PDA

View Full Version : Shaman King

angel of darknezz
06-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Is there anybody out there who enjoys the anime or manga?
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/Alekkks/shaman-king.jpg

Ishikawa Oshro
06-09-2011, 11:54 AM
I enjoy it all!
wish they would come out or would have made some better games than what they made avaliable

still gotta do some manga catching up though

angel of darknezz
06-09-2011, 01:23 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t14/Kenarina/Yuriy%20Gif%20Plaza/RenHyogattai.gif
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t14/Kenarina/Yuriy%20Gif%20Plaza/YohHyoGattai.gif
http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af207/Transformers24680/shamanking.jpg
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd358/RomiLianZ/shamanking.jpg

KidsDR
06-10-2011, 10:57 AM
The manga was amazingly epic up through volume 20, and the alternate ending to the manga was cool (needless to say that the sabotaged ending was pathetic). The anime is kind of a pain to watch because the 4kids dub was awful, as usual, and it's difficult finding consistent episodes of the subbed version on youtube.

But yeah, manga thru vol. 20 and alternate 7-volume ending were awesome. Actually, I wouldn't have picked up Ultimo if I wasn't such a huge fan of Shaman King.

angel of darknezz
06-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Meh, I know I'll be flamed for this...but, I actualy thought Shaman King was the best dub 4kids did...

roxasabridged
06-10-2011, 02:04 PM
The dub was great, actually.

angel of darknezz
06-10-2011, 08:00 PM
The dub was great, actually.

I thought so, too. The voices fit the character's personality.

Ishikawa Oshro
06-10-2011, 09:24 PM
they weren't too annoying. Though morty and rio win it for the most annoying voices of the show -_-

Rio would have been cool for a couple episodes but having to hear him and morty in unision.......UGH

angel of darknezz
06-11-2011, 07:13 AM
they weren't too annoying. Though morty and rio win it for the most annoying voices of the show -_-

Rio would have been cool for a couple episodes but having to hear him and morty in unision.......UGH

I kinda thought Rio's voice was funny. Although I agree with you on Morty, his voice was an earsore...

Ishikawa Oshro
06-11-2011, 09:43 AM
don't get me wrong his voice was no morty.
But like all good things in this world. Too much of it was an earsore.

yoh,lenny,zeke their voice overs were fantastic. Also the snowball kid too

angel of darknezz
06-11-2011, 10:19 AM
don't get me wrong his voice was no morty.
But like all good things in this world. Too much of it was an earsore.

yoh,lenny,zeke their voice overs were fantastic. Also the snowball kid too

I totally agree. Especially with Yoh and Zeke's.

angel of darknezz
06-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I hated the ending of the anime overall, it felt rushed, like wtf??? Know what I mean?

Ishikawa Oshro
06-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I really don't even remember the ending of the anime. I was that upset about it. I just have this vivid flashback of zeke going gold and yoh absorbing the power of everyone around him and beating him like that.

I heard the manga was so much better which is why i'm now reading it.

roxasabridged
06-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Really? I thought it was the manga ending that was worse, what with Zeke becoming god and not destroying everything because... something. At least Yoh sort of done something in the anime, but it's been about three years, so details are fuzzy.

I'd read the manga, but it gives me the impression that Yoh and Morty are a lot angrier than they really should be over nothing.

angel of darknezz
06-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Really? I thought it was the manga ending that was worse, what with Zeke becoming god and not destroying everything because... something. At least Yoh sort of done something in the anime, but it's been about three years, so details are fuzzy.

I'd read the manga, but it gives me the impression that Yoh and Morty are a lot angrier than they really should be over nothing.

I totally agree.

Oh, and I know this is kinda random, but... I realy dislike the X-Laws. They just annoy the absolute crap out of me, especially the Iron Maiden: Jeanne. They claim to be the good guys, but in my opinion they are no better then Hao/Zeke (again this is only my opinion no offence to X-Law fans out there).

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww311/phiusapine/anime/anime%202/x-laws2.jpg

Ishikawa Oshro
06-16-2011, 11:23 AM
I liked the x-laws. their philosophy was hogwash but they sure kicked a hella lot o ass.
Like when lyserg first shows up and owns yoh's wgole team except yoh.
It pretty much summed up the fact that there all kinda.....er......weak!

angel of darknezz
06-17-2011, 12:51 PM
I liked the x-laws. their philosophy was hogwash but they sure kicked a hella lot o ass.
Like when lyserg first shows up and owns yoh's wgole team except yoh.
It pretty much summed up the fact that there all kinda.....er......weak!

^
LOL (That was harsh)

I can agree with this. I can see why you liked them, and they do kick ass... they just annoy me when they get all preachy.
To me, Lyserg was the least annoying... well, kinda.

trebor469
06-18-2011, 08:27 PM
I to enjoyed this series and still is one of my most favorite ton ten anime/manga. But I like the manga version better than the anime mostly because its darker than the show. Also I liked the manga ending better than the anime ending.

P.S. has any one read the Shaman King: Flowers chapter

KidsDR
06-30-2011, 08:31 PM

I'd like to point out that there were two endings to the manga. The first was volumes 20-32, which were terrible since SJ wouldn't let Hiroyuki publish his originally intended ending. He later got the actual ending, which was five volumes shorter, published independently.