PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh!

eternity
06-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Seriously? We're on a site, about Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series, and yet, we have no topic about Yu-Gi-Oh! ? There is 5DS, Zexal, and GX, but no Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Unless I looked in the wrong area. Which would be silly to put it anywhere but here. So.

Talk about the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

Personally, I loved all of it, except for the orichalcos bullshit. That shit was so annoying. -_-

Ninjasplaycardgames2
06-01-2011, 03:27 PM
This is blasphemy, THIS IS MADNESS!

ChaosVincent1
06-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I have to agree with you there. The Orichalcos part was crap at best and derailed so many characters. I think the KC World Championship was when the quality was being called back to warm up for the Ancient Egypt arc.

Cardmon
06-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I also agree about Orichalcos part. People say how Jiiku(the pink haired dude from KC Grand Prix I watched it with HK-subs so I can't spell his name on romaji) is really effeminate but I think Darz is even more effeminate. Seriously, he sounds like a woman. When I saw him first time I wondered is that guy or girl. I'm sure many of you agree that the Pharaoh's Memory arc was the best.

Basketcat
06-01-2011, 05:10 PM
The manga is much better than the anime imo, but the anime in Japanese had some great stuff about it if you ignore the fillers and occasional derp worthy animation. (Such things being the voice actors/actresses and the soundtrack)

SupermewX300
06-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Meh, I'm fine with Orichalcos, for the simple reason of Weavel being killed by Breaker. (Breaker! Attack him again!; This just isn't your day!; etc.).

luvyugiandyami
06-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Meh, I'm fine with Orichalcos, for the simple reason of Weavel being killed by Breaker. (Breaker! Attack him again!; This just isn't your day!; etc.).

In the Japanese version, Yami just shouts 'Draw! Monster Card!' over and over and over again

Yamilud
06-07-2011, 05:19 AM
So I'll go ahead and switch off lurker mode just for a while.

Does anyone know where I can watch or safely download Yu-Gi-Oh DM subbed? And I mean all of the anime. I've been searching for a while, but I've only found the dubbed version which I've already watched (and of course found disappointing compaired to the manga) or just the first episode with subs.

luvyugiandyami
06-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Um...I watch the subbed version on gogoanime.com. Though I'm not sure they have all of the episodes. I skip over Battle City. But you can try.

Cardmon
06-07-2011, 06:20 AM
www.watchanimeon.com has at least some episodes subbed. At least first episode. And subs seems to be good for once.

Yamilud
06-07-2011, 01:37 PM
I've already seen both sites...tried a few episodes on each and most of them were the dubbed versions, I only found one that I wanted with the Japanese opening. (I've gotten sick of hearing "Previously, on Yu-Gi-Oh!" these past few days!) Thanks for the help though.

As a sidenote, I'm mostly looking for the Dawn of the Duel/Ceremonial Battle part.

ggctuk
06-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Since nobody noticed, I'll just parrot my message about the new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie here:

Despite the legal action against 4Kids, the movie will be released in the UK in July by Manga Entertainment (http://twitter.com/#!/MangaUK/status/60965090953932800). It shall be uncut and will also come with the original Japanese track along with English subtitles.

If this sells well enough, if 4Kids loses the license for Yu-Gi-Oh! for good (and I hope they do), then Manga definitely needs to pick it back up and re-release the entire backlog of the series, possibly redubbed, but definitely uncut with the original Japanese audio and English subs.

SupermewX300
06-07-2011, 06:07 PM
We get the DVD? Funk yeah!!
I'll finally get to watch it.

luvyugiandyami
06-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Since nobody noticed, I'll just parrot my message about the new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie here:

HALLEUIAH!!! it's uncut and subbed! :D best news ever next to new Assassin's Creed game!!!!

ggctuk
06-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Well, I have recently completed Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium World, I'm onto completing Duelist and Yu-Gi-Oh! R now (I'm missing two volumes of R and about half of Duelist)

angel of darknezz
06-09-2011, 01:32 PM
The original pwns all. No matter what. Better monsters, better characters!
My favorite Duel Monster is the Dark Magician Girl!
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz141/stasiabv/TV/TheDMGandDM.gif
http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o363/misschristina_photo/Yugioh%20Decks/Yami%20Yugi/thedarkspiritrevealed_part1_651.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/par_darkness/dark%20magician%20girl/darkmagiciangirl.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/Navy_SEAL_Danee/Dark%20Magician%20Girl/031132.gif

ggctuk
06-13-2011, 03:15 PM
I dug around a little and found out that the Millennium World arc is actually prematurely ended. Kazuki Takahashi actually planned on having more chapters but was forced to drop a plot due to the time limit. This was to explore the relationship between Kisara and Seto more, and was also supposed to end with Seto rebelling against Atem. I'm guessing this backstory was actually still in place when Duelist was being written - as one of the scenes shows Priest Seto battling Atem in the palace, using Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

KidsDR
07-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I like how when people say "original Yu-Gi-Oh!" they're actually referring to "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters". As though the 1998 series doesn't count or something.

In other words, this thread disappoints me. I was hoping we were talking about the Toei version.

ggctuk
07-08-2011, 11:43 AM
We're talking of the manga and anime, and since the manga encompasses both storylines from 'Season 0' and Duel Monsters, I assume that the thread title means we can discuss the manga (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium World) and the anime (Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters).