PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon: Best Wishes

Pokéfreak
08-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Anyone watching the new series?

I figured I could create a new thread since the old one was for over a year old and pretty much dead and I didn't wanna bump it. So yeah, the new series is pretty great. Jessie and James have become serious and have started working for Giovanni personally so they're no longer after Pikachu in every single episode.

Brock finally left and we have Ash traveling with two brand new characters from the BW games: Iris (one of the 8th leaders in BW and Cilan, one of the first gym leaders in BW). The series plot kicked off with a team rivalry between Team Plasma and Team Rocket but the two-parter featuring the showdown between Team Plasma and Team Rocket in Castelia was delayed due the Sendai earthquake in Japan.

I'm greatly enjoying the series at the moment, tbh. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCe5PWdu3m8

Yamiluver01
08-03-2011, 02:08 PM
I like the new series. Ash's Snivy is awesome. The one episode with it and Emolga was priceless.

Though I do like it that Jesse and James are being serious now, I kinda miss the blasting off again.

Pokéfreak
08-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Do you watch the dub or sub?

Yamiluver01
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Dub every Saturday on Cartoon Network :)

darkarcher
08-04-2011, 03:10 PM
From the few parts of episodes I've seen, it's far better than D/P was.

Still, it's still Ash so I have a hard time enjoying it.

Pokéfreak
08-04-2011, 03:22 PM
They're probably afraid of introducing a new protagonist, I mean, kids have gotten used to Ash and Pikachu so - they're most likely afraid of closing Ash's story. :/

eternity
08-04-2011, 07:58 PM
I always find it interesting when people pointlessly put those little icons for topic threads. Not saying I dislike it, but it always...grabs my attention...which may be what you guys want. :squintyface:

Cardmon
08-05-2011, 03:38 AM
I watch this too. For once subbed Pokemon.

Pokéfreak
08-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Ofc, because original > dub. XD

0mnislash17
08-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't mind it so much with Ash if he would....be successful or at least awesome in some way shape or form.

darkarcher
08-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't mind if the anime followed the primary manga rather than coming up with its own tired repetitive junk.

Pokéfreak
08-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't mind it so much with Ash if he would....be successful or at least awesome in some way shape or form.
He DID beat two legendaries in the semi-finals of Sinnoh league. xD

I wouldn't mind if the anime followed the primary manga rather than coming up with its own tired repetitive junk.
Primary manga? There are many Pokémon mangas, you're gonna have to be more precise.

Tormented
08-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Pokedex: If you look Scraggy in the eyes, it will headbutt you.
Ash: I shall look it in the eyes.
Scraggy: *headbutt*
Ash: Whaddya do that for?!

That says it all for this season.

Yamiluver01
08-05-2011, 10:22 PM
^ I liked in that episode when Scraggy headbutt Pidove, and Pidove had a delayed reaction to it XD

Pokéfreak
08-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Pokedex: If you look Scraggy in the eyes, it will headbutt you.
Ash: I shall look it in the eyes.
Scraggy: *headbutt*
Ash: Whaddya do that for?!

That says it all for this season.
Yeah, I love it too. :P

PokeyugDB
10-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Ofc, because original > dub. XD

Especially when TPCi took over and replaced all the main cast with voice actors who frankly have never fit the roles. Yes, 4Kids was better IMHO.

I can't stand TPCi dub (it still sucks in BW), so I just watch Best Wishes! (subbed) permanently from now one. It's alright as a series, but yet again tireless rehashing and Ash's regression does not help matters for the BW anime. The Pokemon anime itself is way better than Gen IV/DP IMO, but I prefer Gen I-III (before Battle Frontier for Gen III, obviously). I hope Isshu/Unova is the end of this anime. It's gone on way too long, the voice acting in the dub is now awful, it's enough. The Pokemon are the only redeeming factors and I like all of them. The anime itself has gone on WAY too long.

Headlessfangirl
05-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Pokemon was my childhood anime, even watching the new episodes makes me feel nostalgic :smiley1:

CrazyBoutAtemu!
06-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Pokemon was my childhood anime, even watching the new episodes makes me feel nostalgic :smiley1:

Same here.