaiba, and Mokuba are working together.
3.) Aang and Yugi are 14, Marik is 13, Seto;Zuko;Sokka;Mai(From Avatar) are 16, Mokuba is 12, Toph; Ty Lee is 14, everyone else who is a teen is 15
4.) They have six months left before Sozin's Comet

Family Ties:
Aang/Yugi (twin brothers)/Marik (brothers)
Zuko/Seto Kaiba (twin brothers)/Azula/Mokuba (siblings)
Kataara/Bakura(twins)/Sokka (siblings)
Joey/Bumi(cousins)

Bending:
Yugi- Avatar (Water, Earth, Fire, Air)
Marik- Air
Bakura- Water
Seto- Fire
Mokuba- Finds he has unstable Firebending
Joey- Earth

Time in Avatar World: The day the escapees of the Day of Black Sun arrive at the Western Air Temple

So if you could give me your feedback, that'd be great.

Xanadu
10-10-2010, 08:08 PM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/spoony_face.png

Haluwasa2
10-10-2010, 08:13 PM
O.o... Seriously, man, what the heck? Is that a good response? A bad one? A speechless one? Words, please. '-.-

Xanadu
10-10-2010, 08:16 PM
fanfiction is terrifying, plus this belongs in the anime section

JesusRocks
10-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Naked Zombie Sean Connery is right... I shall move this to the anime section

Haluwasa2
10-10-2010, 08:23 PM
whoops, sorry. Didn't know that's where it belongs. Sorry.

And why is it terrifying?

Xanadu
10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
fanfics are unnatural and scary
often are poorly written and naturally have no original idea's just leaching off the works of others
yugioh fanfics always have yaoi and rarely have anything to do with cardgames, and is just all around strange
crossovers are even weirder, they fallow some weird, often silly plot that never makes any sense

TitanAura
10-10-2010, 11:17 PM
*sigh*
You know I kind of understand fan fiction as an outlet for the "what ifs" of a series but I have a hard time wrapping my head around how much time and effort goes into writing tons of original plots and characters only to waste that effort by using another series' settings and characters. Least of all is Yugioh and it's half-retarded premise. It's not like the story STARTED OFF flipping out about card games. It actually began like any other manga by developing the characters and delving into their relationships and using table top games as a METAPHOR for their real life problems and situations but then the main fanbase consisting of table top gamers went "ZOMG A MANGA ABOUT TABLE TOP GAMING! MAKE IT MORE ABOUT THE TABLE TOP GAMING!" and Kazuki Takahashi being the massive sellout that he is followed their craven retarded demands.

Haluwasa2
10-11-2010, 07:45 AM
1, I actually do think up my own plots. It usually starts out as one scene I have in my head and I build a story around it.
2, This one doesn't have a lot to do with card games, but it will have some dueling. In the second book, the one for the Fire Nation, for example Azula actually duels Yugi/Yami Yugi.
3, I actually write very well. Here is a link to my Fanfiction page if you don't believe me. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2187586/Haluwasa2
I have to write well, I plan on being an author.
4, I do not support yaoi, therefore I do not have it in my stories.
5, The plot is that they are all related to some one in the Avatar world and they must help defend it while learning about their new friends, enemies, families, and world. For example, Sokka and Bakura have a hard brother to brother relationship because Bakura is nothing like Sokka.
6, This one is for you TitanAura, I can understand that you can't wrap your mind around thinking up original plots and ideas, I think it's more with that you have got to really like doing, I myself love it. And happen to agree with the words "It's not like the story STARTED OFF flipping out about card games. It actually began like any other manga by developing the characters and delving into their relationships and using table top games as a METAPHOR for their real life problems and situations" because that's what stories are. Even fanfiction. People often include original characters, or OC's in fanfics and those characters need to be developed. Sometimes even cannon characters will go through a development change in fanfics, it depends on the writer.

YaoiMeowmaster
10-11-2010, 09:17 AM
I don't like it but then again the only crossover I support is Pokemon and Yugioh and that's only because they share a voice actor and the concept feels a little similar.

Xanadu
10-11-2010, 10:59 AM
1, I actually do think up my own plots. It usually starts out as one scene I have in my head and I build a story around it.
2, This one doesn't have a lot to do with card games, but it will have some dueling. In the second book, the one for the Fire Nation, for example Azula actually duels Yugi/Yami Yugi.
3, I actually write very well. Here is a link to my Fanfiction page if you don't believe me. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2187586/Haluwasa2
I have to write well, I plan on being an author.
4, I do not support yaoi, therefore I do not have it in my stories.
5, The plot is that they are all related to some one in the Avatar world and they must help defend it while learning about their new friends, enemies, families, and world. For example, Sokka and Bakura have a hard brother to brother relationship because Bakura is nothing like Sokka.
6, This one is for you TitanAura, I can understand that you can't wrap your mind around thinking up original plots and ideas, I think it's more with that you have got to really like doing, I myself love it. And happen to agree with the words "It's not like the story STARTED OFF flipping out about card games. It actually began like any other manga by developing the characters and delving into their relationships and using table top games as a METAPHOR for their real life problems and situations" because that's what stories are. Even fanfiction. People often include original characters, or OC's in fanfics and those characters need to be developed. Sometimes even cannon characters will go through a development change in fanfics, it depends on the writer.

but you can't publish fanfics, yes I suppose you can add new idea's and plots but you are still using something someone else had created

Haluwasa2
10-11-2010, 03:59 PM
I know, but I do have stories I thought up on my own. I would put them on FictionPress (a site for original stories that have nothing to do with continuities), but I'd rather save them for when I'm an author.
And thank-you, YaoiMeowmaster, for your feedback. You don't have to like it I just want to know.