PDA

View Full Version : Prince Of Tennis (Tennisu no Oujisama)

Lung
06-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Anyone heard of this anime?^^
We found it years ago, accidently, while looking for Kekkaishi.

"The series is primarily set in Tokyo, and centers around Ryoma Echizen, a tennis prodigy who attends Seishun Academy (????, Seishun Gakuen), or Seigaku (???) for short, a private school famous for its strong tennis club and talented players. Ryoma quickly defeats numerous upperclassmen shortly after entrance to secure himself a spot as one of the team's regulars. In pursuit of their ultimate goal of winning the National Middle School Tennis Championship, members of the team make new friends while learning and mastering increasingly complex techniques. Ryoma also begins to develop his own style of tennis, and eventually realizes what the sport really means to him."~ Wikipedia

I couldn't find a normal trailer of it, but here's the second opening! ^^

pJ55COj682w

Has anyone seen this anime? ^^ Or anyone interested?

angel of darknezz
06-09-2011, 09:19 AM
I remember this seires was on Cartoon Network or something for awhile, I have not seen too many episodes. However, I like the manga that it is based on.

likalaruku
01-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I remember when everyone was talking about this series....

A: "Hey, you guys wanna watch this anime about tennis."

B: "Not if it's as boring as Eyeshield, Slam Dunk, & Hikaru no Go."

A: "It's a slashy sausagefest. There is so much doujinshi out for this thing."

B: "Sign us up."

& thus ends the legend of the first shounen anime I encountered that men were afraid to watch because of the highschool yaoi fanclub. The second one was Gensoumaden Saiyuki.

Farel
02-23-2012, 05:20 AM
All I know about it comes from Y ruler of time
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/yrt/readright/6144-princetennis
It's his most hated thing, although he reviews the manga